Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,141 members, 7,916,342 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313950 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by abes(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2010
guys, the txt just enter my phone o, d way my heart is vibrating now ehnn i no fit shout, pls wish me gudluck 2morow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2010
abes:

guys, the txt just enter my phone o, d way my heart is vibrating now ehnn i no fit shout, pls wish me gudluck 2morow
jtx3001:

SCOBBY & UHONMORA - d TEXT has come o! Ges u guys pports shld also hav arrivd 2,so chek online,& evn if its nt statd,come 2 d place around 10am jst 2 confirm.In d interim,lets START PRAYIN,so GODS FAVOUR WILL ALSO MAKE US TESTIFY 2 HIS GOODNESS & MERCIES IN JESUS NAME - AMEN!

Guys I will be at the collection center tomorrow!!!! though I have not gotten the txt. Na success we go see oooo IJN. It is well In Jesus Name!!!! Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Abes, when did you submit ur application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by abes(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2010
scobyy2007:

@Abes, when did you submit your application?

10th Aug
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2010
Hello people,

I collected my entry clearance this afternoon in Abuja after I received an SMS yesterday morning. Glory be to the most high God. My profound gratitude goes to all the contributors to this thread. Special mention must be made of Justwise and AKS who responded promptly to the questions I posted here when I was putting my application together. God bless you all.

For the benefit of all those yet to submit their applications, I list all the materials I used to get my entry clearance below:

1. Form VAF9
2. PBS Appendix 8 (self assessment)
3. My father’s fixed deposit account certificate and a letter from his bank confirming he has an FD with them.
4. A letter from my father confirming our relationship and his consent for me to use his funds for my studies in the UK.
5. My birth certificate
6. My academic transcripts addressed to the BHC (this was what I used to get my admission). BTW, I took only about three days to get the transcripts from my school. UP UNIZIK!
7. WAEC certificate
8. A printout of my CAS from my email.

If my memory is still functional, I think these are the documents I submitted. I provided only the materials I was asked to provide- no more, no less! I did not include irrelevant stuff like resume, NYSC discharge certificate e.t.c to make my application look bulky and “serious”. I did not even include the receipt for the prepayment I made to my school for accommodation because I have not yet received it and I stated this is the space for “additional information”. Besides, there is more than enough money in my dad’s account to cover all my accommodation and tuition fees.

Finally, I ask all of us who have gotten our visas not to abandon this thread. Let’s emulate people like Justwise (whom I assume is already in the UK) and drop by from time to time to share our personal experiences to those seeking advice and guidance. BTW, I will be going to the University of Birmingham for my Masters. Any other UB-bound students here? I wish everybody yet to apply and those who are awaiting the outcome of their application the very best of luck. God bless us all. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2010
Congratulations Jikajika. Please how many days did your application spent before you finally got an sms alert?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2010
@jikajika, congratulation!!!! God will crown academic pursuit with outstanding success!!! For the waiters, God is on the throne. All I see is victory galore!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2010
Congratulations to all those that have gotten their entry clearance, the list is so long that I can not start to mention names. It is important that we continue to share our experiences on this thread so that others can also gain from us. For all those still waiting, my prayer is that, God that has done our's will also do your's in Jesus Mighty name, Amen!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2010
congrats to u all, wish u sucess at uni of birmingham
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2010
fali:

Congratulations Jikajika. Please how many days did your application spent before you finally got an sms alert?

I submitted my application on the 9th of august and got the sms alert to come pick my processed application on the 1st of september. It took about 22 days (including weekends). I wish you the best in your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gulag: 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2010
jikajika

Your fixed deposit letter how was it written? I also submitted a fixed deposit certificate and a letter but my letter only wrote the term of deposit and did not include explicitly that the money had been there for so so and so date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2010
congrats Real and Jikajika, we shal also come to shout Halleluya and Alhamudulahi here in d name of JESUS. Amen.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 7:04am On Sep 03, 2010
@ jtx3001 and abes, watchout 4 me at the VAC, IKEJA. I'll be wearing a yellow top and a blue jean. just call d code name 'scobyy2007'. if u guys dnt mind ni ooo, i wish u guys victory!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 9:22am On Sep 03, 2010
I sent a mail to Abuja last night and got a reply this morning!!!!!

