Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,561 members, 7,923,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 05:41 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4504674 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Let's leave that for reality and not for your fantasy trips! cool cool

It's happening already. It's reality today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust: .

[size=16pt]south african military not rated on african capacity list

.............says south african research institute [/size]

http://www.bdlive.co.za/africa/africannews/2013/05/30/news-analysis-doubt-over-aus-stop-gap-intervention-force

Solomon Ayele Dersso, senior researcher on conflict prevention at South Africa’s Institute for Security Studies, said the emergency force could work since the troops for it would be volunteered by member states with proven military capacity, instead of trying to include soldiers from every member state, as the full standby brigade proposes.

"One thing that’s different about the new force … is that it will be based on the principle of military capacity," he said.
He cited Nigeria, Ethiopia, Chad and Kenya as states that have proven their military capacity over the past 18 months or so.

"It’s nice to say all member states are equal, but we live in an Orwellian world where some states are more equal than others ... and not all are in a position to make a contribution to peace and security", Mr Dersso said.

Who has the strongest military in Africa after Egypt ? read above...Nigeria is 2nd, REthiopia is Third

source of ranking :

Research report from South Africa’s Institute for Security Studies

http://www.bdlive.co.za/africa/africannews/2013/05/30/news-analysis-doubt-over-aus-stop-gap-intervention-force

Your fake Nigerian 100% brain capacity failed to grasp just that small news tabloid. The proposal for the establishment of a Rapid Response force was a South African initiative to have the response force which will rapidly be used to address to the crisis in the continent. That proposal was tabled by Zuma before the AU, because of Nigerias failure to respond rapidly to the Mali crises.

However, Solomon Ayele Dersso above from SA which has already made itself available to join the force, he cited Nigeria, Ethiopia and Kenya as military that has capacity to contribute troops into this envisaged force. Did you expected him to name South Africa if is SA which brought about this idea?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
CraigB:

Oh really? We did? All of us? Condescending?

Rubbish. You has a chip on your shoulder, clearly. Inferiority complex much? I wonder why...? grin

What happened was that Naai-gerian said south africa was the one. That hurt you losers.

Then there was Thiza, who simply posted pictures.

The pictures hurt also hurt you all.

You then decided to derail matters by going off on a tangent about South Africa. Seeing as you couldn't deal with Thiza's pics.

This derailment approach has continued until today.

South Africans merely responded to it. And in the process, South Africans have showed you up.

Always playing yourself to the superiority/inferiority game! Derailing experts like you pointing accusing fingers at me? Unfortunately Kapsch came up at Mike..ZA's prompting only for you to reveal further that your businessmen and contractors are sellouts. You came trying to play-up your inferiority complex games with Nigeria and the rest of Africa and got the shocking responses of your lives! I dare to say here that you all are a bunch of delusional people day in and day out. grin grin Enjoy your fascination with Nairaland and everything else that is Nigerian shocked shocked
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
South Africa is the country which proposed the establishment of Rapid Response Force for AU and made itself available for such an initiative. However, they were looking for countries which can as well join arms by contributing troops, most particularly Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc.

grin grin grin

The power of a 33% brain capacity.

Agaugust disgraced himself so badly tonight!!!! I hope Naijapindish is as well ashamed. Blunder Bra!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
CraigB: .

It's happening already. It's reality today.

Apparently your "reality" needs a serious awakening! grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Always playing yourself to the superiority/inferiority game! Derailing experts like you pointing accusing fingers at me? Unfortunately Kapsch came up at Mike..ZA's prompting only for you to reveal further that your businessmen and contractors are sellouts. You came trying to play-up your inferiority complex games with Nigeria and the rest of Africa and got the shocking responses of your lives! I dare to say here that you all are a bunch of delusional people day in and day out. grin grin Enjoy your fascination with Nairaland and everythingese that is Nigerian shocked shocked

Er, but South Africa is superior...

Is that even up for debate?

More like everything South African is what I'm fascinated with. Same for all South Africans on this thread.

You on the other hand have specifically admitted that you are consumed by South Africa. Not only do you live in it, but you've also dedicated your whole online existence to talking about South Africa.

Not only that, your "professional" (read hustling) existence is tied to South Africa, you say.

I shake my head and wonder what I'm gonna have for breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza: South Africa is the country which proposed the establishment of Rapid Response Force for AU and made itself available for such an initiative. However, they were looking for countries which can as well join arms by contributing troops, most particularly Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc.

grin grin grin

Agaugust disgraced himself so badly tonight!!!! I hope Naijapindish is as well ashamed. Blunder Bra!!!

He's supposed to be a "resesha". He knows nothing. Fake, fake, fake.

SMH.

Enjoy your time playing with the monkeys in the zoo.

