Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,096 members, 7,939,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:56 AM

This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. (15687 Views)

Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed / Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Buhari Is Supporting Boko Haram, He Should Be Probed – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by temmytanny(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
Mr HARD TALK or wetin be your name?its clear u are paid to do this job and keep tabs of what is happening on nairaland but most people here wont be moved by ur so called allegations.

we all know where this cheats is coming from and why now.one thing you forgot is these people are dealing with a SAN and only time wil tell.

am not saying fashola is innocent ooooo.we all know how contracts are awarded to God fathers and sons and when the God father no get better one,he go call him people for HOA to impeach.

like i said,TIME WILL TELL mr HARDKNOCK
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by mcfestgee: 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2010
Some people narow minded that they can't see the handwriting on the wall. Have you ever thought the whereabout of this so call group when Tinubu spent 8 years without accounting for any meaningful project in Lagos State. When I saw the leader on TV the other day, I concluded that he has verbal diarrhea, there is no way he can stand against the wishes of the people. Fashola stands out among many. All those celebrated and glorified social miscreants should shut up their mouth and stop distracting BABA FASHOLA.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by toideve(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
I didn't even bother to read all the write up by the poster but i must say you tried. for you to sit/stand and put all this writings together you tried. you took your time to castigate and rubbish all that BRF has done or doing in Lagos. BRF is not a saint and I'm not sure you expected him to be a saint we just want a performing Governor and i just think he's been doing well. how can you condemn the beautification of Lagos? most of the deplorable roads in Lagos are Federal roads as far as i know. If it costs 1m to construct a road in 2007 i don't expect it to cost the same in 2009, abi no be this Naija way we de so? I see PDP in action.

If you managed to brainwash other people not me, Fashola is the best thing happening to Lagos right now

Eko o ni baje o!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by temmytanny(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
pls pls pls last two posters,

i no like am ooooooo.how u people talk like that.u know nairaland people cant be easily brainwashed.

Mr headknock came to the wrong place for his article.

the leader of the faceless people looks like someone with kwashoko.

I bet you all the SAN i know would beat all these people handsdown.like i used to say TIME WILL TELL
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
what a big[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by ola4yinka(m): 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
mogentle:

The simple answer is that He needs time to package himself for it since you may not know what oppositions are planning for him?

My own questions are (1) Why is ALPHA BETA not mentioned in the allegations?
                                   (2) Projects handled by Hi Tech construction company in which Tinubu is one of the directors was never mentioned at all in the allegations. Why?
     You are intelligent for sure, that's to show where those allegations are coming from, and it only takes people that are close to his(Fashola) govt. to know these facts. Tinubu-Fashola war rages on,
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by unclebros: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
chai ! so BRF too is corrupt   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Ajike: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
I will appreciate the poster the more if he can as well narrantes how federal governemnt has been spending our tax payers money too atleast he should be able to know little abt unless his godfathers are ot eyeing any post up there. shio! pple's hater
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by toideve(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
temmytanny:

pls pls pls last two posters,

i no like am ooooooo.how u people talk like that.u know nairaland people cant be easily brainwashed.

Mr headknock came to the wrong place for his article.

the leader of the faceless people looks like someone with kwashoko.

I bet you all the SAN i know would beat all these people handsdown.like i used to say TIME WILL TELL

no vex jare, i just de vex how people can just sit and compose rubbish just to ridicule my BRF
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
what a big waste of knowledge,instead of wasting ur time calculating how fashola spends money why dont u just
apply to one of the banks ,i'm sure u don't need to be interviewed b4 u gain employment.joblessness is really a disease
shocked shocked shocked
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by toideve(m): 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
aanumama:

what a big waste of knowledge,instead of wasting your time calculating how fashola spends money why dont u just
apply to one of the banks ,i'm sure u don't need to be interviewed b4 u gain employment.[b]joblessness is really a disease
[/b] shocked shocked shocked

indeed!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by snthesis(m): 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
@poster
first tins first, i see alot of figures, details about transactions the ordinary citizen know nothing about. it points to only one thing you are being sponsored my sum1 to smear the name of the BRF adminstration and i can bet most of the figures/transactions have been blown out of proportion and have been selective, i bet there are numerous other contracts that the BRF govt would have awarded (forced) to the proxies of Tinubu, sum1 is feeling very threatened with Gov fashola performance.
the funny thing about threads like this is that it is easy to trace the sponsors by simply searching for the persona that stands to gain most from the smear campaign, or better still who stands to loose most out of the overwhelming success of the BRF administration.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by abhosts(m): 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
These mischievous lawmakers should not be taken seriously. Are they trying to say that there would have been better accountability if it was any of them that was governor?
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Hardtalk: 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
Otobroto:

I have read through all the argument for and against. The only issue here is that, although, Fashola must have done one or two things which his detractors are now using against him, but he deserve commendation. If amongst 36 governors, he stole (as acussed), but he made people feel at least for now, good governance, what do we do? Where he has defaulted, lets caution him, and please lets make him continue. We can start building better governance, from him. When he is celebrated, others will learn. He is not a saint at all, but he is the best for now!.

