Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,610 members, 7,937,758 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:34 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4514495 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 4:57pm On May 11, 2013
I bet you everyone here. Nigeria will never defeat Kenya in any field of battle. Nigeria is just a dog without teeth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 11, 2013
Mbuisi:

Nobody will ever convince me about propaganda. Army barracks is where soldiers live and it does not need to elaborate it further because it made the international news headlines and I could clearly see those images of your vandalised government property.
Okay. But they do not succeed in their mission as you exaggerated. That is what I am trying to explain to you that there is no way Boko Haram can succeed in win a fight at any Nigerian barracks. That just prove you wrong if you are talking about the military running leaving their weapons and Boko Haram won the fight discredit your evidence. That is what I am trying to say. Like you are still insinuating they vandalized the government property as though they succeeded without losing their lives in the process.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 11, 2013
Mbuisi: I bet you everyone here. Nigeria will never defeat Kenya in any field of battle. Nigeria is just a dog without teeth.
The most feared African military. This your comment is laughable. Don't let people see you acting uneducated and non-research savvy individual. Stop fooling yourself like many South Africans do and take to Google to find out evidences before coming to post anything here. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 5:11pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: Nigerian army has been tested in Liberia, Sierra Leon, Sudan, etc and now in Mali. Our military has consistently be fighting for the rights of Africans as well as the world by engaging in reputable fights around the world in the past and present.

I thought your mission in CAR was to keep peace and make the present government to remain in the hem of affairs. I never even knew the situation was worse as to going there for war. It is sad they lost. To the point of correction, I didn't say they where chased out of CAR but the area where they had fight with the rebels. It was more of a defeat to your military than win.

Thank you.

Nigeria have never been tested in any battle and have never fought against those countries mentioned above. Nigeria was merely on a peace keeping mission wearing powder beret and rules of war forbid us to wage war against anyone wearing powder blue beret, because soon the whole world will be against you. Hiding behind UN colours and claim an easy victory is not way to go. SA in CAR were not on a peacekeeping mission, that's why they were attacked, and France then clearly pronounced themselves that they are not in support of Bozize's regime thereby consequently withdrew their forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 5:16pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: The most feared African military. This your comment is laughable. Don't let people see you acting uneducated and non-research savvy individual. Stop fooling yourself like many South Africa do and take to Google to find out evidences before coming to post anything here. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Google will never measure the strength of our armies. So if that was the case, the very same google give the SA military an upper hand than yours, so why don't you just believe what google tells and stop arguing your military prowess in relation to SA military?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 5:35pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: Okay. But they do not succeed in their mission as you exaggerated. That is what I am trying to explain to you that there is no way Boko Haram can succeed in win a fight at any Nigerian barracks. That just prove you wrong if you are talking about the military running leaving their weapons and Boko Haram won the fight discredit your evidence. That is what I am trying to say. Like you are still insinuating they vandalized the government property as though they succeeded without losing their lives in the process.

HEllO!! Wake up and smell the coffee. Do you claim that those insurgents never realised their mission? You are in your deep sleep my friend. The insugents realised their objective. Their mission was to free the inmates and they have just done that. Murderers, Ra-pists and thieves are roaming free in the streets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 11, 2013
Mbuisi:

Nigeria have never been tested in any battle and have never fought against those countries mentioned above. Nigeria was merely on a peace keeping mission wearing powder beret and rules of war forbid us to wage war against anyone wearing powder blue beret, because soon the whole world will be against you. Hiding behind UN colours and claim an easy victory is not way to go. SA in CAR were not on a peacekeeping mission, that's why they were attacked, and France then clearly pronounced themselves that they are not in support of Bozize's regime thereby consequently withdrew their forces.
I shook my head while reading this your comment.That explains how I feel about it. You forgot so soon Nigeria fought a civil war in the past. The ones who fought in Liberia and Sierra Leon were not under UN but ECOMOG which Nigeria is the head. IF you have seen the videos of the war and battles that ensued those two nations in the past you would know that CAR is a child's play.

Indeed, SA was in CAR not for war, as you are making me to believe. But, Nigeria was in Liberia and Sierra Leon to fight wars against rebel militant/fighters. It is very clear you have no idea of those two nations fight before coming here to say they were wearing blue as if you can point to that. Jeez! This dude, is very funny though.

What was SA doing in CAR if not for peace keeping mission. It really points out that your country is a rouge state to be there when it is not their right to do so. Please, you have no argument whatsoever to buttress your SA influence-seeking mission in CAR and was disgraced by the child-face rebels. Huh!

