Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,034 members, 7,903,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4493776 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:13pm On May 11, 2013
agaugust:

are you blind ? i quoted the very same source @homerac7 posted ! you did NOT quote, you wrote out in your own words twisted and lied to change the story. shame on you white man boer fraudster liar ! a disgrace to your colour and race

This is the source homerac7 posted

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/troops-lock-down-bama-after-boko-haram-attacks/

So don't call me a lie. I am not you. I don't misslead or lie.

I don't care if the army base was over run or not. 2 other nastional key points where. A poliece stastion and prisson. What if the enter point was to spring some one from that prison. That means the goverment forces lost.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by homerac7: 12:15pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

Can you even read. I posted a dirrect word for word quote from a source homerac7 posted.

I did not even give my opion on it. Just a direct quote.

fraud [frawd]
(plural frauds)
noun
1. crime of cheating somebody: the crime of obtaining money or some other benefit by deliberate deception
2. somebody who deceives: somebody who deliberately deceives somebody else, usually for financial gain
3. something intended to deceive: something that is intended to deceive people
a story that was subsequently exposed as a fraud

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Suspected members of Islamist sect, Boko Haram, on Tuesday, attacked Bama, Borno State, leaving 55 people dead, the Joint Military Task Force said on Tuesday.

The gunmen, according to Reuters, killed 22 police officers, 14 prison officials, two soldiers and four civilians, while 13 of the sect’s members died in the clash with the task force members.

Spokesman for the JTF, Sagir Musa, confirmed this to Reuters.

The suspected terrorists were said to have freed 105 prison inmates during the attack which reportedly began at around 5am.

The JTF, which took journalists to Bama to assess the damage caused by the terrorists, added that three children and one woman, were among those killed during the multiple attacks in the town.

Sources in the town claimed that about 300 suspected members of Boko Haram stormed the town, first attacking the 200 Tank Battallion, a military Barracks.

The suspected terrorists were, however, repelled by soldiers, who killed several insurgents who were forced to retreat with the corpses of their members.

They were unable to take away 10 of their members’ bodies.

One other member, who was injured, was tied to the stake when the JTF and journalists visited.

Bama’s police station, military barracks and government buildings were razed, an eyewitness in Bama said.

Bama is a small, remote town in northeastern Borno State, where Boko Haram first began its uprising in 2009.

Meanwhile, Senate Joint Committee investigating the Baga massacre on Tuesday visited Maiduguri, Borno State capital, en-route the site of the tragedy.

Our correspondent learnt that members of three standing committees of the Senate namely: Police Affairs, Defence, National Security and Intelligence, were in the state on a fact-finding mission.

The state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Inuwa Bwala, confirmed this in a telephone interview.

“Members of the committee are here. They just arrived Maiduguri. We are going into a meeting that is all I can tell you for now,” Bwala said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/55-killed-in-boko-haram-attack-on-bama/

Terrorists attack security formations
08 May 2013, 11:01
-
Most Read
70 illegal universities discovered in Nigeria
Obasanjo tells Jonathan off
ThisDay workers protest over salaries
Security agencies will not revenge killing of policemen in Nasarawa
Jonathan initiates probe of Mohammed Adoke
Related Stories
'Nigeria facing its worst security challenges '
Senator appeals for aid to Baga victims
25 killed, N9m stolen in Gashua attack

Maiduguri - The Joint Task Force (JTF) successfully repelled an attack by suspected Boko Haram terrorists on 202 Battalion Barracks in Bama, Borno on Tuesday morning, its spokesman, Lt.- Col. Sagir Musa, said.

Musa made the development known to newsmen in Bama, Bama Local Government Area of Borno

"About 200 suspected Boko Haram terrorists at about 5 a.m. on Tuesday arrived Bama in some 18-seater buses and Hilux vehicles mounted with anti-aircraft machine guns.

"They attempted to carry out an attack on 202 Battalion Barracks in Bama.

"The attacks were repelled and 10 terrorists were killed during the exchange of gunfire," Musa said.

He said that the military also lost two soldiers during the encounter.

He explained that the terrorists appeared in military uniforms pretending to be serving soldiers before they were identified.

"They came in army uniform pretending to be soldiers but we were able to detect them before they did any harm to us," he said.

Musa said that the terrorists divided themselves into groups with a group unleashing terror on the nearby Bama Prison, killing 14 officials.

