Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,715 members, 7,892,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:10 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4485353 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
So much still being said.same ol'tales.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by LTSHANGY: 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
Brothers, a fool is someone who does not know, does not know that he does not know and do not want to know, the description is best attributed to CraigB. Its better to ignore the fool and have a tete a tete with MIKE ZA, I think he knows 1 or 2 about military equipments. This is not a forum for country bashing but it is a platform to weigh the powers of two great, influencial countries in africa(NIGERIA AND SOUTH AFRICA) and see which of the twothat far outweighs the other militarily. Last word for CraigB from me: there's a cartoon network on dstv, its specially meant for your age grade. Do visit it. U might learn quite alot from it(that is, if you ever learn).

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
LT SHANGY: Brothers, a fool is someone who does not know, does not know that he does not know and do not want to know, the description is best attributed to CraigB. Its better to ignore the fool and have a tete a tete with MIKE ZA, I think he knows 1 or 2 about military equipments. This is not a forum for country bashing but it is a platform to weigh the powers of two great, influencial countries in africa(NIGERIA AND SOUTH AFRICA) and see which of the twothat far outweighs the other militarily. Last word for CraigB from me: there's a cartoon network on dstv, its specially meant for your age grade. Do visit it. U might learn quite alot from it(that is, if you ever learn).

A foöl that has caused you to write an open letter to your brothers? Influential foöl that, wouldn't you say? Of course, you are unhappy. You keep getting walloped.

You cry about country-bashing now because you're on the underside of it? It was fun from page 4 onwards to bash Thiza, when all he did was post pictures? It's fun when Naai-gerians do it? Spare me the sob story, will you! You live in a cave and you think you'll point fingers at other countries. Nooit!

Last word to CraigB, you say? Join the chorus. Many have sung it on this thread before you. And the response from me has always been the same: Do you think I care? I am not here to be addressed by sub-beings, in the first place. As if you know anything about the military. You should remove the LT before your name and stick in FT. "F That! grin

There's nothing that I've posted here that's not a fact.

So, put that in your pipe and smoke it, near-man.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
After having read the below, I am now ranking Naai-geria as follows:

52. Naai-geria

Too much maningi divisions. They could never fight as a united force.

SMH.

Igbo presidency? What the hell is that? How can you be a strong military if you're this divided?

How?

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/2015-igbo-must-unite-obi/

At a time when many South easterners are agitating for one of their own to become president in 2015, Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, has urged Igbo to organise themselves before going to battle for the highest office in the country.

Speaking as guest lecturer of Otu Oka-Iwu, an umbrella body of lawyers of Igbo extraction, Obi said the Igbo were yet to forge a common front that would give them a requisite strengh to fight for the presidency.

The governor stated that there were currently so many disparate voices and tendencies among the Igbo, at the moment, with the result that several groups and individuals were operating from different directions.

His words: “The Igbo are not speaking with one voice. I cannot tell you here that I am in support of Igbo presidency. I am in support of we organising ourselves first than Igbo presidency, otherwise we may go out and embarrass ourselves. I prefer what you all (lawyers) are doing here – first organising yourselves in pursuit of common goals. That is the way the Igbo quest should go.”

Obi warned that the quest for Igbo Presidency might throw up persons, who may ultimately sabotage the Igbo cause, adding: “Our problem is not Igbo Presidency. There is the need for us to build that cohesion from home. My reading of the situation is that we must first organize ourselves.”

He noted that medals were handed out to competitors not spectators, warning that unless the Igbo put their house in order, they would continue to pick the political crumbs at elections.

Giving insight into the protracted crises within the Governors’ Forum, Obi said the root of the debacle was the derailment of the forum’s constitution.

He noted that the forum adopted the constitution of the United States Governors’ Forum, whereby the chairman was elected by consensus for two years, with the vice chairman automatically succeeding him afterwards.

Obi however, observed that at the end of former Governor Bukola Saraki’s tenure, he was side-tracked from assuming the chairmanship of the forum, due to a gang-up along party lines, leading to the emergence of Governor Rotimi Amaechi. He stated that although he nominated Niger State Governor, Muazu Babangida Aliyu, as vice chairman, the governors endorsed him (Obi) to continue as the vice chairman.

The governor noted that the political space was largely occupied by the least qualified in the society, urging the elite to show more interest in politics.

He decried a situation where most of the political office holders were either dropouts or individuals, who could not lay claim to any measure of success in their personal lives, warning that this had tended to exacerbate greed, corruption and waste.

