Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,284 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:49 AM

Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. (9516 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / The End Of Hitv - Multichoice/dstv Wins Back Epl Coverage Rights In Nigeria / Chelsea In Pursuit Of Premier League Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by agitator: 11:46am On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

haha
got a prize for studying econs in the UNI grin grin

you surely know about the law of demand and supply but not how to apply it.  .  .
the active subscribers on Hitv is about 300,000. This means those subscribing monthly

there are those who pay this month and wont pay for 2 months, the category of these group gives about 250,000 and we have those who can afford to pay but are on another platform= roughly 500,000 people

in defining the potential mkts, i can safely say anybody that earns more than a 100,000 per month can afford to pay Hitv subscription per month( its just an assumption) andif we look at these sets of people, they are more than 10million in Nigeria

what does that tell you Mr FBS? that the potential demand is about 10million while the real demand is just about 400k average!!

its simple, the potential demand is there for Hitv to tap into

and when you talk of switching, you only switch when you have a close substitute with almost the same cost
is DSTV 6k? do you get the football games on DSTV?
can you use DSTV without Hitv for your viewing center biz?

the answers are NO!
DSTV is not a close substitute and even if u wanna switch, the cost is high!

so it brings you back to point zero
pay the required sum or close the biz!!

The risk of not doing well in the biz is the inability to get urself on the Hitv platform. U cant do a viewing center biz at tht cost without HITV
very simple my bro

This is how nigerian businessmen think, that's why they find it very difficult to grow.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by FBS: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2009
agitator:

This is how nigerian businessmen think, that's why they find it very difficult to grow.
Oh dear! This is a blow below the belt. cheesy
Round 1 to The Agitator. grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 11:51am On Aug 20, 2009
agitator:

would have loved to know how a foreign businessman like you think tho
but since you have nothn upstairs to contribute apart frm attacks, ill take it as a rant of a madman

nice contribution tho
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by mreds: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2009
@tkb417
why are u taking it very personal?
@tayoTFC
If ur name is studied effectively,i wud say maybe u work for TFC eatery where you wont be the one to pay for the monthly subs. fee thats y u've been supporting hitv.
@all
Dont 4get,hitv has lost Spanish La liga rights to Dstv this season,the only thing they are selling is 8EPL matches weekly,UCL(with majority delayed),2 carling cup matches,2 serie A games,europa league(dont knw if it's 100%),no world cup qualifiers, no international friendlies,no world cup etc.All this for just 6k? Na wa o.
Can an average person(i.e Area boys,conductors,students) afford 6k monthly,wat is the assurance that when they close down VCs,people will come and pay?I know they wud still av tkb417 & tayo TFC as customers,will ur money be enuf to buy rights?He who has ears,let him hear what the spirit is saying.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2009
mreds:

@tkb417
@tayoTFC
If your name is studied effectively,i wud say maybe u work for TFC eatery where you wont be the one to pay for the monthly subs. fee thats y u've been supporting hitv.
@all
Dont 4get,hitv has lost Spanish La liga rights to Dstv this season,the only thing they are selling is 8EPL matches weekly,UCL(with majority delayed),2 carling cup matches,2 serie A games,europa league(dont knw if it's 100%),no world cup qualifiers, no international friendlies,no world cup etc.All this for just 6k? Na wa o.
Can an average person(i.e Area boys,conductors,students) afford 6k monthly,wat is the assurance that when they close down VCs,people will come and pay?I know they wud still av tkb417 & tayo TFC as customers,will your money be enuf to buy rights?He who has ears,let him hear what the spirit is saying.
chief, i dont do such when people dont attack me.
when you do, i take it back

nice points!
Do you know how much DSTV charged way back and the present pricing for the different bouquets?
how were the VCs doing it years back when they were paying x3 of what Hitv is charging now?

pls enlighten me cos im slow at grabbing things grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by honeric01(m): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ait has the sole right to show the champions league in nigeria, all nigerian matches, german and french league plus u17 worldcup Dstv's got the right to la liga and some matches from epl, fa cup and carline cup, friendlies, nigerian league and seria a. What's left for hitv to show? Epl? Bad business!!!
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by temmytanny(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2009
mreds:

@tkb417
@tayoTFC
If your name is studied effectively,i wud say maybe u work for TFC eatery where you wont be the one to pay for the monthly subs. fee thats y u've been supporting hitv.
@all
Can an average person(i.e Area boys,conductors,students) afford 6k monthly,wat is the assurance that when they close down VCs,people will come and pay?I know they wud still av tkb417 & tayo TFC as customers,will your money be enuf to buy rights?He who has ears,let him hear what the spirit is saying.

its really gettin personal dats why i moved back but with ur explanation now.i just cant but to contribute.i never knew they have lost la liga.

even the UCL they want to show,they havent dedicated enoff channels for them.what happens when CHESKI,ARSENAL,MADRID, are playing on same day and i want to watch one(ARSENAL) and my wife wants to watch one(she be CHESKI FAN)?mr tkb419,am asking you oooo?

