Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,745 members, 7,962,411 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4533525 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
agaugust:

photo of white people in south africa....ready to eat....new armoured tanks

[img]http://jasonfeldman.files./2010/07/s23_00000011.jpg[/img]

photo of people in J-Bay eastern cape province of south africa...ready to drink.....new warships

i can speak with the authority of an accountant.

Debt is ONLY good if used for production of consumer goods and services to provide measurable benefits for the company that borrows to do business and make profit, or the government that invests the debt in economic growth especially to increase production of essential utilities and consumables as well as improve the standard of living and quality of life of its people.

show me how another batch of new south african navy submarines and warships will lead to more production of goods and services for the citizens of south africa to live a better quality of life.....will people cook and eat missiles and torpedoes in soweto ?

.photo of people in south africa....ready to eat....new submarine torpedoes

lets not talk about poverty or economy SA is still far better off than nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
@AGAUGUST REMEMBER YOU WERE THE ONE WHO HAD HIGH PRAISES FOR EGYPT AS THE BEST MILITARY FORCE IN AFRICA AND NOW YOU WANT DO BLAME SOUTH AFRICA....ANYWAY ME THINK YOU ARE FAKE DISGUISED AS A CUM MILITARY EXPERT, CUM MBA, CUM NIGERIAN PATRIOT BUT TRULY 419 SCAM. NIGERIA WOULD NEVER BE ON EQUAL FOOTING WITH SOUTH AFRICA....NOT IN GOD's TIME
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Two different scenarios. Killing rioting citizens is totally different than killing non-violent peaceful citizens.

according to you, it is right for egypt's army and police to to use armoured vehicle gunfire and combat rifles to kill over 500 civilians carrying ordinary sticks and political protest placards. you should be sent back to live in the pre-historic reptile age of evolution.

....you were personally in nigerian war zone to verify that those who were k.illed by the army were unarmed or non-violent peaceful citizens ? go back to your military academy, tell them Augustine asked your lecturers to explain to you what is called Fifth Column in real war

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
blackchris:

i no know how i wan take laugh this kind laugh wey you don inflict me with grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

no wonder they attack immigrants at the slightest provocation. immigrants have taken everything including their identities.

A bloody ghanian for that matter. na wa o

The reality will hit them at the oddest of moments! When a South African politician of Nigerian roots for example becomes the President of South Africa!! grin grin grin I no fit laugh abeg.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thiza: @AGAUGUST REMEMBER YOU WERE THE ONE WHO HAD HIGH PRAISES FOR EGYPT AS THE BEST MILITARY FORCE IN AFRICA AND NOW YOU WANT DO BLAME SOUTH AFRICA....ANYWAY ME THINK YOU ARE FAKE DISGUISED AS A CUM MILITARY EXPERT, CUM MBA, CUM NIGERIAN PATRIOT BUT TRULY 419 SCAM.

NIGERIA WOULD NEVER BE ON EQUAL FOOTING WITH SOUTH AFRICA....NOT IN GOD's TIME

yes i agree that you are very correct, Nigeria will never be equal to South Africa because we are actually superior

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thiza: @AGAUGUST REMEMBER YOU WERE THE ONE WHO HAD HIGH PRAISES FOR EGYPT AS THE BEST MILITARY FORCE IN AFRICA AND NOW YOU WANT DO BLAME SOUTH AFRICA....ANYWAY ME THINK YOU ARE FAKE DISGUISED AS A CUM MILITARY EXPERT, CUM MBA, CUM NIGERIAN PATRIOT BUT TRULY 419 SCAM. NIGERIA WOULD NEVER BE ON EQUAL FOOTING WITH SOUTH AFRICA....NOT IN GOD's TIME

Ain't you such a dumb fellow? Tell us what you find difficult to understand from the comment below? Yes Egypt is number one military in Africa. Repeat ... Egypt is number one!! Re-read your comment above and tell us how it has bearing with the one comment below? For lack of a competent brain in your head you have shown why it will remain at 33% capacity for a long time to come.

