Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,832 members, 7,876,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65542 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
eldee:

It's half-time . . . watch the highlights and tell me what you think of Given
Five saves he made, each and everyone woulda changed the match.

who was that idiot defender that was giving the ball away over and over again in midfield in the last minutes? was it bridge? that guy is useless. Arsenal or any good attacking team would probably have scored on that possession.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
debosky:

If they Ban Eduardo, Gerrard will be retroactively banned for diving against Athletico Madrid in the group stage last season, as well as Ryan Babel for diving for Liverpool against us in 2008, both at Anfield.  I just sent UEFA the tapes from those games as well. tongue

Gerrard's own was a bit controversial. . . . . .Eduardo's dive was a stone-wall dive.
How he managed to con the referee remains a mystery. . . . .Boruc was so angry i saw raw steam streaming out of his nostrils.
Eduardo will never win a penalty again this season(you can bookmark that)!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2009
eldee:

They're playing well??
Crystal Palace has been the better team so far

Shay Given is a lifesaver . . . he's the best goalkeeper in the premiership.
absolutely. Although I am giving lescott the benefit of the doubt I must say he has looked quite ordinary against championship opposition.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2009
Who needs Eduardo to win penalties? RVP, AA23 and others will win enough of them even if Dudu never wins another one.

Boruc is a big fool and is lucky to have escaped a booking - when has ranting ever changed the mind of a referee?

For the record, there was CONTACT between Boruc's knee/shin and Dudu's trailing right leg. If we want to get all 'technical', there are grounds for a penalty once contact is made and no one can  watch those videos and say there was no contact even if it was minimal.

No one can prove that it was a dive - he could have lost balance, been slightly clipped by Boruc or simply carried over by his momentum. The cry babies who thought Arsenal would be in a bad position by now are simply looking for something to talk about - no negative news about Arsenal so they blow an innocuous event out of proportion.

Most commentators/TV pundits in the UK are retards.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
debosky:

If they Ban Eduardo, Gerrard will be retroactively banned for diving against Athletico Madrid in the group stage last season, as well as Ryan Babel for diving for Liverpool against us in 2008, both at Anfield.  I just sent UEFA the tapes from those games as well. tongue
u should also add RONALDIVE to that list as well. Well done fergi
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2009
Krayola2:

who was that idiot defender that was giving the ball away over and over again in midfield in the last minutes? was it bridge? that guy is useless. Arsenal or any good attacking team would probably have scored on that possession.
It's Bridge . . .

Palace is a team full of agile teenagers.
Even when they lose, they'll know they gave their best.

chic2pimp:

absolutely. Although I am giving lescott the benefit of the doubt I must say he has looked quite ordinary against championship opposition.
Ambrose and Victor Moses are just toooo fast
They'll prolly brn out in the second half
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
debosky:

For the record, there was CONTACT between Boruc's knee/shin and Dudu's trailing right leg. If we want to get all 'technical', there are grounds for a penalty once contact is made and no one can  watch those videos and say there was no contact even if it was minimal.

The leg Eduardo deliberately left so he can make the dive?
I laugh in Wollof. . . . . .That is what pissed Platini off the most.

No one can prove that it was a dive - he could have lost balance, been slightly clipped by Boruc or simply carried over by his momentum. The cry babies who thought Arsenal would be in a bad position by now are simply looking for something to talk about - no negative news about Arsenal so they blow an innocuous event out of proportion.

Even Wenger knows it was a blatant dive. . . . . . .
Cry-babies, u say?
Everyone knows Arsenal rarely start badly. . . . . .They always start superbly only to fade into oblivion when the going gets tough.

Most commentators/TV pundits in the UK are retards.

. . . . .including Arsene self-servicer. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

The leg Eduardo deliberately left so he can make the dive?
I laugh in Wollof. . . . . .That is what pissed Platini off the most.

Were you in Eduardo's head? This is nothing more than another one of your misguided imaginations. The only thing pissing Platini off is that even with his 'revamped' and 'tougher' qualification process he has failed to eliminate any of the English club sides.

Wenger knows no such thing, all he said is that he wouldn't have been upset if a penalty was not given.

Everyone knows Arsenal rarely start badly. . . . . .[b]They always start superbly [/b]only to fade into oblivion when the going gets tough.

