Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,491 members, 7,947,960 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. (9673 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / The End Of Hitv - Multichoice/dstv Wins Back Epl Coverage Rights In Nigeria / Chelsea In Pursuit Of Premier League Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Now you know,so what's next?
Why do i have a feeling you are not looking at this exhaustively,panoramically and only making your judgement based on assumption that Nigeria is orderly.

Imagine a VC that is aljazeera-ed and all of a sudden besieged by policemen,how on earth does the owner explain to the police what the difference(s) is/are between aljazeera and Hitv,having in mind that these policemen are not trained to know their right from their left. . . . .isn't this avenue for chaos?

What happened again when policemen(or whatever enforcer that is used) decide to take law into their hands,seize like 5 decoders in a day and the decoders are eventually bailed out,wouldn't it be business as usual after such bail out and whose loss is that,HITV?

What happens to HITV when VCs decide to switch to Al-jazeera?You think any ecomomics postulation can save them then?

I am sure this whole decision is not well planned out.It IMPOSSILE  to actualize it in Lagos,never mind the whole of Nigeria.

BTW,Lets visit one of the VCs when my team visits OT and lets have a bet with our cars  cool  grin i am sure you can make do with my 1979 jalopy  tongue
the dude said its about 230k not 120k but the subsequent yearly thingy is 120k
i dunno hw many people can cough out 230k at a time

yeah, i understand your concerns about the men in black haranguing the VCs
but i dont think they are daft to arrest someone who doesnt use Hitv.  .   .if tht happens, then whoever is in that position shld knw what to do

bet with my car?
say wetin happen?
haha. i no dey do grin grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Suntemi(m): 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2009
20k per month. Hmm? I can't help but to feel really sorry for those involved. How would they cope? we all know the problem of PHCN. We all can't work in companies, even we have to, where is the job? I don't know, some nonsense human being will just wake up one day and feels they want to enforce a particular law and our stupid government I'm sorry to use that word will support them.

Even if they have to increase the stuff cos of the fact that this viewing center owner are making money through them, they need' be considarate. 10k is ok.

For all of ya that thinks what HiTV does is ok, try looking the world from our view
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2009
sun_temi:

20k per month. Hmm? I can't help but to feel really sorry for those involved. How would they cope? we all know the problem of PHCN. We all can't work in companies, even we have to, where is the job? I don't know, some nonsense human being will just wake up one day and feels they want to enforce a particular law and our stupid government I'm sorry to use that word will support them.

Even if they have to increase the stuff cos of the fact that this viewing center owner are making money through them, they need' be considarate. 10k is ok.

For all of ya that thinks what HiTV does is ok, try looking the world from our view
have you ever asked urself if what ure doing is right or wrong?
have you ever tot of it tht what ure doing is illegal?

have you?
so see it from their own angle too

did you say someone is enforcing a law?
hehehe
u dont understand these things, when u do, then come back
all they are asking for you to do is to pay more b4 you beam their product to others if u wanna make money from it
they are not promulgating any law. just abide by the directive;;
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by DisGuy: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2009
sun_temi:

law are supposed to be enforced aren't they?
even if they had announced 10k people will still complain
wetin concern hitv with phcn?
you sign an agreement with the company not phcn

I'm just wondering, if VC owners increase their ticket by say 20-40naira, will customers run away?
Afterall when the price of crude oil goes up airlines increase their fares
Just adjust your pricing and explain to your customers in a positive way
you never know they money might be used to buy more content plus you
get a chance to complain as a group if you all pay your fees
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tmoni(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417, men na wa ooo bros,

u be my fellow Manc but this ur campaign pass the one wey Obasanjo do for first term ooo

Plain fact is 20k/ month is too much for VC is to be profitable.