agaugust:

[size=14pt]Strongest Military In Africa, Egypt's Army and Police K.ill 525 Civilians In Political Crisis[/size]

if it is done by Nigerian army or police....south africans will open their basket mouth

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/egypt-bloodbath-leaves-278-dead/story-fndir2ev-1226697234967

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HfdAG6Zv2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC207ll7Wjk

This is the strongest military in Africa...i post this for all the 33% brain south africans to try use their head a little more before they post comments grin

Stupidity must be an airborne disease in South Africa? shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

The boldened portion of your comment above speaks a lot about the stupidity of your average South Africans and the cruelty of your trigger happy policemen!

Two hundred people killed in your imaginary cross-fire in Baga! You must be demented to no ends by the fact that not more than 36 people in total were killed (approx. 90% of them being insurgents). Even Aljazeera's Yvonne Ndege showed the world the grave site in Baga where the bodies were buried. If miners were seen attacking Police with sticks and clubs ... how about knowing clearly that insurgents were seen carrying military grade weapons in their attack of peace-loving Nigerian civilians and law/security enforcement agents of the Nigerian state? Clubs and military grade weapons ... now tell us which is a real threat because I am worried to no ends about how wasted your SA brains are ... that you'd rather glorify the wickedness of terrorists on innocent Nigerians and villify the heroic efforts of the security and military forces that fight to protect the innocent citizens.

Clearly we know where you stand. Police protection of capitalist exploiters of your poor miners is better than our security forces repulsion of dangerously armed terrorists/insurgents threatening the peace of innocent north-eastern Nigerians? Why has the HRW and Amnesty International not rebutted the solid evidence by the military HQ that shows the accurate details of casualty figures and physical loses in Baga?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsMIZqMiFI

The Marikana that you bring up was clearly an unnecessary police massacre o.rgy of innocent miners while Baga is a military operation that repelled fully armed and rampaging insurgents/terrorists to protect civilians!

You are so desperate today!! But you still have no argument! Please go jump in a pool and cool-off from your show of stupidity. It's a weekend afterall . grin grin grin

Some stories for your education:
http://www.punchng.com/news/well-hand-over-b-haram-suspects-to-icc-presidency/

I still stand with over 200 people Killed in Baga by your military. All newspapers and international news confirmed it. Moreover was even confirmed by United Nations and none of the media ever mentioned anything like over 30 people were killed. That's a propaganda broer!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
agaugust:

photo of white people in south africa....ready to eat....new helicopter gunships

photo of people in J-Bay eastern cape province of south africa...ready to drink.....new missile warships

Debt is ONLY good if used for production of consumer goods and services to provide measurable benefits for the company that borrows to do business and make profit, or the government that invests the debt in economic growth especially to increase production of essential utilities and consumables as well as improve the standard of living and quality of life of its people.

show me how another batch of new south african navy submarines and warships will lead to more production of goods and services for the citizens of south africa to live a better quality of life.....will people cook and eat missiles and torpedoes in soweto ?

who is south african military going to war against with these new weapons to be purchased ? Russia ? Rhino Poachers ?

dont deceive yourself, south africa is not buying those new multi-billon dollar weapons on your imaginary wish list produced in dream-land. go feed your hungry people with food....bombs and bread have same shape, but not same utility.

I do not understand what do you stand to gain from going about the google to search pictures of destitute people.

America which is regarded as the giant of the world is still struggling to fight poverty even to this day. There is no country in the world that can fight poverty to 100% and poverty will still linger for many years to come.

Nigerias poverty is even worst than that of SA to extent that even its citizens have resorted in eating humans and dogs. There are no grants and service delivery in Nigeria, yet their government buy weapons and what is wrong with SA if it does the same. SA government is the only government in Africa that seems to care for the welfare of its citizens. So I guess you will spare those words of advice to Jonathan to stop him from procuring arms and instead vote his budget to the welfare.

