Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,252 members, 7,910,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? (15873 Views)

Yoruba music of Non-Nigerian origin. / Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:31am On Sep 04, 2009
Haba una never tie shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 5:36am On Sep 04, 2009
Please, help me pose the question to the dogcunt-sucking faceless shitbrain who followed my post and came back here to moan. So I can't express myself again?? She told me to stop pretending to be the "lily white" person I claim to be. I'm only trying to humour the amoeba toadmongrel who for all I know might be a sub-specie extra-terrestial and I'm just wasting time on her wasted ass.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2009
some naijas and their broken english.

araoko ti wo thread.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by davidif: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2009
HOW THE HECK DID THIS THREAD GROW SOOOOOOO QUICK? MY LAST POST WAS ON THE SECOND PAGE, AND I CHECK IN LESS THAN AN HOUR LATER AND WE ARE ON THE FIFTH PAGE!!!  shocked shocked shocked

look, we can argue this all day.

There are whites and there are whites.

By your own admission blacks are a minority. So calculate the number of whites who are into hiphop and compare it with the general average. Even a tiny percentage of whites who like hiphop would still make a dent in hiphop/rap sales reports anyway, since they're a majority.

However, that doesnt mean most whites like hiphop- just a certain demographic.

Btw, Hispanics are also into hiphop, so crunch the numbers.

tpia,
that is the funniest sentence i have ever read grin grin, what off "there are blacks and there are blacks" ha ah ahaha grin chai, nigerians ehn.

By the way back to what i said, even adults and parents listen to rap music not only teenagers. Just walk across my campus or go to a club and guess what the white kids are bumping and grinding or listening to? (guess: it aint rock music) Go to your local college campus you would know what i am talking about or any concert and you would see what i am talking about. Oh i forgot you are in New Zealand so there is no way that you can ever get to find out, in the mean time you can keep telling us about American musical culture even if you don't even live there.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 5:48am On Sep 04, 2009
Hmm'n, look who's calling who araoko?? Bitchtoad, please. You're the fakeass wannabe deceiving herself that she's all that, when for all we know you could be a housegoat sneaking into your owner's room to type shit from your toilet brain. Of course I took time to dig up the origin of this your jealous and blind beef, and posted it here, just as you took the time to post my "broken english" post. You are SO FAKE. Are you white, black or Martian? Please verify cos as far as I'm concerned you're not better than a toad-bitch spawn and certainly, not better than me. Alaileko lori, your slavemaster didn't train you well before freeing you to roam with normal humans.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 04, 2009
Ok, tpia and meadan, otito na
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 04, 2009
davidif:

HOW THE HECK DID THIS THREAD GROW SOOOOOOO QUICK? MY LAST POST WAS ON THE SECOND PAGE, AND I CHECK IN LESS THAN AN HOUR LATER WE ARE ON THE FIFTH PAGE!!!  shocked shocked shocked

na so nairaland dey spicy.

tpia,
that is the funniest sentence i have ever read grin grin, what off "there are blacks and there are blacks" ha ah ahaha grin chai, nigerians ehn.

By the way back to what i said, even adults and parents listen to rap music not only teenagers. Just walk across my campus or go to a club and guess what the white kids are bumping and grinding or listening to? (guess: it aint rock music) Go to your local college campus you would know what i am talking about or any concert and you would see what i am talking about. Oh i forgot you are in New Zealand so there is no way that you can ever get to find out, in the mean time you can keep telling us about American musical culture even if you don't even live there.  

its not about where anyone lives, since there are foreigners who can know more about a country than its own citizens.

We see that all the time with nigeria and other african countries.

likewise you'd be surprised at how some Brits can analyze the US down to a T.

as i pointed out before, it all depends on location.

if whites have replaced blacks as the primary hiphop audience in your area, then good for you.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 04, 2009
FL Gators:

Ok, tpia and meadan, otito na

right now its all about comic relief.

i'm just waiting to read more bush english from the madman i mean madean.

the girl is desperately searching for men. Doyin has offered himself but maybe he needs to bleach his skin and get a perm before she'll look at him.

and after her wildly desperate thesis about all goodlooking Africans automatically being nigerians on the other thread too.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 5:54am On Sep 04, 2009
Pleease oh people, listen to this tilapia fish flapping her 78 year old gums, who's giving comic relief? Australian mongoose, who told you you can analyse American culture issues from your wildlife outback?? I said it, you are a mere sub-specie. What do you even represent, since you're taking pains to comment on my "bush" english? Madam white wannabe, I'm begging to know your roots.

