Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,878 members, 7,876,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65551 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2009
slimshay:

meanwhile, uefa has charged eduardo with simulation, wtf!!!! http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/28/1466429/uefa-charge-arsenal-striker-eduardo-for-simulation-against guess its us against the world. platini must be having multiple ejaculation wherever the f he is right now, shameless fools, where were they all this time when their mascots were diving all over the pitch!!!

EDUARDO CHARGED? Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I think the Scottish FA are the most powerful football organisation in Europe now. . . . . .
All the times players have been charged for simulation. . . .it has been against the Scots. . . .

God don catch Eduardo. . . . . .Bloody spastic diver. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2009
which scottish f.a. nonsense be dat. Platini's gaylover has been hassling him about underperformance and he's having sleepless nights, the last tiome he cld get it up was when he saw arsenal come in fourth last season, he's been flaccid since we whopped celtic 2-0 last week. now he has seen something that can give him a rise again, and he's trying to ride it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
slimshay:

which scottish f.a. nonsense be dat. Platini's gaylover has been hassling him about underperformance and he's having sleepless nights, the last tiome he cld get it up was when he saw arsenal come in fourth last season, he's been flaccid since we whopped celtic 2-0 last week. now he has seen something that can give him a rise again, and he's trying to ride it.

Only 2 players have been charged for simulation in the history of football in Europe.
An Aberdeen player in Scotland and that Lithuanian player who dived against Scotland.
Now, Eduardo is about to be slammed with a 2-match ban for diving against Celtic.

Are you sure you cannot see a trend here?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by BinghiNya(m): 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2009
Satan will make heaven before gunners. They never speak the truth as wenger never sees anything.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
article 10 has existed forever in uefa statutes, they neglected and pretended they didnt see it, until an arsenal player is accused of sumtin wrong. which kain yeye trend be dat. this is simply beef, and platini is a gay!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2009
slimshay:

article 10 has existed forever in uefa statutes, they neglected and pretended they didnt see it, until an arsenal player is accused of sumtin wrong. which kain yeye trend be dat. this is simply beef, and platini is a gay!!!

Y'all should stop diving. . . . .
A giant should not be caught CHEATING when fighting a dwarf!!!
If Eduardo had done that against Chelsea, Man Utd or Barcelona. . . . . .No one would give a rat's ass about it.
Arsenal had won the tie, the aggregate was 2-0 in favour of the Arses and alas. . . . .Eduardo dived to score a goal. . . .

Be honest with yourself. . . . .That was a cardinal sin and i hope they make him a huge scape-goat. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mystikal(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2009
i see a trend where referees decisions  r no longer final and can be challenged any time.

meanwhle cesc won't be travelling 2 old trafford, sad!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2009
mystikal:

i see a trend where referees decisions  r no longer final and can be challenged any time.

Referees decisions were no longer final since the day John Terry and Lampard were shown red cards and the FA rescinded it.
I dunno why GAYnners are reacting negatively to this news. . . .Arsene Wenger got his wish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4842424.stm

[size=20pt]Wenger wants refs to ban divers[/size]

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has called on referees to stamp out diving by suspending guilty players.
Chelsea's Shaun Wright-Phillips is the latest Premiership player to be accused of diving in order to get an opposition player sent off.

And Wenger said: "We have to fight it and there is only one way to punish people diving obviously: suspension.

"Once it is in the game it is difficult to get it out. Once a guy knows he might be punished he will not dive."

Wright-Phillips was accused of diving in Chelsea's 1-0 FA Cup quarter-final win on Wednesday and Newcastle defender Robbie Elliott was sent off.

"My view without going into any individual case is that we are all as managers to fight against it," Wenger said.

"Sometimes the players dive just because they pushed the ball too far and the only way to get something out of the situation is to dive.

"We are all managers who can never say that one of our players has not dived. Nobody can say that in our league.

"I can say that when my team are not involved I am 100% against it."

Arsenal were at the centre of a diving controversy two seasons ago when midfielder Robert Pires won a penalty against Portsmouth to seal a home draw
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2009
Football is just becoming ridiculous these days.
Stupid Press guys and bloggers feed fat on some stupid incidence and UEFA jumps on it.
What should eduardo have done when the penalty was awarded?
Go to the referee and tell him are u f*&king blind?
can't you see I dived.
You swine from the pits of hell, give me a yellow card for simulation !!! sad
OH., I forgot, it's the Arsenal! Isn't it
BTW
Was Cesc Fabregas not also charged by the dumb English FA for spitting at a Hull Official, sorry spitting at the feet of a Hull Official?