Please, spare me these overrate soldiers who are not even good combatants when compared to Nigerian army that has brought peace to many region of Africa and beyond in time past and present day. List the missions your country have been engaged in?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 11, 2013
Mbuisi:

Google will never measure the strength of our armies. So if that was the case, the very same google give the SA military an upper hand than yours, so why don't you just believe what google tells and stop arguing your military prowess in relation to SA military?
You see how you failed to see the picture. I mean you should check on the information regarding Nigerian military records, from manpower to combats yet I can tell you were going about rating as to the list of military expenditure and hardware purchases.

Please, learn to do your research before coming here to allude to anything that will make your comments look out of place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:58pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: I shook my head while reading this your comment.That explains how I feel about it. You forgot so soon Nigeria fought a civil war in the past. The ones who fought in Liberia and Sierra Leon where not under UN by ECOMOG which Nigeria is the head. IF you have seen the videos of the war and battle that ensued those nation in the past you would know that CAR is a child's play.

Indeed, SA was in CAR not for war, as you are making me to believe but Nigerians were in Liberia and Sierra Leon fight wars against rebels fight. It is very clear you have no idea of those two nations fight before coming here to say they were wearing blue as if you can point to that. Jeez! This dude, is very funny though.

What was SA doing in CAR if not for peace keeping mission. It really points out that your country is a rouge state to be there when it is not their right to do so. Please, you have no argument whatsoever to buttress your SA influence-seeking mission in CAR and was disgraced by the child-face rebels. Huh!

Please, spare me this overrate soldiers who are not even good combatant when compared to Nigerian army that has brought peace to many region of Africa and beyond in time past and present day. List the missions your country have been engaged in?

the civil war was some time ago, and though car was not a massive war, it was tough due to the numbers. 200 vs 3000.

we entered CAR in 2007 to train CAR solders. We then sent a force to protected that team. So we had every right to be there. A recognized government asked us to be there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 11, 2013
All4naija oga you are trying o, only you just handling these other niggas. More power to your elbow
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: I shook my head while reading this your comment.That explains how I feel about it. You forgot so soon Nigeria fought a civil war in the past. The ones who fought in Liberia and Sierra Leon where not under UN by ECOMOG which Nigeria is the head. IF you have seen the videos of the war and battle that ensued those nation in the past you would know that CAR is a child's play.

Indeed, SA was in CAR not for war, as you are making me to believe but Nigerians were in Liberia and Sierra Leon fight wars against rebels fight. It is very clear you have no idea of those two nations fight before coming here to say they were wearing blue as if you can point to that. Jeez! This dude, is very funny though.

Please, spare me this overrate soldiers who are not even good combatant when compared to Nigerian army that has brought peace to many region of Africa and beyond in time past and present day. List the missions your country have been engaged in?

Thanks for your indirect confession. I said earlier that Nigeria has never been involved in a high intensity battle, like Israel vs Egypt, SA vs Angola and Cuba, Ethiopia vs Eritrea. Ever since the establishment of Nigeria it had fought all those civil/rebel wars on a small scale.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 11, 2013
Mbuisi:

HEllO!! Wake up and smell the coffee. Do you claim that those insurgents never realised their mission? You are in your deep sleep my friend. The insugents realised their objective. Their mission was to free the inmates and they have just done that. Murderers, Ra-pists and thieves are roaming free in the streets.
They didn't succeed freeing any prisoner in the first place. That was a 202 Battalion Barracks, in Bama and they never succeeded. 21 of the terrorists were confirmed dead,6 police killed and 14 inmates losing their lives in the crossfire. 2 soldiers,3 children and a women also lost their lives. If this insurgents were to attack SA barracks I think they would have succeeded after seeing what happened in CAR of what happened at BAMA Barracks HERE

It is very laughable how you come here to prove your point without evidence. Again, Google is your friend and will do you good using it to carry out your research.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 11, 2013
Mbuisi:

Thanks for your indirect confession. I said earlier that Nigeria has never been involved in a high intensity battle, like Israel vs Egypt, SA vs Angola and Cuba, Ethiopia vs Eritrea. Ever since the establishment of Nigeria it had fought all those civil/rebel wars on a small scale.
Lol... It is clear you refused to get educated. Check for history of the most brutal war fought in Africa and that has claimed more lives than any. People will keep laughing at your comments here if you accept to be ignorant, which is worse than being ignorant. Try to make use of Google for information once,dude.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

the civil war was some time ago, and though car was not a massive war, it was tough due to the numbers. 200 vs 3000.

we entered CAR in 2007 to train CAR solders. We then sent a force to protected that team. So we had every right to be there. A recognized government asked us to be there.
CAR was massively fought by child rebels. grin grin grin. You should be ashamed of your soldiers by now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:13pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: They didn't succeed freeing any prisoner in the first place. That was a 202 Battalion Barracks, in Bama and they never succeeded. 21 of the terrorists were confirmed dead,6 police killed and 14 inmates losing their lives in the crossfire. 2 soldiers,3 children and a women also lost their lives. If this insurgents were to attack SA barracks I think they would have succeeded after seeing what happened in CAR of what happened at BAMA Barracks HERE

It is very laughable how you come here to prove your point without evidence. Again, Google is your friend and will do you good using it to carry out your research.
source say 104 prisoners got out.

