Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,946 members, 7,980,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 01:40 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4546595 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust: .

African war refugees...waiting for the AU to save their souls from wars that have no quick end

You need to stop lying about the pictures that you post here.

This is just public transportation in the Western Sahar - Morocco, According to Tumblr.

These are not refugees. Your "fakeness" is not cute.

http://speckyboy.com/2012/06/14/inspiring-powerful-documentary-photography/

http://pixdaus.com/western-sahara-public-transportation-sahara-marocco-transpor/items/view/44386/

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/western%20sahara
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

dumbo.. direct military intervention. not some UN blue beret honeymoon trip.
lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

DRC, Burundi, Sudan, etc

south africa has no big military achievment in africa.

Burundi was a piece of cake because the warring sides did not attack south african army like Seleka did. they agreed to ceasfire easily. try that with charles taylor or jonas savimbi.

DRC has no peace yet. Sudan nigerian army was first to land in the north war in Dafur and we stopped the R.ape and G.enocide againt black sudanese by half-arabs sudanese. Nigerian soldiers were attacked at night, some died but we did not run away like south africa in CAR.

South sudan independence from North sudan was AU peace committee of several nations including Nigeria, south africa only has committee chairmanship vested in Thabo Mbeki.

dont steal other nations glosry and give to your 'desperate for recognition' south africa. sharaaap !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
CraigB:

You need to stop lying about the pictures that you post here.

This is just public transportation in the Western Sahar - Morocco, According to Tumblr.

These are not refugees. Your "fakeness" is not cute.

http://pixdaus.com/western-sahara-public-transportation-sahara-marocco-transpor/items/view/44386/

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/western%20sahara

i dont like to waste my time with you, but let me advise you to get sangoma herbalist help to upgrade your brain from amphibious stage to mammalian stage, you clearly missed one stage in the evolution cycle.

one unknown clueless half witted photographer wrote lines that you read and swallow, you cannot use your b.rain better than his.

polisario liberation front fought a very long war of independence in western sahara against morroco's military.

you cannot generate any creative, informative, and educated comment/post on this thread, you w.aste away valuable hours your young life sniffing around other people's posts/comments looking for something to a.ttack

public transport...public inside the dry vast sandy desert ? public in the streets of sand and no roads no houses anywhere ?

public people in ordinary transport...moving all their life's belongings and properties including their beds/mattresses...?

you are product of a misled s.perm that was fired at the wrong egg

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust:
DRC has no peace yet. Sudan nigerian army was first to land in the north war in Dafur and we stopped the R.ape and G.enocide againt black sudanese by half-arabs sudanese. Nigerian soldiers were attacked at night, some died but we did not run away like south africa in CAR.

i know a soldier who was part of the company that was ambushed that night. the guy told me that was the day Sudan became fearful of Nigeria. said they defended their base against thousands of Sudanese backed militias and still held the base. that's bravery

but SANDF will always have excuse for their failures and will continue to fail until we retrain them.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust:

one unknown clueless half witted photographer wrote lines that you read and swallow, you cannot use your b.rain better than his.

Who else to write the lines but the photographer that took the pic, eh? grin And I suppose you generate informative content? Really? Where? If that were the case, you'd be published by now and your rankings would not be considered a joke.

Id1oT, show us you source then.

You read my posts, alright.

I gave you three sources already. All of them say that you're fake and those aren't refugees.

No one should listen to you.

Only Naai-gerians will take you seriously.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

i know a soldier who was part of the company that was ambushed that night. the guy told me that was the day Sudan became fearful of Nigeria. said they defended their base against thousands of Sudanese backed militias and still held the base. that's bravery

but SANDF will always have excuse for their failures and will continue to fail until we retrain them.

Seeing as no one knows if you really know such a soldier, this post is useless...like you and Mr Seleka.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
You guys do know that if there is no new news you don't need to post regertated old crap.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust:
CraigBitch cannot generate any creative, informative, and educated comment/post on this thread

i thought i was the only person who noticed it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

I also noticed that the two of you can't either!

