Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,821 members, 7,945,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:38 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (82454 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 5:15am On Feb 24, 2010
H2O2:

So imagine chimp2shrimp has the audacity to nigrify kobe like this. who else but the greats have the temerity to pull off that stunt of licking their own chops? you know why? it's because they can. they are just that darn good. they transcend the game and make their peers look like kindergarteners. The LePuppy you're slurping is just learning to take baby steps. If you were 1/100th as good as they are you would do worse. It's the same pride and cockiness that is exuded by the likes of Michael Jordan that allows them to punch their own teammates and talk down on their peers. Just because they can and they're that damned good. So next time you see a great like Mr. Bryant step foot on the court to make music . . . simply appreciate it while it lasts. Pure talents and raw skills like that don't come around often.
Chei see me see trouble ooo grin
Did my post really deserve this lenghty reply shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Abi you be one of those Kobe Groupie? undecided wink

flo_path:

grin Chic2pimp so it's lebron that is not self absorbed? What about all those LBJ MVP shirts he was wearing around?
I never said that Lebron was not self absorbed nau grin
Although Kobe own's reach anoda level cheesy.

chiogo:

^ And who are the better people? lipsrsealed

Taa, keep nibbling on Kobe's butt. Chic2shrimp, carry on jare. tongue
Hehehe grin grin. You forgot to add Butt hole grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 5:46am On Feb 25, 2010
who dat kobe? cool cool cool cool cool go mavs! cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 8:34am On Feb 25, 2010
Lolz! Who dat say dem gonna beat Los Mavs? Who Dat?
Dirk and Jason Terry where beasts not forgetting Jason Kidd with 13 assists! There are nights you just wish he could play for ever and Tough Juice was ill and couldn't play! 5 straight wins now hopefully we can unseat the Thuggets they remain the only threat other than L.A
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 9:13am On Feb 25, 2010
Josh Howard what a wasteman! Thank goodness we traded you! It looks like dude is out for the season

I have to shoutout Deshawn Stevenson for disrupting ma man Kobe's flow and being on his a/ss like black maybe he could be useful for other stuff besides tattoos
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2010
A-40:

Lolz! Who dat say dem gonna beat Los Mavs? Who Dat?
Dirk and Jason Terry where beasts not forgetting Jason Kidd with 13 assists! There are nights you just wish he could play for ever and Tough Juice was ill and couldn't play! 5 straight wins now hopefully we can unseat the Thuggets they remain the only threat other than L.A

i know right, J-Kidd sometimes can perform pure magic smiley smiley

as for J-HO, tough luck
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

i know right, J-Kidd sometimes can perform pure magic smiley smiley

yeah like once in every ten games.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2010
Lol take it easy fellas, its only 1 game.
But one must really commend Cuban, in comparison to the recent slush of senseless trades, this particular one was very very good. See hustle and some defensive grit in Dallas all of a sudden . . . lol, and without Caron Butler too. Very good win for them.

Cavs vs. Celtics tonite. Pierce is out again. They should just shut him down for at least 2 weeks. All this patch jobs of half ankle, half knee, half thumb is not working at all. In other news, the Big Z just bought out his contract with Washington and is subsequently headed back to Cleveland . . . men, the Cavs are their own greatest opponent here east.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Bawo
I am sure you where in the jungles in Central America with no access to modern civilization on Friday when Jason Kidd taught Jameer Nelson a thing or two on PG play don't worry Derrick Rose is next

To be honest i don't know too many peeps in their late 30's playing as good as he has in this league! I was his biggest critic last season! thus far he has shut me up too many times

@Jesoul
Its really crazy J i couldn't believe i was watching Dallas i kept asking myself how Deshawn Stevenson was able to cope with Kobe and Brendan Haywood with five blocks!! Its looking like we finally have a decent Center i can only hope its not initial gra-gra but the Thuggets would be another test. If only Drew Gooden would buyout his deal and return to the Mavs i ain't comfortable with that Najera at all at all

