Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,329 members, 7,923,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 05:07 AM

Ibori Arrested In Dubai - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Arrested In Dubai (18023 Views)

James Ibori Arrested In Dubai / James Ibori Arrested In Dubai? / Nkoyo Ibori Arrested In London Oner Money Laundery Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Akosbaba(m): 7:53pm On May 13, 2010
So how smart does this greatly dumb guy think he is now?good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by lapTguru: 7:54pm On May 13, 2010
Finally theres no hiding place for the greedy!!!!!!! grin
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 13, 2010
MONAGHAN:

ALL THE AFRICA`S LEADER TAKING AFRICA MONEY TO WESTERN COUNTRIES SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT
THE GAME IS OVER, 90% OF THE MONEY THEY STEAL WILL BE TAKEN BY OYINBO PEOPLE, IT COULD HAVE BEEN MORE BETTER IF THEY USE THOSE MONEY
TO INVEST IN THEIR COUNTRIES AND CREATES JOBS,

WHAT THEY DO NT KNOW IS THAT THEM BE  #1 MUMU
they steal to better their lives and not for the masses.fela called it 'Authority stealing'
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Tattooboy: 8:26pm On May 13, 2010
Ibori is not only one naw, but eni ti ile ba moba ni barawo.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Tattooboy: 8:27pm On May 13, 2010
Ibori is not only one naw, but eni ti ile ba moba ni barawo.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by steroid: 8:32pm On May 13, 2010
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by IykeD1(m): 8:33pm On May 13, 2010

Story story, which is easier? [b]Chasing a man all the way to dubai or holding the one in your backyard? [/b]I've seen posts on selective justice and i say again like my post in GJ APPOINTS SAMBO AS VP, that this govt. is not sincere in fighting corruption, [b]why should you be chassing someone about corruption when your wife has a case to answer on corruption? [/b]Why appoint a woman whose husband is alleged to have stolen all the money in the ministry of works and housing during his time as minister into your cabinet?
I know someone would insult me for this, but i'll say it, [b]IF GJ IS SERIOUS ABOUT FIGHTING CORRUPTION HE SHOULD FIRST ADDRESS THE ISSUE CONCERNING HIS WIFE, GET ANENIH, IBB, ODILI,  AMADU ALI, OBASANJO,  ETC ARRESTED. Why on earth did the federal govt drop the charges against RIBADU? [/b]The constitution says all public office holders should declare their assets, failure to do so is considered as a crime, the question is [b]DID RIBADU DECLARE HIS ASSETS? J[/b]onathan should go and think about what he is doing.

I am trying so hard not to be insulting, but how come people in Nigeria are so infantile in the way they think?  First of all, no one physically ran from Nigeria to catch Ibori in Dubai. The EFCC merely put out an INTERPOL bulletin on Ibori, which resulted in his arrests by authorities affiliated with INTERPOL there. The EFCC has no legal rights in Dubai.

Secondly, its incomprehensible to me that people want Jonathan to probe his wife first before any one else can be investigated for being corrupt.  Which world or which school did you people attend?  This is the same exact stupid logic people were using against Ribadu, and that is as the EFCC chairman he must first focus 100% of his effort in investigating the president. How is that remotely
possible in a country with little or no democratic institutions and where corruption is the order of the day?

See what became of the EFCC after Ribadu? Has it occurred to you that the case against Ribadu was dropped probably because it was a weak case based on phony charges? You are talking about ICPC here, an organization that has been fighting crime with mouth since its inception and all of a sudden the biggest fish they want to fry is Ribadu, you don't see anything strange about that?

Are you saying that until every arm robber is caught all at once, we should just leave arm robbers to roam the streets? Isn't less arm robbers better for the society?   GOD  HELP ME!!!!
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by oseiwe(m): 8:39pm On May 13, 2010
Na wa. Make dem free am naw. Any body frm south wey dey progress dey pain dem. Wat of IBB and other northerners?
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by lastpage: 8:50pm On May 13, 2010
First, apologies to "our-turn" for those 'undeserved' insults.
Civility deserves that "they" should be 'a man' and apologize but if they dont, take mine on their behalf!
I say this as an independent observer of the last few pages.
EVERYONE has the right to air their views, no matter how stupid you think mine is, l probably think your is worse BUT what makes us educated and civilized is our ability to tolerate each others differing (even manic!) views grin

Having said that, l am glad that 1,000,000 thieves, minus ONE is a victory and a step in the  right direction.