6k to me is noting but 20k to VC with out  DUAL is baba nla PURE RUBBISH[b][/b]
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2009
honeric01:

Ait has the sole right to show the champions league in nigeria, all nigerian matches, german and french league plus u17 worldcup Dstv's got the right to la liga and some matches from epl, fa cup and carline cup, friendlies, nigerian league and seria a. What's left for hitv to show? Epl? Bad business!!!
but honeric, Hitv said they are gonna show the UCL matches too

did you say german and french leagues? haha
nobody wants to see twerps play grin

the epl is the cashcow grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by temmytanny(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

chief, i dont do such when people dont attack me.
when you do, i take it back

nice points!
Do you know how much DSTV charged way back and the present pricing for the different bouquets?
how were the VCs doing it years back when they were paying x3 of what Hitv is charging now?

pls enlighten me cos im slow at grabbing things grin

they were paying cos they get value for their money(DUAL) many other friendly matches,laliga,FA cup etc even extreme and classic sports

tkb417:

but honeric, Hitv said they are gonna show the UCL matches too

did you say german and french leagues? haha
nobody wants to see twerps play grin

the epl is the cashcow grin

u dey miss BIG TIME! am sure u never watched the volfburg V koln match(where martins scored a fantastic goal) and beyern V bremen.

PLS DONT LET HITV BLIND YOU.there are lots view and enjoy outside HI RUBBISH.they remain my enemy until they stop their campaign against VC cos thats where people even jobless ones make their day.VCs drive away sorrow and make one occupied.chekena!
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2009
temmytanny:

its really gettin personal dats why i moved back but with your explanation now.i just cant but to contribute.i never knew they have lost la liga.

even the UCL they want to show,they havent dedicated enoff channels for them.what happens when CHESKI,ARSENAL,MADRID, are playing on same day and i want to watch one(ARSENAL) and my wife wants to watch one(she be CHESKI FAN)?mr tkb419,am asking you oooo?

6k to me is noting but 20k to VC with out  DUAL is baba nla PURE RUBBISH[b][/b]
@mreds
look at someone who drew back cos it was getting personal calling; hes the same person calling me tkb419
haha, Nigerians and hypocrisy

ill let it slide cos if ure not new here, u wont even dare to take a spat at me

i see a lot of laboartory retards roaming already so ill allow for some sane comments b4 i post
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by utotomi10(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2009
NONSENSE!!   angry  angry It will never work in Nigeria. Maybe in the US or UK but not in Nigeria. Anyone interested in viewing a match on Saturday. The TV will be out side my gate with atleast 100 seats ready for the public  grin  grin  grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by baron2000(m): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2009
sirwebs:

Guys football is our life o. This HiTv wan spoil am. Can't we start a petition or what?

why would anyone pay millions of pounds to buy rights for a programme and some pirates sit in thier corners and make millions of naira year-in year-out without paying any kobo to the right owners. guys we are all educated. this is pure piracy and its killing our economy and destroying the foundation of businesses. the VC and hotels should meet with the HITV mnangement and find a common ground. and pls dont compare DSTV with HITV.

DSTV got long term loan facilities in SA with very low interest rate. HITV got short term facilities in naija with high interest rate.

Besides when DSTV came they had little or no competition so they could operate freely. HITV has been very bold to come into the market to break the monopoly.

if DSTV could operate with the high cost of the football rights why ddnt they get it? why did they lose the right to Champions league? HITV has gotten it at very high cost. the wont print money to re-coup thier cost will they?

They have to break even and meet loan obligations.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT BUZZ OFF.