South Africa will continue to procure those arms whether you like it or not. It is part of the project 2020 to modernize our military and replace all old equipments and weapons by 2020. Poverty is dealt with from time to time and has its own budget which is implemented by the department of Social development and department of housing through reconstruction and development programme.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

I still stand with over 200 people Killed in Baga by your military. All newspapers and international news confirmed it. Moreover was even confirmed by United Nations and none of the media ever mentioned anything like over 30 people were killed. That's a propaganda broer!!

You can stand with 200 sharks in the middle of the Indian ocean all you care! Are you not just proving how chronicly stupid you are? When you say all newspapers and international news ... are you making a statement of fact or just putting out your stupid wish for the intelligent minds to see and laugh at? Like is the case with you South Africans, you have shown no proof other than the baseless reports from Amnesty and HRW. I provided an alJazeera video news report that fully debunks the lies which you are unsuccessfully trying to peddle again!! The Nigerian military HQ released satellite images and SITREPs that have rubbished the same claims you are recycling! Questions is and remains ... why have the HRW and Amnesty International not rebutted it?

Show us sources ... kindly point readers to:
:: All the newpapers and international news sources that were on ground in Baga!
:: Point us to their firsthand independent counts/tallies of the 200 imaginary people killed!
:: The UN confirmations that you are referring to!
:: Verifiable video footage from Baga by the international media that contradicts the position of the military DDI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsMIZqMiFI

As long as FighterPilot shocked , Amnesty, HRW, and the international media are unable to rebut the facts presented by the Nigerian military DDI as fully corroborated by alJazeera you are all as shameless as your sponsors who cannot stand seeing a strong military force from Nigeria succeed where they have failed.

Since you failed to provide a single weblink or source to support your false claims, my comments above should further educate your tiny brain on this issue. The Baga operation is a much more professional one than your Marikana and CAR failures!

Just deal with it and carry on as you were!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

The reality will hit them at the oddest of moments! When a South African politician of Nigerian roots for example becomes the President of South Africa!! grin grin grin I no fit laugh abeg.

I suppose you're hoping to rise from Hillbrow to the union buildings then?

Good luck with that. You'll need it.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
agaugust:

yes i agree that you are very correct, Nigeria will never be equal to South Africa because we are actually superior

I also agree with you. You're definitely superior...in mediocrity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Ain't you such a dumb fellow? Tell us what you find difficult to understand from the comment below? Yes Egypt is number one military in Africa. Repeat ... Egypt is number one!! Re-read your comment above and tell us how it has bearing with the one comment below? For lack of a competent brain in your head you have shown why it will remain at 33% capacity for a long time to come.

Stupidity must be an airborne disease in South Africa? shocked shocked shocked shocked

So airborne that South Africa remains a better country compared to Naai-geria? I like this kind of stupidity.

It's the Naai-gerian stupidity I don't like. It's not airborne. It's genetic. And it's being imported to South Africa by the likes of you, who pollute our air.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

grin grin grin grin Immigration Officer CrayFish!! Your Department of Home Affairs must be full of people like you!! grin grin grin grin How much did the Ghanaian pay you for the status? grin grin grin Anyways, insults will not hide the fact that a supposed South African is begging a wannabe South African for recognition. Power to the foreigners!! They MUST take over your SA at this rate. grin grin grin

Shame. You're jealous that then "Ghanaian", who really is South African is accepted, while you sit in Hillbrow, scorned by South Africans because you're Naai-gerian rubbish? I can't help you with that. No one can.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
agaugust:

according to you, it is right for egypt's army and police to to use armoured vehicle gunfire and combat rifles to kill over 500 civilians carrying ordinary sticks and political protest placards. you should be sent back to live in the pre-historic reptile age of evolution.

