Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,165 members, 7,887,397 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:16 AM

Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs (26258 Views)

Buhari Averts Diplomatic Row With Turkey Over Extradition Requests – Mr. Onyeama / FFK Slams Geoffrey Onyeama Over London Bridge Attack / Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 8:32am On Nov 04, 2016
EternalTruths:

So never you oppose Biafra without seeking for a Referendum on ethnic levels to know if they want to sex Nigeria or not cool

The leaders of each region in Nigeria has accepted Nigeria, if the leaders of a region seek for referendum am sure they will be granted

So IPOB supporters should first seek to represent the people before people and the world we take them seriously

2 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2016
93xtr09r:

You shall continue to wail in perpetuity at the mere thought of NK, IPOB or Biaf..
Am not the one wailing.. . IPOB supporters are.. Everyday u called Nigeria a zoo.. u use zoo money.. . U pray to have more zoo money.. u use products manufactured in a zoo..

When next u are asked ur nationality if u say Nigeria in an official documents may u never know peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Oxenomy: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

U are making sense yes..

But did Ojukwu consult the people of the eastern region before Biafra was declared??

And did nnamdi Kalu ask for permission from the eastern region before claiming to lead Biafra?
Can't you read where the minister said in the OP that a mandate was given to him? .. Why do you always like burying your head in the sand? Spits on your head angry

10 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Kingsley1000(m): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2016
THIS BIAFRAN ISSUE DON TIRE ME
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by PFRB: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2016
ceaz4r:
One thing I'm glad about in this post is that Onyeama's statement, especially in his capacity as the Foreign Affairs Minister,has Vindicated Ojukwu on Biafra. This will now let the ignorant ones know that Ojukwu was given a mandate to declare Biafra independence and was not acting unilaterally. This is for those (including my Igbo brothers) that have been saying Ojukwu deceived Igbos. He declared Bafra independence alone.

As for the topic on discussion, I have nothing to say. The end shall justify the means.

Thank You so much my brother. Thank you very very much.

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 8:51am On Nov 04, 2016
Oxenomy:
Can't you read where the minister said in the OP that a mandate was given to him? .. Why do you always like burying your head in the sand? Spits on your head angry
Mandate was given to who? ?

By who??
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by davidif: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2016
sarrki:

Mandate for  declaration of Biafra
A lot of the present agitators were not born between 1967 and 1970. War is the worst thing you can ever have. A war was fought here and it was something we never want to see again. Let us follow a constitutional mechanism, if that is what the people want, let them give a mandate through a democratic process. It doesn’t serve any purpose to result in militancy.  

GBAM! Hope people learn from this man.

In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons - Herodotus
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by sarrki(m): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2016
Kingsley1000:
THIS BIAFRAN ISSUE DON TIRE ME

Even me my brother
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Oxenomy: 9:02am On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

Mandate was given to who? ?

By who??
A mandate was given to Ojukwu to declare Biafra by the leaders in Eastern Nigeria then.. Go and read the Ahiara declaration..

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by TruthisGOD: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

U are making sense yes..

But did Ojukwu consult the people of the eastern region before Biafra was declared??

And did nnamdi Kalu ask for permission from the eastern region before claiming to lead Biafra?
You're ignorant, did Buhari consult and seek your permission and Nigerans before you voted him as your leader? You saw his so called qualities and voted him. The same way NK massive supporters saw the qualities in him and had given him their unalloyed supports.

7 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2016
Oxenomy:
A mandate was given to Ojukwu to declare Biafra by the leaders in Eastern Nigeria then.. Go and read the Ahiara declaration..

Lol. . Mbaise will always regret that day

Bro who would question a military governor.. . Was there a referendum?? No
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by TruthisGOD: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2016
sarrki:

Even me my brother
Then stop commenting on their thread

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by TruthisGOD: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2016
sarrki:

Even me my brother
Then stop commenting on their thread
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2016
TruthisGOD:
You're ignorant, did Buhari consult and seek your permission and Nigerans before you voted him as your leader? You saw his so called qualities and voted him. The same way NK massive supporters saw the qualities in him and had given him their unalloyed supports.
Do u know the meaning of elections??

Do u know what it means to vote someone?? Did Buhari just declear himself president??

Why did i even reply u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by gidgiddy: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

U are making sense yes..

Of course Ojukwu did consult the people of the Eastern Region before he declared Biafra. Google the Eastern Nigeria consultative forum. This was the group that comprised all the chiefs, representatives and heads of the 20 provinces that made up the old Eastern Region. They had a meeting on the 28th of May 1967 and gave the order to declare the Eastern Region a separate country. Ojukwu declared Biafra two days later.
Ojukwu had a mandate to declare Biafra.

As for Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB, they are asking for a referendum in the SE/SS area (with the exception of Edo state but not Igbanke community) and the lower Benue (particularly the Igbos in Benue, the Umueze-Okoha people). What is the best form of consulting the leople than a referendum?

11 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Etogist: 9:48am On Nov 04, 2016
After the protest the recorded over 1 million people, I wonder the type of mandate he is talking about. Mandate of the people or mandate of some political elites?

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2016
gidgiddy:

Of course Ojukwu did consult the people of the Eastern Region before he declared Biafra. Google the Eastern Nigeria consultative forum. This was the group that comprised all the chiefs, representatives and heads of the 20 provinces that made up the old Eastern Region. They had a meeting on the 28th of May 1967 and gave the order to declare the Eastern Region a separate country. Ojukwu declared Biafra two days later.
Ojukwu had a mandate to declare Biafra.