Dear Sir,

Please check with the application centre on Monday as your application has been fully processed and sent back today.

Regards,

Visa Customer Care Unit- Abuja | International Group | UK Border Agency
Tel: +234 (0)9 462 3300 or FTN: 8495 3286 Fax: +234 (0)9 462 3278 E-mail: Abuja.Visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk
British High Commission, Dangote House, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria

URL: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk and www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Securing our Border, Controlling Migration
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by teeewai(m): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2010
@all

hi guys, i applied on the 24th of august !!  and i just got the sms on my phone for pick up, its just eight days and i'm damn suprised!!!!!!!!!!!  lol but i'll be picking up on monday as i'm out of town today, please wish me well people, !!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2010
jikajika:

Hello people,

I collected my entry clearance this afternoon in Abuja after I received an SMS yesterday morning. Glory be to the most high God. My profound gratitude goes to all the contributors to this thread. Special mention must be made of Justwise and AKS who responded promptly to the questions I posted here when I was putting my application together. God bless you all.

For the benefit of all those yet to submit their applications, I list all the materials I used to get my entry clearance below:

1. Form VAF9
2. PBS Appendix 8 (self assessment)
3. My father’s fixed deposit account certificate and a letter from his bank confirming he has an FD with them.
4. A letter from my father confirming our relationship and his consent for me to use his funds for my studies in the UK.
5. My birth certificate
6. My academic transcripts addressed to the BHC (this was what I used to get my admission). BTW, I took only about three days to get the transcripts from my school. UP UNIZIK!
7. WAEC certificate
8. A printout of my CAS from my email.

If my memory is still functional, I think these are the documents I submitted. I provided only the materials I was asked to provide- no more, no less! I did not include irrelevant stuff like resume, NYSC discharge certificate e.t.c to make my application look bulky and “serious”. I did not even include the receipt for the prepayment I made to my school for accommodation because I have not yet received it and I stated this is the space for “additional information”. Besides, there is more than enough money in my dad’s account to cover all my accommodation and tuition fees.

Finally, I ask all of us who have gotten our visas not to abandon this thread. Let’s emulate people like Justwise (whom I assume is already in the UK) and drop by from time to time to share our personal experiences to those seeking advice and guidance. BTW, I will be going to the University of Birmingham for my Masters. Any other UB-bound students here? I wish everybody yet to apply and those who are awaiting the outcome of their application the very best of luck. God bless us all. Thanks.

Guy, am so happy happy for you. Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2010
scobyy2007:

Dear Sir,

Please check with the application centre on Monday as your application has been fully processed and sent back today.

Regards,

Tel: +234 (0)9 462 3300 or FTN: 8495 3286 Fax: +234 (0)9 462 3278 E-mail: Abuja.Visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk
British High Commission, Dangote House, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria

scobyy2007:

Dear Sir,

Regards,

i can't wait to hear from you, i do believe it'll be positive. I like your personality and gesture. take kia bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2010
teeewai:

@all

hi guys, i applied on the 24th of august !!  and i just got the sms on my phone for pick up, its just eight days and i'm damn suprised!!!!!!!!!!!  lol but i'll be picking up on monday as i'm out of town today, please wish me well people, !!!!!!
So fast, we'll pray along with you. it's well, waiting to hear the good news. To all others waiting for the outcome of their application, try to take it easy & remain +ve in your thought and
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2010
teeewai:

@all

Did u use an agent? urs seem to be the fastest
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 10:31am On Sep 03, 2010
@AKS, Thank you. I will bring you the good news, IJN. @ jtx3001 and abes make una no vex oooo I couldn't make it to the VAC again reasons

1. My sister made a nice barcelos breakfast this morning, mehn, I had to wait, lol

2. I checked my mail I got a response to check on monday.

3. you guys didnt reply my blog, so felt may be you needed privacy as I respect that.

