Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,360 members, 7,923,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:08 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4504244 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mike..ZA:
You don't get it. You're a Nigerian.

You also don't get it! You are South African!! grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
agaugust:

you south africans are the ones that thinks people should not have honour. i told you my stand about @andrewza, he is not my 'friend' so to say, but i have to give him honour as a human being when situation demands it, even if i have to quarrel with a nigerian. its up to you to make your own principles in life.

i have called you a fool, but i said if i give you this source, i will call all your family a generation of fools on a daily basis every time you come on-line, and you say yes to that ? unbelievable ! so if you dont have honour, your father and mother should be dis-honoured ?

what is the desperation of you south africans on this forum about nigerian military ? why are you upgrading youirselves from hypertension to epilepsy just because of nigeria's number position in sub-saharan military might only second to egypt ?

why are you south africans so desperate ? what can you do ? pull down nigeria's 3 military use satellites from space orbit because you dont have any satellite in south africa ?

call Epe missile project a lie ? call biafra, liberia , sierra leone conflicts no war ? claim b.oko h.ram defeated nigeria ? claim nigeria will break up into smaller nations in 2015 ? what is driving you guys i.nsane like this ? hatred or envy ? or both ?

Thank you for the essay. But get back to me when you have the link with proof. Thanks. Bye
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by paniki(m): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
2smooth2shout:

i found this comment very interesting, coming from a honest south african

Pierre Schnehage
• 7 hours ago

Come on, Zimbabwe could invade SA in a day. Our army is nothing but a bunch of tax guzzling fatso's riding out the wave.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Boooooom

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
saengine:

Show us the technical details pointing out that Aradu can fire 8 missiles simultaneously like you claimed, or shut that hole you call a mouth.

Every credible Navy on earth with a missile firing capability needs to conduct live firing tests to keep their sailors relatively current on the weapons systems.

Not every day, but a few times over a number of years.

Missiles must be fired from time to time, not on a computer screen....in a real life exercise.

Who do you think is more capable or resupply anti ship missiles, Nigeria or South Africa? Who has fired more practice and live missiles in the last 10 years and have more experienced crew to efficiently resupply? I'm sure some of your sailors think Otomat is type of tinned fish they buy at the store, they've never seen one with their own eyes.

Oh shame you didn't know that Umkhonto can fire at incoming/sea-skimming missiles to defend the Frigate? You didn't know that? And you're claiming to be teaching me new things? Go back to sleep my boy.

who is the fool ? you or me ? you that flew damn slow Rooivalk helicopters to challenge super fast F-7 Jets with ultra high speed PL-9 SRAAM missiles.

you that said F-7 jets of nigerian air force are all second hand used from china.

you that said F-7 jet production stopped in 2008 when Bangladesh got its own brand new version produced 2013.

who is the fool ? you or me ?

show us how many of south african navy 17 exocet missiles have been test fired since 2005 when you bought them from france.

both nigeria and south africa do NOT produce anti-ship missiles, we both import form overseas.

ahow us the navy 'rule book' that says any navy that does not test fire its missiles is not regularly CANNOT use the missiles effectively in real war.

show me where in this world, a warship uses surface to air ship launched anti-aircraft missiles like south african umhkonto SAM as defense against sea surface skimming anti-ship missiles. show us. you imagine that missiles can do and undo without limit.

stop writing your private imaginations here, war is not for dreamers, war is not a kiddies video game.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
CraigB: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23577677

A military statement said [size=16pt]32 militants[/size], two soldiers and a police officer [size=16pt]died in the assaults[/size] on a police station [size=17pt]and a military base[/size] on Sunday.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Show us Nigerian military experience foo.l.

see this mugu o. You now want to ask me a question you've not been able to answer. Stop rephrasing my question boy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
agaugust:

who is the fool ? you or me ? you that flew damn slow Rooivalk helicopters to challenge super fast F-7 Jets with ultra high speed PL-9 SRAAM missiles.

you that said F-7 jets of nigerian air force are all second hand used from china.

you that said F-7 jet production stopped in 2008 when Bangladesh got its own brand new version produced 2013.

who is the fool ? you or me ?

show us how many of south african navy 17 exocet missiles have been test fired since 2005 when you bought them from france.

both nigeria and south africa do NOT produce anti-ship missiles, we both import form overseas.

ahow us the navy 'rule book' that says any navy that does not test fire its missiles is not regularly CANNOT use the missiles effectively in real war.

show me where in this world, a warship uses surface to air ship launched anti-aircraft missiles like south african umhkonto SAM as defense against sea surface skimming anti-ship missiles. show us. you imagine that missiles can do and undo without limit.

stop writing your private imaginations here, war is not for dreamers, war is not a kiddies video game.

Again....thank you for the essay but get back to me when you have the link of your proof. Umkhonto is a surface to air missile designed to hit aircraft and incoming missile. Excellent system proudly produced in SA. Google it, dont waste my time. Waiting for your link, thanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
32 Terrorists dead, 1 policeman, and 2 soldiers killed in clashes in Bama and Malam Fotori.