As for Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB, they are asking for a referendum in the SE/SS area (with the exception of Edo state but not Igbanke community) and the lower Benue (particularly the Igbos in Benue, the Umueze-Okoha people). What is the best form of consulting the leople than a referendum?
Nnamdi Kanu is an individual.. Government don't respond to every individual demand

Fine if he has his demand and few they are popular as Buhari advised form a political party with the aim of pushing that idea and the people will vote u in to champion that demand (just like the break away is trying ti do in catalonia)

Do this and people will take u serious...

3 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by TruthisGOD: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

Do u know the meaning of elections??

Do u know what it means to vote someone?? Did Buhari just declear himself president??

Why did i even reply u
What you don't know close your mouth. You didn't know that IPOB conducts election to choose their leaders. NK, emerge as a leader, he didn't force anybody to believe on his ideology. His sermon and qualities alone brought about the massive supports he has today

3 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2016
TruthisGOD:
What you don't know close your mouth. You didn't know that IPOB conducts election to choose their leaders. NK, emerge as a leader, he didn't force anybody to believe on his ideology. His sermon and qualities alone brought about the massive supports he has today
Were n when was the election held.. . What's his tenure duration

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by TruthisGOD: 10:10am On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

Were n when was the election held.. . What's his tenure duration
That was why I said you're ignorant and hence should close your mouth. It makes one look foolish when he/she comments on issue he doesn't know. For you to comment sensibly ,get facts on the issue in discuss, there are lots of platform that will assist you on that.

3 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 10:12am On Nov 04, 2016
TruthisGOD:
That was why I said you're ignorant and hence should close your mouth. It makes one look foolish when he/she comments on issue he doesn't know. For you to comment sensibly ,get facts on the issue in discuss, there are lots of platform that will assist you on that.
Lol... U really don't know the meaning of elections
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by IPOB123london: 10:15am On Nov 04, 2016
see their mouth; this is what am saying omenka your logic is just too local; backward people; we are just too advanced and unfortunate to be living with people that just cannot reason like a human being
but Lord lugard had the mandate abi

mad people

mad race

backward race#

rubbish country#

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by TruthisGOD: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol... U really don't know the meaning of elections
Keep on displaying your ignorant. Which organization doesn't do election to choose their leaders? Even your illiterate village youth forum does that.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by ephi123(f): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
omenka and modath on igbo matters

But you won't see them on the numerous threads highlighting Buhari's non-existent policies, they quickly develop selective amnesia then.
Unfortunately Bubu keeps disgracing them day in day out, can't be easy defending such a failure.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by awa(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2016
You can speak any grammar you want but when you are no longer in the corridor of power, truth would be said.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Mujaheeeden: 10:42am On Nov 04, 2016
ephi123:

But you won't see them on the numerous threads highlighting Buhari's non-existent policies, they quickly develop selective amnesia then.
Unfortunately Bubu keeps disgracing them day in day out, can't be easy defending such a failure.
I don't knw the problems of that duo

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by ephi123(f): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
I don't knw the problems of that duo

They themselves probably don't know either. Very unfortunate for them both.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Okeycima: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Did anybody give the Arab spring revolutionaries a mandate to revolt?
Onyema should not say what he will regret. Gen. Ike Nwachukwu come to mind.
pls why say gen.ike nwachukwu come to your mind on this topic. What did he do?. And how did he comes to your mind? I just want to know
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by jice(m): 10:55am On Nov 04, 2016
omenka:
This is what we keep saying day in day out. The current agitation simply has neither a head nor a tail- just an adrenalin rush inducing exercise.

Who are the leaders??

Who gave the said "leaders" their mandate??

Where are the official proof such mandate was given anybody??

What exactly constitutes the territory??

Did the constituent states of this territory agree to their inclusion by those "leaders" as being part of the territory??

These are fundamental questions that need clear cut unambiguous answers in order for the struggle to have any legitimacy otherwise it remains what it is today:

1. A tool to with which to blackmail the FG.

2. A tool used by politicians to promote their selfish political agendas- pretend to be in support and earn the loyalty/support of the horde of gullible yoots who support the current "dirrectionless" struggle.

3. A 419 organisation used to fraudulently solicit/earn money from gullible and unsuspecting fans/followers.

[size=14pt]
Who gave Onyema the mandate to speak against the people he is castigating. He is only a political appointee who has no line span of more than four years in office if he performs. Now he is failing anyway. He can’t even convince his wife and children to tow his line of thoughts.

This issue of breakaway and balderdash should be allowed to be put into test as BREXIT and if they succeed fine else goodluck to them.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Babanick: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2016
And i ask, who gave Edwin Clark the mandate to speak on behalf of the ND Avengers?
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by drnoel: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2016
sarrki:

What the Nigerian illustrious son (onyema ugochukwu)

Is trying to tell us is that ipob are not recognized and

Can't represent Igbo as a nation

Simply said and put and tranalated as U want biafra then form a party and follow it democratically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Denies Ordering NBC To Suspend BBNaija / Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone / It's Abnormal To Use Condom As Palliative For The Poor — Rep. Amobi Ogah (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.