Best of success, we shall see VICTORY upon VICTORY on this thread. Femtopsy [/b]was refused earlier and he stood strong.
[b]Femtopsy
said sometin when he was abt to open his package, "If dey refuse me I go apply again, but God forbid" that is a brave heart. I respect you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2010
grin as for me, i'm waiting patiently but believing God for his own decision. there'll be public holiday i hear next thursday and friday maybe. that may bring additional 2 days of waiting.

like femtopsy talk me, if they refuse, or not i'm already planning a holiday to the US with my family,before i re-apply. my own course is only on septembers, there has to always be a plan B. cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2010
1st & FOREMOST,ALL THANKS, GLORY, HONOUR, MAJESTY, PRAISE & THANKSGIVING b given unto d LORD, 4 HE has kept HIS PROMISES 2 me,& i intend keepin mine 2 HIM also! I WAS GIVEN MY VISA 2day o - no agent, no extra fees, JUST GOD,& HIM i'l alwaz WORSHIP & ADORE!

I'l b an ingrate if i dnt give Respect & Honour 2 dos due - JUSTWISE; U set d tone in all dis, UMO77,FEMTOPSY,SCOBBY(we go stil pop champagne on ur own o!),AKS - D LISTS ENDLESS(mk una no vex if i no cal una o-na JOY)! Thank U guys 4 evrytin,cos witout GOD & U guys,non wil b posible! May d GOOD LORD continue 2 GUIDE, BLESS & PROTECT US ALL ALONG WIT OUR FAMILIES in JESUS Name - AMEN!

I dey Bank abeg,mk i use my acct small - LOL! Wil surely get bk 2 u guys wen hom! Once again, THANK U EVRYBODY,& 2 dos stil waitin (SCOBBY,na u i dey wait 4 now o!), tk HEART dat d LONGER d wait,d beta d result-NO WAHALA!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2010
1st & FOREMOST,ALL THANKS, GLORY, HONOUR, MAJESTY, PRAISE & THANKSGIVING b given unto d LORD, 4 HE has kept HIS PROMISES 2 me,& i intend keepin mine 2 HIM also! I WAS GIVEN MY VISA 2day o - no agent, no extra fees, JUST GOD,& HIM i'l alwaz WORSHIP & ADORE!

I'l b an ingrate if i dnt give Respect & Honour 2 dos due - JUSTWISE; U set d tone in all dis, UMO77,FEMTOPSY,SCOBBY(we go stil pop champagne on ur own o!),AKS - D LISTS ENDLESS(mk una no vex if i no cal una o-na JOY)! Thank U guys 4 evrytin,cos witout GOD & U guys,non wil b posible! May d GOOD LORD continue 2 GUIDE, BLESS & PROTECT US ALL ALONG WIT OUR FAMILIES in JESUS Name - AMEN!

I dey Bank abeg,mk i use my acct small - LOL! Wil surely get bk 2 u guys wen hom! Once again, THANK U EVRYBODY,& 2 dos stil waitin (SCOBBY,na u i dey wait 4 now o!), tk HEART dat d LONGER d wait,d beta d result-NO WAHALA!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2010
jtx3001:

I'l b an ingrate if i dnt give Respect & Honour 2 dos due - JUSTWISE; U set d tone in all dis, UMO77,FEMTOPSY,SCOBBY(we go stil pop champagne on your own o!),AKS - D LISTS ENDLESS(mk una no vex if i no cal una o-na JOY)! Thank U guys 4 evrytin,cos witout GOD & U guys,non wil b posible! May d GOOD LORD continue 2 GUIDE, BLESS & PROTECT US ALL ALONG WIT OUR FAMILIES in JESUS Name - AMEN!

@jtx3001, I thank God for you o, it is well lol abeg before you finish your money for bank, make you pay for your ticket oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2010
umo77:

grin as for me, i'm waiting patiently but believing God for his own decision. there'll be public holiday i hear next thursday and friday maybe. that may bring additional 2 days of waiting.

like femtopsy talk me, if they refuse, or not i'm already planning a holiday to the US with my family,before i re-apply. my own course is only on septembers, there has to always be a plan B. cool

umo77 be an optimist and not a pessimist. its only God that sees the end before the end. I be positive to say, It is well with you!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2010
Congratulations to all who've recently gotten their visas. All the best in your studies abroad, and never forget Home.