I see simulation in almost every single game.
Players are slightly pushed and they fall as if they were shot.
Players are carried out in stretchers and are back in a jiffy.
I wonder whether eduardo would have been charged, if Celtic had gone ahead after the Penalty
to score three goals and qualify for the CL
With idiots like Platini at the helm of affairs at UEFA, what do we expect?
The whole game stinks!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mystikal(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2009
I agree that if he had been caught for diving he would hav gotten a yellow card but just because d referee was so blind that he could not spot it, he now faces a ban.
UEFA has set itself a standard now that it will have to maintain. Will every player that dives receive a two match ban or just a yellow card? Will every game be scrutinised? Will every player that dives even be penalised? This is effectively is a new law in football but has not been implemented in the way it should have been. And let me stress that I detest diving!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2009
HNIC:

Football is just becoming ridiculous these days.
Stupid Press guys and bloggers feed fat on some stupid incidence and UEFA jumps on it.
What should eduardo have done when the penalty was awarded?
Go to the referee and tell him are u f*&king blind?
can't you see I dived.

You swine from the pits of hell, give me a yellow card for simulation !!! sad
OH., I forgot, it's the Arsenal! Isn't it
BTW
Was Cesc Fabregas not also charged by the dumb English FA for spitting at a Hull Official, sorry spitting at the feet of a Hull Official?

I see simulation in almost every single game.
Players are slightly pushed and they fall as if they were shot.
Players are carried out in stretchers and are back in a jiffy.
I wonder whether eduardo would have been charged, if Celtic had gone ahead after the Penalty
to score three goals and qualify for the CL
With idiots like Platini at the helm of affairs at UEFA, what do we expect?
The whole game stinks!!!!!!!!!!

Stop hyperventilating. . . . . . . . .Arshavin once told a referee last season that his penalty decision was incorrect.
Had Eduardo acted that way, he wouldn't have been charged for CHEATING.
Edurado shoulda done what Arshavin did(0.20 secs) in this clip.
[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGsWgbhggAU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by toosoon(m): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2009
How about the players who go down outside­ the box and get freekicks and/or players booked? Or­ those that make a meal of a touch by another player.­

Platini should revisit the law and exclude outside box incidence or i will name him a fool. Does he mean that anytime a player goes does and video­ evidence proves it was a dive, then such player should­ be banned. If that will be the case Let's see how many players would be left­ to play football.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

Stop hyperventilating. . . . . . . . .Arshavin once told a referee last season that his penalty decision was incorrect.
Had Eduardo acted that way, he wouldn't have been charged for CHEATING.
Even If eduardo had done that, he would still have been charged.
THIS IS A CONSPIRACY
Platini and his sidekicks
Let them ban Dudu
A precedent will be set
and trust there will always be an uproar in every game!!!
we are watching!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
HNIC:

Even If eduardo had done that, he would still have been charged.
THIS IS A CONSPIRACY
Platini and his sidekicks
Let them ban Dudu
A precedent will be set
and trust there will always be an uproar in every game!!!
we are watching!!!

HNIC, get some perspective. . . . .
Had Eduardo told the referee it wasn't a penalty. . . . .there is no way in hell he woulda been charged.
The referee woulda taken all the blame but Eduardo didn't act like a professional and brought the game into disrepute.

This is why Arshavin will always be everyone's favourite. . . . .Wenger wanted divers to be banned. . . .He got his wish.
End of discussion!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

HNIC, get some perspective. . . . .
Had Eduardo told the referee it wasn't a penalty. . . . .there is no way in hell he woulda been charged.
The referee woulda taken all the blame but Eduardo didn't act like a professional and brought the game into disrepute.