....you were personally in nigerian war zone to verify that those who were k.illed by the army were unarmed or non-violent peaceful citizens ? go back to your military academy, tell them Augustine asked your lecturers to explain to you what is called Fifth Column in real war

No idiôt. See Naai-geria's loseritary lining civilians up in the street and shooting them.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=C5BR_kTmoEk

Big difference.

You have no reasoning ability whatsoever. You're a GEJ northerner.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
@NaijapikinGidi- what is so difficult to admit the truth?

Nigeria media below confirmed it!

Senator confirmed it!

Governor confirmed it!

Those mentioned above are top government officials and can never tell a lie.

I am still standing with my 228 bodies as confirmed by Nigerian based newspaper below:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/131623-228-people-killed-over-4000-houses-burnt-in-baga-senator-says-after-visit.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
@Agaugust- South Africa will not procure its arms with a borrowed money. Our total revenues collected at the end of every financial year amount to over $130 billion. That is where our government will take to realise their goals of project 2020 of transforming and modernising our military. All our borrowed money was used to augment to the infrastructural development and powerstation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
saengine:

Yes go sleep. Missiles have supersonic speeds, but the platforms from which they are fired can't be traveling at supersonic speeds when firing those missiles. Only the F-22 Raptor has conducted missile firing while traveling supersonic.

There is no rush. Rooivalk will take out artillery one at a time under the safety of Umkhonto. simple
interesting. Why cant a fighter fire missiles when traveling at supersonic speed? From the what i know about mechanics, when a fighter is carrying missiles, the velocity of the fighter becomes the initial velocity of the missile.

When the missile is fired, its final velocity can be measured according to Vsquared = Usquared + 2gs or its slight modification.

The final velocity of the missile is greater than its initial velocity, which is the velocity of the fighter, as can be seen from that equation...

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
...i am NOT sure that a collision of the fighter and the same missile it fired can happen at any point in the journey especially when the missile is travelling at a speed greater than the fighter.

All Newton's laws of motion hold true except when the particle is travelling at a speed approaching the speed of light or the motion of the particle is in a non-inertia frame of reference. The fighter and the missile, what ever mach they are travelling at, have a speed FAR from the speed of light. Also the earth, in whose atmosphere the motions are taking place, is an inertia frame of reference.

So, i want you to throw more light on why fighters travelling at supersonic speed, cant fire missiles at supersonic speed.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
Petty low-lifer is back on the thread. What else is new from him? grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
Fighter Pilot: @NaijapikinGidi- what is so difficult to admit the truth?

Nigeria media below confirmed it!

Senator confirmed it!

Governor confirmed it!

Those mentioned above are top government officials and can never tell a lie.

I am still standing with my 228 bodies as confirmed by Nigerian based newspaper below:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/131623-228-people-killed-over-4000-houses-burnt-in-baga-senator-says-after-visit.html

Blockhead South African. You have refused the answer the questions. Why have the same Governor and Senator not disputed the facts by the military DDI about the baseless reports of your Amnesty and HRW liars? Other than alJazeera which other news sources went to Baga to view the situation and verify the bogus stories? Senator and Governor confirmed what? Did anyone of them get to Baga after the incident or were their claims just bandwagon induced? Please go and sit down where you belong ... you bloody Boko Haram sympathiser!! The alJazeera video evidence confirms the military's position. Baga eye witnesses in the video have confirmed the military's position. Nigerian satelite images of Baga have made a mockery of the HRW and Amnesty stories, yet you want to keep exhibiting your stupidity!

Anyways, memories of your Marikana are with you today ... Police against poor and defenceless miners, whereas whenever Baga is remembered it will be to the credit of the Nigerian Army that the terrorists/insurgents were dislodged and defeated for the relative peace and harmony of the people, community and nation!