This is the main reason why this topic was posted, and not to kill Fashola.

Meanwhile, I still want to apologise for my earlier comment, underneath the topic. I never meant any harm, eventhough it has been interpreted wrongly.

Fashola supporters, I am just an ordinary man on the street, with no ill intention against him.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ topic, hardtalk, obioma et al

well truly the elections are here again!!! hmmmnnnn, wetin we no go hear?

see, the truth is the opposition made a big gaffe by sitting on their arse all along these past three years, it was when the fashola juggernaut was gathering steam with all the visible projects and steam blowing, that u people should have been undermining his press!! fact!

ALL THESE "FACTS" GOES TO NO ISSUE AS WE SAY IN MY WORLD! big deal, okay so its the anti christ that has been ruling lagos and making us hungry and jobless? tseew, bo nice try!

to think that u people have a lot of money and time to waste for the next year and a half, and still wont make a dent is amusing!
U HONESTLY THINK THAT A STORY THAT SAYS A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN IS CORRUPT IS GOING TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IN A SOCIETY WITH INBUILT CORRUPTION!?!
how daft that strategy is!, look ask the average man on the street, just step out and take a random survey,

ask them WHICH WOULD U PREFER, A POLITICIAN WHO SIMPLY LINES HIS OWN POCKETS AND DOES NOTHING AND IS SEEN DOING NOTHING, TO ONE WHO DOES STUFF AND LINES HIS POCKET! Im sure even u know what the answer will be!

that is just it! u need to understand that the nigerian psyche has been damaged beyond this kind of scheming!

let me put it in perspective, if john terry had been a nigerian, in the nigerian national team, that story would have ended up on the pages of the sleazy softsell journos and that is that! u think anyone would be asking such dumb question such as whether he cant be the team captain? and he removed when he eminently is the best captain by miles?

look, u havent posted what is really what we want to hear, that is, your own answer to fashola, u know, that candidate that is better!!! disclose that first then we take it from there, this fashola is corrupt tune isnt catching abeg! SO Bleep WHAT? 14 BILLION? when was the last time u looked at the budgetary allocations for oil producing states monthly? eg bayelsa? shey its the one general hospital, 10 major roads, no university(ok i heard they now have one glorified sec schl). etc, u get my drift that they spend it all on? beside people like that, fashola looks like a saint. THAT IS OUR POOR SOCIETY FOR YOU!!!

restrategise bo!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by chincchon(m): 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
If u chop  grin them go talk,if u no chop smiley them go talk, wethin man go do self make 'm satisfy pple?.Fashola's Predecessor  left power without achieving anything,eat enough money and no body talked about that.now,God have sent someone to come and show other Gorv's,the Fed.Government and dirty politician's hw the face of leadership should be.As far as am concerned fashola have revived the dying and decaying state of lagos State to a glorifying state.Other states now use Lagos as a refrence point and the bxt people could do is to sit down and manufacture disheartning propaganda about fashola.

"I beleive in working and choping ,rather than not working and still choping"
baba fashola should care less on what pple are saying and forg ahead, we the Good pple of lagos State are SOLIDILY BEHIND U. "EKO N BAJE" shocked grin cheesy cool
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by baslone: 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
EFCC is investigating Fashola, but not
Aondoakaa, Ibori, Edevbie and the supplementary budget. I
don't say don't probe if he's done wrong, but why fail to
investigate a monumental fraud which affects the nation's
economy as the budget supposedly signed by a man Edevbie
has now confessed he never saw? If there is a place good
governance has existed since 2007, it's Fashola's Lagos.

Nasir El-Rufai
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by ib612(m): 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
Many opinion on this tread need not be interpreted as a fact.

Facts can't be reach by sentiments or otherwise; just as pretence in the name of truth is an aberration.

When figures are thrown up and down without appropriate matching expenses, like workers pay, appropriate costs and the likes, it becomes a question of subjectivity.

In my own opinion the complaint is politically motivated. Why is it that all these accusations started the moment the governor questions the rationale of collecting such huge percentage from the revenue by an agency that all this worms come up?

Lets be reasonable, a house of assembly that is controlled by a "foreign" force can't discharged their responsibilities in all fairness.

These allegations should be forwarded to EFCC to probe and not the LSHA.

Would a cockroach win any appeal before a rooster?
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Gettolove(m): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ hardtalk
I have a peice of info for you.

If these allegations you have cooked up are true, then all governors who want to perform excellently well like BRF should come and learn how to do just that from FASHOLA.

a ? 4U
HOW MUCH WERE U PAID grin grin grin grin grin grin
ple send me recharge card
080555522+1 ext
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by sherbol: 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
what is the source of ur info?if u tink ur info is so genuie Y nt go 2 EFCC.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by eros(m): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hmmm lets see how this plays out in the end. shocked embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by beninman1(m): 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2010
What is the source of all these allegations?

