Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,746 members, 7,892,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:54 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4485488 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 6:27am On Aug 07, 2013
Here we go again...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

my brother. when truth comes from one of their united(as they claim) comrades, they'll call it racist comments. so where's the unity? hehehehehehe i dey laff o grin

Your fellow countryman, claiming to be an expert in military warfare and employed in defence industry somewhere in America had just exposed himself as an imposter who hardly know nothing about combat. He is just disgracing himself big time lately because his 419 brain cannot defeat that of his South African counterpart intellectually. All that he is passing here is just ignorance of the highest order marred with hallucinations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 6:54am On Aug 07, 2013
Msauza: Below is the official website of 28 squadron in waterkloof Pretoria, the transport unit of C-130s Hercules.
I hope that @Blackchris will see for himself;

http://www.af.mil.za/bases/afb_waterkloof/28%20Squadron.htm

This base is where fighter pilot works.

dude unlike you i like to judge things from real perspective. and from reality, your air force isn't looking good at all
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 7:04am On Aug 07, 2013
zetdee: Seems Nigerians have all of a sudden become fans of the Mike Smith of this world... very funny. We've been bombarded with links to sites like Stormfront to discredited South Africa, i guess there is nothing left to make SA look bad.. VIVA South Africa.

JUST HEAR WHAT MIKE SMITH AND HIS WHITE SUPREMISTS SAY ABOUT NIGERIANS. grin grin grin grin

Re: Let's get ONE THING straight here....Nigerians may look/behave/smell/eat/breed etc, like baboons, and have all the same educational and work skills/social graces/morals as apes, but they do have ALL the cunning and cleverness of a big sack of weasels!! They have found a Nirvana here in Ireland, free Welfare/AIDS Treatment/Housing/Education/Plenty of cheap fried chicken/Cola and a great place to "play the Race Card"!!

Do you seriously think that these simians are about to give up this haven in Ireland, and return home without a fight? Would you, if you were a Nigerian?

I have the mis-fortune to have been seconded to work in Tallaght, on a 1year assignment, and it makes me ill, to see the swamp-land of Negroid effluent that Tallaght has become. OK, I will admit, Tallaght was a ghetto to begin with, but, at least
it used to be a White/Social Welfare/Council/Corpo dumping ground, and the shopping centre was a nice place to go. Now, all the lovely, newly-built Private and Council houses and apartments have been over-run with the monkey people, and the Square Shopping Centre resembles the Black Townships. Plus, the addition of several 1000's of Asians, Roma gypsies, Russians, Albanians, etc etc, has turned the place into a total toilet. It's absolutely horrible...DO avoid it...at all costs!!

As regards the Nigerian in question, in this posting....? Sure, he'll probably stay true to form, and ...make 4 woman pregnant...infect them, and another 6 more, with AIDS...then, be allowed to remain on "Human Rights" grounds, live for another 30 years on Anti-Viral Drugs and Marks+Spencers food, and cost the Tax-payers a Zillion..!!

and why should we care. racist remarks don't pinch us at all. what matters is the same south africans calling the others ........... well you already know it and others carving a state of their own, using their own currency and keep away the other color. division things grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:13am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

dude unlike you i like to judge things from real perspective. and from reality, your air force isn't looking good at all

Bwahahahahaha!! If our Airforce is not good then yours is worse because with the little that we have your fleet cannot even come closer. The only reason why many South Africans are criticising our Airforce is because they are not used to the standard that our Airforce find itself in, rather they are used to our Airforce conquering the whole of Africa. Remember, SA was once a military power in Africa and now they want to compare our Airforce to that of former regime which invested more of its revenues in defence. The ANC has now turned the tides because it does not project itself as a bully like a former apartheid government which used to invade Zim, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique whichever way they like to launch attack on ANCs military establishment installed on those countries. The ANC decided to cut the huge budget that our defence used to enjoy and divert it somewhere else, particularly education.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:15am On Aug 07, 2013
agaugust:

i know that already, most missiles snap up snap down, but there is a difference. anti-aircraft missiles are NOT a standard defence against anti-ship missiles, they are more used against cruise missiles which many times do not skim or hug sea surface and have slow subsonic speed not fast like anti-ship missiles that have about supersonic speed and skim/hug the sea surface.