Like we all know, this country is infested with thieves in government!
We all also know that we cant arrest all of them AT ONCE, very impractical if not impossible so, we nibble at them bit by bit.

More practical We (or Baba God) will set them against each other so that we can have a "manageable" number to deal with.

Again, who we can catch today, depends on "who is doing the catching" wink

THIEF catch THIEF = LESS THIEVES!

Catching the "biggest thief" (Like OBJ/IBB) and using them as scape goat might make small thieves like "us"  grin think twice before dipping our hands in the till! Its a way of maximizing resources, at times.

As for "selective Justice", it is bad but it is what we can afford for now, at least until Nigerians develop/grow "Real Balls"!

I feel you pain on this "our-turn", but it is "THEIR TURN" grin You gat the logic? wink

Finally, if the p"imperative" is not achievable, lets settle for the "practical".

Just too many thieves to deal with, walahi!

BTW: The day OBJ and IBB are made to account for their loot, THAT will be the day.

Nuff said.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Abagworo(m): 9:14pm On May 13, 2010
selective [b]just[/b]ice cannot be [b]just[/b]ified.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by IykeD1(m): 9:42pm On May 13, 2010

selective justice cannot be justified.

Whats your proposal and how do you plan on getting it implemented? If we cant start from one person or somewhere and work
our way, not sure some of you guys will be satisfied until IBB, OBJ, Danjuma, Odili, Igbinedion, Kalu, Jonathan's wife, and everyone else will be arrested at the same exact time, and then subsequently jailed on the same day. I repeat, which world do you guys live
in?
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Don1DeMaco: 10:05pm On May 13, 2010
Its funny the way people think.

You say selective justice cannot be justified but at the same time u systematically seleted the names of a few people suspected to be thieves like Ibori as the first palce to start.

Now think about it, isnt that being selective too

The truth of the mater is all thieves cannot be caught and tried at the same time, it has to be one after the other and not in the magnitude of how much has been stolen, i can tell u for certain that a guy that stole clothes on the clothes-line was jailed yesterday for stealing, now isnt that selective justice, God forbid if an armed robber is caught trying to steal from u and he is to be on trial would u tell the authorities to drop the case cos he has not stolen as much as IBB or OBJ??

I mean we need to start thinking as a people and be objective the fundamental question to ask is, Is the man if convicted guilty as charged, If the answer is YES then i have no qualms with who reported who or who jailed who, whats important is justice has been served.

I mean the good people of Delta would be glad if this case is brought to bed and justice is served that further allocations to them no matter how small would be spent wisely on the state and its people instead of it being embezzled with the fear of ibori's case the beginning of wisdom for any office holder.

This just my own little opinion. Like i said its high time we as a people stop celebrating mediocrity wake up, stand up and be counted instead of paying lip service to issues. Like someone rightly said One small thief caught and locked up is still i less thief to worry about
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Sagamite(m): 10:15pm On May 13, 2010
Iyke-D:

I am trying so hard not to be insulting,

Come on.

Go for it.

You know you want to.

Give him a bit, son.

You know he deserves it.

Whip him with a few insults, mate, you will feel good afterwards.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Sagamite(m): 10:17pm On May 13, 2010
oseiwe:

Na wa. Make dem free am naw. Any body frm south wey dey progress dey pain dem. Wat of IBB and other northerners?

Retard!
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Sagamite(m): 10:20pm On May 13, 2010
steroid:

GOODNEWS:

OGBULAFOR RESIGNS

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/13/breaking-news-ogbulafor-resigns/

As I have always said on NL, change will be slow but we will get there.

It would have been faster if we had death penalty (I advocate a brutal one that violates all logic of Oyinbo human rights) for anyone that stole above lets say $1m.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 13, 2010
Iyke-D:

Whats your proposal and how do you plan on getting it implemented? If we cant start from one person or somewhere and work
our way, not sure some of you guys will be satisfied until IBB, OBJ, Danjuma, Odili, Igbinedion, Kalu, Jonathan's wife, and everyone else will be arrested at the same exact time, and then subsequently jailed on the same day. I repeat, which world do you guys live
in?
tell that to the chinese.i think they are in a better position to give you a good answer
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by nearest(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2010
Iyke-D:

I am trying so hard not to be insulting, but how come people in Nigeria are so infantile in the way they think?  First of all, no one physically ran from Nigeria to catch Ibori in Dubai. The EFCC merely put out an INTERPOL bulletin on Ibori, which resulted in his arrests by authorities affiliated with INTERPOL there. The EFCC has no legal rights in Dubai.