I'm off to get my day started.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Apparently your "reality" needs a serious awakening! grin grin grin

Naijapindish, could you please help your friend @Agaugust who claims that SA is not listed on African capacity list. I mean, everybody knows that South Africa has been deploying troops across Africa in the last 18 years, so how does it come that they do not have such capacity? grin grin grin

Please help your brother who is sinking in the pool of ignorance. SA proposed the plan for the establishment of Rapid Response Force and now they were looking for possible partners in arms. They however saw capacity in Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc, so now all of the sudden SA is not listed according to your fellow countryman. grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

[s]Your fake Nigerian 100% brain capacity failed to grasp just that small news tabloid. The proposal for the establishment of a Rapid Response force was a South African initiative to have the response force which will rapidly be used to address to the crisis in the continent. That proposal was tabled by Zuma before the AU, because of Nigerias failure to respond rapidly to the Mali crises.[/s]

However, Solomon Ayele Dersso above from SA which has already made itself available to join the force, he cited Nigeria, Ethiopia and Kenya as military that has capacity to contribute troops into this envisaged force. Did you expected him to name South Africa if is SA which brought about this idea?

You are now digressing again and talking nonsense. Don't let me embarrass you on this issue! lipsrsealed I am restrained.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

Your fake Nigerian 100% brain capacity failed to grasp just that small news tabloid. The proposal for the establishment of a Rapid Response force was a South African initiative to have the response force which will rapidly be used to address to the crisis in the continent. That proposal was tabled by Zuma before the AU, because of Nigerias failure to respond rapidly to the Mali crises.

West Africa and North Africa Called for African High Command Military Intervention Force Over Ten Years Ago

http://www.modernghana.com/news/112401/1/international-dilatory-rhetoric-on-liberia-a-call-.html

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2012-08-14-standing-by-to-standby-the-african-peacekeeping-force-with-more-problems-than-solutions/#.Uf55TZLvsbg

QUOTE :

"The idea of a pan-African military force goes back a long way. Kwame Nkrumah, the father of pan-Africanism himself, envisaged an African High Command to prevent foreign intervention and help liberation movements wage wars against colonial governments.

More recently, Muammar Gaddafi proposed an African Army, offering to equip and house the army in purpose-built barracks in his hometown of Sirte.

In place of the African Army, the African Union came up with something else: the African Standby Force (ASF). The idea was that Africa needed to have some kind of military force on standby to intervene before situations could spiral out of control; to avoid situations like Rwanda in 1994, where decisive and early military intervention might have saved millions of lives. Think of the ASF as firefighters, ready and waiting to be dispatched to put out whatever conflagration is threatening the continent and its people.

This wouldn’t be a standing army, or even a permanent battalion under AU control, as suggested by the committee tasked with addressing the issue. In 2003, when the ASF was formalized, countries were still too scared of letting the Commission in Addis Ababa command its own firepower.

Instead, personnel would be drawn as needed from one of five standby lists drawn up by each of the AU’s five regions. On each list would be 60 civilians, 720 police officers and 5,000 armed forces personnel (army, navy and air force). Each region and its list would be on standby for six months at a time, making it less likely that one region would have to deal with multiple conflicts at once. A central planning office in Addis would coordinate among the regions."

contrary to some shameless lies by a south african 'mental case' on this forum, saying that south african military is already part of this brigade....fact is that the brigade has not even been formed yet. grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

Naijapindish, could you please help your friend @Agaugust who claims that SA is not listed on African capacity list. I mean, everybody knows that South Africa has been deploying troops across Africa in the last 18 years, so how does it come that they do not have such capacity? grin grin grin

Please help your brother who is sinking in the pool of ignorance. SA proposed the plan for the establishment of Rapid Response Force and now they were looking for possible partners in arms. They however saw capacity in Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc, so now all of the sudden SA is not listed according to your fellow countryman. grin grin

Please point out the inaccuracies or misrepresentations you claim he has made! Let's debate!!! grin grin If you can!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
CraigB:

He's supposed to be a "resesha". He knows nothing. Fake, fake, fake.

SMH.

Enjoy your time playing with the monkeys in the zoo.

I'm off to get my day started.

Their failure to respond rapidly to Mali crisis is the reason behind the establishment of Rapid Response Force. AU was criticised badly and Zuma could not take it in order to save the face of his former wife NKosazana Zuma.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

[s]Their failure to respond rapidly to Mali crisis is the reason behind the establishment of Rapid Response Force.[/s] AU was criticised badly and Zuma could not take it in order to save the face of his former wife NKosazana Zuma.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

south african military can only join that african military capacity force by :

1. bribery like SAAB Gripen Jet case
2. donation of large chunk of operational funds
3. gate-crashing through through front door
4. jumping fence through the back door
5. lobby for second rate list of those who failed to make the first list based on merit.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza: South Africa is the country which proposed the establishment of Rapid Response Force for AU and made itself available for such an initiative. However, they were looking for countries which can as well join arms by contributing troops, most particularly Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc.

grin grin grin

If only you could handle African history by doing proper research ... only then will your mind and brain be liberated!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust:

south african military can only join that african military capacity force by :

1. bribery like SAAB Gripen Jet case
2. donation of large chunk of operational funds
3. gate-crashing through through front door
4. jumping fence through the back door
5. lobby for second rate list of those who failed to make the first list based on merit.