How do we know if they are true?

Sounds like a cacophony of disgruntled voices.

If indeed Fashola is a thief, then he must a good thief cos what he done in Lagos State, my own state Governor depsite all his 'aluta' noise has done jackSh*T.

In my opinion, most if not all govt official must 'chop'.
Let's not disturb those 'chopping' but performing at the same time.

What if we change Fashola and now end up with a selfish rogue who wants to keep all for himself and deliver nothing to the masses
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by obawemimo: 5:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
kasali and george, tell me one thing i beg. who pay una? cos na plenty money e must be o before una go sit down begin write this plenty rubbish, may God punish your generations yet unborn cos u guys want to destroy the good works of Fashola. God will put you guys to shame!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by veraponpo(m): 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Hardtalk:
Please if you have ever led any group before you will definitely know what leadership entails. You cannot eat your cake and have it at the same time.You want to combat crime,enjoy full security,see a beautiful environment,enjoy good world cup in Lagos,ply a good road,have a good public school,etc and you don't want the money generated by the same governor through his leadership acumen to be spent by him.You are very funny.
Sorry,if I sound funny but the truth be said you were paid to use this technical evil propaganda against our beloved Fashola.
You need to build your home first and see if Money will not scatter you and your wife.
Pls what do say of other governor whose money has not achieved anything at all.

TELL YOUR SPONSOR THAT WE KNOW YOUR GYMICK.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Hardtalk: 6:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
I still do not understand posters on this thread. I am not the writer of this report, neither do I know those behind it. My only mistake for now, is having to post it and my first comment, which I have apologised several times. If I had collect money for this, then, I will not have the face to say all these. Whoever is annoyed by this post, I apologise, for the last time. Let there be peace!.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Reptyle(m): 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
I wish Fashola can visit Nairaland and see the kind of confidence that the citizens of Lagos repose in him. I pray to God to grant him the political will to justify this outpouring of emotive support by delivering even more on his election promises. Tinubu needs to back off and realize that his influence in Lagos has been whittled down tremendously by Fashola's drive so far. If those dishonourable members of the house of assembly want to face the wrath of Lagosians, let them try anything funny and see if we will not strip them and Tinubu their father, naked on the streets of Lagos.

A word is enough for the wise!!!

Eko oni baje lai lai!!!! Amin o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by ABS1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Poster: Facts please not stories. Your argument is that you want us to view Fashola objectively isn't it?
1. How can we do that when you post 'stories' with no facts backing them up.
2. How did you even get access to the figures you posted, after all you claim that the BRF administration is not transparent or did u just cook them up
3. People believe what they see, so move about Lagos some,
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Hardtalk: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
A.B.S:

@Poster: Facts please not stories. Your argument is that you want us to view Fashola objectively isn't it?
1. How can we do that when you post 'stories' with no facts backing them up.
2. How did you even get access to the figures you posted, after all you claim that the BRF administration is not transparent or did u just cook them up
3. People believe what they see, so move about Lagos some,

This is the source of the story: http://nationalpointonline.com/nponline/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1699&cntnt01returnid=15
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by ayinba1(f): 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Hardtalk,

The question is Why did you post it?

I want to thank all the thinking NL posters who have requested that you (Hardtalk and cohorts') produce your better alternative to Fashola. People are not that stupid, smear campaigns will not work in this case. What this man is doing is VISIBLE to the eye (remember 1ST term), if the media does not report it, we the people are NOT blind.

No one has said that he is a saint, but he has given hope to a lot of Nigerians that leadership can be used to do the right thing (which is the good thing). At the end of the day, the choice (of what to do with power) is yours to make.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by chuxy12(m): 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
much as i have been proud of BRF govt i still wonder why he went to court to quash the panel. I tot dat wud have bin a gud opport to display his integrity and clear his name (like Boola Ige did wen he was minister of power). but taking refuge in court injunction leaves much to be desired. Infact it will send wrong signals to people. personally i had assumed at if he had thru dat baptism successfully he wud have etched his name wit gold in peoples heart.

@tpia i think you are unnecessary becoming sentimental about this topic. be broadminded and you willthiik clearly
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Hardtalk: 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2010
ayinba1:

@Hardtalk,

The question is Why did you post it?

I want to thank all the thinking NL posters who have requested that you (Hardtalk and cohorts') produce your better alternative to Fashola. People are not that silly, smear campaigns will not work in this case. What this man is doing is VISIBLE to the eye (remember 1ST term), if the media does not report it, we the people are NOT blind.

No one has said that he is a saint, but he has given hope to a lot of Nigerians that leadership can be used to do the right thing (which is the good thing). At the end of the day, the choice (of what to do with power) is yours to make.

My Dear, read all the post once again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Solar Hybrid Mini-Grid: REA Electrifies Ogun State Community After 200 Years / Conditions For Declaration Of State Of Emergency - Vanguard / Commercial Bus Drivers In Enugu Refuse To Carry Electoral Materials Over Nonpaym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.