End off,
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2009
Tmoni:

tkb417, men na wa ooo bros,

u be my fellow Manc but this your campaign pass the one wey Obasanjo do for first term ooo

Plain fact is 20k/ month is too much for VC is to be profitable.
End off,
see this man
did they tell you hw much they are making per month abi u get VC for Aberdeen? lol

its simple, every biz owner shld be able to adapt to the harsh economic conditions. na to change ur biz model o
if ur cost is 20k (fixed) per month and you have a VC capable of sitting 20, why not scale up to to sit 40 and increase the gate fee also?
abeg, VCs shld learn to adapt abi una no dey buy fuel when den increase pump price of fuel?
hehehe

i no dey do campaign but i get interest in this thread cos the platform in question na my baby in one way or the other i cant disclose here
hehehe
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by soloqy: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

i no dey do campaign but i get interest in this thread cos the platform in question na my baby in one way or the other i cant disclose here
hehehe

Didnt I just know it?

For the survival of HITV, you had better pass on the message. 6k for subscription on top nothing but football, is not worth it. For individual/normal viewers, the subscription shouldnt be more than N4, 500.

The arrogance and pride will only lead to a had i known afterwards.

This is Nigeria and find alternatives or way to beat the hitv system, people must.

Have stopped paying for my hitv and moved the card somewhere in my drawer and now watching DSTV. So have a number of my friends.

Check the hitv thread and see all those that we started that thread with since Hitv rolled out. They have all switched to dstv.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by agitator: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2009
@tbk417

what i was saying was that, you gave an estimate of potential viewers around 10 million,
and presently you have 300,000 subscribers with 50,000 not paying regularly.

i was suggesting why not think of how to make more people subscribe to and watch HiTV

Previously 250,000 subscribers at 4,500 = 1,125,000,000/Month
if you can get 5,000,000 of the then million at 3,000 = 15,000,000,000
Meanwhile this increase may reduce your subscriber base, let say by 50,000 leaving = 1,200,000,000

remember that when GSM services started very few people owned handsets, but when the price dropped more people and some even bought more than one set and line.

increasing the subscriber base doesn't mean increased cost, it's still the same equipment. Abi?
I know say you be dealer that's why you dey fight seriously because of your commission cool
but know that more subscribers more income
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tmoni(m): 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2009
ok tkb417,

was it u who packaged the finance & all money matters?

well, just advice them that they shld try and improve on the model that forecasts 20k / month as the breakeven / profit level,

is GTbank on their heels now??
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Suntemi(m): 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417, U' like I should come when I understand right? Guy, I havn't gotten a Viewing Center, so it not like I'm trying to defend myself. See the problem I have with people like u is that " U don't reason deep. I mean U don't think very well. The other guy was like if the cash is 10k people will still complain right? Thats true but it wouldn't be like when it 20k ok?
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Suntemi(m): 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

hehehe

Sorry I didn't notice this before, now I know y u' in support.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2009
Tmoni:

ok tkb417,

was it u who packaged the finance & all money matters?

well, just advice them that they shld try and improve on the model that forecasts 20k / month as the breakeven / profit level,

is GTbank on their heels now??
ure smart grin
hehehehe u knw hw to read in between lines
im sure some are already thinking na my papa get Hitv and i be director.

agitator:

@tbk417

what i was saying was that, you gave an estimate of potential viewers around 10 million,
and presently you have 300,000 subscribers with 50,000 not paying regularly.

i was suggesting why not think of how to make more people subscribe to and watch HiTV

Previously 250,000 subscribers at 4,500 = 1,125,000,000/Month
if you can get 5,000,000 of the then million at 3,000 = 15,000,000,000
Meanwhile this increase may reduce your subscriber base, let say by 50,000 leaving = 1,200,000,000

remember that when GSM services started very few people owned handsets, but when the price dropped more people and some even bought more than one set and line.

increasing the subscriber base doesn't mean increased cost, it's still the same equipment. Abi?
I know say you be dealer that's why you dey fight seriously because of your commission cool
but know that more subscribers more income
hehehehe
i like ur analysis but would have prefered the other one that had the economies of scale thing

im not a distributor oooo
very very far from it
i dont have any direct or indirect relationship with Hitv as i type so just relax

i agree 100% with ur post tho

sun_temi:

tkb417, U' like I should come when I understand right? Guy, I havn't gotten a Viewing Center, so it not like I'm trying to defend myself. See the problem I have with people like u is that " U don't reason deep. I mean U don't think very well. The other guy was like if the cash is 10k people will still complain right? Thats true but it wouldn't be like when it 20k ok?