"The terrorists killed 14 Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) and freed 105 inmates serving various jail terms," he said.

The terrorists also attacked the Bama Divisional Police Station, the Police Barracks as well as a local magistrate court and the local government secretariat.

The Police Divisional Officer, Alhaji Sagir Mohammed, told newsmen that the Divisional Police station and police barracks were set ablaze by the attackers in the early morning raid.

Mohammed said 22 policemen were killed in the attack, while three children and a woman were burnt to death in one of the apartments attacked by the terrorists.

Mohammed said that the police also shot dead three of the attackers.

"We were able to kill three of the invaders during the attack," he said.

- NAN

http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/Terrorists-attack-security-formations-20130508

Andrewza = FRAUD ....Proved! angry

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2013
What I find very amazing is that Aguagua is trying to cover up something that he cannot hide. Everybody in the planet knows that Nigeria with their most powerful army that never lost in any war(source needed) has the most vulnerable security in the continent. Kenya with all its weak army will never allow what has happened in Naija recently to materialise and I hope SA will never do that. Admit it, the whole of Africa knows about it, from Egypt, Cameroon, Uganda, Angola to Zimbabwe.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:25pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:
This is the source homerac7 posted
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/troops-lock-down-bama-after-boko-haram-attacks/
So don't call me a lie. I am not you. I don't misslead or lie.
I don't care if the army base was over run or not. 2 other nastional key points where. A poliece stastion and prisson. What if the enter point was to spring some one from that prison. That means the goverment forces lost.

@homerac7 posted 2 sources, and BOTH 2 sources say 2 nigerian army soldiers died, 13 b.oko h.aram fighters died.

nigerian army won the battle as usual and always, b.oko h.aram ran away like south african army from seleka rebels.

in war, the winner is the man that stays in control of the battle ground after the enemy runs away. did you complete military school ?

government forces does NOT include police and prison warders, they are services NOT forces, nigeria police service, nigerian prison service. they are few in number usually about 10 men on duty at a time, and the B.oko H.aram was 200 fighters with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades. police and prison warders were NOT in the same location as the army, they were on their own far away. nigerian police and prison services do NOT have machine guns and rocket propelled grenades.

police and prison get jail breaks all over the world, even here in america. police is police, army is army. or in your military academy they told you that you and police are the same equal ? does your brain box function ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 11, 2013
Mbuisi: What I find very amazing is that Aguagua is trying to cover up something that he cannot hide. Everybody in the planet knows that Nigeria with their most powerful army that never lost in any war(source needed) has the most vulnerable security in the continent. Kenya with all its weak army will never allow what has happened in Naija recently to materialise and I hope SA will never do that. Admit it, the whole of Africa knows about it, from Egypt, Cameroon, Uganda, Angola to Zimbabwe.

Nigerian/Nigeria must really explain us how and why they haven't been able to tackle Bokoharam so far, I mean Nigerian army is a force to b recognized, but I find this failure difficult to swallow, esp when the Bokoharam issue is a threat to the stability of the whole west African region, not only economically, but also in term of population control and mass immigration
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 12:37pm On May 11, 2013
Agua its only fools that you will convince about the invincibility of the Nigerian army in Africa. We all know how did they lost in the Biafran battle and the rest of Africa knows. Generally the Nigerian forces have never been involved in a high intensity battle and throughout Nigeria has always been involved in this rebel/civil war on the low scale. I doubt that Nigeria will even manage to defeat Kenya. Recently we've bought much better weapons than Nigeria and that will be adequate to stop the tired Nigerian armies who have been fighting this low intensity battle ever since the establishment of Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:43pm On May 11, 2013

Nigerian Army defeats 200 B.oko H.aram a.ttackers,

Reuters News Report

Suspected members of Islamist sect, Boko Haram, on Tuesday, attacked Bama, Borno State, leaving 55 people dead, the Joint Military Task Force said on Tuesday.

The gunmen, according to Reuters, killed 22 police officers, 14 prison officials, and 4 civilians.

"According to Reuters, only 2 soldiers died, while 13 of the sect’s members were killed in the clash with the army task force members."

The suspected terrorists were said to have freed 105 prison inmates during the attack which reportedly began at around 5am.

The JTF, which took journalists to Bama to assess the damage caused by the terrorists, added that three children and one woman, were among those killed during the multiple attacks in the town.