This is why Arshavin will always be everyone's favourite. . . . .Wenger wanted divers to be banned. . . .He got his wish.
End of discussion!!!!
Don't worry
A precedent has been set!
Every match would be scrutinised now.
No more yellow cards for simulation, its a straight 2 match ban
Let's see how many footballers will remain in business!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
HNIC:

Don't worry

If the referee sees it during a game, it's a yellow card offence.
Should he fail to see it and the matter is brought up in retrospect. . . .then it's suspension.
Football rules have always been like that. . . . . . . .I remember Kolo Toure serving a 3-match ban in 2004/5 when he elbowed Shearer's back.
The referee didn't see it then but Shearer complained and the incident was reviewed. . . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-335339/Toure-charged-Shearer-incident.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mystikal(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
HNIC:

Don't worry
Too bad CR7 is no longer in the EPL, oh its UEFA, he sure wont be able 2 resist a performance in one of those UCL games.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2009
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/eboue-won-t-dwell-on-departed-friends

Eboue won't dwell on departed friends

Emmanuel Eboue is not letting himself dwell on the departure of his two friends, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor.

The African duo left for Manchester City in the summer leaving the Ivory Coast international at Emirates Stadium. But the midfielder has accepted their transfer, improved his personal form and moved on.

"With football you can’t play in the same team all your life," said Eboue. "For me, I am very disappointed because they are my friends and they’re gone but that’s football.

The 26-year-old is now hoping Arsenal can push on with the wealth of talent the squad still boasts.

"We have Eduardo, Andrey Arshavin, Robin van Persie, Nicklas Bendtner and Theo Walcott, so I think we will try our best to do well with these players.

"Thomas Vermaelen is a very, very good defender
.Both squared up in the pic below, a few sesaons ago grin He is very, very strong and I think him and William Gallas have a good partnership."

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2009
Come on gooners this is a positive precedent.
Imagine if this rule had been used in the prem last season, Liverpool'd surely have gotten their 19th. Hope it trickles down to the domestic leagues cos i guarantee you stuff like the Spurs at OT will be done with for good.
I don't know about you guys but i think this is a landmark occurrence in world football. I hope the EPL start retrospective action on dodgy ones wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2009
An ordinary 2 match ban in matches against Liege and Olympiakos or whoever is no biggy jare.Abegi make we move on. . .

UEFA can go chop shit for all i care.Anytime the English press make their xenophobic statement against Eduardo,i can'tb ut ask if they don't feel shameful bearing in mind Gerrard's case against Athletico is still fresh in mind. . .  undecided

No Fab tommorow. . . . erm. . . i feel it's due more to Wenger wanting to make him unavailable for the Int'l break.Just my thought.
His place can still be taken by Diaby though who i feel should do a decent job.
The match ain't MAKE or MAR so i am ok with a draw,but i will gladly take all 3 points.

Gooners parasiempre
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by BinghiNya(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2009
eyoode,

how would loserpool have won the EPl. How many United's penalties were dubious. Arsenal have scored trailer loads of penalties. Do you remember a certain VP diving against Roma. That match got Roma eliminated. Arsenal won't have passed the second round if not for that dubious decision.A certain mister gallas brought down Utaka last saturday and nothing happened.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2009
WENGER: EDUARDO CHARGE `A DISGRACE`

Arsene Wenger has gone absolutely ballistic after UEFA charged Eduardo over his alleged dive against Celtic.

According to the Arsenal boss, Eduardo has been unfairly signalled out due to the power of the media and the number of influential Scots working at European football's governing body. He's also vowed to contest every single decision made by a referee in Europe from now on

The Croatia striker allegedly dived in Arsenal's Champions League qualifier against Celtic on Wednesday night. If he is found guilty, he could be banned for two Champions League games.

Several Celtic figures called for a ban, as well as SFA chief executive Gordon Smith.

Wenger said: "It I find it a complete disgrace, and not acceptable.

"In the past, cheating has happened and no action has been taken. Eduardo was touched - and we can prove that.

"A dangerous door has been opened - every decision can now be challenged.

"I tell you now - we will be challenging every decision made by a referee in the Champions League.

Wenger also claimed that Eduardo had been signalled out due to "Scottish influence" at UEFA.

"This case has been ruled by the media, and by Scotland.