“The problem of Nigeria is that the level of greed is too high and unsustainable. When you create a society where people celebrate sycophancy and wrong values, you are bound to have issues,” said Obi, adding: “We have created a society without values; everybody you meet is focused on transaction rather than how to do things right. The level of sycophancy is intolerable.”

On the menace of kidnapping, Obi noted that his administration had solved every single case of kidnapping in Anambra State, adding that while virtually no state is spared the menace of kidnapping, the youth were being meaningfully engaged to shield them from negative influences.

The President of Otu Oka-Iwu, Zik Obi II commended the Anambra State governor for the lecture, noting that it had become urgent for Nigerians to address the issue of values towards improving the electoral process.

Chief Emeka Ngige, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), thanked Governor Obi for the lecture, noting that he was reputed for his humility and frugality.

He urged him to galvanise the South-East Governors Forum towards ensuring sustainable development.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mike..ZA:
You were in your hibernation mode? Cause I already answered all ago.

so i'll take it that 90% of what you say is out of ignorance

i've followed this thread post to post and never saw such. you are a lying ignorant south african grin

you are the one that has been bragging about sanctions which you know nothing about.

now give me the resolution i asked for or it will forever mean that you are ignorant and a liar
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Did you know: France has nuclear weapons and an aircraft carrier which can put more than "12" fighter jets(The Rafaele) in your airspace?. Did you also know: That the Leclerc Main battle tank can take out any Nigerian armoured vehicle or tank?. France can take out Nigeria in 2 months,so don't dare say your armed forces have a chance in defeating France.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
it's good that you can acknowledge that it won't be easy for france to fight us. while it will take zimbabwe a week to turn SA to a graveyard grin
mind you i never said we were gonna declare war with france. go through what you quoted so you can understand better.

i said we were gonna declare war with cameroon not minding they were backed by france. that's the kind of bravery SANDF lacks. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
blackchris:

it's good that you can acknowledge that it won't be easy for france to fight us. while it will take zimbabwe a week to turn SA to a graveyard grin
mind you i never said we were gonna declare war with france. go through what you quoted so you can understand better.

i said we were gonna declare war with cameroon not minding they were backed by france. that's the kind of bravery SANDF lacks. grin

Your 419 jet doesn't work well indeed. What is Nigeria before France?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
Msauza:

Your 419 jet doesn't work well indeed. What is Nigeria before France?

it's like south africans have problem understanding whatever comes from outside their heads.
i never said Nigeria almost declared war on france.
go back to my post and quote me if you wish.

you must think because france bullied SA out of CAR means we can be bullied too. rethink please gringrin

we didn't back down from taking on cameroon and occupying bakassi even when we knew france was involved. you can let envy kill you or you take it as lesson learned. wink

[/b]@mike..za. am still waiting for you to prove you've not been talking out of ignorance on this thread.[/b]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
@Blackchris- you are just claiming by making such uniformed statements that your country has more transporter plane than South Africa. It was surely not our soldiers who were left stranded to die in Sudan after their six months tour expired, only because you never had transporter planes to airlift them back to Nigeria when other countries chartered planes to return their troops back home. Nigerian troops had to wait for UN to charter plane for them in order to be airlifted back home:

Read below how your troops died in Sudan out of frustration only because your country never had transporter plane to return them back home.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/nigerian-soldiers-threaten-to-go-on-rampage-in-sudan-two-dies/

For your information, South Africa has more C-130s than Nigeria and both countries have Boeing 737s. Infact none of Nigerias C-130s is in service.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
LT SHANGY: Brothers, a fool is someone who does not know, does not know that he does not know and do not want to know, the description is best attributed to CraigB. Its better to ignore the fool and have a tete a tete with MIKE ZA, I think he knows 1 or 2 about military equipments. This is not a forum for country bashing but it is a platform to weigh the powers of two great, influencial countries in africa(NIGERIA AND SOUTH AFRICA) and see which of the twothat far outweighs the other militarily. Last word for CraigB from me: there's a cartoon network on dstv, its specially meant for your age grade. Do visit it. U might learn quite alot from it(that is, if you ever learn).
What do you know about military hardware?. Show me any "heavy equipment" your country produces. YOU KNOW NOTHING LIL S..UCKER!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
blackchris:

it's like south africans have problem understanding whatever comes from outside their heads.
i never said Nigeria almost declared war on france.
go back to my post and quote me if you wish.

you must think because france bullied SA out of CAR means we can be bullied too. rethink please gringrin

we didn't back down from taking on cameroon and occupying bakassi even when we knew france was involved. you can let envy kill you or you take it as lesson learned. wink