Lol, if anyone is desperate for men, it's you. Some guy posts an innocent comment you automatically force him into a toaster. Ewu meee. If I have any leftovers I will beg them to even look at you. But sorry, I might be hooking them up with an amoeba bitchtoad and in that case, they would happily decline. Elenu obo.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 04, 2009
"subspecie"

somebody dey knack bush grammer for here.

you sound like your medication ran out.

meanwhile, is anything she posted here relevant to the thread?

No.

daughter of a bitch mother. wink
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 6:01am On Sep 04, 2009
Hmm'n, fishbrain tilapia, sorry if I have to keep thinking up names to call you. But in case your unschooled brain is confused, sub-specie is the word - and it exists, shit-for-brains.

If I had a face to work with, I'm sure I could figure out if you're a toad or a mongrel bitch. You keep going on and on about men and saying I'm seeking attention. Hmm'n, who asked doyin13 if I was his crush or his gf?? Where the heck did that come from? Hmm'n, I have to dig deeper and find a certain thread to match this sudden epiphany I have that your jealousy spans even farther than I first imagined.  . . .

And now you're asking people if anything I posted is relevant? Pot calling kettle black!! Your pathetic side comments to others in a bid to save face is soo FAKE.

Please, where are you from? Or should I be checking Wolverine Origins to find your bitchslut history>>
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 04, 2009
jeez, can this thread ever get back on track or can someone help this bitch madwoman who is so desperately starved for attention.

where are all the stunningly handsome naija men? make una toast am now.

if na halle berry or beyonce una go slow like this?
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 6:05am On Sep 04, 2009
Madam sane, please answer my question, and I would probably leave you alone. I'm dying to know where you get the nerve to call me bush naija woman etc. Unless you have nothing to prove you're actually what you pretend to be. FAKESTER.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 04, 2009
where do i get the nerve to call her bush naija woman.

lol.

prozac to go.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 6:09am On Sep 04, 2009
Still trying to change the subject.

Please, WHO ARE YOU OOOO? WHERE ARE YOU FROM

And will all the Naija, NL and even Martian men please come and put this loser out of her misery. I'm sure she doesn't know what a real man looks like cos noone has spoken to her in all her 78 years of life, since she seems to have men on the brain and keeps forcing them on me. Help tongue.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 04, 2009
maedan:

Still trying to change the subject.

Please, WHO ARE YOU OOOO? WHERE ARE YOU FROM

And will all the Naija, NL and even Martian men please come and put this loser out of her misery. I'm sure she doesn't know what a real man looks like cos noone has spoken to her in all her 78 years of life, since she seems to have men on the brain and keeps forcing them on me. Help tongue.

who am I?

a tilapia fish, as you can see from the name.

I come from the place where snakes like you run from mongooses like me.

need more explanations?

i dont need to force men on you since by your own admission you spend most of your time hunting for them cheesy
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 6:16am On Sep 04, 2009
F.O.O.L.

U are a FAKE. Stop posing on NL like you're one better person. Wannabe for life. Rotten tilapia, u're just a piece of shit and that you'll remain till you can prove you're not an amoeba with fingers, which you use to type your fake-ass Americana crap. A non-American spewing about American culture like she was born there or has satellite access to their homes. FAKEY FAKEY.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 04, 2009
this wigger matter pain your belle sha.

why not go and post more rhymes on the valentine love thread.

cant get me off your mind can you.

but if you want to check the dating section, there's plenty of love for you there, since you swing like that.

too bad for doyin though never say never.

good to get all the vile bile out of your system anyway. Now you can make an attempt at being normal, though that horse has long fled the barn I'm afraid. Snake venom is self replenishing.

mad 'un. grin
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 6:27am On Sep 04, 2009
Fake madam, how na; it's funny you should ask about the naija love rhymes thread (fake ass, calling it valentine love thread. Why don't you drop the act, you Mushin born, bred and rubbished toad??)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=232650.msg4479194#msg4479194

For your fakeass viewing pleasure, tilapia. I wrote it just for you wink.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by dayokanu(m): 8:11am On Sep 04, 2009
Ok e don do.