Just accept that you are beaten, South Africa does not join, they are the founders of the brigade. grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2013

African war refugees...waiting for the AU to save their souls from wars that have no quick end

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=NaijaPikinGidi][/quote]

It doesn't matter how you scratch it off, the truth hurts. The reason for the establishment of that brigade is known by you and as for me, check below!

I have Mali on my mind. grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
CraigB:

Er, but South Africa is superior...

Is that even up for debate?

More like everything South African is what I'm fascinated with. Same for all South Africans on this thread.

You on the other hand have specifically admitted that you are consumed by South Africa. Not only do you live in it, but you've also dedicated your whole online existence to talking about South Africa.

Not only that, your "professional" (read hustling) existence is tied to South Africa, you say.

I shake my head and wonder what I'm gonna have for breakfast.

Where you born wearing a condom? Real blockhead grin grin grin Would I be right to say because you are consumed and fascinated about Nigeria you therefore live in Nigeria? grin Help yourself by keeping some level of sanity over my whereabouts! My offer to anyone of you still stands! I touch down this month in SA for a week and will be at the Thaba Tshwane Officers Mess sometime inbetween to offer free beers to anyone bold enough to show up grin grin.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

It doesn't matter how you scratch it off, the truth hurts. The reason for the establishment of that brigade is known by you and as for me, check below!

Respond to the facts provided by Agaugust! Stop rambling about when you can read and be schooled by him shocked shocked He has factually rebutted the same lines I struckthrough. So cry us River Limpopo!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

tell the world that both france and nigeria failed in mali....both nations are pulling out grin pick a dictionary and check out the meaning of the word 'failure'and then drink a cupful of sulphuric acid because envy k.ills

France's Military begin Mali withdrawal completely...'defeated' together with Nigerian Military in a failed mission according to south africans' 33% Brains.

http://issakaadams./2013/05/

France's army vehicles pictured as seen withdrawing out of Mali now into Ivory Coast

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust:

tell the world that both france and nigeria failed in mali....both nations are pulling out grin pick a dictionary and check out the meaning of the word 'failure'and then drink a cupful of sulphuric acid because envy k.ills

France's Military begin Mali withdrawal completely...'defeated' together with Nigerian Military in a failed mission according to south africans' 33% Brains.

France's army vehicles pictured as seen travelling out of Mali into Ivory Coast

The french had to come from thousands of miles away to intervene, while your fat generals were warming their back side in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

Just accept that you are beaten, South Africa does not join, they are the founders of the brigade. grin grin grin

What did SA find/found? I'll be happy to know when and how? I'd also be glad to remind you of Zuma's sudden visit to President Jonathan in Nigeria where he made certain requests to President Jonathan prior to AU's 50th Anniversary! Nigeria is the key ingredient in the glue that holds Africa together! shocked shocked SA is a latecomer!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
You only pitched up in Mali when France already cleared the area. You cowards!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

The french had to come from thousands of miles away to intervene, while your fat generals were warming back side in Nigeria.

France has permanent military intervention force and bases in all former french colonies in west africa since over 60 years ago, that was the reason they were the first to fight in mali.

Nigeria has semi-permanent/long term military intervention force and military bases in all volatile former british colonies of west africa since over 20 years ago doing the hard job Britain's military refused to do like France if doing so well.

Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia.

Nigeria is the 'Great Britain' of west africa.....drink second cup of sulphuric acid if you are still breathing

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

What did SA find/found? I'll be happy to know when and how? I'd also be glad to remind you of Zuma's sudden visit to President Jonathan in Nigeria where he made certain requests to President Jonathan prior to AU's 50th Anniversary! Nigeria is the key ingredient in the glue that holds Africa together! shocked shocked SA is a latecomer!

Zuma loves her ex wife who is the head of AU and would not take failures of Nigerian Army to spoil the AU's successes, hence he came with the plan.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust:

France's army vehicles pictured as seen withdrawing out of Mali now into Ivory Coast

The French are the true winners of Mali mission and the biggest losers are Nigerians. grin grin

MR "SA is not on the list" grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

Zuma loves her ex wife who is the head of AU and would not take failures of Nigerian Army to spoil the AU's successes, hence he came with the plan.

you just dey yarn opata for here grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

The French are the true winners of Mali mission and the biggest losers are Nigerians. grin grin

do you even have the moral justification to talk about military and strategic failures? SA is the master of failure in both
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:
MR "SA is not on the list" grin grin

where has SA ever brought peace to in Africa? of course you can't be in the list of peace enforcers cos your military need to learn to fight first.

SANDF had to travel to train in Brazil just to fight rebels in a mission that's not theirs alone. shame undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

where has SA ever brought peace to in Africa? of course you can't be in the list of peace enforcers cos your military need to learn to fight first.

SANDF had to travel to train in Brazil just to fight rebels in a mission that's not theirs alone. shame undecided

DRC, Burundi, Sudan, etc
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

DRC, Burundi, Sudan, etc

dumbo.. direct military intervention. not some UN blue beret honeymoon trip.

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.