@all
I was at Vfs Oregun this morning but was told that my application had not yet been returned. I'll be checking again on monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tboyjnr(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2010
Just got my visa today after 20 working days,
Can't remember it being this nerve racking 5-6 years ago,
Good luck with your studies for those going this September, and be good Ambassadors,
I suggest emailing the Commission directly if you are waiting,   

Thanks to everyone that have been helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2010
tboyjnr. cngrats, na God!!! am glad again 2 get good news 4rm dis thread! it is well IJN 4 we the waiters!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2010
M BAK HOME O, and i stil cnt bliv wt GOD has done 4 me! M ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO HIM, especialy wen i remember d fact that sum1 once told me i wldnt b able 2 get a VISA witout d help / services of any AGENT. WELL, ERE I AM 2DAY, AND I AM UK BOUND WITHOUT EVER VISITING ANY AGENCY - and m thankin JUSTWISE, UMO77, FEMTOPSY, SCOBBY(guy, m stil waitin 4 dat news o - e too sure! No wori urself!),AKS - D WHOLE TEAM (cos dats wt WE R)! U ALL too out time 2 explain d little details 2 me, not mindin my persistent repeated questions (especialy JUSTWISE - GOS BLESS U O!), and offerin hope wen i was in despair!

To assist evry1, ere is a list o'd docs i submitted:

1. CERTIFICATE
2. VERIFICATION OF RESULT
3. NECO RESULT
4. GTB PERSONAL BANK STATEMENT
5. FIRST BANK BANK STATEMENT (My Mum's) along wit a REFERENCE LETTER FROM THE BANK (to prove SOURCE o'FUNDS)
6. SPONSOR LETTER
7. BIRTH CERTIFICATE

U dont have 2 apply d way i did, but i'l ALWAYS suggest dis option, as den dey'l not have any reason 2 question ur RESULTS and the SOURCE of ur funds! Best tin is to do wateva makes u sleep beta at nite - u wana jst apply wit the relevant docs, ok; bt if u wana put ur mind at ease beyond any reasonable doubt, den show the source o'ur docs and funds.

Once again, wana thank EVRY1 4 deir help and input, and i assur u i'l ALWAZ direct evn my enemies ere 4 candid, truthful and concise advice. GOD WILL SURELY B DER 4 ALL OF US IN JESUS NAME - AMEN!

P.S: UMO77, i no try? Almost a month on LOW FUNDS, cos i no wan TAMPER with INVESTIGATED MONEYS! Anywaz, wana book my flight now sef - is ARIK OK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2010
@Jtex3001

You are one funny guy!

Glad you finally got your visa.

Congratulations!!

For those of us who are still awaiting, we'll testify here too by the grace of God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2010
uhonmora, hw i 4 do now! Cnt stress myself now, cos GOD is makin me smile! No wori, u will defnitely LAFF like me NEXT WEEK, and by dat time we go dey exchange nos wey we go use dey control ourselves 4 yonder! Minwyl, THANKS 4 EVRY 2 O, GOD DEY OUR SIDE ALWAZ!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2010
gulag:

jikajika

Your fixed deposit letter how was it written? I also submitted a fixed deposit certificate and a letter but my letter only wrote the term of deposit and did not include explicitly that the money had been there for so so and so date

I dont think there is any particular format for writing the FD letter. Different banks may have their own way of doing it. Perhaps you have forgotten, but i am quite sure that the date the money was deposited in your bank and the date of maturity was stated in the FD certificate. If for example the money was deposited on the 4th of june 2010 to mature sometime in december 2010, and you submitted your application on the 1st of august 2010, it should be clear  enough to the BHC that the money has been in the account for even much more than the 28 days they require. And you know you rarely make withdrawals from a FD account else you lose the interest. What matters is that they confirm that you have a FD account with them and the relevant account infomation. Below is a layout of how the letter from my dads bank was presented.

The bank letter headed paper (including their logo and contact info)

3rd August, 2010

The UK Border Agency
British High Commision
Dangote House
Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Maitama District
Abuja

Dear Sir

Re: CONFIRMATION LETTER- MY FATHERS NAME

At the instance of the above named individual in respect of financial support required for his son MY NAME to pursue an MSc programme in Development Economics at the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, we write to inform you that he maitains a fixed deposit account (ACCOUNT NUMBER) with a current balance of , and a tenor of 180 days and due for maturity on the 15-09-2010, with our bank.

Please note that this information is given in strict confidence without any liability on the part of the bank or any of its officials.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully

bla bla bla

Hope I gave a helpful answer to your question. I wish you a most favourable outcome in your application. Bye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.