Even Stevens then, non? cool

Your military researcher has been showed up as fake.

You are yet to even shine on this thread.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

Like you have excuses on the Mali failure?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

where has SA ever brought peace to in Africa? of course you can't be in the list of peace enforcers cos your military need to learn to fight first.

SANDF had to travel to train in Brazil just to fight rebels in a mission that's not theirs alone. shame undecided

Lestho and burrindie

See any jungels in SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

burrindie and lestho were sa missions, though burrindie did turn in to a un mission
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

Then why have nigerians still been ambushed in sudan? And SANDF have gotten in to a number of fire fights in Sudan. Largest one had a covouy hit by auto cannons and rpgs 1 dead 3 wouned. The SA APC's survied the attack and made it out.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
agaugust:

i dont like to waste my time with you, but let me advise you to get sangoma herbalist help to upgrade your brain from amphibious stage to mammalian stage, you clearly missed one stage in the evolution cycle.

polisario liberation front fought a very long war of independence in western sahara against morroco's military.

you cannot generate any creative, informative, and educated comment/post on this thread, you w.aste away valuable hours your young life sniffing around other people's posts/comments looking for something to a.ttack

public transport...public inside the dry vast sandy desert ? public in the streets of sand and no roads no houses anywhere ?

public people in ordinary transport...moving all their life's belongings and properties including their beds/mattresses...?

you are product of a misled s.perm that was fired at the wrong egg

MR "SA is not on the list" I can see that your 419 brain capacity cannot work for you these days. It is only embarrassment that you suffer at the end of the day. Naijapigoon is very ashamed at your misinformed comments.

MR " SA is not on the list" grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:
MR "SA is not on the list" I can see that your 419 brain capacity cannot work for you these days. It is only embarrassment that you suffer at the end of the day. Naijapigoon is very ashamed at your misinformed comments.

MR " SA is not on the list" grin grin

He has degenerated into a state, hasn't he?

He's run out of ideas, ag tog.

Tried and tried to mess around with the rankings, but has failed dismally.

Mr Seleka should withdraw himself like the Naai-gerian soldiers were withdrawn from Mali. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
andrewza:

Then why have nigerians still been ambushed in sudan? And SANDF have gotten in to a number of fire fights in Sudan. Largest one had a covouy hit by auto cannons and rpgs 1 dead 3 wouned. The SA APC's survied the attack and made it out.

how many battalions do you have in sudan
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

Your 419 brain capacity really embarrasses you big time. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

do you even have the moral justification to talk about military and strategic failures? SA is the master of failure in both
"Cleverness has been associated with long delays".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

where has SA ever brought peace to in Africa? of course you can't be in the list of peace enforcers cos your military need to learn to fight first.

SANDF had to travel to train in Brazil just to fight rebels in a mission that's not theirs alone. shame undecided
Burundi and Lesotho. And only officers were sent to Brazil,the Battalion and its parabats backers were trained in SA. And stop talking like Nigeria has ever been in any war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

South Africa intervened when UNITA,was threatened by the Angolan advance south. Remember Nigeria has never fought any war alone,you guys always share ground with other forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
andrewza:

burrindie and lestho were sa missions, though burrindie did turn in to a un mission

dude, you failed woefully in Lesotho. only a novice will think SANDF failures started from CAR

South Africans botch military intervention in Lesotho

At 6h30 South African Time on Tuesday, 22 September 1998, 600 troops backed by AFV's and APC's crossed the border into Lesotho in an armed intervention designed to quell the unrest in Maseru and the purported mutiny of junior officers in the Lesotho army.

They achieved the exact opposite. Moving in against fierce resistance, with poor information from their intelligence apparatus, they failed to secure their objectives timeously, and stood by while the Basotho basically looted and burnt down their own capital. The major causes of this failure were due to a lack of intelligence as to the situation on the ground, and the fact that they were understrength militarily for an operation of this nature.