Rubbish - losing your second game of the season is not 'starting superbly', neither is losing 5 out of your 15 and being out of the title race by November. Again, your imaginations do not match reality in any sense or form.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
The Manchester richboys have scored . . . now I have to swith to Private Practice
SWP scored a Diaby Vs Liverpool goal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

sorry to bust ya bubble but wengay did not see it. cheesy  grin
eldee:

Ambrose and Victor Moses are just toooo fast
They'll prolly brn out in the second half
yep they will burn out goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1-0 shaun wright-phillips.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2009
chic2pimp:

yep they will burn out goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1-0 shaun wright-phillips.
They almost scored another . . .

This is not a team . . . I saw Lescott tackling Barry
Come on, that's just a low.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
debosky:

Were you in Eduardo's head? This is nothing more than another one of your misguided imaginations. The only thing pissing Platini off is that even with his 'revamped' and 'tougher' qualification process he has failed to eliminate any of the English club sides.

Platini can't be bovvered about English clubs at this stage. . . . .Arsenal are seeded FFS. . . .

Wenger knows no such thing, all he said is that he wouldn't have been upset if a penalty was not given.

Wenger already said he would do everything to protect his players.
He admitted he had lied in the past to protect them so disregard Arsene self-servicer's comments.

Rubbish - losing your second game of the season is not 'starting superbly', neither is losing 5 out of your 15 and being out of the title race by November. Again, your imaginations do not match reality in any sense or form.

Compare Arsenal's start to their rivals in the league in the past 3 seasons.
Losing the 2nd game of the season means shit. . . . .It's all about the % win.
Mourinho lost his 2nd game of the season in 06/07. . . .I hope you are not getting ahead of yourself this season like 07/08. grin cheesy

Keep your erection out of sight. . . . .It might come back to bite you AGAIN. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
eldee:

They almost scored another . . .

This is not a team . . . I saw Lescott tackling Barry
Come on, that's just a low.

thats why i'm giving lescott the benefit of doubt cuz he just signed and was immediately thrown into the deep end. By the way Bayern Munich just signed ARJEN ROBBEN for a fee of between £22-24m.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

More rubbish - apart from 2007/08 where we started better than our opponents, Arsenal has been out of contention for the title by November/December since 05/06. The 'good start' theory is watery and is based on just ONE season in the past 4.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2009
debosky is back, nice.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2009
chic2pimp:

thats why i'm giving lescott the benefit of doubt cuz he just signed and was immediately thrown into the deep end. By the way Bayern Munich just signed ARJEN ROBBEN for a fee of between £22-24m.
Tevez just scored his first Man City goal . . .
Robben's a Madrid reject anywayz cheesy cheesy

~Sauron~:

Mourinho lost his 2nd game of the season in 06/07. . . .I hope you are not getting ahead of yourself this season like 07/08. grin cheesy

Keep your erection out of sight. . . . .It might come back to bite you AGAIN. tongue tongue tongue

Last three seasons was the worst start in Wenger's Arsenal history
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
debosky:

More rubbish - apart from 2007/08 where we started better than our opponents, Arsenal has been out of contention for the title by November/December since 05/06. The 'good start' theory is watery and is based on just ONE season in the past 4.

Arsenal's 1st four league games

2009/10

Arsenal(6 points out of 6)
United(6 points out of 9)

2008/9

Arsenal(9 points out of 12)
United(5 points out of 12)

2007/8

Arsenal(10 points out of 12)
----------------------------------------------------------
NOTHING has changed, Debosky!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
Crystal Palace isn't a bad outfit at all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2009

All these press.
Nothing they wont say.
Heard Sir Alex was bidding for him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2009
eldee:

Tevez just scored his first Man City goal . . .
Robben's a Madrid reject anywayz cheesy cheesy
Last three seasons was the worst start in Wenger's Arsenal history
With robben and ribery on the wings,all full backs playing bayern must be quaking in their boots. Kai I can't wait for juve vs munich. It might turn out to be the best pair of matches of the group stage.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2009
BlueDiva:

All these press.
Nothing they wont say.
Heard Sir Alex was bidding for him.