Na wa for your Celts oh from K.G last season to Paul Pierce this time around! Sometimes you just feel maybe y'all gave it all you had in 08 and their bodies cannot play at that championship level without breaking down! Remember that year you went 4-3 against ATL 4-3 against Cleveland 4-2 against Detroit compared to Lakers's 4-0 against the Thuggets and 4-1 against both the Jazz and Spurs. I don't think your boys have recovered from that gut-burstin effort

Lol Mike Brown is in trouble i wonder how he is going to mix and match that front court but if there is one thing thats going to work in his favor its that foul trouble won't be an issue at all! Hickson could step in for Jamison and Varejao and Big Z could come in for Shaq. They are really looking good
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
A-40:

@Bawo
I am sure you where in the jungles in Central America with no access to modern civilization on Friday when Jason Kidd taught Jameer Nelson a thing or two on PG play don't worry Derrick Rose is next

we are talking about point guards and you are bringing up jameer nelson?
please d.rose's name should only be brought up among chris paul and deron williams. 

respect greatness.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2010
bawomolo:

yeah like once in every ten games.

boy plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! if ur derrick rose can achieve half of what J-kidd has done, u guys will worship him
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 10:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
JeSoul:

Lol take it easy fellas, its only 1 game.
But one must really commend Cuban, in comparison to the recent slush of senseless trades, this particular one was very very good. See hustle and some defensive grit in Dallas all of a sudden . . . lol, and without Caron Butler too. Very good win for them.

the trade move was awesome and we really dodged a bullet with josh howard. i wish we still had gooden though

A-40:

@Bawo

To be honest i don't know too many peeps in their late 30's playing as good as he has in this league! I was his biggest critic last season! thus far he has shut me up too many times

@Jesoul
Its really crazy J i couldn't believe i was watching Dallas i kept asking myself how Deshawn Stevenson was able to cope with Kobe and Brendan Haywood with five blocks!! Its looking like we finally have a decent Center i can only hope its not initial gra-gra but the Thuggets would be another test. If only Drew Gooden would buyout his deal and return to the Mavs i ain't comfortable with that Najera at all at all

Na wa for your Celts oh from K.G last season to Paul Pierce this time around! Sometimes you just feel maybe y'all gave it all you had in 08 and their bodies cannot play at that championship level without breaking down! Remember that year you went 4-3 against ATL 4-3 against Cleveland 4-2 against Detroit compared to Lakers's 4-0 against the Thuggets and 4-1 against both the Jazz and Spurs. I don't think your boys have recovered from that gut-burstin effort

Lol Mike Brown is in trouble i wonder how he is going to mix and match that front court but if there is one thing thats going to work in his favor its that foul trouble won't be an issue at all! Hickson could step in for Jamison and Varejao and Big Z could come in for Shaq. They are really looking good

dont mind bawomolo, he is just kidding himself. as for that Najera fellow, i am not yet sure were he learned his B-ball, the guy is wack no offense. if all he provides is fouls and unthoughtful plays, i will pass, seriously!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:02am On Feb 26, 2010
bawomolo:

please d.rose's name should only be brought up among chris paul and deron williams. 

respect greatness.

Bawo say no to Drugs!! How can you even compare D.Rose to the CP3's, Jason Kidd's, Steve Nash and Deron Williams? You should be comparing him with Jameer Nelson and Rajon Rondo abeg! Mscheww una no dey even get respect for elders sha

na2day?:

the trade move was awesome and we really dodged a bullet with josh howard. i wish we still had gooden though

dont mind bawomolo, he is just kidding himself. as for that Najera fellow, i am not yet sure were he learned his B-ball, the guy is wack no offense. if all he provides is fouls and unthoughtful plays, i will pass, seriously!
Najera was just bought to clear some cap space nothing else. He puts the A in Average!! I heard we got Von Wafer on a 10 day contract but he has a back complaint so its 50-50 he should help us with scoring from the bench as Jason Terry is practically a starter as far as am concerned cos he plays so many minutes! Someone also needs to slap some sense into Rod Beaubois and J.J Barea. . Barea especially! one minute he is playing like the Puerto Rican CP3 and the next he is looking like a D-League player one of them need to prove they can consistently replace Jason Kidd as he would not play forever
Maybe we could lure Dallas Native Chris Bosh to Los Mavs but i dunno where he would fit to be honest
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 6:41am On Feb 26, 2010
Bawo say no to Drugs!! How can you even compare D.Rose to the CP3's, Jason Kidd's, Steve Nash and Deron Williams? You should be comparing him with Jameer Nelson and Rajon Rondo abeg! Mscheww una no dey even get respect for elders sha

sharrap, a player who makes the all star team in his 2nd season deserves any praise he gets.