Sources in the town claimed that about 300 suspected members of Boko Haram stormed the town, first attacking the 200 Tank Battallion, a military Barracks.

The suspected terrorists were, however, repelled by soldiers, who killed several insurgents who were forced to retreat with the corpses of their members.

One other member, who was injured, was tied to the stake when the JTF and journalists visited.

weblink source

http://www.punchng.com/news/55-killed-in-boko-haram-attack-on-bama/[/b]

photos showed that the Boko Haram could NOT even enter the gates of the nigeria army barracks, the were all killed at the gates by army guards and the terrorists ran away, not even able to carry their dead members, and one was captured alive and tied to a tree by the army. all photos below...

B.oko H.aram fighters vehicles destroyed by nigerian army at the barracks gate,the terrorists could NOT enter the gates of nigerian army barracks. the army guards were very good sharp shooters, and the terrorits had to flee away

[img]http://media.indiatimes.in/media/content/2013/May/nigeria_1368000886_540x540.jpg[/img]

B.oko H.aram fighter captured at the nigerian army barracks gates, tied to a tree for his terrorism crime

B.oko H.aram terrorists fighters weapons and dead bodies K.illed by nigerian army guards at the army barracks gate. the the nigerian army barracks remained clean and safe as the terrorists could not enter due to the nigerian army guards excellent sharp shooting skills.

[img]http://en.tengrinews.kz/userdata/news_en/news_19245/thumb_b/photo_28263.jpg[/img]

@andrewza proved to be a liar and fraudster again, scamster white man boer crook.

@mbuisi also disgraced as a new member of the liar fraudster club with headquarters in johannesburg

south africans are desperately looking for the downfall of nigerian army in a battle, to retaliate for the widely published defeat of south african army by Seleka teenage rebels in CAR, but they will never find one, motto of nigerian army says "VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE", nigerian army has never lost any battle, it is God given destiny to us like the Israeli army, so shame to all our enemies in south africa !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 11, 2013
I have a question tho, do you guys know their manpower? I mean how many Bokoharam/terrorists officially?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:47pm On May 11, 2013
200 b.oko h.aram fighters armed with assault rifes, machine guns, rocket propelled grenades. nigerian army roasted them for shooting practice as usual, so the terrorists ran away to avoid going to hellfire before the normal time.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Nigerian/Nigeria must really explain us how and why they haven't been able to tackle Bokoharam so far, I mean Nigerian army is a force to b recognized, but I find this failure difficult to swallow, esp when the Bokoharam issue is a threat to the stability of the whole west African region, not only economically, but also in term of population control and mass immigration

They must just swallow their pride and ask for a foreign help to tackle their problems, because seemingly is gonna take them the whole century to fight Boko Haram. In history they have also lost the battle against Cameroon and painted your country in black. I fail to understand people who continue to praise a dog without teeth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 11, 2013
agaugust: 200 b.oko h.aram fighters armed with assault rifes, machine guns, rocket propelled grenades. nigerian army roasted them for shooting practice as usual, so the terrorists ran away to avoid going to hellfire before the normal time.
if you are replying to me, I'm asking the number of the whole group
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:58pm On May 11, 2013
agaugust:

@homerac7 posted 2 sources, and BOTH 2 sources say 2 nigerian army soldiers died, 13 b.oko h.aram fighters died.

nigerian army won the battle as usual and always, b.oko h.aram ran away like south african army from seleka rebels.

in war, the winner is the man that stays in control of the battle groung after the enemy runs away. did you complete military school ?

government forces does NOT include police and prison warders, they are services NOT forces, nigeria police service, nigerian prison service. they are few in number usually about 10 men on duty at a time, and the B.oko H.aram was 200 fighters with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades. nigerian police and prison services do NOT have machine guns and rocket propelled grenades.

police and prison get jail breaks all over the world, even here in america. police isn police, army is army. or in your military academy they told you that you and police are the same equal ? does your brain box function ?

Where did I say more than 2 solders died?

That just more proof you don't work in the defense industry. You only see one tracked though of what a victory is. In a raide, dissrubsion, interdicstion, harrasment, extra extra holding ground is not the objective. 200 solders would not have been able to hold the town, making it seem more like this was a raide. And since they where able to get in, inflicted losses and get out. BH won.

Confirm they are armend and trained to use there firearms. And they part of the secruity servises same has the army. In war a armend cop is a legal target. They part of the sytem fighting BH has well and BH prisoners are held in jails. So yes they fall under the goverment forces that fought BH in this attack.

