Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:43 AM

Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs (26232 Views)

Buhari Averts Diplomatic Row With Turkey Over Extradition Requests – Mr. Onyeama / FFK Slams Geoffrey Onyeama Over London Bridge Attack / Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by khSteel: 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
drnoel:

Simply said and put and tranalated as U want biafra then form a party and follow it democratically

Your Nigeria constitution outlaws that option (and Buhari and his Fulani team made it so) hence why they keep on making such childish rhetoric like you just did. Literally, you will think they mean well but its all their plans to intentionally keep a people against their will.

The option left to IPOB is to not subject itself to the Nigerian constitution since the constitution in itself is illegal. Its illegal against the people within the space known as Nigeria, its also illegal against the 'instrument of surrender of the Biafra Republic'.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by ceaz4r(m): 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
PFRB:

Thank You so much my brother. Thank you very very much.

You're most welcome, brother.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by drnoel: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
2dugged:
it seems you don't get the other thread, they claim the entire Niger Delta, and part of the middle belt is part of biafra

Its just a dream, dreamt by teenagers who their parents where still suckling their mothers breast when the war happened. Like I said nothing to worry over.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by gidgiddy: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
drnoel:

Not if they push a referendum and the results come out plainly to say more people are behind disintegration. They don't need the senate for that. They only need people in strategic political positions as in a party to push for a referendum. The rest will happen automatic

That will not work. Its only someone who doesnt understand Nigeria will say such a thing.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by khSteel: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
gidgiddy:

There is no point forming a political party to push a Biafran agenda because even if that party wins every political position in the SS/SE area, it will still have to go to the Nigerian National Assembly where the other 4 zones will surely vote against any move to disntegrate. So what Buhari said is nonsense and pointless.

No, it does not.

If such happens, they can all have a joint session of the 'House of Assemblies' and mandate INEC within their territories to conduct a Referendum.

All they have to do is to serve notice of such arrangement to the FG, National Assembly, UN, AU, EU, FIFA, All Diplomatic Missions in Nigeria, and others of the demands of their people and then follow through in conducting the referendum.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by nku5: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
The minister will always say what he ia bound to say. His talk of mandate is a joke. Who confirms the mandate of thousands and thousands of people who brave getting shot while marching in the sun. It is a mandate that the masses of the SE have given themselves.

Whether we like IPOB or not, they send out calls for marches or sit at home orders and the masses respond. Not because anybody is paying them but because there is a popular cause. Ignore it at your own peril.

3 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by drnoel: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
khSteel:

Your Nigeria constitution outlaws that option (and Buhari and his Fulani team made it so) hence why they keep on making such childish rhetoric like you just did. Literally, you will think they mean well but its all their plans to intentionally keep a people against their will.

The option left to IPOB is to not subject itself to the Nigerian constitution since the constitution in itself is illegal. Its illegal against the people within the space known as Nigeria, its also illegal against the 'instrument of surrender of the Biafra Republic'.

Why don't u argue logically without bringing in sentiments? Where or what part of the nigerian constitution outlaws forming a party or asking for a referendum? I have a copy of that constitution as corrected and don't see anywhere it says so. Please if u have proof of it in jighlight and paste it here for all to see. If not them rally urselves and form a party, use that party to get what u want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by drnoel: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
gidgiddy:

That will not work. Its only someone who doesnt understand Nigeria will say such a thing.

Not true. Tinubu formed a party. If he wants the yorubas to breakout of Nigeria now it would not be hard for them. Form a party and use it.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Collenshy2020(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
ever811:
na today.?...where Russia,Iran, Israel, Egypt, Kenya, Malawi, Uganda,Togo, Benin republic, aliens, wey Una say them wan come bomb nigeria if nnamdi onyeoshi is not release?..
ok, is that all.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
drnoel:

Its just a dream, dreamt by teenagers who their parents where still suckling their mothers womb when the war happened. Like I said nothing to worry over.
ok o,let's hope so,because it was be a disaster to try to mooch off another region because you feel with them you stand a better chance of survival, that is so wrong
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by gidgiddy: 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
kITATITA:
I am against IPOB and what it represents and the group doesn't speak for me. But I have relatives who support IPOB and those who support MASSOB. We debate over meals and drinks in convivial setting. Nobody threatens the other. I'm against primitive display of violence in the quest to advance one's opinion as represented by IPOB agitation. Such attitude cannot win my support.