[/b]@mike..za. am still waiting for you to prove you've not been talking out of ignorance on this thread.[/b]

Who said France bullied South Africa out of CAR? Those assertions are flawed because France never bullied us by any means.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
blackchris:

How long did it take Nigeria to crash weak Biafra? After getting the answer to that,calculated how long it would take to crash Cameroon. I estimated 2 months because that would be for the first phase of the war. During that phase no French boots will be on the ground but jet fighters launching from an aircraft carrier to destroy all your personnel and obsolete weapons. Let me dare ask you this: Can Nigeria armed forces with its large number of troops,invade South Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
blackchris:

so i'll take it that 90% of what you say is out of ignorance

i've followed this thread post to post and never saw such. you are a lying ignorant south african grin

you are the one that has been bragging about sanctions which you know nothing about.

now give me the resolution i asked for or it will forever mean that you are ignorant and a liar
If war between Nigeria and South Africa broke out. You and I know that a UN security council will be held,and sanctions or ermbargo would be discussed. It is predictable that one or the two of the country slapped with those.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mike..ZA:
How long did it take Nigeria to crash weak Biafra? After getting the answer to that,calculated how long it would take to crash Cameroon. I estimated 2 months because that would be for the first phase of the war. During that phase no French boots will be on the ground but jet fighters launching from an aircraft carrier to destroy all your personnel and obsolete weapons. Let me dare ask you this: Can Nigeria armed forces with its large number of troops,invade South Africa.
a proof Would Do..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
sheyie2007: a proof Would Do..
Your nearest Library "would do".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mike..ZA:
you called the first African industrial power weak, you have issues with your brain

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
sheyie2007: you called the first African industrial power weak, you have issues with your brain
Biafra was weak. In terms of military equipment and trained personnel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 9:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Msauza: @Blackchris- you are just claiming by making such uniformed statements that your country has more transporter plane than South Africa. It was surely not our soldiers who were left stranded to die in Sudan after their six months tour expired, only because you never had transporter planes to airlift them back to Nigeria when other countries chartered planes to return their troops back home. Nigerian troops had to wait for UN to charter plane for them in order to be airlifted back home:

Read below how your troops died in Sudan out of frustration only because your country never had transporter plane to return them back home.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/nigerian-soldiers-threaten-to-go-on-rampage-in-sudan-two-dies/

For your information, South Africa has more C-130s than Nigeria and both countries have Boeing 737s. Infact none of Nigerias C-130s is in service.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

do i smell desperation?

that was clearly a matter between UN and Nigeria and has been settled. Nigeria wanted to withdraw those troops for the usual rotation but UN delayed for too long and the troops got frustrated. who wouldn't?

if you have your planes why did it take SA government 4 days to pull your troops out of CAR after they rallied round to book commercial flight for them?
why did they borrow a US plane to move troops from one place to another in your own country? planes kor.. planes ni.

grow your military in real life, not camera before you can start comparing with Nigerian military

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mike..ZA:
If war between Nigeria and South Africa broke out. You and I know that a UN security council will be held,and sanctions or ermbargo would be discussed. It is predictable that one or the two of the country slapped with those.

guy stop typing rubbish with your rotten fingers. give me proof of such resolution to sanction two nations at war with each other and give example of affected countries.

simple question and you're giving me tales by moonlight.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
sheyie2007: a proof Would Do..

those guys are too ignorant to be taken seriously. they just yap without evidence of what they yap about.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mike..ZA:

that's the second proof you've tried to escape today. stop thinking with your fingers before posting your ignorant comments.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
blackchris:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

do i smell desperation?

that was clearly a matter between UN and Nigeria and has been settled. Nigeria wanted to withdraw those troops for the usual rotation but UN delayed for too long and the troops got frustrated. who wouldn't?

if you have your planes why did it take SA government 4 days to pull your troops out of CAR after they rallied round to book commercial flight for them?
why did they borrow a US plane to move troops from one place to another in your own country? planes kor.. planes ni.

grow your military in real life, not camera before you can start comparing with Nigerian military

You see now I am discussing military stuff with people who are totally clueless. It is not the responsibility of UN to airlift troops back to their home after their tour has expired. Many countries charter planes for their troops back home and many even charter civilian planes.