go back to my post inside your own quote of my words, i DID NOT say umkhonto CANNOT stop an Otomat missile, but i said :

"Umhkonto missile is not the weapon of valour frigates designed to stop surface to surface missiles, you got it all wrong. show us a source that says its is for anti-surface use. it will not perform well in that role and the south african warship will get sunk in that wrong use of defensive weaponry."

i said Otomat could have 80% chance of hitting the valour frigate, meaning the defenses of valor frigate have 20% chance too of stopping the otomat. i am not like you south africans who believe only you have 100% chance of winning. i gave both a chance, but the better chance goes to the Otomat.

there is NO source that says umkhonto is for defence against sea skimmig anti ship missiles. DENEL can make any 3D image drawing they want to sell their product, but let them go try it out in real war and use anti-aircraft missile against a sea hugging anti-ship missile, then they see d.eath enter through the ship's windows.

go and talk to your navy admirals, not the @andrewza navy rifleman you have here.

go through all military records that have technical basis, no weapons manufacturer is marketing anti-aircraft missiles as a defence against sea hugging ant-ship missiles

time for school again my small boy, let me teach you world military standard of defence against anti-ship missiles like the Otomat of nigerian navy warship NNS ARADU.

i have many military stuff in my private files i can give you on this topic, but i wont, no need to give you to much because you never say thank you for what i teach you here that your south african plastic toy soldiers on this forum cannot teach you because your johannesburg military academies are a part of your over-rated south african enclave.

let me use a cheap and public source....wikipedia, and tell you all the things i did not want to tell you before :

[size=16pt]Warships' Standard Defences Against Anti-ship Missiles[/size]

Countermeasures against anti-ship missiles include:

1. Anti-missile missiles such as the Russian Navy's 9K33 Osa (SA-N-4 Gecko)

2. Close-in weapon systems (CIWS), including the Soviet-or Russian-made AK-630 or Kashtan/Каштан or the Phalanx and Goalkeeper. These are automated gun systems mounted on the deck of a ship that use radar to track the approaching missile, and then attempt to shoot it down during its final approach to the target.

3. Anti-aircraft guns such as the Mk 45 5-inch naval gun or the AK-130

4. Electronic warfare equipment (such as SLQ-32 Electronic Warfare Suite)

5. Decoy systems (such as "chaff" - the US Navy's RBOC system), and "flares", or more active decoys such as the Nulka

6. Reduction of their radar cross section (RCS) and hence radar signature.

limit a ship's infrared and acoustic signature.

did you see any anti-aircraft missile like south african Umkhonto SAM on the above list ? NO, big NO

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-ship_missile

anti-ship missiles are very dangerous, see war history below and watch the video.

Falklands War History 1982 : British Royal Navy Guided Missile Destroyer HMS Sheffield loaded with anti-aircraft missiles could not stop Argentina's Exocet sea hugging anti-ship missile, the ship crew saw it but could not stop it, one single missile sank the warship with one single hit...and nigerian Otomat has a more powerful explosive warhead than Argentina or South Africa or France's Exocet missiles...google it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZu8bvxJs4

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Sheffield_(D80)

i am never in a hurry to reply you these south african little fishes, but now, let me answer your question of 2 days ago...

[size=16pt]NNS ARADU can fire all her 8 Otomat anti-ship missiles in one single attack[/size]

Typical Mission - Otomat Missile

In terms of technology and operability, this Otomat missile, while almost unknown the general public having not been involved in a war, presents a very powerful anti-ship weapon and perhaps the most powerful of all modern western anti-ship missiles having a mid course data-link.

No particular maneuvres are required by the ship: the missiles are capable of changing course after the launch up to 200° so all the missiles in the ship could be used against the same target in one attack.