Yes but not 104 all at the same time.

Poliece have a roll to play in the rear area during war. And are all ways the leading branch to play during peace times. SANDF solders don't even have power of arrest.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:00pm On May 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

British army and police on British territory took 30 years to end deadly public attacks in london and ireland from IRA religion rebels, thousands of civilians died.

Russia has NOT ended attacks from Chechen Islamist rebels.

America was attacked again last month by Islamist terrorists in Boston city 5 killed 107 wounded.

those 3 countries above are among the most powerful 5 military force in the world. did they give you any explanation ?
yes. the terrorists are resident in the same towns and cities with ordinary civilians, and do work/trade for a living. they are harmless civilians in the day, but transform into armed terrorists at night within few minutes.

no army in the world can detect them unless you use spiritual magical powers.

i guess you are smart enough to know that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 1:02pm On May 11, 2013
agaugust: .

Nigerian Army defeats 200 B.oko H.aram a.ttackers,

Reuters News Report

The gunmen, according to Reuters, killed 22 police officers, 14 prison officials, and 4 civilians.

"According to Reuters, only 2 soldiers died, while 13 of the sect’s members were killed in the clash with the army task force members."

weblink source

http://www.punchng.com/news/55-killed-in-boko-haram-attack-on-bama/[/b]

photos showed that the Boko Haram could NOT even enter the gates of the nigeria army barracks, the were all killed at the gates by army guards and the terrorists ran away, not even able to carry their dead members, and one was captured alive and tied to a tree by the army. all photos below...

B.oko H.aram fighters vehicles destroyed by nigerian army at the barracks gate,the terrorists could NOT enter the gates of nigerian army barracks. the army guards were very good sharp shooters, and the terrorits had to flee away

[img]http://media.indiatimes.in/media/content/2013/May/nigeria_1368000886_540x540.jpg[/img]

B.oko H.aram fighter captured at the nigerian army barracks gates, tied to a tree for his terrorism crime

B.oko H.aram terrorists fighters weapons and dead bodies K.illed by nigerian army guards at the army barracks gate. the the nigerian army barracks remained clean and safe as the terrorists could not enter due to the nigerian army guards excellent sharp shooting skills.

[img]http://en.tengrinews.kz/userdata/news_en/news_19245/thumb_b/photo_28263.jpg[/img]

@andrewza proved to be a liar and fraudster again, scamster white man boer crook.

@mbuisi also disgraced as a new member of the liar fraudster club with headquarters in johannesburg

south africans are desperately looking for the downfall of nigerian army in a battle, to retaliate for the widely published defeat of south african army by Seleka teenage rebels in CAR, but they will never find one, motto of nigerian army says "VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE", nigerian army has never lost any battle, it is God given destiny to us like the Israeli army, so shame to all our enemies in south africa !

Its not difficult to just swallow bitter pill (pride) and be healed from all your fevers(problems). Stop pointing fingers to SA accusing them of being jealous, there is nothing that SA will be jealous of about Nigeria. Stop deceiving youself and face the facts.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:09pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

Where did I say more than 2 solders died?

That just more proof you don't work in the defense industry. You only see one tracked though of what a victory is. In a raide, dissrubsion, interdicstion, harrasment, extra extra holding ground is not the objective. 200 solders would not have been able to hold the town, making it seem more like this was a raide. And since they where able to get in, inflicted losses and get out. BH won.

south african army entered CAR, k.illed some Seleka rebels, ran away back to airport, then to south africa...does that make you win the battle ? does your brain work ?

islamist guerrillas still attack american army and run away in iraq and afghanistan, does it mean the islamists won the battles ? have you read any military textbooks before ? or you read only military food/menu books for chefs/cooks ?

i am sure you scored poor marks in military school. the forces that hold the ground and stay is the winner. no military academy courses say that in guerrilla warfare, the guerrilla fighters won the battle every time they attack and run away again. whose flag is flying on the territory ? do you know the first sign of victory in war ? the winner hoist his flag on the battle land.

@andrewza, again i think you are a cook/chef in south african navy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 1:11pm On May 11, 2013
agaugust:

British army and police on British territory took 30 years to end deadly public attacks in london and ireland from IRA religion rebels, thousands of civilians died.

Russia has NOT ended attacks from Chechen Islamist rebels.

