Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,811 members, 7,969,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 07:50 AM

This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. (15726 Views)

Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed / Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Buhari Is Supporting Boko Haram, He Should Be Probed – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by russellino: 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2010
@poster

I have read these allegations elsewhere and they are quite shocking to say the least. I am pretty sure they're all politically motivated but that doesnt mean they're not true. I think its a shame that people cant avoid the ''cow herd mentality'' and THINK for once. Fashola's impact has been felt no doubt but that doesnt make him above the law. people replying here should try and face the issues and quit attacking the poster.Its childish, illiterate and plain pointless
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Hardtalk: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2010
russellino:

@poster

I have read these allegations elsewhere and they are quite shocking to say the least. I am pretty sure they're all politically motivated but that doesnt mean they're not true. I think its a shame that people cant avoid the ''cow herd mentality'' and THINK for once. Fashola's impact has been felt no doubt but that doesnt make him above the law. people replying here should try and face the issues and quit attacking the poster.Its childish, illiterate and plain pointless

Hard talk is hard to swallow!. The truth is coming out for all to see.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by babapupa: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2010
The court bared the House from investigating Fashola because of conflict of interest since the House was part of the complaints, now they lifted their complaints off the House basically to remove the conflict of interest just to allow the House to go ahead with the probe without the conflict of interest allegations and in effect bypassing the court ruling.

Talk about the accuser, the judge, the advocate and exonerator.

These are nothing but lying clowns peddling rubbish and carrying other faceless people's water.

I really want them to investigate Fashola and I think this is good for Fashola himself and Lagosians in general.

The only downside is the fact that it displays how easy it is to slow down the wheels of government since any d!ic!k and harry is allowed throw any allegation at the Governor/Government (True or false, merits or no merits) and set in motion state and federal investigations.

And shouldn't the house first demand for documented evidence of misdeeds by the Governor and present it to Lagosians before even going public with their intent to investigate? or is it just that all you need to waste state's funds and manpower on investigation is plain insinuation? Are these people for real?

I'm not even reading anything about embezzlement, huge sums in private bank accounts locally or internationally. This is nothing but your generic allegations of overspending and misappropriation.

We are not blind, we see what Fashola is doing with state funds.

Lagos state has a budget of 426 billion naira to take care of 18 million people and huge infrastructure demands. Rivers state's Budget @ 434 billion naira to take care of just 5 million people and less infrastructure demands is bigger than Lagos state's budget. So, we can't honestly say Rivers state with just 5 million people is excelling than Lagos state with 18 million people terms of demands and development.

I say go ahead and investigate Fashola. Make him a bigger hero.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2010
This is really sad and pathetic and i think there shd be a probe.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
hello Hardtalk

show me one politician in Nigeria that is not stealing??

show me one. if u cannot show me one then shut up

i prefer a stealing fahola that is working than a non working stealing politician

even u woul theif when u get there, u r already displaying the xteristics of a tif-- condemn others
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by doyin13(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
This idea of a ''working stealing politician''. . . .

Very scary to see people talking in such terms.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2010
^^ do you have any comment at all about the N7 billion which was approved by the fed govt for construction of a VP residence for jonathan goodluck?

that doesnt warrant a probe, according to you and your cronies?

Have you personally benefitted from jonathan in some way or are you hoping to benefit from him hence your silence and red herring attacks on Fashola?

You people have some personal issues with him, as is quite clear.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Hardtalk: 5:26pm On Feb 17, 2010
kaecy5:

hello Hardtalk

show me one politician in Nigeria that is not stealing??

show me one. if u cannot show me one then shut up

i prefer a stealing fahola that is working than a non working stealing politician

even u woul theif when u get there, u r already displaying the xteristics of a tif-- condemn others

Your post is belated!. The question has been asked and answered by other posters. Read the entire thread, and you will see it. No body hates Fashola, and people are saying the same thing. No saints amongst Nigerian leaders, thats all.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by keeeem: 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
Hardtalk,

You see I don't think anyone has anything against what you posted. Infact it is good for information sake. Reading thru your posts gave me the opportunity of having the document on the various allegations being raised by the True Face of Lagos guys. I think why the guys on Fashola's side reacted the way they did was the rider you put after the posting. 'Is fashola indeed a saint?' Anyone reading that smells bias and in law such stance is pre-judicial.

If you have left things at just informing, there won't be this much talks and yabbing.

tpia please let's tone down emotions so that we do not resort to verbal abuses as is being done. We can always learn from each other. We all know how we feel about Fashola but lets apply a modicum of decorum

Let's enjoy this forum. It isvery educative. Please guys let's sheathe our sword

God bless you all
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by doyin13(m): 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2010
tpia.:

^^ do you have any comment at all about the N7 billion which was approved by the fed govt for construction of a VP residence for jonathan goodluck?

that doesnt warrant a probe, according to you and your cronies?

Have you personally benefitted from jonathan in some way or are you hoping to benefit from him hence your silence and red herring attacks on Fashola?