*Note: The UN pay all countries in advance for all deployment expenses and arrangements

I hope that has highlighted the loophole in your so called the strongest army on the continent as far as the transportation of troops is concerned. That incident was surely not the first because you even failed in your recent assignment of airlifting troops to Mali in time. Your generals made excuses about shortage of transporter planes instead.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
Msauza:

You see now I am discussing military stuff with people who are totally clueless. It is not the responsibility of UN to airlift troops back to their home after their tour has expired. Many countries charter planes for their troops back home and many even charter civilian planes.

I hope that has highlighted the loophole in your so called the strongest army on the continent as far as the transportation of troops is concerned. That incident was surely not the first because you even failed in your recent assignment of airlifting troops to Mali in time. Your generals made excuses about shortage of transporter planes instead.

Not only did they fail, but their competence was always in doubt - along with the other West African forces.

And Naai-geria's faling off the mission only serves to justify the doubts.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mike..ZA:
What do you know about military hardware?. Show me any "heavy equipment" your country produces. YOU KNOW NOTHING LIL S..UCKER!!!!!!!!!!

Mr FT knows nothing.

F That!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
Msauza:

*Note: The UN pay all countries in advance for all deployment expenses and arrangements

it surprises me how you arrogantly display how highly ignorant you are. smh

Nigeria: Darfur Troops Airlift Delay Not Our Fault - Defence
The Defence Headquarters in Abuja yesterday said the failure to airlift Nigerian troops serving under the United Nations African Union Hybrid Missions in Dafur, Sudan, on time was not its making.

The soldiers have threatened to go on rampage if they were not paid their allowances and airlifted back to Nigeria on or before July 3, 2012.

The soldiers, whose duty tour expired on May 26 after the mandatory six months, are from battalions NIBATTSS 30, 31, 32 and 33 deployed in November 26, 2011 and January 12, 2012.

The Director of Defence Information, Colonel Mohammed Yerima, said the Defence Headquarters has paid all the entitlements of soldiers and has no hands in their transportation. "The UN is responsible for troops airlift exercises and was actually expected to transport Nigerian battalions due for rotation.

The UN was to bring back to Nigeria NIBATTSS 31 and replaced it with NIBATTSS 34 which is currently here but after transporting over a hundred soldiers, they stopped.

grow your airlift capabilities before you can talk of going to war with anybody. eamples are CAR and your recent training with US. those US troop must have been like "is this supposed to be the military that ranks itself above great Nigerian military? and they can't even move their troops around in their own turf" grin

our planes have always been intact and more are coming next year.
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/01/article-2264166-1702221c000005dc-148_964x641.jpg[/img]
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/01/image-img_.jpg[/img]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
So far we have proved that Nigerian Airforce is not as well equipped as that of its South African counterpart. A country with just 12 Chengdu F7-Ni can never expect to defeat a country 15 Griffins and 26 Hawks in a dogfight. Nigerias Russians Mi-35 gunships have by no doubt proven to be weaker than Denel's Rooivalk. The Denel's made gunship has been proven to be the worlds best top 10 gunship. Our Airforce use better missile technology than what NA has in their arsenal. SA Air force is much bigger than Nigerian Airforce in leaps and bounds, hence it will only be through the use of Juju that Nigerias Airforce will ever defeat SA Air force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
blackchris:

it surprises me how you arrogantly display how highly ignorant you are. smh

Nigeria: Darfur Troops Airlift Delay Not Our Fault - Defence
The Defence Headquarters in Abuja yesterday said the failure to airlift Nigerian troops serving under the United Nations African Union Hybrid Missions in Dafur, Sudan, on time was not its making.

The soldiers have threatened to go on rampage if they were not paid their allowances and airlifted back to Nigeria on or before July 3, 2012.

The soldiers, whose duty tour expired on May 26 after the mandatory six months, are from battalions NIBATTSS 30, 31, 32 and 33 deployed in November 26, 2011 and January 12, 2012.

The Director of Defence Information, Colonel Mohammed Yerima, said the Defence Headquarters has paid all the entitlements of soldiers and has no hands in their transportation. "The UN is responsible for troops airlift exercises and was actually expected to transport Nigerian battalions due for rotation.

The UN was to bring back to Nigeria NIBATTSS 31 and replaced it with NIBATTSS 34 which is currently here but after transporting over a hundred soldiers, they stopped.

grow your airlift capabilities before you can talk of going to war with anybody. eamples are CAR and your recent training with US. those US troop must have been like "is this supposed to be the military that ranks itself above great Nigerian military? and they can't even move their troops around in their own turf" grin

our planes have always been intact and more are coming next year.
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/01/article-2264166-1702221c000005dc-148_964x641.jpg[/img]
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/01/image-img_.jpg[/img]

Bwahahahahaha!! You only have one of that plane in service and we have 9 of them in service. All your C-130s were grounded and the one you see now was brought to life by Americans and later had to go to Germany for further upgrades. For all your 100 000 troops you only have that single plane to transport your troops around while other countries who accept challenges in respect of rapid deployment charter planes. I know every secret of your military like the palm of my hand. Your army does not have capability of transportation because I know every fleet of your Airforce.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
Is now time to compare both countries Airforce and look what country has what.