I surely wasn't expecting any credible sources ... and you proved me right! This unreliable source must be your sum total of all newspapers and international news indeed!! Kindly use your brain beyond its current 33% capacity if you can, grin grin grin Ode buruku!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Blockhead South African. You have refused the answer the questions. Why have the same Governor and Senator not disputed the facts by the military DDI about the baseless reports of your Amnesty and HRW liars? Other than alJazeera which other news sources went to Baga to view the situation and verify the bogus stories? Senator and Governor confirmed what? Did anyone of them get to Baga after the incident or were their claims just bandwagon induced? Please go and sit down where you belong ... you bloody Boko Haram sympathiser!! The alJazeera video evidence confirms the military's position. Baga eye witnesses in the video have confirmed the military's position. Nigerian satelite images of Baga have made a mockery of the HRW and Amnesty stories, yet you want to keep exhibiting your stupidity!

Anyways, memories of your Marikana are with you today ... Police against poor and defenceless miners, whereas whenever Baga is remembered it will be to the credit of the Nigerian Army that the terrorists/insurgents were dislodged and defeated for the relative peace and harmony of the people, community and nation!

I surely wasn't expecting any credible sources ... and you proved me right! This unreliable source must be your sum total of all newspapers and international news indeed!! Kindly use your brain beyond its current 33% capacity if you can, grin grin grin Ode buruku!!

It looks to me you didn't read what the senator has said. The senator confirmed the killing of 228 meaning he was hundred percent certain that the afore-mentioned number of massacre was correct.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Nigerias poverty is even worst than that of SA to extent that even its citizens have resorted in eating humans and dogs. There are no grants and service delivery in Nigeria, yet their government buy weapons and what is wrong with SA if it does the same. SA government is the only government in Africa that seems to care for the welfare of its citizens. So I guess you will spare those words of advice to Jonathan to stop him from procuring arms and instead vote his budget to the welfare.

South Africa will continue to procure those arms whether you like it or not.

It is part of the project 2020 to modernize our military and replace all old equipments and weapons by 2020. Poverty is dealt with from time to time and has its own budget which is implemented by the department of Social development and department of housing through reconstruction and development programme.

you dont know how government defense policy and economic policy run together.

every regional power in africa has its own season of re-arming and modernizing its military with new weapons.

large scale weapons purchase and modernization of military equipment is often a 5 to 10 year plan.

morocco and nigeria are at that stage now. south africa has done 90% of what it will buy between 1998 to 2008. egypt and algeria too have done 90% of new weapons purchases.

nigeria started around 2007 and is only about 30% way done with new weapons purchase. read @THIZA's post of what nigerian president Jonathan said, it is actually telling you that nigerian military will be equal to or better than egypts military by the time we are done with modernization of weapons.

nigeria has purchased and is awaiting delivery starting from this year :

12 units of L-15 Falcon 4.5 generation supersonic trainer/light attack jet

4 units of Stealth guided missile warships

more units of Mi-35 helicopter gunships

35 sandcat MRAPS

200 mountain lion MRAPS

12 Fennec AS555 naval attack and anti-submarine helicopters

we are expecting decision on :

4.5 generation air superiority fighter (likely SU-30 Flanker or JF-17 Thunder)

decision has been made and we awaits contracts signing on :

AKASH SAM 35km range anti-aircraft missile and air defense integrated systems

there is a timeline of about 3 years from now for purchase of :

2 landing ships

1 mine-countermeasure ship

2 missile corvettes

10 long range maritime patrol helicopters

3 attack submarines.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4023&Itemid=363

nigeria is buying all the above because we are over-due for large scale weapons modernization as it happens to all military forces around the world. even israel, japan, and south korea are all due for military modernization especially their jet fighters and naval fleets.

south africa is NOT going to do any more major heavy weapons purchase for the until maybe after year 2035 when the Gripens, Valours, and Type 209s are due for overhaul or replacement/major upgrade due to obsolescence.

the reason countries buy weapons in peace time is to avoid obsolescence, not just for fancy the way you dream on your bed.

why should south africa waste tax payers money on new warships, helicopter gunships, sumbarines, etc ? why ?

due to lack of cash, south africa's 26 Gripen jets cannot be maintained and half is in cold room frozen storage. only maximum of 8 qualified pilots are available to fly 26 Gripens because of lack of money to fund training operations.