You people have some personal issues with him, as is quite clear.

Lol. . .From what I gather Jonathan is not the one in charge of the construction, I presume it would be the FCT minister.

But that's by the way. . .

I am not anti-Fashola in any way. In fact, I get an erection when the man's name comes up grin grin

But decades of bad leadership has ossified the cynic in me, and it won't let go easily.

This whole episode affords us the opportunity to see if our optimism about Lagos
is misplaced, and if it has been business as usual all along.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Hardtalk: 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
keeeem:

Hardtalk,

You see I don't think anyone has anything against what you posted. Infact it is good for information sake. Reading thru your posts gave me the opportunity of having the document on the various allegations being raised by the True Face of Lagos guys. I think why the guys on Fashola's side reacted the way they did was the rider you put after the posting. 'Is fashola indeed a saint?' Anyone reading that smells bias and in law such stance is pre-judicial.

If you have left things at just informing, there won't be this much talks and yabbing.

tpia please let's tone down emotions so that we do not resort to verbal abuses as is being done. We can always learn from each other. We all know how we feel about Fashola but lets apply a modicum of decorum

Let's enjoy this forum. It isvery educative. Please guys let's sheathe our sword

God bless you all

I apologise, all ye Fashola fans, for how I started with my posts. I never meant any harm. Many years of corruption in our society has made us all to see every Nigeria leader to be corrupt. I love Fashola, but report reaching me is saddening. All ye Fashola fans, I am sorry oh! ( I am on the floor rolling, ) grin grin grin
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by citizenY(m): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2010
WHERE,WHEN AND HOW DO WE EXPECT TO GET A FULL RESPONSE TO THIS ALLEGATION.

UNLESS THERE IS A RESPONSE BY SOMEBODY, I RESERVE MY COMMENTS.

APOSTLES OF DUE PROCESS OVER TO YOU.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Enjoyment1(f): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
Okay, now that we have so many questions, begging for answers, what do we do? undecided
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by phantom(m): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
@babapupa, Wat do you think is the population of PHC alone?lol
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by babapupa: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2010
phantom:

@babapupa, Wat do you think is the population of PHC alone?lol

Why don't you first go ahead and dispute my figures per the entire population of Rivers state before asking sub and irrelevant questions?

I'm waiting,
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Otobroto(f): 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2010
I have read through all the argument for and against. The only issue here is that, although, Fashola must have done one or two things which his detractors are now using against him, but he deserve commendation. If amongst 36 governors, he stole (as acussed), but he made people feel at least for now, good governance, what do we do? Where he has defaulted, lets caution him, and please lets make him continue. We can start building better governance, from him. When he is celebrated, others will learn. He is not a saint at all, but he is the best for now!.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by phantom(m): 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2010
@baba, Common,U r more intelligent than this.Since you are quoting values tell me the population of PH.You cant come on a forum and drop values to buttress ur point and expect it to be undisputed.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2010
doyin13:

Lol. . .From what I gather Jonathan is not the one in charge of the construction, I presume it would be the FCT minister.

But that's by the way. . .

I am not anti-Fashola in any way. In fact, I get an erection when the man's name comes up grin grin

But decades of bad leadership has ossified the cynic in me, and it won't let go easily.

This whole episode affords us the opportunity to see if our optimism about Lagos
is misplaced, and if it has been business as usual all along.

your stance on Fashola is irrelevant here.

love him or hate him- that's your own wahala. But if you're part of the corrupt and devilish cabal who want to start a smear campaign just because they prefer Lagos to be like the rest of Nigeria (ie going nowhere), then expect to be called out. Put your defensiveness and sensitivity to the side.

btw, you're not a lagosian and neither do you show any similar interest in the public accountability of the legislature of your home state- why is that?

and once again, what are your comments on the N7 billion mansion which you and yours considered "befitting" for jonathan as VP? Na the whole Nigeria go live there? abi are you the contractor supplying the bulding materials.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by babapupa: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2010
phantom:

@baba, Common,U r more intelligent than this.Since you are quoting values tell me the population of PH.You cant come on a forum and drop values to buttress your point and expect it to be undisputed.

Relax, there's no need to get defensive. I said River state, not PH. If you're going to challenge my figures, challenge what I claimed, not what I never said.

I posted 5 million as the entire population of Rivers state and if you have a different figure, go ahead, post yours and make me look silly.

I don't have the figures for PH but I do have the one for Rivers state based on 2006 estimates hence what I posted.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Otobroto(f): 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
babapupa:

Relax, there's no need to get defensive. I said River state, not PH. If you're going to challenge my figures, challenge what I claimed, not what I never said.

I posted 5 million as the entire population of Rivers state and if you have a different figure, go ahead, post yours and make me look silly.

I don't have the figures for PH but I do have the one for Rivers state based on 2006 estimates hence what I posted.