ok sir!!
i dont think very well. i agree 100%
haha

albert einstein
hehehe
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Suntemi(m): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2009
Iwo lo mo. grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2009
sun_temi
my pally
we no fit fight lailai grin grin
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Suntemi(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2009
Fight ke? People no dey fight again. Na money everybody dey find. Anyway, I dey sorry sha if I don already talk badly to yo!. 0ne Luv MAN!!! cheesy
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tmoni(m): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2009
which one be all the "Bromance" wey shele for here

HiTV, please reduce this fees, let awon boys watch game and continue betting on first throw-in,
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by ndelta1(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2009
C Nigeria Again, Hi TV High Probs,
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tudor6(f): 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2009
tkb417:

sun_temi
my pally
we no fit fight lailai grin grin
As usual you're busy spewing ignorance while being totally inconsiderate this time. . . Tell me, do you think everyone works in a bank like you and can afford 20k or 6k a month?
Bank workers are such greedy cunts!!
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by donaremu(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2009
@all,

How can this dude say this: GUYS, to be sincere  we can not compare DSTV with HiTV, HITV is better and affordable

What is his definition of sincere? and why can't we compare HiTV with DSTV? Why? What is his definition of affordable?

I guess you dey work for HiTV right, 
  grin

Because they enforce a rule in UK does not mean we should enforce same rule. UK is different from Nigeria my brother.
Again, please understand that HiTV is offering a service and if subscribers are not satisfied, they have alright to complaint.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by vikiviko(m): 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2009
I hope its works but there are so many viewing centers in suburb areas like Bariga, Ajengunle, Obalende, Ipaja, even in other states , how would curb this new devil.

Police and other law enforcement agencies will have a field day.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by temmytanny(m): 7:43am On Aug 21, 2009
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5446717-146/HiTV,_customers_at_war_over_new.csp

like i said before,HITV is digging its grave.i love them so much before but now them be my enemy and i will stop my subscription as from next month.i will start visiting viewing center that use NILESAT to view EPL,UCL etc.
i just pray they dont win the next EPL right in november.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by FBS: 8:12am On Aug 21, 2009
Tmoni:

which one be all the "Bromance" wey shele for here

HiTV, please reduce this fees, let awon boys watch game and continue betting on first throw-in,
grin grin grin
Funny. . .that one.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tmoni(m): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2009
@Tudor, i dnt think you should have made that jab

everyone is entitled to their opinion here and you have not been part of this conversation

only for u to come and insult someone, when he was pallying up with anoda person with a different opinion

not cool dude, way not cool,
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by mreds: 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2009
I dont think Hitv will be showing the serie A this season,Serie A starts 2moro and there is nothing about it even on their site,instead of them increasing their channels,they have been practising Substitution.
HITV vs. Customers (live from e/metta west)
Score:
Friendly match (Not Tournament-where they can only susbtitute 3)
Substitution so far:
OUT IN REASON(S)
CNN SKY NEWS They Couldnt renew rights with CNN
FOXSPORTS SETANTA AFRICA Foxsports dont av enuf prog for africa
MTVBASE TRACE TV
HI LIFE HI MOVIES Watch more American movies
CNBC BLOOMBERG
HI NOVELLA
KOKO TV
LTV TVC Ltv, happy to join dstv
LOVEWORLD ACBN

How many more substitutions are they allowed to make?Keep ur fingers crossed.
Let me ask you all a question?