In car 3000 rebels attacked 200 sa solders. At one point 1500 rebels attacked the base directly, at that time only protected by a small SF team and base staff the para bat company and support platoon fighting out side the base. The base never fell and the rebels asked for a cease fire.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:15pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: CAR was massively fought by child rebels. grin grin grin. You should be ashamed of your soldiers by now.

provide source that it was "massively fought by child solders. most of the rebels where combat harden rebels acting has mercs from chad and sudan.

In serri leon and Liberia most of the rebels where preteens. so glass houses and that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:
source say 104 prisoners got out.

In car 3000 rebels attacked 200 sa solders. At one point 1500 rebels attacked the base directly, at that time only protected by a small SF team and base staff the para bat company and support platoon fighting out side the base. The base never fell and the rebels asked for a cease fire.
That 104 were prisoners set free from Bama prison not the barracks.

Your men engaged child rebels in CAR and failed to win. There is no argument about that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:29pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: That 104 were prisoners set free from Bama prison not the barracks.

Your men engaged child rebels in CAR and failed to win. There is no argument about that.

Are prisoners even kept at barracks

we fought, and got them to ask for a cease fire, and where able to hold the base and no training team where lost. mission was a success
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

provide source that it was "massively fought by child solders. most of the rebels where combat harden rebels acting has mercs from chad and sudan.

In serri leon and Liberia most of the rebels where preteens. so glass houses and that.
Here is a LINK coming from your country's news site. It states that your country lost about 36 soldiers than the 13 peddles around here by most South Africans in this forum. It also lays claim to good numbers of the rebels killed among many were children. It is a big shame on your soldiers reputation.

The terrorists insurgency in Nigeria is enough to run your country military down in a few period of time.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

Are prisoners even kept at barracks

we fought, and got them to ask for a cease fire, and where able to hold the base and no training team where lost. mission was a success
We are saying the same thing, that prisoners are not kept in barracks - as your former South African was alluding to. Which just discredited his claim of the terrorists setting free prisoners by infiltrating the barracks. Thank you for that reasonable view.

They didn't fight anything, my friend. It was an improvise attack your soldiers carried out on the rebels who were largely children. Yet, your soldiers have to run for their lives at the end, taking refuge at the hands of the French mission in CAR.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:41pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: Here is a LINK coming from your country's news site. It states that your country lost about 36 soldiers than the 13 peddles around here by most South Africans in this forum. It also lays claim to good numbers of the rebels killed among many were children. It is a big shame on your soldiers reputation.

The terrorists insurgency in Nigeria is enough to run your country military down in a few period of time.

it dose not say that. it says
investigating reports that dozens of South African soldiers were missing or killed
and then
At the same time, Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula denied in Parliament that more than 13 South Africans died in the fighting, which erupted when rebel leader Michel Djotodia led thousands of insurgents into the Central African Republic capital.

this has all ready been covered, it is impossible for the SANDF to hide deaths

She acknowledged there had been child soldiers among those killed by South African soldiers
where do you see it saying a goods number of the rebels where child solders

pleas try again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:45pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: We are saying the same thing, that prisoners are not kept in barracks - as your former South African was alluding to. Which just discredited his claim of the terrorists setting free prisoners by infiltrating the barracks. Thank you for that reasonable view.

They didn't fight anything, my friend. It was an improvise attack your soldiers carried out on the rebels who were largely children. Yet, your soldiers have to run for their lives at the end, taking refuge at the hands of the French mission in CAR.

the attack on the barracks was ether a dumb move by poorly trained rebels or a means to tie down the force there.

The SANDF did not launch any attack and the report on the battel covers the defens of the base. Not one person was killed in the base by the way. All where killed in a ambush when they got attacked by 23mm autocanons, 30mm AGL and heavy mortas.

proof those claims
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

it dose not say that. it says
and then

this has all ready been covered, it is impossible for the SANDF to hide deaths

where do you see it saying a goods number of the rebels where child solders

pleas try again.
Go and reread that link again. This is part of the news. I quote:

"Hours earlier, French radio station RFI reported that, according to Seleka rebel coalition commander Gen Arda Hakouma, at least 36 South African National Defence Force (SANDF) soldiers were killed during the fighting that erupted on March 23.

RFI’s correspondent in Bangui, Cyril Bensimon, also quoted an anonymous source as saying he was at the French military base at Bangui airport on March 25, where he saw 50 body bags ready to be loaded onto a Hercules C-130 transport plane sent from South Africa and due to fly to Pretoria..."