Oya go on break.

I think music thats appreciated are those that bring out the beauties of your culture. I like Nigga Raw and That Akanchawa woman though I dont understand a word of their music.

People of other cultures would be curious about the song that brings out your individuality. How odd would it sound to see a Chinese rapper.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by ikeyman00(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2009
hmmm this tea sweey 2day ooo

i wonder ooo grin
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2009
Put down your weapons, Tpia and Maedan
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2009
the mad 'un left the thread?

wonder wonder. cheesy

I thought she had nothing else to do and so would end her days here.

Joblessness + schizophrenia = madwoman I mean madan.

Gay 'un sef.

with the wack lines that look like they were composed by a gorilla. cheesy
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2009
Tpia, you are a disgrace. What's all this fake mad 'un crap? Still pretending to be a westernised Americana-know-it-all? Do you really want to start this again today? I doubt it, for your sake.

Look who's calling who mad. Can't leave well alone when reasonable people have appealed for reason. FAKE TOADBITCH, WHO ARE YOU SEF?? A NOBODY. A foolish wannabe one at that. You've gone to sleep off your schizophrenia and have come back to spew ur idiocy. Fake loser.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2009
na wigger drive you mad like this? grin

I see your bitch mama gave you a double share of your bitch family inheritance cheesy

have you started foaming at the mouth yet or e remain small?

some naijas would so love to be white sha. I dont blame you- white is light, not so?
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2009
Tilapia, same old same old crap. You went to rest and came back with this?? Still Fake, still a loser. "mad 'un, gay 'un" crap, who talks like that?? Yeah, only a fakeass bitchtoadslut raised and messed up in Mushin, coming to hide behind an NL avatar to attack better human beings.

P.S., I still don't know if you're human or a flotsam dug up from the ocean? Amoebic fish. You named yourself well. Daughter of a slut dogmother.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by africhika(f): 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2009
Quote from Aloy Emeka: P square and co do not make cultural music. Because they are igbo doesn't make their music igbo. Same applies to Fela and Lagbaja. You people will not cease to amaze me. We can also conclude that Kanu and Okocha played igbo football and not football. Taye Taiwo and Mutiu Adepoju also played Yoruba football and not football.

Again, stop comparing P square with Sunny ade. They do not belong in the same class at all at least for now. Until these new musicians stand a test of time, then I will agree they are serious.   

GBAM!
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by africhika(f): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
    Quote from Ezeagu:    « #48 on: Today at 12:17:31 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You people think Africhika is keeping it real?   

Quote from: africhika on Yesterday at 03:33:43 AM
german girl posted this song on her blog and i can't stop listening to it!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8YkkGqC88 

Show us the blog, you fake.   grin

Who are you? You must be another current nairaland user.

grin grin grin grin  grin no, i'm new to this site.  wink

@ oyinda, ur absolutely right.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2009
Someone should please help me laugh at this[b] tilapia[/b] joker. "Some naijas would love to be white? White is light??" Whoa, who's the fake pretender trying to talk white all day with her boring "gay 'un, fake 'un, mad 'un" crap. Is that how your frog-headed father taught you how to talk? Indigene of Mushin Central pretending to be well travelled, well spoken and exposed. WHO ARE YOU KIDDING  FOOL, everyone can see through you faceless fake life.

Once a fish, always a fish. Why don't you swim back to that shit-infested bog you crawled out from? Bitchtoadslut.
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2009
^^ someone is on fake prozac. Ya medication clearly no reach.

Whats wrong with Mushin? No be people dey there?

must everyone be bitch scum like you?

bush animal. cheesy
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by maedan(f): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2009
Please, where is the fake-talking whitetrash-wannabe?? I'd like to hear more of your oyibo lingo. FAKE 'UN!!!!!

In fact, I do believe the term "wigga" fits you to a "T":

Definition:

black Mushin-based bitchtoad pretending to be white by using fake oyibo English she crammed from watching too many cheap Americana movies. Apparently, that's where she gets all the facts she came here to spew. Thank God for the good Samaritan that bought a TV for you to watch, so that you can come here and deceive people you're so cool. FAKE 'UN!!!!
Re: Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2009
white people dey Mushin?

ode cheesy

daughter of a bitch

bush thing

wigger maniac

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba / Ukwuani People, This Is For You / This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.