This allows for quick reaction times as the ship does not need to change direction to unmask the missile batteries. This allows the ship to fire all missiles against a target regardless of where they are place aboard.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otomat

NNS ARADU carries 8 Otomat missiles at once, if she needs any guidance help, she has a new radar now plus support from nigerian air force ATR-42 Surveyor maritime aircraft with sea targeting and search radar with range of 330km

Armament :

8 x Otomat Mk 1 SSM

24 x Aspide SAM in octuple launcher
1 x 5 inch gun, 8 x Bofors 40 mm gun
6 x torpedo tubes
1 depth charge rack

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aradu_(F89)[/size]

meanwhile, i am getting tired of talking to these south africa dummies...feeling like exiting this forum, not sure yet. these south african mugus just tire me fa! grin

Utter and complete waste of my time. I'm done with this crap. You can make up imaginary 80% figures in your head if you want, I really don't care anymore. Umkhonto IR was the first VLS IR SAM and also the first to use LOAL. Meaning the fire control and detection system is superior to this imaginary 20% you give it.

I asked you to show me proof that Aradu can fire 8 missiles simultaneously which you have not done. I specifically said please don't just post that it carries 8 missiles which you have done, without showing it can fire all 8 simultaneously which was your initial claim. I specifically said post proof of the fire control radar on the ship which shows it can fire 8 missiles at the same time, which you have not done. Now you talk about ATR Surveyor. Again you have not shown any proof that it can provide the fire control radar to control 8 missiles in a simultaneous attack. No details, no proof, no nothing. You just type paragraph after paragraph thinking you're making sense when you're not.

Keep talking about your imaginary Otomat missiles that haven't been test fired in 30 years. Keep being delusional. I'm done. Have a good day.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Msauza:

What part of greatest possibility don't you understand. Looking into the influence of both countries in the continent there is a greatest possibility that both countries can be slammed with sanctions. Now let us take it that both countries are hit with arms embago, how will Nigeria, Egypt and Ethiopia be able to survive?

i see you've picked up from where @mike..za ran off. before you can talk of possibilities, there has to be evidence that such has happened before. i understand that what you've discovered on this thread about Nigerian military made you south africans pee your pants, and you want to use embargo and sanctions(which you clearly don't know about) as pretext just to give yourselves some hope.

give me evidence of such resolution and warring countries that were affected by such resolution. or you shut the fvck up and wet your pants out of fear for Nigerian military grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:32am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

i see you've picked up from where @mike..za ran off. before you can talk of possibilities, there has to be evidence that such has happened before. i understand that what you've discovered on this thread about Nigerian military made you south africans pee your pants, and you want to use embargo and sanctions(which you clearly don't know about) as pretext just to give yourselves some hope.

give me evidence of such resolution and warring countries that were affected by such resolution. or you shut the fvck up and wet your pants out of fear for Nigerian military grin

It seems as if there is still a lot to learn. South Africa was sanctioned during bush war and Iraq during gulf war. Google is your friend, relate with it and it will reveal the truth to you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:41am On Aug 07, 2013
Now I understand why the world rate South African IQ to be greater than that of other Africans across the continent. We really do not have to go far to prove it, because our testimony is our one and the only Blackchris.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 7:41am On Aug 07, 2013
Msauza:
SA was once a military power in Africa and now they want to compare our Airforce to that of former regime which invested more of its revenues in defence. The ANC has now turned the tides because it does not project itself as a bully like a former apartheid government which used to invade Zim, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique whichever way they like to launch attack on ANCs military establishment installed on those countries. The ANC decided to cut the huge budget that our defence used to enjoy and divert it somewhere else, particularly education.

thank you for supporting my argument. grin

meaning your current military is a shadow of it's old self. Ad you own professional military analysts and officers still say the same thing. so why were we dragging this matter all along. grin

We simply cannot claim that South Africa's defence force is number one on the continent or has the capabilities to fulfil its role.