America was attacked again last month by Islamist terrorists in Boston city 5 killed 107 wounded.

those 3 countries above are among the most powerful 5 military force in the world. did they give you any explanation ?
yes. the terrorists are resident in the same towns and cities with ordinary civilians, and do work/trade for a living. they are harmless civilians in the day, but transform into armed terrorists at night within few minutes.

no army in the world can detect them unless you use spiritual magical powers.

i guess you are smart enough to know that.

You don't make sense and what is your bone of contention?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:13pm On May 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: if you are replying to me, I'm asking the number of the whole group

B.oko H.aram is also a secret cult, with oaths of secrecy, nobody ever comes out in public to say he is a member. total number cannot be known. also, any young man in an Islamic school can be religiously brainwashed to become a member overnight. no army in the world has every stopped people from freely joining a secret cult of terrorists.

you can become one too if you wish, b.oko h.aram is also in cameroon, they kidnapped a french family some months ago. you can be a full member today if you wish, no registration fee payment required. lol grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 1:49pm On May 11, 2013
Military installations are supposed to be sacred places. Now of recent it was a big issue in SA when a private plane landed in one of their military installations. South Africans were sick to their bones that such a landing had a potential of penetrating their national security and it made international news headlines. Now its different when your enemy attacks you right in one of your military installation. That what we call national security penetration of the highest order not to mention/ let alone the hijacking of the prison and police station. The enemy must atleast have a little respect for your military installations and rather attack people on the street. I mean they have no any fear of your purported strongest army on the continent.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 2:20pm On May 11, 2013
agaugust:

in war, the winner is the man that stays in control of the battle groung after the enemy runs away. did you complete military school ?

government forces does NOT include police and prison warders, they are services NOT forces, nigeria police service, nigerian prison service. they are few in number usually about 10 men on duty at a time, and the B.oko H.aram was 200 fighters with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades. police and prison warders were NOT in the same location as the army, they were on their own far away. nigerian police and prison services do NOT have machine guns and rocket propelled grenades.

police and prison get jail breaks all over the world, even here in america. police isn police, army is army. or in your military academy they told you that you and police are the same equal ? does your brain box function ?

Both the police and prisons in Nigeria have been militarised. They use the army rank structure, so what is your point?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 2:31pm On May 11, 2013
agaugust:

I really pity the woman that gave birth to you. grin

The truth hurts!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:41pm On May 11, 2013
agaugust:

south african army entered CAR, k.illed some Seleka rebels, ran away back to airport, then to south africa...does that make you win the battle ? does your brain work ?

i am sure you scored poor marks in military school. the forces that hold the ground and stay is the winner. no military academy courses say that in guerrilla warfare, the guerrilla fighters won the battle every time they attack and run away again. whose flag is flying on the territory ? do you know the first sign of victory in war ? the winner hoist his flag on the battle land.

@andrewza, again i think you are a cook/chef in south african navy.

There mission was to protected thetraining team and equipment. That was completed. In a sense it was a succses.

No not every raid is successfull. But it can not be messured in ground held.

Even wining a battel can b seen has a losses if it leads to lossinh a war. It clear you don't know what you talking about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 11, 2013
sithwell:

1. Of course you are not speaking the same language. I am saying if you want to speak the same language, then you need to compare apples with apples.

2. @snydergp says the Cameroonian economy is controlled by foreign white people.

3. In response to that, you are telling us that South Africa is also controlled by white people.

4. You then say that 2 and 3 are the same, so @snydergp should look at his own backyard first.

5, But 2 and 3 aren't the same. @Snydergp is talking about the foreign white control in Cameroon. Pointing out SA's local white "control" does not address @syndergp's argument.

6. Compare apples with apples and tell us whether SA is controlled by white foreigners or at least, tell us that Cameroon isn't.

7. If you can't, then there's nothing to correct in what @Snydergp has said.
Lol... I like your logic. It is clear not all logic represents reality on ground. That is why this your list of statements will never achieved any good aim, in the sense what you want your comment to show here. The animosity and history behind race in your society have proven to us times without number White South Africans tend to differentiate themselves from blacks. And, conditions of how blacks are treated in your society, that is even far worse than the way Cameroonians are treated by your FOREIGN whites assertion. This over-preoccupation with your so called SA whites(whose huge population fled THEIR country after Apartheid) is an evidence of your Marakina incidence because those mines are owned by white people. I know you are fond of using logic which is not reality of what is happening on ground. So, I would rather go for reality than logic in this case.