Here is Nigerias Airforce fleet:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Air_Force

And here is South Africas Airforce aircraft:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Air_Force

Let the jury judge who has more transporter planes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by giles14(m): 11:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
saengine:

Again....thank you for the essay but get back to me when you have the link of your proof. Umkhonto is a surface to air missile designed to hit aircraft and incoming missile. Excellent system proudly produced in SA. Google it, dont waste my time. Waiting for your link, thanks.
yes made in SA by d white not u black forsaken magas

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by giles14(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
snydergp:

Now foolish boy sit back and keep your Aso Rock Panties on you b*utt wipe. I don't need explain ish to anyone of you Naija fools.

I know first hand what peace keeping/enforcement is because I've been in many conflict zones as part of SADC and UN missions. I've tried to stay out of this topic for sometime by just reading comments whenever I get a chance to do so.

Now you are a amateur and I won't let myself stoop to your childish rants, I'm far above you fools here who claim but know nothing about war other then being a Internet military analysts. Been there done that I know far more then most of lot fools here. So if Boko Boy insurgency and executing children on the streets in Liberia in the past is a conventional war to you, its your bowl of Pepper Soup.
south african ar big fools and u guys ar too dull,dont for get u suffered defeat in d hand of C.A.R rebel,32 troop gunned down in 1minute

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
giles14: yes made in SA by d white not u black forsaken magas

In other words: "We Naai-gerians admit that SA is better, but since we cannot compete, we will feel better if we give credit to whites, because they aren't South African. They are from the moon."

Sure, dude sing on. The Naai-gerian song for the ages whenever the superiority of South Africa becomes hard to dispute.

Sing on. And when you're done, telll us what the people of northern Naai-geria have contributed to the failed state that's Naai-geria.

Every Naai-garian is "forsaken". Every northern Naai-gerian is godforsaken.

Lovely logic. Forumites from the North like Mr Seleka, should not speak. Forumites from the South of Naai-geria should speak only when spoken to...by a South African.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
Msauza: Is now time to compare both countries Airforce and look what country has what.

Here is Nigerias Airforce fleet:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Air_Force

And here is South Africas Airforce aircraft:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Air_Force

Let the jury judge who has more transporter planes.

DESPERADO grin grin grin

so wikipedia is now your most reliable source of information abi.. am beginning to understand the source of your ignorance.

NAF has more than 15000 personnel, 8 military transport plane(four operational while the remaining will finish upgrade before next year). so your source of info in highly inaccurate.

i don't know why you people like to live in denial. your generals have said it themselves that your military is dead. so who are you to challenge their statements?

almost all your helics and jets are grounded due to lack of maintenance, you transport plane... your 60 years old transport planes have been grounded for months. so why the lies?

Not one of the SA Air Force’s (SAAF) 18 Agusta A109 helicopters is currently flying because there are no funds to use them operationally, the Afrikaans daily Beeld reports.

Along with the mothballing of 12 Gripen fighters as well as the under-utilisation of the remaining 14, this means a second aircraft type obtained as part of the Strategic Defence Acquisition Package are not being used, according to the paper’s specialist defence writer Erika Gibson.

“The Air Force, as with the entire SANDF is suffering as a result of government’s inability to decide what it wants from its military.

“An air force without fighters is a dead duck in the African military context. A defence force without helicopters and transport aircraft is a dinosaur in a swamp. An army without attack and transport helicopters is a lame duck and a navy without maritime helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft is blind,” was how the Defence Review Committee member reacted to the A-109 grounding coupled with other current equipment shortcomings in the SANDF.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31305&Itemid=108

With the country’s military watchers united in their view the SA Air Force (SAAF) is fast approaching crisis point in terms of operational ability

He also points out the SAAF definitely needs more equipment.

“The need for new transports to replace the 50-year-old C-130BZs, maritime patrol aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles won’t go away just because the operational budget has been squeezed.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31330&Itemid=108

you don't have an air force. and you @msauza know absolutely nothing about Nigeria. period

i repeat. build your military capabilities first before you can talk of fighting anyone. case closed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.