It even proves SA is not telling the truth about the numbers of soldiers killed by the rebels.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 6:48pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: That 104 were prisoners set free from Bama prison not the barracks.

What difference does it make, the whole world has seen on international news the army barracks, police station, prison, government building were on fire. Military personnel were chased out of their barracks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:50pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: Go and reread that link again. This is part of the news. I quote:

"Hours earlier, French radio station RFI reported that, according to Seleka rebel coalition commander Gen Arda Hakouma, at least 36 South African National Defence Force (SANDF) soldiers were killed during the fighting that erupted on March 23.

RFI’s correspondent in Bangui, Cyril Bensimon, also quoted an anonymous source as saying he was at the French military base at Bangui airport on March 25, where he saw 50 body bags ready to be loaded onto a Hercules C-130 transport plane sent from South Africa and due to fly to Pretoria..."

It even proves SA is not telling the truth about the numbers of soldiers killed by the rebels.

and i piont it out how they where wrong. It is impossible for the SANDF to hide deaths. every year a report is made public with every death and injure in the SANDF. Many civilian company’s and personal are all involved in dealing with deaths.

it was a lie
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:56pm On May 11, 2013
This mbuisi guy is very funny.
I wonder where he get his fake news from.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

the attack on the barracks was ether a dumb move by poorly trained rebels or a means to tie down the force there.

The SANDF did not launch any attack and the report on the battel covers the defens of the base. Not one person was killed in the base by the way. All where killed in a ambush when they got attacked by 23mm autocanons, 30mm AGL and heavy mortas.

proof those claims
The terrorists use rocket propelled grenades and anti-aircraft guns to try to overrun the barracks. You are underestimating the weapons use by Nigerian terrors, dude. If they are given the chance to fight SA soldier they will defeat them in a few period of time, maybe in 6 to 7 months time will be enough for them.

Where are the images of the autocanon, 30mm AGL and mortals. With this your statement it is clear either you are not stating fact or your government is not reporting correctly the numbers of soldiers killed by the rebels. There is no way those weapons are used in ambush and expect not to record huge death and casualties. There is something shady about SA report on this CAR attack.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

and i piont it out how they where wrong. It is impossible for the SANDF to hide deaths. every year a report is made public with every death and injure in the SANDF. Many civilian company’s and personal are all involved in dealing with deaths.

it was a lie
The evidence that makes it impossible is not strong enough to over-shadow national pride. The government can bribe the families of those not counted among the dead SA soldiers to shut their mouths up for the sake of shaming the nation military. We know South Africans are very sentimentally patriotic in nature. That I suspect is the right evidence to this shady incidence involving your soldiers in CAR.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 7:08pm On May 11, 2013
solomon111: This mbuisi guy is very funny.
I wonder where he get his fake news from.

Those were not fake news I watched those news on CNN and I even pasted aljazeera tabloid for everyone to read.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:12pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: The terrorists use rocket propelled grenades and anti-aircraft guns to try to overrun the barracks. You are underestimating the weapons use by Nigerian terrors, dude. If they are given the chance to fight SA soldier they will defeat them in a few period of time, maybe in 6 to 7 months time will be enough for them.

Where are the images of the autocanon, 30mm AGL and mortals. With this your statement it is clear either you are not stating fact or your government is not reporting correctly the numbers of soldiers killed by the rebels. There is no way those weapons are used in ambush and expect not to record huge death and casualties. There is something shady about SA report on this CAR attack.

200 light infantry could never take a battlion sized Base. The seleka had simlar wepaons and we killed 0ver 500 of them.

I am not in the mood to repost stuff for you. Why most of the solders where all hit at that time, with proper training you can get out the killzone fast, that is what was done.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:13pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: The evidence that makes it impossible is not strong enough to over-shadow national pride. The government can bribe the families of those not counted among the dead SA soldiers to shut their mouths up for the sake of shaming the nation military. We know South Africans are very sentimentally patriotic in nature. That I suspect is the right evidence to this shady incidence involving your soldiers in CAR.

you know just how many people revive that information, many who are anti government. It is impossible and only a fool will believe other wise
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 7:20pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: The evidence that makes it impossible is not strong enough to over-shadow national pride. The government can bribe the families of those not counted among the dead SA soldiers to shut their mouths up for the sake of shaming the nation military. We know South Africans are very sentimentally patriotic in nature. That I suspect is the right evidence to this shady incidence involving your soldiers in CAR.

Leave SA and CAR saga. SA were thousands of kilometres away from their country without any heavy artillery or Air support. Nigeria was defeated in their home soil where all their weaponry and armaments are situated/based. Their national security was dented severely.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.