Sydnergy is totally wrong going about Cameroonians economy is controlled by white foreigners, which is not even true at all. That you cannot see to be demanding your research to prove beyond reasonable doubt to all of us here that Cameroonian economy is actually controlled by FOREIGNERS. Whereas your economy activities are largely foreign owned and controlled, From manufacturing to servicing.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 11, 2013
Mbuisi:

On the same token Nigerian Army is overrated. They suffered the most embarrassing moment of the worst order in their home soil. Soldiers can lose the war thousands of kilometres away from the borders of their country, surely that is understandable, but not in their backyard. It is very heart throbbing to point it out to you that now recently somewhere around this week, Nigerian militants were sent packing right in their barracks by just about 200 heavily armed insurgents. The insurgents proceeded on with their offensive and burn the army barracks, police station and hijack the prison where they even freed over hundred prisoners. What does that tell you? The Nigerian national security is badly dented and surely, no matter how poor Kenya may be, that will never happen in our home soil, including in SA. Your home must be the place where you rule with an iron fist.
Nigerian military has been put to test in some warring countries unlike SA without good war experiences. The CAR peace keeping force that is supposed to put things in perspective to better understand your country military prowess failed to do just that. They were chased out of the area by young rebel fighters. So, Nigeria is not overrated as SA.

I don't know where you are getting your information or news from. But mentioning Barracks in your state is very erroneous. I don't think you know what that really means before coming here to prove your points. Stating that it is barracks discredit your argument and people will quickly see your error and what you choose to believe.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:32pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: Nigerian military has been put to test in some warring countries unlike SA without good war experiences. The CAR peace keeping force that is supposed to put things in perspective to better understand your country military prowess failed to do just that. They were chased out of the area by young rebel fighters. So, Nigeria is not overrated as SA.

I don't know where you are getting your information or news from. But mentioning Barracks in your state is very erroneous. I don't think you know what that really means before coming here to prove your points. Stating that it is barracks discredit your argument and people will quickly see your error and what you choose to believe.

What war zone has nigeria been in, in the last 20 years.

The mission in CAR was not peacekeeping. Nor where we chased out. We never left under fire and we remaind in country for some time after the battel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 11, 2013
andrewza:

What war zone has nigeria been in, in the last 20 years.

The mission in CAR was not peacekeeping. Nor where we chased out. We never left under fire and we remaind in country for some time after the battel.
Nigerian army has been tested in Liberia, Sierra Leon, Sudan, etc and now in Mali. Our military has consistently be fighting for the rights of Africans as well as the world by engaging in reputable fights around the world in the past and present.

I thought your mission in CAR was to keep peace and make the present government to remain in the hem of affairs. I never even knew the situation was worse as to going there for war. It is sad they lost. To the point of correction, I didn't say they where chased out of CAR but the area where they had fight with the rebels. It was more of a defeat to your military than win.

Thank you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 4:46pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: Nigerian military has been put to test in some warring countries unlike SA without good war experiences. The CAR peace keeping force that is supposed to put things in perspective to better understand your country military prowess failed to do just that. They were chased out of the area by young rebel fighters. So, Nigeria is not overrated as SA.

Nobody will ever convince me about propaganda. Army barracks is where soldiers live and it does not need to elaborate it further because it made the international news headlines and I could clearly see those images of your vandalised government property.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:55pm On May 11, 2013
all4naija: Nigerian army has been tested in Liberia, Sierra Leon, Sudan, etc and now in Mali. Our military has consistently be fighting for the rights of Africans as well as the world by engaging in reputable fights around the world in the past and present.

I thought your mission in CAR was to keep peace and make the present government to remain in the hem of affairs. I never even knew the situation was worse as to going there for war. It is sad they lost. To the point of correction, I didn't say they where chased out of CAR but the area where they had fight with the rebels. It was more of a defeat to your military than win.

Thank you.

So civil wars. Not one convensnail war. Nigeria has never had there all there radios been jamed(somthing SA can do) or have there C2 sytems target by pression strikes, fight mechnized forces extra extra.

There mission was to protected a training team and the greater area around them. The regional peacekeeping force was there to keep the peace.

SA did have a plan to defend the city, but it depended on both CAR and the peackeepers providing the core force.

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.