HITV IS A PROUDLY NIGERIAN PRODUCT JUST LIKE GLO, ZENITH BANK, GTBANK etc

U WANT  DSTV, GO TO SOUTH AFRICA shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by temmytanny(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2009
am sorry, it was slip of HAND
tkb417
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2009
baron2000:

why would anyone pay millions of pounds to buy rights for a programme and some pirates sit in thier corners and make millions of naira year-in year-out without paying any kobo to the right owners. guys we are all educated. this is pure piracy and its killing our economy and destroying the foundation of businesses. the VC and hotels should meet with the HITV mnangement and find a common ground. and pls dont compare DSTV with HITV.

DSTV got long term loan facilities in SA with very low interest rate. HITV got short term facilities in naija with high interest rate.

Besides when DSTV came they had little or no competition so they could operate freely. HITV has been very bold to come into the market to break the monopoly.

if DSTV could operate with the high cost of the football rights why ddnt they get it? why did they lose the right to Champions league? HITV has gotten it at very high cost. the wont print money to re-coup thier cost will they?

They have to break even and meet loan obligations.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT BUZZ OFF.

HITV IS A PROUDLY NIGERIAN PRODUCT JUST LIKE GLO, ZENITH BANK, GTBANK etc

U WANT DSTV, GO TO SOUTH AFRICA shocked shocked shocked
oh oh
i was thinking i was going mad for going against everybody
now i know im sane

why would Nigerians be justifying piracy? it beats me!!

thank you my learned fellow

u dey miss BIG TIME! am sure u never watched the volfburg V koln match(where martins scored a fantastic goal) and beyern V bremen.

PLS DONT LET HITV BLIND YOU.there are lots view and enjoy outside HI RUBBISH.they remain my enemy until they stop their campaign against VC cos thats where people even jobless ones make their day.VCs drive away sorrow and make one occupied.chekena!
my guy, i no dey fight u now grin
in fact u be my guy. see, what im saying is, we need to support this 9ja thing so that we can grow to compete with our foreign friends
we still have a long way to go but we'll get there

we cant be fighting Hitv for their rights! YOu have a point that the VC has helped in ameliorating the effects of unemployment but yet, that will come with a price. i do not personally think 20k per month is too high. i may be wrong tho (just my opinion)

nyways, i see it was a slip of hand grin grin
no wahala
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by FBS: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2009
Personally, I think it will be wrong to see this as a Nigerian vs SA brand.
The real deal should be which of the two providers offer value for money.

Certainly not everyone is a fan of EPL (Yes, even in Naija, sounds strange eh?  grin- Dayokanu anyone?  grin).

Don't know about you guys but I think the law of Economics will settle in moreover no one has put forward how HiTV will control the VCs.

But let there be no guessing about it- VCs (which I assume are commercial centers) are meant to pay more than a regular home user. Its the normal practise everywhere in the world.
How much? That I do not know. wink
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by temmytanny(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2009
u were right at some point but wrong at the other.

i expected HITV to call a forum(just the GSM forum organised by NCC)inviting the viewing center owners to explain things to them but not to just wake oneday and fix a fee like that.

since i told some pals about HITV moves almost 2months ago,they informed their guys who owns VCs and many came to me to verify the story and  i told them dat we should wait till EPL starts,but to my surprise,3 out of 5 have gone ahead to buy NILESAT.they said they dont want to be caught unaware.

Now tell me ,who lose? NILESAT subscription is 120k per year and i will watch any match on this planet earth and even split those matches into 4-6 views at a time.

FYI, i watched Barca V Man city, MAN U V burnley, liverpool V soke city and realmadrid V dortmond on aljazeera at the same thing yesterday even though the barca match started late after 9pm

HITV is only diggin it grave,they cant monopolise anything,trust naija guys(always find alternatives)
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by FBS: 12:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
temmytanny:

Now tell me ,who lose? NILESAT subscription is 120k per year and i will watch any match on this planet earth and even split those matches into 4-6 views at a time.

FYI, i watched Barca V Man city, MAN U V burnley, liverpool V soke city and realmadrid V dortmond on aljazeera at the same thing yesterday even though the barca match started late after 9pm

HITV is only diggin it grave,they cant monopolise anything,trust naija guys(always find alternatives)
Thank you for this.
Now questions to tkb417, thought you said the alternatives are a no-no?
PS: I'm learning here. Just curious about this whole thing.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by temmytanny(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

oh oh
i was thinking i was going mad for going against everybody
now i know im sane

why would Nigerians be justifying piracy? it beats me!!