Hmmmmmm!. I dont want to jump into your discussion, but what is happening here?
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by ikeyman00(m): 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2010
tpia ur head correct??
shocked shocked shocked chinekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by DrKitaun(m): 12:29am On Feb 18, 2010
Can we just close this thread since the so called ediots called TRUE FACE OF LAGOS are actually faceless ?

I remember a certain ABIMBOLA DAVIES that was used as a tool to scuttle the democratic process of the Abiola period alongside ARTHUR NZERIBE . . .at least he had a face to him ! who the plonkers are these Adesina, Kasali and George that no one knows them or have seen them yet people feel they ought to be taken seriously ? whats the point taking seriously allegations which unite a party in connivance only to come back to exonerate the same victim of your own allegation just to curry senseless favour JUST TO BRING A MAN DOWN ?

Why is Tinubu acting so silly ?

Let me educate y'all . . .contrary to what many believe Tinubu is using the Mandate caucus to cause trouble within party circles with the able assistance of Baba Eto - full names Cardinal James Odumbaku and other of his protegee in the executive like Muiz Banire who is preparing to take over from Fashola until he dumps him just like he did others b4 selecting BRF . . .
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by babapupa: 12:37am On Feb 18, 2010
Otobroto:

Hmmmmmm!. I dont want to jump into your discussion, but what is happening here?

Feel free to jump in my friend.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 18, 2010
i do hope ikeyman is not Nigerian, because this is the kind of person who makes me deny I'm one.

too embarassing. The fellow has little to contribute to any topic besides rambling like a broken locomotive.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by nif: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2010
We now have a governor that have done a good work in the state, pls, HARDTALK don't distract him.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by smoothine: 10:50am On Feb 18, 2010
The problem with Nigeria and Nigerians is that we have too many illiterates claiming to be literate.The level of reasoning and education is so low among the populace that any idiot can say anything and people would start believing it.What happens to innocent until proven guilty .There has been allegations ,the true face or whatever they call themselves instead of telling us all this rubbish and insulting our sense why cant they just send their proof to EFCC to investigate and now check whether the gov is guilty or not.i am sure fashola is not a PDP gov so nobody can sweep this under the carpet .Let EFCC do their job and take the case to court QED.Let us all act like civilized people in a civilized society for once and stop all these cowboy ,area boy mentality in Nigeria politics.The face of lagos or whatever they call themsleves ,take your case to the court and EFCC.Stop the smear campaign.Prove him guilty before you start causing bad belle.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by GudLion(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2010
Let us not condem the post nor the poster yet, theirs always an atom of truth in every rumour, after all the FOI has not been passed thus making every news you hear a rumour. This was exactly the same way people of Enugu State worshiped and celebrated Chimaroke (the formal governor) but now they (Enugu people) know better. The cunny man used the media to do Enugu people the more you look the less you see. That Fashola is performing does not make him a saint and that we support him does not make us fools either. The post need be investigated gbam!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by jessefly: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2010
what is the matter here
someone took out time to gather information, hardcore information that can cost him his life and we just debunk it without taking time to scrutinize his facts and prove if they are fallacious or perhaps they carry an element of truth
Please when shall we stop accepting average and know we can get more than we do now
a friend of mine who jus came down afetr his studies in the UK complained that the whole nigerian system is a mess, he said you need to see a system that works where everyone is held accountable for their actions
abi have you not heard of parliamentarians been sacked because their spouses suddenly had golf membership using public funds
Abeggi this is our money we are talking about here, we pay tax and we should know what is been done with it.
please in every so called fabrication there is an element of truth, if not hardalk must be one hell of a story-teller
ABEGGI
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by ola4yinka(m): 11:39am On Feb 18, 2010
Simple Question,
Why did FASHOLA go to Court to stop the PROBE ?,
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by lwise(m): 11:51am On Feb 18, 2010
I dont know why some people find it difficult to think straight.This is another attempt by some political parties to rubbish the government of Fashola.Well,its normal 2011 election is around and I dont expect anyone to be borthered by this.If you have any concreate fact against Fashola just take him to court i guess thats the normal thing.

EKO ONIBAJE OOO

OMO ALE TO MA BAJE MA KU NI AMIN

angry angry angry
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by mogentle(m): 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
ola4yinka:

Simple Question,
Why did FASHOLA go to Court to stop the PROBE ?,

The simple answer is that He needs time to package himself for it since you may not know what oppositions are planning for him?

My own questions are (1) Why is ALPHA BETA not mentioned in the allegations?
                                   (2) Projects handled by Hi Tech construction company in which Tinubu is one of the directors was never mentioned at all in the allegations. Why?
                                    (3) I believe no variation of old contract can be done without the consent of Tinubu because he is always there when Fashola is commisioning any completed project. Doesn't the whole thing look like a trap for the man?
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by DL(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2010
russellino:

@poster

By far the most sensible comment I've read so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Protest In Ogun Against Electricity Distribution Company / Ngige: NSITF Mismanaged ₦48 Billion, Awarded ₦4.448 Billion Contract In One Day / Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.