The biggest danger we now run is that we do not spend sufficient resources for operations and capabilities, while we allocate too much funds to personnel, which sees us running a risk of us sitting on a 'militia' who do not have the necessary capabilities.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2012/04/13/sandf-not-able-to-deliver
grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:42am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

that's the second proof you've tried to escape today. stop thinking with your fingers before posting your ignorant comments.
Do I have to keep reminding Nigerian,that the Biafran war was fought by mercenaries?. If you disagree put a list of weapons Biafra had during the war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:45am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

We killed 36 SA troops, CAR rebels say
http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/We-killed-36-SA-troops-CAR-rebels-say-20130405

so it's your words against theirs. and frankly speaking, the world doesn't believe yours tongue
First it was 52,then 32 now 36?. A rebel colonel said it well that he lost half of his 250 strong rebels when faced with the bats.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:48am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

guy stop typing rubbish with your rotten fingers. give me proof of such resolution to sanction two nations at war with each other and give example of affected countries.

simple question and you're giving me tales by moonlight.
Resolution are discussed. Like the Libyan one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:59am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

thank you for supporting my argument. grin

meaning your current military is a shadow of it's old self. Ad you own professional military analysts and officers still say the same thing. so why were we dragging this matter all along. grin

We simply cannot claim that South Africa's defence force is number one on the continent or has the capabilities to fulfil its role.

The biggest danger we now run is that we do not spend sufficient resources for operations and capabilities, while we allocate too much funds to personnel, which sees us running a risk of us sitting on a 'militia' who do not have the necessary capabilities.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2012/04/13/sandf-not-able-to-deliver
grin grin grin grin

It doesn't matter if our Airforce is a shadow of its former itself, but with the little that we have we are ten thousands better equipped than Nigeria Airforce with fighter jets, missile technology and transportation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:59am On Aug 07, 2013
agaugust:

south africa too has never produced any manned warplane. simple.

please dont drag us back to this your foolish G7 or G6 artillery long range, i have posted this topic and analysed it till i got tired....you guys make me feel like exiting this forum because you just keep repeating the same foolish arguments.

nigerian artillery ranges 24km same as the best american and russian artillery. the extra long range of south african artillery is 90% useless in war because you will not see what you are hitting in the far away next town, maybe your artillery shells are landing in cassava farms grin

fool grin
The AHRLAC is the first manned war plane is Africa,it can be armed with 20mm cannon,rocket pot and beyond visual range air-to-air and air to ground missiles(Mokopa missile). America doesn't need long range artillery cause,they have long range bombers,MRLS and Cruise missiles and Nigeria doesn't those. South Africa destroyed targets 40km to 50 km away during the bush war. It would be the same story if Nigeria attacked SA,shells would rain down on your forces before they can come close enough to return fire or counter battery. And oh the USA is showing much interest in the G7 gun.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 8:00am On Aug 07, 2013
Msauza:

It seems as if there is still a lot to learn. South Africa was sanctioned during bush war and Iraq during gulf war. Google is your friend, relate with it and it will reveal the truth to you.

dude don't tell us what we already know. south african apartheid was sanctioned for it's oppression against Black majority. that's one of the reasons for sanctions, not because SA went to war with anybody.

give us a resolution to back your argument that if Nigeria and SA go to war, we will both face arms embargo and economic sanctions before we can continue.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2013
Mike..ZA:
First it was 52,then 32 now 36?. A rebel colonel said it well that he lost half of his 250 strong rebels when faced with the bats.

like i said, your words against theirs. and I'll rather believe them cos you have not shown yourselves to be honest.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 8:07am On Aug 07, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Resolution are discussed. Like the Libyan one.