thank you my learned fellow

my guy, i no dey fight u now grin
in fact u be my guy. see, what im saying is, we need to support this 9ja thing so that we can grow to compete with our foreign friends
we still have a long way to go but we'll get there

we cant be fighting Hitv for their rights! YOu have a point that the VC has helped in ameliorating the effects of unemployment but yet, that will come with a price. i do not personally think 20k per month is too high. i may be wrong tho (just my opinion)

nyways, i see it was a slip of hand grin grin
no wahala

u be my guy too oooo.i no dey fight you,na HITV i get grudge with.
if you read my other posts,i said i have been promoting their image everywhere even before they started showing EPL cos of the bold step TONY SHUBAIR took to break DSTV monopoly.
FYI, i cant never subscribe to DSTV cos i know they came to chop our money(just like MTN) and use to develop their country.nigeria's DSTV subscription in the highest in africa(i stand to be corrected).SA subscription in less $40 and naija own is about $70 plus.najia has the highest subscribers in african and i expect them to reduce their fee but now as am talking to you they have gone ahead to add 500naira to the 9k per month(with efect from nextmonth).this i believ was caused by HITV's increment.

and that is exactly where am having grudge  wit HITV
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by agitator: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

haha

you surely know about the law of demand and supply but not how to apply it. . .
the active subscribers on Hitv is about 300,000. This means those subscribing monthly

I know i'm a mad man, let's analyze your post as an economist

tkb417:

haha

you surely know about the law of demand and supply but not how to apply it. . .

there are those who pay this month and wont pay for 2 months, the category of these group gives about 250,000 and we have those who can afford to pay but are on another platform= roughly 500,000 people

in defining the potential mkts, i can safely say anybody that earns more than a 100,000 per month can afford to pay Hitv subscription per month( its just an assumption) andif we look at these sets of people, they are more than 10million in Nigeria

what does that tell you Mr FBS? that the potential demand is about 10million while the real demand is just about 400k average!!

its simple, the potential demand is there for Hitv to tap into

and when you talk of switching, you only switch when you have a close substitute with almost the same cost
is DSTV 6k? do you get the football games on DSTV?
can you use DSTV without Hitv for your viewing center biz?

the answers are NO!
DSTV is not a close substitute and even if u wanna switch, the cost is high!

so it brings you back to point zero
pay the required sum or close the biz!!

The risk of not doing well in the biz is the inability to get urself on the Hitv platform. U cant do a viewing center biz at tht cost without HITV
very simple my bro
1. 10Million potential subscribers
2. HiTV Subscriber 300,000
3. Active Subscribers 250,000

250,000 subscribers paying N4,500 = 1,125,000,000
5,000,000 subscribers paying 3000 =15,000,000,000
increasing to 6,000 maybe losing another 50,000. giving you 200,000 = 1,200,000,000

at no extra equipment cost. Award winning economist, it is called economies of scale
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2009
Now questions to tkb417, thought you said the alternatives are a no-no?
PS: I'm learning here. Just curious about this whole thing.

haha
he just said the thing goes for 120k

thats not a close substitute grin

Hitv is 20k grin
for real, i dont even know anything about that stuff hes talking about

temmytanny:

u be my guy too oooo.i no dey fight you,na HITV i get grudge with.
if you read my other posts,i said i have been promoting their image everywhere even before they started showing EPL cos of the bold step TONY SHUBAIR took to break DSTV monopoly.
FYI, i cant never subscribe to DSTV cos i know they came to chop our money(just like MTN) and use to develop their country.nigeria's DSTV subscription in the highest in africa(i stand to be corrected).SA subscription in less $40 and naija own is about $70 plus.najia has the highest subscribers in african and i expect them to reduce their fee but now as am talking to you they have gone ahead to add 500naira to the 9k per month(with efect from nextmonth).this i believ was caused by HITV's increment.

and that is exactly where am having grudge  wit HITV

ooh ok grin
mo tigbo

pls, can you enlighten us about te 120k platform?
how does it work? are they in Nigeria?
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2009
where is Agitators post about economies of scale? shocked shocked
what happened?