Clashes between Nigeria’s military and Islamist extremist group Boko Haram in two northeastern towns have left at least 35 people dead, most of them insurgents, the army said Monday.
The clashes broke out after attacks on soldiers and a police station, according to the military, and occurred as security forces wage an offensive in the region aimed at ending a four-year Islamist insurgency.
A clash in the town of Bama sparked by an attack on a police base “led to the death of one policeman and 17 Boko Haram terrorists,” a military statement said.
Fighting in the town of Malam Fatori after an attack on troops “led to the death of two soldiers and 15 Boko Haram terrorists,” it said. Both clashes occurred on Sunday.
According to the military, the insurgents were armed with “sophisticated weapons” and explosives during the attacks. Both Bama and Malam Fatori are located in Nigeria’s Borno state, Boko Haram’s home base.
The statement said soldiers had recovered weapons including 10 AK-47 rifles, bombs and three RPG tubes, among others, after the clash in Bama.
“The situations in both places have returned to normal,” the statement said.
Borno, badly hit by insurgent attacks as well as heavy-handed military raids, is one of three states currently under a state of emergency while security forces pursue the offensive.
The military has claimed major successes, saying troops have pushed out the insurgents. The number of attacks has appeared to have dropped since the offensive began, but violence has nevertheless continued.
The military’s version of events has been difficult to verify since the security forces cut phone networks in the northeast, and access to remote areas is increasingly limited.
The military says it has restored phone connections to a number of areas, but service remains spotty.
Violence in recent weeks in the northeast has included three deadly school attacks as well as a clash between insurgents and a vigilante group that recently formed with the encouragement of the military.
There have also been recent attacks outside the areas covered by the state of emergency.
Bomb blasts ripped through a mainly Christian area of Kano, the largest city in northern Nigeria, a week ago, killing at least 24 people and shattering a recent lull in insurgent attacks there.
The insurgency is estimated to have claimed more than 3,600 lives since 2009, including killings by the security forces.
Boko Haram has claimed to be fighting for the creation of an Islamic state in Africa’s most populous nation and largest oil producer, though the group is believed to have a number of factions with varying aims.
Nigeria’s 160 million population is roughly divided between a mainly Christian south and mostly Muslim north.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/35-killed-as-boko-haram-jtf-clash/

RIP to the gallant soldiers...

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
Oh, I see CraigB posted the article.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
CraigB: I quote:

Nigerian police and military often play down their losses and those of civilians, security sources say.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/clashes-between-nigerian-army-boko-haram-kill-35_866985.html

Sources, who are the sources? You got a source that copied and pasted an article from Reuters. And weren't you the one that said sources are not reliable?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by LTSHANGY: 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
LT SHANGY: lets clear this nw! South africans, how many grippens do u have and how many are grounded? How many submarines do u have and how many are operational? What is your military size? How many choppers do u have and how many are grounded? I need answers and not insults, please.

I'm still waiting for answers, south africans..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
2smooth2shout:

oh please enlighten me on what constitutes a war if you are not one of those SA dumbass. How do you enforce peace? By sharing leaflets and bananas?
So why is the Afghan conflict called a war since it was with Taliban? Why was the Turkey vs PKK rebels called a war since PKK is also a rebel group? Why is there a war on terror since terrorism is not a country?? Y?

South africans clearly don't know the meaning of the words they use. They just copy from hollywood movies cos it sounds cool. Dumbass

south africans are liars who want everyone else to eat their lies. But Nigerians already got you figured out and you are mad as hell
grin

Now foolish boy sit back and keep your Aso Rock Panties on you b*utt wipe. I don't need explain ish to anyone of you Naija fools.

I know first hand what peace keeping/enforcement is because I've been in many conflict zones as part of SADC and UN missions. I've tried to stay out of this topic for sometime by just reading comments whenever I get a chance to do so.

Now you are a amateur and I won't let myself stoop to your childish rants, I'm far above you fools here who claim but know nothing about war other then being a Internet military analysts. Been there done that I know far more then most of lot fools here. So if Boko Boy insurgency and executing children on the streets in Liberia in the past is a conventional war to you, its your bowl of Pepper Soup.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
sambos994:

Sources, who are the sources? You got a source that copied and pasted an article from Reuters. And weren't you the one that said sources are not reliable?

Are you going to have a point sometime, in this lifetime hopefully?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
sambos994: 32 Terrorists dead, 1 policeman, and 2 soldiers killed in clashes in Bama and Malam Fotori.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/35-killed-as-boko-haram-jtf-clash/

RIP to the gallant soldiers...

Yes - the "gallant" soldiers who were attacked in their own country, at their own base.

I shake my head. The militants aren't afraid, so why should any other country be?

This Naai-gerian military is a joke.

On further consideration, here are the latest military rankings:

50. Naai-geria. angry

Naai-geria will not be going on any mission.

Naai-geria is preoccupied with Boko.

Naai-geria is incapacitated by Boko.