WHAT PROGRAM ARE U ALWAYS LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING ON HITV?
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tudor6(f): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
Tmoni:

@Tudor, i dnt think you should have made that jab

everyone is entitled to their opinion here and you have not been part of this conversation

only for u to come and insult someone, when he was pallying up with anoda person with a different opinion

not cool dude, way not cool,
It's not cool when people don't mind their own business. . . .from what i posted it should be obvious to you i've got a history with the dude.
Try and chill abeg.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by mreds: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2009
oo, the message didnt align well enuf.
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tmoni(m): 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2009
ok, Tudor,
apologies for that,

with the way HiTV are going, only their staff would be their customers and

the staff would have theit decoders enforced on them
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by twinstaiye(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
If HITV are now claiming copyright of that nature, that is too extreme. The consumers on the other hand can also claim their rights too. Truth is, it is high time the consumer parliament is introduced to that sector just like it is being done by Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on all the gsm companies and private telephone operators where consumers are allow to air their views. Candidly speaking, all the DTH in Nigeria are cheating the consumers. We all know there is power supply problem throughout the federations, and yet they keep charging us per month. The federal government should encouraged them to introduced pay as u watch. The consumers should begin to find a way to revolt and enforce this right too. Enough is enough. Imagine this, while you are in office working, your subscription is running, is that not a rip off? If hitv are going to the extreme to interprete copyrights, it is high time consumers go to extremes to interprete subscriptions and services. Haba!!!
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2009
Tudór:

As usual you're busy spewing ignorance while being totally inconsiderate this time. . . Tell me, do you think everyone works in a bank like you and can afford 20k or 6k a month?
Bank workers are such greedy cunts!!
in the posse of the retards, u'll be a king kong or the crown prince. grin

1) You didnt go to school cos if you did, you'll know how to use the word ignorance

Ignorant of what? are you eternally spastic in nature?
the arguments have been about why the VCs should be mandated to switch to 20k from 6k and not if individuals can afford to pay 6k

2) u have shown crass stupidity in calling me a banker
in your village, someone who works in GS, Rencap, Vetiva, ARM are bank workers

This is not the religion section where stupidity reins supreme, if u dont have anything to contribute Bleep abeg
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tudor6(f): 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2009
Yes. . . .i was waiting for you to come out and display your nascent stupidity and yet again you do not disappoint me.
tkb417:

in the posse of the retards, u'll be a king kong or the crown prince.

have you looked in a mirror lately?

1) You didnt go to school cos if you did, you'll know how to use the owrd ignorance
Ignorant of what? are you eternally spastic in nature?
Isn't it bloody obvious?
My goodness, must i now point out your ignorance for you to see. . . .shior!
the arguments have been about why the VCs should be mandated to switch to 20k from 6k and not if individuals can afford to pay 6k

Shut up you lying retard!!
People were complaining of hitv hiking their fee to 6k despite poor service and the resident slowpoke in the house decides to castigate them. .

2) u have shown crass stupidity in calling me a banker
in your village, someone who works in GS, Rencap, Vetiva, ARM are bank workers

SHUT UP!
I only assumed you were a banker coz most banks have a habit of hiring imbeciles. . . .thats why 5 of them are distressed now.
This is not the religion section where stupidity reins supreme, if u dont have anything to contribute Bleep abeg
what a load of crap!
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by tkb417(m): 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2009
Shut up you lying retard!!
People were complaining of hitv hiking their fee to 6k despite poor service and the resident slowpoke in the house decides to castigate them. .
and u want me to argue with you shocked
u cannot read and understand a 5 page thread?

if common sense is sold in kobo, u'll be a billionaire in pesewa!!!
ure eternally a confirmed doofus so i dont need to exchange words with u

its obvious u want some attention and tkb wont afford u tht luxury
go meet your crew in hell

SHUT UP!
I only assumed you were a banker coz most banks have a habit of hiring imbeciles. . . .thats why 5 of them are distressed now.
and yet another applesauce

dude go figure!!
the only bonga with the imbecilc traits is you.

go play somewhere im busy
not ma type
Re: Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. by Tudor6(f): 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2009
tkb417:

and u want me to argue with you shocked
u cannot read and understand a 5 page thread?

if common sense is sold in kobo, u'll be a billionaire in pesewa!!!
ure eternally a confirmed doofus so i dont need to exchange words with u

its obvious u want some attention and tkb wont afford u tht luxury
go meet your crew in hell
and yet another applesauce

dude go figure!!
the only bonga with the imbecilc traits is you.

go play somewhere im busy
not ma type

Did you make any sense?? cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bournemouth Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 20th May 2023 / Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4 - 2) On 5th May 2024 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 12th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.