pls Moderator
tht was a good point a raised with no vile comments
abi na spambot grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by mreds: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2009
Everyone has raised good points,whether you are for hitv or against but where is the Proudly Nigerian in us?Wayback, Foreign football was not on d high in Naija,a lot of folks follow d local league,Champions league got us all excited then when we watch it on  local tv,even uefa cup and EPL use to be on MBI.Greed and Incompetence led to the dominance of paytv in Naija,These NBC Channels wud av continued airing these events but our rights was blocked when NBC decided to welcome multichoice to start buying rights on behalf of the whole of Africa for years,that was why dstv had been in dominance before the emergence of competitors,Supersport should have had their Hqtrs in Naija if not for the row btw Abacha and SA govt. after the Apartheid in SA, that act also prevented naija from defending the nations cup she won in tunisia in SA in 1996.When HITV came in,they ONLY blocked Dstv from buying rights on behalf of Nigerians,thats y dstv has platforms for Nigeria and rest of africa.We were all excited about it, i automatically became an "ardent Marketer" for Hitv (not a staff,just advising a lot of pple to get on the platform and helping out with installations  for free) but after all these,aside football,the package is poor and all we do is encourage ourselves that it wud get better instead,wat do we have, News about ban,increase,not adding new channels,poor quality, etc.Aint they suppose to be working on getting better instead of all dis?I hope they dont end up as defunct Hitv but i wont be so surprised if they end up like that all because they dont have MATURED MINDS handling the company,i jknow they have got problems with NBC(who should be supporting them but for greed on their own part).There is a lot to say and talk about jare.Let's jst watch,the truth is that, No football, No paytv wud sell in Naija(ask fstv,trendtvetc), so if u want to sell,u knw wat to do.

One of Hitv's problem is that they dont know how to relate with their customers,nothing stops them from starting a campaign that wud enlighten the VC owners and hotel owners reason(s)  y they have to pay above a private subscriber.

Nilesat(VC) - 120k/year
Hitv(VC) - 240k/year
uhm!!!
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by soloqy: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2009
@tkb417

20k per month multiplied by 12 is 240k its double the 120k per annum for Nilesat aljazera sport and with options of watching different matches at the same time.

So he knows what he is talking about
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by FBS: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

haha

Oh Yes it is-

120k NileSAT
240k- HiTV

You sure say that prize you collect na for Econs?  grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2009
mreds:

Everyone has raised good points,whether you are for hitv or against but where is the Proudly Nigerian in us?Wayback, Foreign football was not on d high in Naija,a lot of folks follow d local league,Champions league got us all excited then when we watch it on  local tv,even uefa cup and EPL use to be on MBI.Greed and Incompetence led to the dominance of paytv in Naija,These NBC Channels wud av continued airing these events but our rights was blocked when NBC decided to welcome multichoice to start buying rights on behalf of the whole of Africa for years,that was why dstv had been in dominance before the emergence of competitors,Supersport should have had their Hqtrs in Naija if not for the row btw Abacha and SA govt. after the Apartheid in SA, that act also prevented naija from defending the nations cup she won in tunisia in SA in 1996.When HITV came in,they ONLY blocked Dstv from buying rights on behalf of Nigerians,thats y dstv has platforms for Nigeria and rest of africa.We were all excited about it, i automatically became an "ardent Marketer" for Hitv (not a staff,just advising a lot of pple to get on the platform and helping out with installations  for free) but after all these,aside football,the package is poor and all we do is encourage ourselves that it wud get better instead,wat do we have, News about ban,increase,not adding new channels,poor quality, etc.Aint they suppose to be working on getting better instead of all dis?I hope they dont end up as defunct Hitv but i wont be so surprised if they end up like that all because they dont have MATURED MINDS handling the company,i jknow they have got problems with NBC(who should be supporting them but for greed on their own part).There is a lot to say and talk about jare.Let's jst watch,the truth is that, No football, No paytv wud sell in Naija(ask fstv,trendtvetc), so if u want to sell,u knw wat to do.

One of Hitv's problem is that they dont know how to relate with their customers,nothing stops them from starting a campaign that wud enlighten the VC owners and hotel owners reason(s)  y they have to pay above a private subscriber.
Nilesat(VC) - 120k/year
Hitv(VC) - 240k/year
uhm!!!
nice points mred

soloqy
im not disputing the aljazeera thing. just wanted some bits on hw it works

Oh Yes it is-

120k NileSAT
240k- HiTV

You sure say that prize you collect na for Econs?

hahaha
dont they pay subscription for the al jazeera thing?
or am i stupid?
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by kaypumpin2(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
I want to see how HITV will enforce this not in the sophisticated VCs in VI,Ikeja et al BUT in those viewing centres in Mushin,Isale-Eko,Agege,Bariga and other dilapidated shanks termed VC that doesn't have more than 20 viewing customers. . . . .  undecided

I see it more as avenue for Nigerian Police to exploit rather than for HITV to increase patronage and up profits as enforcing this is gargatuan and nearly impossible.