"There are many Scots who work there (at UEFA) and who are influential

I hope Slimshay is reading this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
BinghiNya:

eyoode,

how would loserpool have won the EPl. How many United's penalties were dubious. Arsenal have scored trailer loads of penalties. Do you remember a certain VP diving against Roma. That match got Roma eliminated. Arsenal won't have passed the second round if not for that dubious decision.A certain mister gallas brought down Utaka last saturday and nothing happened.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Out of all the scummies, you never cease to amaze me
i am sure the rest ,cover their eyes in shame after reading your posts.
Who's the greatest diver to ever grace the EPL?Please answer

ONLY YOU still claims that Gallas held Utaka
The whole world has seen the replay except maybe u
RVP dived for the Roma penalty
ARE YOU BLIND
Rooney dived to get the penalty that HORSEFACE scored to end Arsenal's 49 unbeaten run. . . Maybe you have forgotten

UEFA is just plain daft
Like I said earlier, we all will be watching!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2009
Personally i think what the Emirates needs ASAP is history. Not just trophy but history. Going through the season unbeaten (of course if There's any coach in world football that can repeat it has to be the one who did it in the first place) would be the Gbam Emirates needs to measure up with Hibury.
And about tomorrow i dont see why we shouldn't return with 3 points unless something goes horribly wrong.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
HNIC:

ARE YOU BLIND
Rooney dived to get the penalty that HORSEFACE scored to end Arsenal's 49 unbeaten run. . . Maybe you have forgotten

I think you are the blind man here. . . . . .Watch Sol Campbell's left leg kicking at Wazza(0.35 secs).
[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ttK_ThHXc&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Did Rooney dive? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Was Campbell stupid? YES!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
kay_pumpin:

An ordinary 2 match ban in matches against Liege and Olympiakos or whoever is no biggy jare.Abegi make we move on. . .

UEFA can go chop shit for all i care.Anytime the English press make their xenophobic statement against Eduardo,i can'tb ut ask if they don't feel shameful bearing in mind Gerrard's case against Athletico is still fresh in mind. . .  undecided
@Kay
It's not Dudu missing the matches against the minnows in Europe that is a source of worry.
Its UEFA singling him out with no freaking antecedents that is plain annoying!
I can remeber the match Arsenal played last season in the CL, against Dynamo Kiev, I think
I remember Nic scored the only goal in the match
A Dynamo player was tackled by a Gunner and  was writhing in pain around the centre circle
Ref waved play on and the guy was still wriggling about like he had a seizure
As soon as the ball almost got to him by a ricochet, he 'miraculously' got up, took control of the ball and started a counter attack!
What was that
My grouse now is that a ref's decision is no longer final in a match.
Let's flip the script now a bit
Assuming Boruc had been sent off what would have happened?
Maybe the match would have been ordered to be replayed!
Rubbish!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

I think you are the blind man here. . . . . .Watch Sol Campbell's left leg kicking at Wazza(0.35 secs).
[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ttK_ThHXc&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Did Rooney dive? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was Campbell stupid? YES!!!!!!
ha ha ha
Rooney dived
The left leg didnt do anything.
Sol withdrew from the tackle.
Rooney's sins will catch up on him soon
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2009
HNIC:

ha ha ha
Rooney dived
The left leg didnt do anything.
Sol withdrew from the tackle.
Rooney's sins will catch up on him soon

Tell me a reason Sol Campbell should be sticking his leg out when he had been clearly beaten?
He impeded Wayne Rooney. . . . .The degree of impact is irrelevant. . . . .The $64,000 question is. . . .Did Campbell's leg make a contact with Wazza?
I will let u answer that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

Tell me a reason Sol Campbell should be sticking his leg out when he had been clearly beaten?
He impeded Wayne Rooney. . . . .The degree of impact is irrelevant. . . . .The $64,000 question is. . . .Did Campbell's leg make a contact with Wazza?
I will let u answer that.
Was the impact of Sol's leg(mind u, he was withdrawing from the tackle) enough for rooney to go down like he did?
No
He played for the penalty and that's cheating!
He dived!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2009
HNIC you shouldn't have validate that rubbish nyama Bingo posted with a reply. Can you imagine the buffoonery in what he said. If There's any club in world football that has profited from such dodgy practises by players . . . . . I guess we dont need to their name all we have to do is take a poll, isn't it ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by biina: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2009
Diving and all the simulation nonsense is ruining the game. Divers should bear the same risk as the people they are trying to get in trouble.
Eduardo should be suspended for a game, and I 'm hoping UEFA continues to punish retroactively divers who got away with it during the game.
Wenger is simply an hypocrite, who seems to be th only that think if eduardo dived was debatable. undecided
I guess the rest of the world is blind undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2009
Is it a given he will be banned? Methinks it might end up as inconclusive. Sept 1 will tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.