Resolutions are not just decided dummy, they are backed by UN principles. the Libyan government was sanctioned and embargo and no flight zone was declared cos of it's atrocities against it's own people, not because the government declared war on another country. just like Syria. accept it, you mostly talk out of ignorance grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2013
Msauza:

It doesn't matter if our Airforce is a shadow of its former itself, but with the little that we have we are ten thousands better equipped than Nigeria Airforce with fighter jets, missile technology and transportation.

bla bla bla bla bla..... your own minister and officers have already spoken. you are just a civilian novice that's trying to give himself hope. beg zuma to save your military first before you can talk of fighting great Nigerian military.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:11am On Aug 07, 2013
agaugust:

show me war history where armies fighting each other were 70km apart and made progress in the war.

armies close in on each other and battle for control of the ground, not stand off 70km G6 artillery range away from each other.

dont drag us back many pages on this forum. south african airforce jets will fall to nigerian army 300 Roland SAM anti-aircraft missiles, Bofors radar guided anti-aircraft missiles, and the new Type 90 anti-aircraft and anti-missile artillery air defences, and the new Akash SAM superb 35km range anti-aircraft missiles we are planning to buy from india.

please go back many pages, dont waste our time with your fairy tale stories here grin

The G5 and the G6 have been used
primarily in battlefield interdiction roles and
have
been very accurate due to coinputerised firing
calculations. Artillery observers were deployed
on
the front line and targets which presented
themselves were exploited immediately. When
the Cubans wanted to launch an air strike from
the Angolan airfield at Cuito Cuanavale, artillery
observers on one occasion called for G6 fire
support and destroyed four Russian MiG 21 jet
fighters as they taxied for take off.(46)
The G5 shelled the runways and associated
infrastructure of the airfield at Cuito Cuanavale
over a long period of time and this prevented
the
enemy fighters from taking off to participate
against South African forces. The G5 played a
primary role in destroying the enemy,
including
aircraft and tanks. The fact remains that the
G5
played a critical role during this campaign and
without it the war in Angola would have run a
different course. The G5 proved to be the
backbone of the South African forces during
the
conflict. The G5 was a great psychological
booster
for the members of the SADF operating on the
ground. The role that the G5 fulfilled should
therefore not be underestimated under any
circumstances.(47) Before being operationally
employed the G6 was evaluated, amongst
others,
during Exercise Zenula in May 1986 at
Omuthiya,
the base camp of 61 Mechanised Battalion. The
G5 was used operationally for the first time by
the
SADF on 9 August 1986 during Operation
Alpha
Centauri. This operation lasted until 16 August
1986. One battery of G5s (a battery consists of
eight guns) was employed in conjunction with
one battery of multiple rocket launchers (MRL).
The operation was an artillery attack against
Cuban and FAPLA formations concentrating in
Cuito Cuanavale for their 1986 offensive
against
UNITA. The 25th Cuban-FAPLA Brigade was
situated east of Cuito Cuanavale near Tumpo.
The
13th Brigade was situated in Cuito Cuanavale
and
the 8th Brigade operated between Menongue
and
Cuito Cuanavale, the former being a large
logistics
depot. Convoys regularly travelled from
Menongue to supply Cuito Cuanavale.(48)
The G5 assault began at last light, about
18:00.
By 23:00 the back of the opposition was
broken.
Heavy fire was brought down upon the enemy
in
the first five hours resulting in large scale
destruction. This destroyed the 1986 Cuban
and
FAPLA offensive against UNITA and showed the
tremendous destructive force that lay within
one
battery of G5s. Owing to the long range and
the
accuracy with which the G5 could fire and the
effect of the ammunition, authority was forced
upon the enemy.
As a result of the daylight activities of the MiG
jet
fighters employed by the enemy, artillery fire
missions could only be executed at night. As it
was the first time that the G5 was used
operationally there was great cause for concern
that the MiGs would spot the G5s. The MiGs
were
continuously in the air trying to locate the G5s
and bombed the surrounding area at random
in
the hope of hitting the artillery.(49)
This operation proved to the SADF that survival
was possible despite an unfavourable air
situation.
As a result of the enemy's air superiority, great
attention was given to passive defensive
measures such as camouflage, track discipline