No be this naija?I want to see HITV perfect what FG and SGs can't do.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by FBS: 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2009
@kay_pumpin; Thank you and I want tkb417 to answer it. grin

@tkb417: I assume the 120k is the SF paid, no?
A far and better alternative or don't you think so? wink

All in all what we are saying is this, HiTV cannot just wake up one morning and say oya start paying 20k.
It's their product but certainly they need customers. FACT!
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by soloqy: 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2009
@all, you will get to realise that the football craze is just needless, really.
Dont kill yourself to watch a football match.

Thats why we have greedy individuals(wolves in sheep clothing) coming to hoodwink ppl with promises of cheap alternatives just to turn around and become monsters.

Refrain from subscribing and force their hands. You wont die for not watching EPL. They will realise it soon enough and revert to N4,500 subscription.

Besides, if they dont take time, they will lose that which they think they have from next year(EPL)
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2009
FBS:

@kay_pumpin; Thank you and I want tkb417 to answer it. grin

@tkb417: I assume the 120k is the SF paid, no?
A far and better alternative or don't you think so? wink

All in all what we are saying is this, HiTV cannot just wake up one morning and say oya start paying 20k.
It's their product but certainly they need customers. FACT!
so 120k is all you'll pay
thts great!

never heared of that b4 but i know there are some funny stations out there

as per the enforcement of the ban, i have said it here that, this will provide an avenue for the Policemen to start extorting VCs
I heared when you pay the 20k, u'll be given a signage tht will show somthing like "authorized VC"
so the signage should ordinarily be wht the Policemen will be looking out for and if they dont see it, na to extort
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by temmytanny(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

haha

Hitv is 20k grin
for real, i dont even know anything about that stuff hes talking about
ooh ok grin
mo tigbo

pls, can you enlighten us about te 120k platform?
how does it work? are they in Nigeria?

@tkb417
there is no thing special about it.its the initial capital of about 230K(including subscription,dish,decoders etc)that is driving people away.but many maybe forced to get it now if HITV goes ahead with it plans.

aljazeera it self is about 65K(not very sure) and there is another one under NILESAT called showtime sports(they show all EPL,FA,carling and some UCL matches).their is 60k.under NILESAT u would also have MBC 1,2,3,dubai sports and other arabian channels that show one major soccer match or the other.

they only have agents in nigeria,no office .you only need to buy their smart card,call them in saudi arabia or dubai for activation(their subscription is 365days,or not monthly)
the dish size would determine the number of channels u would get(some over 400)
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by temmytanny(m): 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2009
120k is yearly subscription but total initial capital is 230k but if u have decoders before,u would spend less
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by kaypumpin2(m): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

so 120k is all you'll pay
thts great!

never heared of that b4 but i know there are some funny stations out there

Now you know,so what's next?

as per the enforcement of the ban, i have said it here that, this will provide an avenue for the Policemen to start extorting VCs
I heared when you pay the 20k, u'll be given a signage tht will show somthing like "authorized VC"
so the signage should ordinarily be wht the Policemen will be looking out for and if they dont see it, na to extort
Why do i have a feeling you are not looking at this exhaustively,panoramically and only making your judgement based on assumption that Nigeria is orderly.

Imagine a VC that is aljazeera-ed and all of a sudden besieged by policemen,how on earth does the owner explain to the police what the difference(s) is/are between aljazeera and Hitv,having in mind that these policemen are not trained to know their right from their left. . . . .isn't this avenue for chaos?

What happened again when policemen(or whatever enforcer that is used) decide to take law into their hands,seize like 5 decoders in a day and the decoders are eventually bailed out,wouldn't it be business as usual after such bail out and whose loss is that,HITV?

What happens to HITV when VCs decide to switch to Al-jazeera?You think any ecomomics postulation can save them then?

I am sure this whole decision is not well planned out.It IMPOSSILE  to actualize it in Lagos,never mind the whole of Nigeria.

BTW,Lets visit one of the VCs when my team visits OT and lets have a bet with our cars  cool  grin i am sure you can make do with my 1979 jalopy  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 23rd January 2022 / Wolves Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 23rd May 2021 / Arsenal Vs Sevilla UCL (2 - 0) On 8th November 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.