speaking of busts, hasheem thabeet has just been sent to the d-league.   when would teams learn about the trap of a project big man? the bulls drafting noah and taj gibson seem like bad picks but at least we know what we got instead of betting on potential.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 6:51am On Feb 26, 2010
wow, celtics got owned! shocked shocked shocked no wonder i have not seen JeSoul and Chiogo, they both still be in the state of shock grin grin grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
Ol boy no be small matter oh i would have called it statutory ra.pe but the Celts are a bit too old for that. Gone are the days when you would need to take some Prozac or Phensic before heading to the TD Banknorth Garden, it used to be a fortress

@Bawo
What is your dopeboy's number? I need him to supply me that premium ish you have been sniffing!! You guys don't have any PG's in the East abi isn't that why a washed up A.I was voted starter? If D.Rose was in the West he would not sniff an all-star game till Kidd and Nash retire in the least!

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Tony Parker
Chauncey Billups

Pls tell me the juju Derrick Rose would use to break into the West All star team?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 6:17pm On Feb 26, 2010
na2day?:

wow, celtics got owned! shocked shocked shocked no wonder i have not seen JeSoul and Chiogo, they both still be in the state of shock grin grin grin
State of shock ke? It's nothing new. grin grin grin
JeSoul renounced her Celtics-ship, remember? Well, I might join her if they behave like dodoyos next game tongue

I swear they're getting too old for my liking. And what the hell happened to Robinson? Even dunk no agree am. Rubbish!! And I just found out he's now with the Celtics. angry All these yeye trades are no good.

You Mavericks tried sha beating the Lakers the other day. Believe me I was happy for y'all. But that is no reason for all this noise you and A-40 are making all over the place. Abi, isn't play-offs the important part again? cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2010
^^^^^^ Typical of you Fair Weather fans *Shakes his head in pity*

When the going gets tough, then You know who the true fans are tongue

bawomolo:

respect greatness.

I laff in Ijebu Hausa grin grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2010
chiogo:

JeSoul renounced her Celtics-ship, remember? Well, I might join her if they behave like dodoyos next game tongue
Lol, au contraire sister girl.

I didn't renounce them because of their recent struggles, but because of a bone-headed move from management angry

Shoot. If I remained a Celtic fan through an 18-game losing streak 3 yrs ago, this recent patch of struggles is nothing jor. With all of those making mouth, Celtics are STILL the #1 team in the NBA in opp ppg. They're among the top in other major categories. They have barely had their entire roster the entire season and you knuckleheads are taunting about them losing games to obviously better teams? lol. Wonders shall never end.

Mav's fans, you fellas should not develop too much swagger just yet. JKidd is a HOFer no doubt. I know he made a few EC finals during his NJ days (I think) so he has some solid deep playoff runs under his belt BUT hmmm . . . I reserve my comments. When playoffs start we go see.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2010

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Tony Parker
Chauncey Billups

Pls tell me the juju Derrick Rose would use to break into the West All star team?

jason kidd, tony parker and chauncey billups are not that much better than derrick rose. only chris paul and deron williams are better.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 1:20am On Feb 27, 2010
chiogo:

I swear they're getting too old for my liking. And what the hell happened to Robinson? Even dunk no agree am. Rubbish!! And I just found out he's now with the Celtics. angry All these yeye trades are no good.

You Mavericks tried sha beating the Lakers the other day. Believe me I was happy for y'all. But that is no reason for all this noise you and A-40 are making all over the place. Abi, isn't play-offs the important part again? cool

fair weather fan! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

bawomolo:

jason kidd, tony parker and chauncey billups are not that much better than derrick rose. only chris paul and deron williams are better.

even if J-Kidd is using a walking stick and playing ball, he will still be better than ur Rose
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 2:58am On Feb 27, 2010
JeSoul:

Lol, au contraire sister girl.