these whole south african air force Hawk jets, Rooivalk helicopter gunships, Gripen jets have not k.illed on single mosquito in the air since the over 7 years ago you purchased them.

south african navy Type 209 submarines and Valour Frigate warships have not fought combat against one single sardine fish in the ocean since over 7 years ago you bought them.

now you say south africa will buy more of these multi-billion dollar weapons, you must be under the influence of alcohol.....let the south african tax-payers and slum dwellers catch you.....100 zulu men will use machetes to perform a brain surgery on you @Fighter Pilot grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
The reason why they have co country, today.The reason why they envy and go salty over others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrX9qI3j-kU
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
souldust: ...i am NOT sure that a collision of the fighter and the same missile it fired can happen at any point in the journey especially when the missile is travelling at a speed greater than the fighter.

All Newton's laws of motion hold true except when the particle is travelling at a speed approaching the speed of light or the motion of the particle is in a non-inertia frame of reference. The fighter and the missile, what ever mach they are travelling at, have a speed FAR from the speed of light. Also the earth, in whose atmosphere the motions are taking place, is an inertia frame of reference.

So, i want you to throw more light on why fighters travelling at supersonic speed, cant fire missiles at supersonic speed.

thank you o jare, my brother.

dont mind @saengine. see these south africans, anytime we prove a nigerian weapon will destroy a south african weapon, they will say that all the applicable science and technology laws have changed overnight.

i used the so called 'useless crap $15 million nigerian F-7 jets to s.hoot down all the super modern $40 million south african Rooivalk helicopter gunships, then he said F-7 jet cannot f.ire air to air missiles at supersonic aircraft speed.

i asked him to show us the military manual where he got that rule. he has not answered since then.

F-7 jet speed is maximum 2,200 km/h

supersonic speed is about 1,200 km/h

the F-7 jet can fly slower at just about half its speed and yet remain supersonic.

the PL-9 missile fired by the F-7 jet has speed of about 4,000 km/h

so F-7 Jet at 1,300 km/h supersonic speed fires PL-9 missile which flies 3 times faster at 4,000 km/hr.

how will the missile and the jet c.ollide ? when jets fire missiles, they jets tilt up at an angle before missile launch or make the missile first drops straight down to about 10 feet below the jet, then it fires its forward acceleration rockets to go forward. they will never collide.

the guided m.issile will then be guided in any direction the pilot wishes.

bros, i dont know who rated south african education above that of nigeria, that racist must be judging education by school buildings and not students brains.

no wonder south africa requested for nigerian mathematics and science teachers to come and upgrade their soweto/pretoria brains because that upgrade is beyond the power of DENEL....so nigeria to the rescue !

jets f.iring missiles videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da1g-Yx-CJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znZn4qB1DBU

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 11:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

It looks to me you didn't read what the senator has said. The senator confirmed the killing of 228 meaning he was hundred percent certain that the afore-mentioned number of massacre was correct.

Rather it looks to me that you are never going to challenge your brain beyond its factory-fitted 33% capacity to debate intelligently.

I will respond one last time ... the military DDI made an official statement that the senator you are refering to have failed to rebut! Stop offering us hearsays ... the Governor and Senator never went to Baga to verify the HRW and Amnesty stories that they blindly relied on. Once more kindly point to firsthand accounts/evidence by the Senator/Governor that are independent of the false international newsreports and stories. 200 ... 228 or whatever numbers you cite will remain for you to prove. 30 insurgents were killed while civilians and security forces shared the balance of the casualty figure.

You are so hopelessly helpless! grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:08am On Aug 18, 2013
agaugust:

photo of white people in south africa....ready to eat....new helicopter gunships

photo of people in J-Bay eastern cape province of south africa...ready to drink.....new missile warships

who is south african military going to war against with these new weapons to be purchased ? Russia ? Rhino Poachers ?

dont deceive yourself, south africa is not buying those new multi-billon dollar weapons on your imaginary wish list produced in dream-land. go feed your hungry people with food....bombs and bread have same shape, but not same utility.