Negative!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mystikal(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2009
what is all this noise about Bayern? they might not even make it past their CL Group bet?, and if by a twist of luck they do, an English team will  knock them out in the immediate knockout stage
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2009
So four games constitutes a 'start'? RUBBISH!

Anyone knows that you need 10 GAMES before you say ANYTHING definitive.

Bring out stats comparing 10 games and we will see how the teams line up. I repeat - 2007/08 aside, we have started POORLY compared to our rivals in the league.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
chic2pimp:

With robben and ribery on the wings,all full backs playing bayern must be quaking in their boots. Kai I can't wait for juve vs munich. It might turn out to be the best pair of matches of the group stage.
This might just mean Ribery's about to go.

~Sauron~:

2009/10

2008/9

2007/8

Doctored stats . . .why didn't you give a standard number of matches all through??

Besides, you said last three seasons, why's 2009/2010 season included??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mystikal(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2009
all these folks going on about us always starting strongly and fading eventually, would you just rather we started poorly, so you can have a laugh?

Its just a couple of games, and peops r already talking about fantastic start.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
debosky:

Bring out stats comparing 10 games and we will see how the teams line up. I repeat - 2007/08 aside, we have started POORLY compared to our rivals in the league.
grin grin grin grin grin
mystikal:

what is all this noise about Bayern? they might not even make it past their CL Group bet?, and if by a twist of luck they do, an English team will  knock them out in the immediate knockout stage
with a forward line of ribery,gomez and robben,they will give many teams in europe head aches . Also have a punt of Juve. I see knocking either man united or chelsea out of europe dis season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2009
debosky:

3 games constitute a start. . . . . .Arsenal have played just 2 league games and i cannot count the number of times pundits have said they have started brilliantly. . . . .When you are 4-5 points ahead of your rivals after 3 games, it is a brilliant start.
Whether Arsenal make it count in the end is another issue open to debate.

That is tedious. . . . . .All i know is Arsenal have been better than United in the past 5 seasons bar 2006/7 season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
eldee:

This might just mean Ribery's about to go.
true dat. But I still believe i'll stay. Madrid would not fork out the amount bayern muich wants. So where else would he go? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

2009/10

2008/9

2007/8

You said 1st four league games and you quote points outta 12. undecided Terrible stats.
Since the invincible season,but for 2 seasons ago,we've always been out of contention from December/January with only mathematical chance of contention.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
Arsenal is most likely winning the premiership this season, Sauron can see it coming, and it scares the shit out of him!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
kay_pumpin:

You said 1st four league games and you quote points outta 12. undecided Terrible stats.

How many league victories make 12 points? 6 league games?
What is wrong with these GAYnners?

Since the invincible season,but for 2 seasons ago,we've always been out of contention from December/January with only mathematical chance of contention.

I disagree. . . . . August has always been a happy hunting month for Arsenal.
The only black season was 2006/7.

Krayola2:

Arsenal is most likely winning the premiership this season, Sauron can see it coming, and it scares the shit out of him!!

Liverpool and Man City will finish above Arsenal this season.
Who wants to bet?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

3 games constitute a start. . . . . .Arsenal have played just 2 league games and i cannot count the number of times pundits have said they have started brilliantly. . . . .When you are 4-5 points ahead of your rivals after 3 games, it is a brilliant start.
Whether Arsenal make it count in the end is another issue open to debate.

Of course if you go by the backdrop of how we were expected to be the victim of Citeh's profligacy and spree,how we didn't make any MAJOR purchase and only have kids,how Fab's mind is no longer at Arsenal and other negative vibes,you can't but praise the team's resolve.No team has ever been this castigated and written off pre-season like Arsenal. . . .
I think what you see as pre-ejaculation is more of surprise and consternation y even some in-house gooners like myself.

~Sauron~:

How many league victories make 12 points? 6 league games?
What is wrong with these GAYnners?

My bad . . . .blame it on the alco-co-hol. grin

I disagree. . . . . August has always been a happy hunting month for Arsenal.
The only black season was 2006/7.

Guess losing to Fulham last season made our season golden. undecided

[/quote]Liverpool and Man City will finish above Arsenal this season.Who wants to bet?[quote]
The same way Aston Villa was supposed to be fouth last season?Or Spuds during our last season at Highbury?

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.