and the concealment of movement. Special
techniques of concealment were practised
beforehand which prevented the enemy from
observing the artillery. Before the operation
was
undertaken these techniques of concealment
were also tested under conditions similar to
those
that the artillery would experience during the
operation. Another factor in favour of the
artillery
was the unprofessional manner in which the
enemy employed its air force. The MiG fighters
flew at a very high altitudes, making
observation
very difficult for the pilots. The apparent reason
for this was to avoid being shot down by
UNITA's
Stinger missiles. In addition, the many bush
fires
in the area, owing to the dryness of the season,
created a lot of dust and smoke in the air.
During
this operation approximately 2 500 MRL
projectiles and approximately 4 500 G5
projectiles
were used.(50)
During 1987 Cuban and FAPLA forces were
concentrated in the east of Angola known to
them as 5th Military District. Operations
launched
by them were aimed at destroying UNJTA,
including their main base at Jamba. As a
counter-
measure, the SADF undertook Operation
Modular
in aid of UNITA which lasted from 1 July to 15
December 1987. This was followed up by
Operation Hooper and culminated in Operation
Packer which ended in March 1988. During
this
period two G5 batteries were employed,
playing a
prominent role in destroying enemy forces.
During these operations it was found that the
HE
projectiles of the G5 could be used to great
effect
against the T-55 tanks employed by the
opposing
force. Between 20 and 30 tanks were in this
way
put out of action by the G5s. It was also found
that when an HE projectile hit the ground and
detonated 15 in from a tank, chances were
good
that the tank concerned would be disabled.
The
enemy had no tactical equipment that could
withstand the 155 mm shell of the G5. After
Operation Packer, a further operation took
place
in south eastern Angola. This was Operation
Displace during which the G5 was also used.
(51)
The artillery found that the G5 was flexible
owing
to its long range and the convenient top
traverse
of the barrel for the arc of fire. When the top
traverse was impeded by trees, the gun crews
would use, amongst others, chain saws and
explosives to remove the trees, but this was
not
done to the detriment of camouflage. It was
also
found that the G5 gave tactical advantage
owing
to its mobility. During the above-mentioned
operations, the MiGs again took to speculative
bombing of the area in the hope of flushing out
the G5s. As in 1986 the G5s were regarded as
the
prime target. One of the factors causing the
MiGs
to be unsuccessful was the discipline shown by
the SA troops in adhering to passive defensive
measures. As a result of the prolonged duration
of
these operations, gun unservicibility started
becoming more of a problem. This resulted in
greater logistical problems for the SADF as
even
large components such as barrels had to be
replaced in the field. Special hoisting apparatus
and tools were needed to replace the barrels
but
in spite of this no great problems were
experienced in changing the barrels in the
field.
This experience proved that the G5 was
technically maintainable in the field.(52)
Under the prevailing, difficult cross-country
conditions the auxiliary power unit proved to
be
of tremendous assistance to the gun tractor.
The
gun tractor and the G5 formed a long train in
the
bush and the trees and thick undergrowth
stripped certain equipment off the G5 when it
turned. The bush-breaking also caused some
damage to the gun tractor as well as to the G5
and certain modifications were therefore made,
eg the battery box which was situated on the
outside of the trails is now situated on the
inside
of the trails.(53) Some of these modifications
were not introduced on G5s which were
destined
for the international market owing to the
difference in terrain.(54) The last operational
deployment of the G5 in Angola was during
Operation Prone near Tchipa, during June
(55)
The G6 made its operational debut in
December
1987 during Operation Modular. The mobility of
the G6 in dense bush proved to be highly
successful. The greatest cause for concern was
whether the tyres would stand up to the
rugged
conditions, especially while breaking the bush.
Fortunately there was no cause for concern as
the
tyres gave very few problems. They proved to
be
very robust and survived very well during
Operation Modular and were found to be more
robust than those of most other operational
vehicles
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 8:13am On Aug 07, 2013
Msauza: Now I understand why the world rate South African IQ to be greater than that of other Africans across the continent. We really do not have to go far to prove it, because our testimony is our one and the only Blackchris.