I suspect that most of the South African casualties occurred in the first few hours as the South Africans waltzed in like some sort of colonial expedition, expecting the natives to see our "maxim guns" and run away. Wars don't happen like that. Something the South African general staff only realised to its dismay when it was too late. Not only was order not restored, but the South African army and the Botswana army stood by and watched Maseru go up in flames. I think it would be accurate to say that they failed to achieve all their objectives in this "splendid little war".

The intervention was authorised by the SADC apparently in line with some agreement with Lesotho in 1994, that the SADC could intervene to preserve the ruling regime, should it come under threat. Elections had been held in May 1998 and the ruling party had scored 79 out of the 80 seats. This caused an uproar with accusations from the opposition supported by the junior officers of the army, that the election had been rigged. A commission of enquiry was held with Judge Pius Langa as its head into these allegations. Langa is a South African judge. The report was ambiguous. On one hand it stated that there had been fraud. On the other hand it did not find that the election had been rigged.

After the report appeared, the opposition engaged in steady "unrest" against the government. Junior officers forced 15 of their seniors to resign. These senior officers fled to South Africa. Mandela and Mbeki were overseas, when Buthelezi, the Minister for Home Affairs, and head of the Inkatha Freedom Party (IFP), who was the acting President of South Africa, consulted them about an SADC intervention in Lesotho. They agreed to this, and on Tuesday morning the troop carriers rolled.

As things stand now, it appears that sporadic fighting continues between SADC and members of the Lesotho army. The South African intervention is enormously unpopular with the Basotho who regard it as an invasion by their big brother next door. South African journalists have been shot at and harassed, and if you are a South African, Lesotho is not the safest place to be at the moment.

The central business district (CBD) of Maseru has basically been cleaned out by looters and burnt to the ground. The equivalent of half of Lesotho's economy has been wiped out in one week, while the SADC troops stood by and watched. A considerable portion of those businesses destroyed were South African. Reuters reports that: "Lesotho does not have its own major retailers. South African companies are responsible for virtually all fresh food and produce, furniture and clothing sold in the country."

It is extremely doubtful whether the insurance companies will pay out for the damage. They will use the "war, riot, and insurrection" exclusion clause to escape liability. All of this means that South Africans will not be returning to Lesotho anytime soon. With half their economy gone, the Basotho will cross the border looking for work. Unemployed South Africans will not be too happy with this.

Joel's interpretation: The South African government has created an unbelievable mess. Not only have they failed to achieve their stated objectives to restore law and order, but they have failed to preserve South African interests by standing by while Maseru went up in flames, after a steady round of pillaging by its inhabitants. The inhabitants of Maseru have displayed a capacity for self-destructive behaviour which seems to be found throughout most of Africa rendering it the most wartorn and undeveloped continent in the world.

The naievity of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) and the Defence Ministry is truly astounding. They went in there assuming that they would be considered "peace-keepers" or that there would be very little resistance. In other words they planned this *military* operation as though the best outcome was a foregone conclusion. They did not realise that when one engages in military operations you hit the objectives with maximum force immediately to gain military dominance as quickly as possible. You assume the worst and hope for the best.

Therefore you do not attempt to effectively take over a country (which is what an armed intervention is) with a force of anything less than divisional strength. In addition you make sure that you gather the intelligence you need and plan the operation properly. You do not haphazardly gallop across the countryside, asking the locals for directions or how many entrances there are to the royal palace that you are about to assault !

The sheer stupidity and incompetence leaves me breatheless ! What also astounds me is that Mandela and Mbeki, and the foreign minister Nzo are overseas when South Africa engages in the first military operation of the ANC's tenure as government. This is a dereliction of duty and betrays an almost colonial attitude towards Lesotho. As though the Basotho are mere natives with spears, and bones through their noses who will cave into our little act of gunboat diplomacy !