The desperation of a Naai-gerian who's run out of ideas. He picks a picture from his backyard of West Africa and presents it as South African.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:18am On Aug 18, 2013
agaugust:

you dont know how government defense policy and economic policy run together.

every regional power in africa has its own season of re-arming and modernizing its military with new weapons.

large scale weapons purchase and modernization of military equipment is often a 5 to 10 year plan.

morocco and nigeria are at that stage now. south africa has done 90% of what it will buy between 1998 to 2008. egypt and algeria too have done 90% of new weapons purchases.

nigeria started around 2007 and is only about 30% way done with new weapons purchase. read @THIZA's post of what nigerian president Jonathan said, it is actually telling you that nigerian military will be equal to or better than egypts military by the time we are done with modernization of weapons.

nigeria has purchased and is awaiting delivery starting from this year :

12 units of L-15 Falcon 4.5 generation supersonic trainer/light attack jet

4 units of Stealth guided missile warships

more units of Mi-35 helicopter gunships

35 sandcat MRAPS

200 mountain lion MRAPS

12 Fennec AS555 naval attack and anti-submarine helicopters

we are expecting decision on :

4.5 generation air superiority fighter (likely SU-30 Flanker or JF-17 Thunder)

decision has been made and we awaits contracts signing on :

AKASH SAM 35km range anti-aircraft missile and air defense integrated systems

there is a timeline of about 3 years from now for purchase of :

2 landing ships

1 mine-countermeasure ship

2 missile corvettes

10 long range maritime patrol helicopters

3 attack submarines.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4023&Itemid=363

nigeria is buying all the above because we are over-due for large scale weapons modernization as it happens to all military forces around the world. even israel, japan, and south korea are all due for military modernization especially their jet fighters and naval fleets.

south africa is NOT going to do any more major heavy weapons purchase for the until maybe after year 2035 when the Gripens, Valours, and Type 209s are due for overhaul or replacement/major upgrade due to obsolescence.

the reason countries buy weapons in peace time is to avoid obsolescence, not just for fancy the way you dream on your bed.

why should south africa waste tax payers money on new warships, helicopter gunships, sumbarines, etc ? why ?

due to lack of cash, south africa's 26 Gripen jets cannot be maintained and half is in cold room frozen storage. only maximum of 8 qualified pilots are available to fly 26 Gripens because of lack of money to fund training operations.

these whole south african air force Hawk jets, Rooivalk helicopter gunships, Gripen jets have not k.illed on single mosquito in the air since the over 7 years ago you purchased them.

south african navy Type 209 submarines and Valour Frigate warships have not fought combat against one single sardine fish in the ocean since over 7 years ago you bought them.

now you say south africa will buy more of these multi-billion dollar weapons, you must be under the influence of alcohol.....let the south african tax-payers and slum dwellers catch you.....100 zulu men will use machetes to perform a brain surgery on you @Fighter Pilot grin grin grin

You are an idîot. How can you say South Africa is 90% of the way, when you have no clue what the end-game is. 90% of what exactly?

You are the one that knows nothing about economic policy.

If anything, your post confirms that Naai-geira has achieved only 30% of its procurement objectives.

Speak for your Naai-geria, idîot, which is what you know. As for South Africa, Egypt and Algeria, you know nothing.

Your debt argument is a disaster too. No need to even waste time on that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:44am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:46am On Aug 18, 2013
Late last month, the Nigerian Police commemorated 37 years of existence which ended with the unveiling of new equipment, including seven US-made Bell helicopters, 17 Armoured Personnel Carriers (mostly Mamba Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles and variants of the South African-made Springbuck IV APC), 15 Steyr troop carriers and 275 Toyota Hilux patrol vans.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30451&Itemid=188

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.