and how have you managed to prove you high IQ when you can't defend what you say. keep exposing your weakness grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:18am On Aug 07, 2013
agaugust:

France attacks nigeria....we have a defence pact with Ukraine, and Ukraine has defence past with Russia...go read history of how world wars I and II started with just 2 countries.

the world war II began on 1 September 1939 with the invasion of Poland by Germany....
Now Nigeria depends on Ukraine for protection? LOOL. For your info Ukraine has soviet era weapons which can be easily be dstroyed by western made systems.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:22am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

like i said, your words against theirs. and I'll rather believe them cos you have not shown yourselves to be honest.
You're a caveman to believe people who change their story everyday.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Nigerian military is just used to its level, that's why its citizens will never bad mouth its force because they do not know the difference between well equipped military and poorly equipped one. They have never in any occasion were the best equipped military in the continent. That is why they cannot figure the difference. The Egyptians will surely criticise their military if suddenly the new government can decide to cut ties and dismiss the annual US military aid, which eventually might lessen their military power. Many would possibly write in various blogs to scrutinise their military, but that would not mean their military is weak only that they are not used to seeing their military on that level.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:35am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

bla bla bla bla bla..... your own minister and officers have already spoken. you are just a civilian novice that's trying to give himself hope. beg zuma to save your military first before you can talk of fighting great Nigerian military.

Bwahahahahaha!! How on earth can the minister of ANC criticise the military that is run by his political party that made him the minister. Can you by any chance analyse your statements before you type anything, because you are making a mockery of yourself. How will the ANC keep that minister who criticises its own administration. Zuma will not spare that minister any day in office. He or She will be fired by not only the president but the ANC as a whole. You must make sense even when your 419 brain cannot allow you to do so.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 8:41am On Aug 07, 2013
Mike..ZA:
You're a caveman to believe people who change their story everyday.

like the way south africans have been changing theirs? 400, 600, 800? meaning you and seleka share the same deceitful tendencies? cry me a river abeg.

i'd rather believe seleka than lying south africans tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:09am On Aug 07, 2013
blackchris:

like the way south africans have been changing theirs? 400, 600, 800? meaning you and seleka share the same deceitful tendencies? cry me a river abeg.

i'd rather believe seleka than lying south africans tongue

South Africa never lied to you they televised the funeral of thirteen soldiers for the whole world to see. That seleka man who is claiming to have killed 36 SA soldiers must have been Rambo indeed by fighting and counting how many soldiers they have killed at the same time. In war you do not speculate, you wait until the war subsided, then you can know how many were killed and how many were injured. You cannot surely differentiate between the dead and the injured because both of them lie still on the ground.

South Africa had the credible source about the number of their casualties while Seleka did not reveal the number of their casualties out of shame and disgrace. We have only come to know about their casualties from the doctors without borders who helped to resuscitate many of their injured rebels some of whom died in theatre and some on arrival at hospital, while many more were already killed on the spot in the battlefield. Instead, Seleka resorted to their usual insult of planting propaganda to confuse international media. The international media came to SA and confirm the numbers themselves and from there dismissed Seleka claims as lies.

I know that ratio must have been a disappointing news on the part of Seleka as they expected to have killed more, they, ofcourse, could not believe it and their only consolation was to fabricate lies looking into how many comrades they have lost in relation to the small number of South Africans they have killed. The greatest disappointments of the century indeed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2013
AFRICA'S BEST TOP 100 UNIVERITIES
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=how%20are%20south%20african%20iniversities%20ranked%20in%20comparison%20with%20nigeria&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.4icu.org%2FtopAfrica%2F&ei=EAICUrm-K4OChQfurYHYBg&usg=AFQjCNEOvELmkoTwQiu1PcmKXjEQZtFD8Q
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:31am On Aug 07, 2013
SOUTH AFRICAN SPECIAL FORCES

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.