If they had executed a proper military operation, the SANDF could have secured Maseru and the "strategic" hamlets within hours and prevented the destruction of Maseru. This would have enabled the SADC to gain space to sort Lesotho out. It would have been unpopular in Lesotho, but South African credibility would have remained intact, at least as a hegemonic power in the region. Instead we have a debacle
http://www.ecn.org/communitas/en/en121.html

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

Zuma loves her ex wife who is the head of AU and would not take failures of Nigerian Army to spoil the AU's successes, hence he came with the plan.

You think the real business of military strategic planning is about South African romance? grin grin Wake up MsauZA ... SELEKA romance with SANDF is a warning!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Mike..ZA:
And stop talking like Nigeria has ever been in any war.

from the way you sound, i doubt you know the meaning of war. go and learn first before talking trash
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
Mike..ZA:
South Africa intervened when UNITA,was threatened by the Angolan advance south.

yeah you did and failed woefully. am not a novice on SA matters bob.

In Angola in the spring of 1988 the armed forces of apartheid South Africa and the US-backed mercenaries of Jonas Savimbi were defeated by the combined force of the Cuban military, the Angolan army, and the military units of the liberation movements of South Africa and Namibia. This led directly to the independence of Namibia and then to the fall of the apartheid regime in South Africa itself. Cuba’s heroic role is the outstanding example of principled anti-imperialist internationalism in the last decades of the twentieth century.
http://monthlyreview.org/2013/04/01/the-military-defeat-of-the-south-africans-in-angola
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

That has been his TRADEMARK and REPUTATION here!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Donian007: That has been his TRADEMARK and REPUTATION here!

As if Naai-gerians would embrace me. As if I would care.

I'm not here to win Naai-gerian monkeys over.

You all are simply upset because I consistently show you up.

It's not as if you id!ots are killing us with brilliance. grin

Ignore CraigB was the chorus not too long ago. What happened? CraigB's statements hit too close to home? To close for comfort?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
2smooth2shout:

yeah you did and failed woefully. am not a novice on SA matters bob.

In Angola in the spring of 1988 the armed forces of apartheid South Africa and the US-backed mercenaries of Jonas Savimbi were defeated by the combined force of the Cuban military, the Angolan army, and the military units of the liberation movements of South Africa and Namibia. This led directly to the independence of Namibia and then to the fall of the apartheid regime in South Africa itself. Cuba’s heroic role is the outstanding example of principled anti-imperialist internationalism in the last decades of the twentieth century.
http://monthlyreview.org/2013/04/01/the-military-defeat-of-the-south-africans-in-angola

Nigeria has zero combat history with other nations. grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

In fact, their latest mission ended with their running home to their mothers.

South Africa is still in the DRC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
am waiting for south africans to dispute the facts about your military failures you've been bragging about. SA didn't fight the bush war alone. they had all the external supports and lost. then mike..za wants to tell me about "war" that he doesn't know the meaning.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by LTSHANGY: 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
please, my fellow NIGERIANS, You don't have to blame the south africans for their mistakes and erred comments. They (south africans) have failed to realise the huge gap between the apartheid SADF and post-apartheid SANDF. The SADF was a hugely strong military, well equipped and well funded. This present SANDF is nothing to write home about, budget constrains has forced them to ground their grippens and rooivaks. They re not well funded and equipped. This is my ranking
1) EGYPT
2) ALGERIA
3) NIGERIA
4) SOUTH AFRICA
5) ETHIOPIA
6) ZIMBWABWE
7) MORROCCO
cool SUDAN
9) KENYA
10) CHAD
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Msauza:

o please.. you graduated from two universities. i expect a better response than this.

we do. and they swiftly ended before they started. you people should stop bragging about a war you fought for 30 years and lost. that's a shame, not an achievement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.