Useless in Naai-geria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
snydergp:

Now foolish boy sit back and keep your Aso Rock Panties on you b*utt wipe. I don't need explain ish to anyone of you Naija fools.

I know first hand what peace keeping/enforcement is because I've been in many conflict zones as part of SADC and UN missions. I've tried to stay out of this topic for sometime by just reading comments whenever I get a chance to do so.

Now you are a amateur and I won't let myself stoop to your childish rants, I'm far above you fools here who claim but know nothing about war other then being a Internet military analysts. Been there done that I know far more then most of lot fools here. So if Boko Boy insurgency and executing children on the streets in Liberia in the past is a conventional war to you, its your bowl of Pepper Soup.

Ranting and raving of a mo.ronic fool!! Until your SA can successfully accomplish a third of what Nigeria has ... you are only wasting your useless time. CAR is still waiting!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Ranting and raving of a mo.ronic fool!! Until your SA can successfully accomplish a third of what Nigeria has ... you are only wasting your useless time. CAR is still waiting!!

As Boko Haram is waiting.

A third of being totally dysfunctional as a people?

No thanks. We shall pass.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
LT SHANGY: lets clear this nw! South africans, how many grippens do u have and how many are grounded? How many submarines do u have and how many are operational? What is your military size? How many choppers do u have and how many are grounded? I need answers and not insults, please.

dude,they don't even have an air lift capability. we saw this in the CAR situation and now during the US joint military drill, they had to us a US transport plane to move their troops and equipments around in their own turf. that's crazy if you ask me.

just look at the flag on the planes. and they have the guts to even compare their military with Nigeria
http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2013-08-05-just-practising-joint-us-sa-military-training-exercise-in-eastern-cape-winds-up/#.UgATS6wUaSq

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
Meet your leaders, Bit**ches.

Even Boko are disgusted by the Naai-gerian education system.

Disgusted enough to start a war.

Go figure.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mr "Seleka" could very easily be a Boko mole. He comes from the North East cool

The garbage he spews...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
paniki:

Boooooom

this picture looks like poachers blowing up SANDF military base. cos i can see some SANDF scared men in the picture grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
2smooth2shout:

this picture looks like poachers blowing up SANDF military base. cos i can see some SANDF scared men in the picture grin

The only base that has been attacked in recent days is the Naai-gerian military base that has just been baptised by militants, killing your soldiers.

This isn't fiction, loser.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
2smooth2shout:

listen to this monkey reason from his anus grin

if you truly knew what to say, you wouldn't have wasted time typing this jargon. this is another proof that SANDF are on honeymoon trip in their peace keeping missions that they now confuse peacekeeping with peace enforcement.

now stup1d soldier, answer my question next time before jumping to your keyboard with your quarterly developed military brain( that's if you are for real)

More rubbish from the joke that's smooth.

South Africa are part of the first ever UN peace enforcement mission and you type the bolded words?

I'm ready to go to the loo just from reading what you've written.

I'm disgusted that I share the universe with id1ots like you. Id1ots who clearly aren't fit to even look at a human being. You belong in a Naai-gerian water purification pit, where you need to be forever recycled and never allowed out.

I spit on you!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
Our arriving SANDF boys! cool cool Do you know them?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
CraigB:

As Boko Haram is waiting.

A third of being totally dysfunctional as a people?

No thanks. We shall pass.

Useless invertebrate! As brainless as your 33% limit! That's actually a third!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: Our arriving SANDF boys! cool cool Do you know them?

NaijaPikinGidi: Our arriving SANDF boys! cool cool Do you know them?

Ag shame. You don't have the money for better travel in South Africa?

You have to slug it on a Cityliner coach?

Ag shame. cry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Useless invertebrate! As brainless as your 33% limit! That's actually a third!!

If someone were to ask you: 33% of what, you'd hurt yourself and squirm for days.

98% failure rate humanoid.

Won't even bother.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
CraigB:

Ag shame. You don't have the money for better travel in South Africa?

You have to slug it on a Cityliner coach?

Ag shame. cry

grin grin grin grin grin Your usual retort. Those are your SANDF boys!! And it's your SANDF that can't afford money for better travel in South Africa cheesycheesy And we took the opportunity to "debrief" them yesterday!! Very easy! KiloZuluNovember. Yes they slugged it out on your Citiliner coach!

Shame. cool cool You only see a picture!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by nachrisbedis: 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
snydergp:

listen to this monkey reason from his anus grin

if you truly knew what to say, you wouldn't have wasted time typing this jargon. this is another proof that SANDF are on honeymoon trip in their peace keeping missions that they now confuse peacekeeping with peace enforcement.

now stup1d soldier, answer my question next time before jumping to your keyboard with your quarterly developed military brain( that's if you are for real)

if you think your military is quarterly professional with the ex militants you have as soldiers, you need to think again dummy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
CraigB:

If someone were to ask you: 33% of what, you'd hurt yourself and squirm for days.

98% failure rate humanoid.

Won't even bother.

You are where you should be!! shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.