I didn't renounce them because of their recent struggles, but because of a bone-headed move from management angry
I know why you renounced them. That was just telling Na2day that you're not in a 'state of shock'. cheesy

na2day?:

fair weather fan! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Oh shattap to you and Chic2shrimp. You and I know it's Celtics all day!! Obviously that was a joke. Humor gone wrong. SMH. grin tongue

My anger isn't even that they lost. There's a time when a team loses with 'class' but yeah, still a loss. But you as a fan won't be mad at them because they finished well. The Celtics just do NOT know how to finish most of the time. Like, did they really have to lose to the Cavs last night? HELL NO!! Fine, they lost but they got OWNED literally after leading by so many points. UNACCEPTABLE.

But I'll keep them in my prayers. sad
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 3:05am On Feb 27, 2010
i will not say anything bcuz mavs are playing like crap tonight embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 3:36am On Feb 27, 2010
^Looks like you guys are about to snag this one. OT - who knew the Mavs were this tough. grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 3:43am On Feb 27, 2010
chiogo:

^Looks like you guys are about to snag this one. OT - who knew the Mavs were this tough.  grin

they aren't. it's all regular season shakara.

even if J-Kidd is using a walking stick and playing ball, he will still be better than your Rose

rose already has a much better shot, all that's left is the court vision.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 3:47am On Feb 27, 2010
chiogo:

^Looks like you guys are about to snag this one. OT - who knew the Mavs were this tough. grin

i am beyond myself, this calls for a bottle of XXXXXXXXX grin grin cool cool

bawomolo:

rose already has a much better shot, all that's left is the court vision.

i see what u are smoking is really having a terrible effect on u lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by doyin13(m): 3:55am On Feb 27, 2010
Arowolo. . . .wetin dey happen for United Centre.

Do you think the Bulls can hang with the blazers?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:02am On Feb 27, 2010
doyin13:

Arowolo. . . .wetin dey happen for United Centre.

Do you think the Bulls can hang with the blazers?

oh we can but man that brandon roy kid can ball. the blazer have a lot of athletes. I envision derrick rose taking the game over late  cool

na2day?:

i see what u are smoking is really having a terrible effect on u  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't root for aging point guards  cool.
dirk nowitzki isn't playing these days.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 4:15am On Feb 27, 2010
Chi Chi wetin nah? grin
Make we no speak the truth again abi? tongue
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 4:28am On Feb 27, 2010
bawomolo:

oh we can but man that brandon roy kid can ball. the blazer have a lot of athletes. I envision derrick rose taking the game over late  cool

I don't root for aging point guards  cool.
dirk nowitzki isn't playing these days.

is sum1 speaking?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 4:29am On Feb 27, 2010
bawomolo:

grin grin grin I know they're not. But that was good considering it was the hawks not the Wizards or something.  cheesy

chic2pimp:

Chi Chi wetin nah? grin
Make we no speak the truth again abi? tongue
Keep speaking your 'truth' oo.
If I was a fair weather fan, I woulda disowned the Celtics a LONG time ago since the '08 Championship.  tongue
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 4:36am On Feb 27, 2010
chiogo:

If I was a fair weather fan, I woulda disowned the Celtics a LONG time ago since the '08 Championship.  tongue
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting the above statement tongue

What should the like of Bawo whose team hasn't won a title in over 10 year or better still the likes of Na2day whose team hasn't won the title since Jesus Christ first ascended on earth shocked grin do ehn? undecided
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 4:41am On Feb 27, 2010
chic2pimp:

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting the above statement tongue

What should the like of Bawo whose team hasn't won a title in over 10 year or better still the likes of Na2day whose team hasn't won the title since Jesus Christ first ascended on earth shocked grin do ehn? undecided
grin grin grin grin grin

The key-word in my post being 'IF'. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101) (Reply)

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria / Victor Moses Gets Married To Long Time Partner In Private Ceremony / Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.