But the only display of violence so far has been the Nigerian security forces. It is them that are shooting unarmed people, arresting and torturing people for holding secessionist views. And you worried about IPOB that is yet to touch anybody? You are not being sincere

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by khSteel: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
kITATITA:
I am against IPOB and what it represents and the group doesn't speak for me. But I have relatives who support IPOB and those who support MASSOB. We debate over meals and drinks in convivial setting. Nobody threatens the other. I'm against primitive display of violence in the quest to advance one's opinion as represented by IPOB agitation. Such attitude cannot win my support.

Honestly, both set of the divide have these kind of primitive display of violence you just mentioned that you hate. I mean both the pro-IPOB and Anti-IPOB. I have heard anti-IPOB people like Chxta on SmoothFM talking trash about IPOB and to some extent anti-Igbos forgetting that the pro-IPOB are higher then him as an individual with his one vote.

The truth in a democracy is that all a person has is just one vote, no matter what your position is or what you think you are. The moment over a million people marched on the street of South East Nigeria in protest to support IPOB irrespective of their social standings (jobless youth or not), their vote must mean something. That protest is a mandate to IPOB and the honourable minister ought to know this, and their mandate is way higher than whatever appointment the honorable might think he has or his single vote.

The honour minister should advice FG and National Assembly to conduct a referendum on the subject matter and put this matter to rest at once.

2 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by khSteel: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
drnoel:

Why don't u argue logically without bringing in sentiments? Where or what part of the nigerian constitution outlaws forming a party or asking for a referendum? I have a copy of that constitution as corrected and don't see anywhere it says so. Please if u have proof of it in jighlight and paste it here for all to see. If not them rally urselves and form a party, use that party to get what u want.

Please consult your electoral act.

I don't remember using rude words on you.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by nextprince: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
2dugged:
your case is a tragic one, I must say, you always manage to sound like a failed experiment made on intelligence, worse than an ogre I must say,not one of your post reeks of an atom of intelligence, all I have for you is empathy for the people around you in reality, I wonder how they cope, #tragic

Choi, very giant somethinggg. O boy even c*****ber go swim 4 dis bigggggg thing o! Choi
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by drnoel: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
2dugged:
ok o,let's hope so,because it was be a disaster to try to mooch off another region because you feel with them you stand a better chance of survival, that is so wrong

U forget there is power in decision. I know ur fear is that u dont want family and friends invokved in that biafra course. Still u forget that they can only get involved if they are given reasonable offers, they can never be forced cos they retain the power to accept or reject. The last I check there was still free will. So relax. When these people get over their agitation they will do the right thing which is to concentrate their strength into a political party
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by gidgiddy: 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
2dugged:
I am a Edo person, so I believe I have a say,go and check my other posts, and confirm for yourself

You have no say. Edo isnt part of the proposal unless you from Igbanke

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
gidgiddy:

You have no say. Edo isnt part of the proposal unless you from Igbanke
why don't you try and convince the aniomas first to call themselves igbos instead of Delta igbos first before poaching your fangs into Edo state, grin,you are making yourselves more ridiculous by this attempt to mooch off other regions
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by drnoel: 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2016
khSteel:

Please consult your electoral act.

I don't remember using rude words on you.

I have a copy of that too and its not written there too. Pls if u can highlight where it said so and paste it here? U guys should form a party and use it to get what u want. U don't really have to use the party to win elections like president or govenor, no. U only have to use it to get as far as the fed upper/lower house and state house. Then u use these to push for a referendum. If the referendum comes through and the government doesnt honour it. U have my leave to agitate and I myself will be at the forefront of ur agitation.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
drnoel:

U forget there is power in decision. I know ur fear is that u dont want family and friends invokved in that biafra course. Still u forget that they can only get involved if they are given reasonable offers, they can never be forced cos they retain the power to accept or reject. The last I check there was still free will. So relax. When these people get over their agitation they will do the right thing which is to concentrate their strength into a political party
the bolded, I doubt that will happen, that is a very wierd thing to happen
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by 93xtr09r: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:
. Lol.... . Am a free man nnamdi Kanu is in jail.. Biafra is still a dream.. So who should wail

Hilarious comic from a deluded bigot...and yet and your fellow hypocrites keep running amok on every available media page with anti-Biafra slogans...

Weep not for NK but rather weep for your deluded generation of hypocrites.

A man like NK with a vision is far honourable than a billion of your type with good opinion...

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice."
- Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by khSteel: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
drnoel:

I have a copy of that too and its not written there too. Pls if u can highlight where it said so and paste it here? U guys should form a party and use it to get what u want. U don't really have to use the party to win elections like president or govenor, no. U only have to use it to get as far as the fed upper/lower house and state house. Then u use these to push for a referendum. If the referendum comes through and the government doesnt honour it. U have my leave to agitate and I myself will be at the forefront of ur agitation.

lol.
Funny you. 'Your leave' means absolutely nothing to anybody. Please keep it all.

Please, biko, from your copy of the electoral act, kindly paste the sections on party registration requirements and terms in Nigeria for all to see.

Thanks.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by 93xtr09r: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
2dugged:
why don't you try and convince the aniomas first to call themselves igbos instead of Delta igbos first before poaching your fangs into Edo state, grin,you are making yourselves more ridiculous by this attempt to mooch off other regions

Silly rants of delusion from a frustrated attention seeker...

Igbos are not interested in you and all you stand for.

Biafrra - Edo Man Disgraces Two Yoruba Men On "One Nigeria" Debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C13CCQ9JMjs&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
93xtr09r:

Hilarious comic from a deluded bigot...and yet and your fellow hypocrites keep running amok on every available media page with anti-Biafra slogans...

Weep not for NK but rather weep for your deluded generation of hypocrites.

A man like NK with a vision is far honourable than a billion of your type with good opinion...

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice."
- Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu commited treason. .. I have a video of him soliciting for money to buy arms to fight Nigeria.... Only a presidential pardon will save him
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2016
93xtr09r:

Silly rants of delusion from a frustrated attention seeker...

Igbos are not interested in you and all you stand for.

Biafrra - Edo Man Disgraces Two Yoruba Men On "One Nigeria" Debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C13CCQ9JMjs&feature=youtu.be
boring,you igbos are the attention seekers, anyway since the entire Niger Delta and middle belt is part of biafra, in Don jazzy's voice, egbon if you want to have it,come and get it, mooches and leeches, such clowns!

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by 93xtr09r: 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
2dugged:
boring,you igbos are the attention seekers, anyway since the entire Niger Delta and middle belt is part of biafra, in Don jazzy's voice, egbon if you want to have it,come and get it, mooches and leeches, such clowns!

Silly rants from a deluded attention seeker... Treacherous backstabbers cum murderous parasites!

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by drfk001(m): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2016
I like what the minister said and it's common sense. If you want to agitate for Biafra, then you must seek the mandate of the people and this can be done in a democratic setting by forming a political party with a campaign agenda of seeking for independence, when and if your party members are elected into parliament, you can then fight for the right to hold a referendum in which those concerned can seek for self determination.
This is what is obtainable in civil societies like SNP in Scotland, the Popular front in France, the regional government of Catalonia.
Apart from following that which is democratically acceptable, those agitating are not only wasting their time but also risking their lives.
like play like play, the year is almost ending and Nnamdi Kalu is still in jail forming Mandela...I pity am

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
93xtr09r:

Silly rants from a deluded attention seeker...
is that all?

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by 93xtr09r: 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nnamdi Kanu commited treason. .. I have a video of him soliciting for money to buy arms to fight Nigeria.... Only a presidential pardon will save him

NK does not need your presidential pardon. All that NK need is the restoration of Biafra or death; there's no middle ground.

In the meantime, keep on wailing profusely on NL...
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by khSteel: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
2dugged:

Calm down dear, no one is forcing you or/and your people into anything you don't want.

Please, stop making sweeping statements about a people just because you can't agree with someone...it doesn't tell well of you.
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by mrvitalis(m): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
93xtr09r:

NK does not need your presidential pardon. All that NK need is the restoration of Biafra or death; there's no middle ground.

In the meantime, keep on wailing profusely on NL...
Rip to him then
Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by 93xtr09r: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
2dugged:
is that all?

Now you're beginning to see the idiocy in someone, who isn't worth being a footmat, seeking attention from the great Igbo Nation...

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
khSteel:

Calm down dear, no one is forcing you or/and your people into anything you don't want.

Please, stop making sweeping statements about a people just because you can't agree with someone...it doesn't tell well of you.

seems you missed the other thread when the entire Niger Delta and middle belt was included into the biafra territory, anyway we are watching and observing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki Is Mr. Poverty Transfer, Kwara Must Change Fires Back At Toyin Saraki / Sit-At-Home: Hoodlums Kill One, Burn 7 Vehicles In Enugu / Bus With Passengers Falls In To Lagos Lagoon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.