Secondly, its incomprehensible to me that people want Jonathan to probe his wife first before any one else can be investigated for being corrupt.  Which world or which school did you people attend?  This is the same exact silly logic people were using against Ribadu, and that is as the EFCC chairman he must first focus 100% of his effort in investigating the president. How is that remotely
possible in a country with little or no democratic institutions and where corruption is the order of the day?

See what became of the EFCC after Ribadu? Has it occurred to you that the case against Ribadu was dropped probably because it was a weak case based on phony charges? You are talking about ICPC here, an organization that has been fighting crime with mouth since its inception and all of a sudden the biggest fish they want to fry is Ribadu, you don't see anything strange about that?

Are you saying that until every arm robber is caught all at once, we should just leave arm robbers to roam the streets? Isn't less arm robbers better for the society?   GOD  HELP ME!!!!

Feel free to yab if you want to, i asked some questions, what happened to the monies collected during the gulf war? What happened to the billions spent on the power generation during the period of obasanjo? You were talking about GJ, are you saying because he's the president he's motives on corruption should not be questioned? This is a man whose wife was accused of laundring money when he was governor, the operating word here is accused, the same about Ibori, he's accused of stealing funds of delta state govt., now whats the difference between Ibori's accusation and that of patience?
The US has reports on IBB and other thieves that have stolen money from nigeria, they have imprisoned their citizens for some of these crimes, the question is why have they not arrested IBB and others when they entered the US?
On RIBADU, why didn't he declare his assets when he was made the chairman of EFCC? Are you saying he's right not to have declared his assets?
Well, let me state my position clearly on this issue, i'm a deltan, i know Ibori is a criminal and deserved to be tried in court, but GJ is not a saint! This is politically motivated! RIBADU said no less than 27 governors have cases to answer, what happened to these governors? Was GJ's name not on that initial list?
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by sulad82i(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2010
At last. Ole buruku
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Remii(m): 10:52pm On May 13, 2010
Abagworo:

selective [b]just[/b]ice cannot be [b]just[/b]ified.

yes, but as long as the person being punished is not innocent, it is still acceptable. You may not be able to kill all the rats in the house, one day govt would develop enough gut to arrest the like of odili who is hiding under court injuction to evade arrest.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by nearest(m): 10:56pm On May 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Come on.

Go for it.

You know you want to.

Give him a bit, son.

You know he deserves.

Whip him with a few insults, mate, you will feel good afterwards. grin grin grin grin

My guy, thats your stock in trade, feel free to flog, yab, curse or spew whatever you want to, bottom line, i don't care!
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by fender(m): 11:00pm On May 13, 2010
Evil shall slay the wicked.period!!
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by saemoenl(f): 11:06pm On May 13, 2010
No peace for the wicked. and what shall it profit a man to gain the world and not to sleep coolele? Corruption,
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by sulad82i(m): 11:13pm On May 13, 2010
On a more serious note, this guy acted like a dummy. He showed the EFCC he was weak thats y they came after him. L@@K at ojuyobo (Tinubu) he hang around and even scare them by making bigger moves. He is still there and probably still taking more money than Ibori. If he connect with the right pple (which I think its possible), he will walk again like it never happend. Abi no be 9ja? The man go sponsor another governor one day.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by rasputinn(m): 11:18pm On May 13, 2010
[img][/img]

Behold some of the other members of the thieving Ibori gang

Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by rasputinn(m): 11:23pm On May 13, 2010
[img][/img]

Ibori's cousin and present governor of Delta State who is currently looting Delta state dry.We must ensure he doesnt return to government house Asaba in 2011 so he too can be arrested so he will tell us where he got the 40 billion naira he gave Ibori in January to for the Turai cabal to prevent Jonathan from being made acting presido

Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by oge4real(f): 11:28pm On May 13, 2010
Thisguy sould be dealt with once and for all, make we see road.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Osama10(m): 11:33pm On May 13, 2010
rasputinn:

[img][/img]

Ibori's cousin and present governor of Delta State who is currently looting Delta state dry.We must ensure he doesnt return to government house Asaba in 2011 so he too can be arrested so he will tell us where he got the 40 billion naira he gave Ibori in January to for the Turai cabal to prevent Jonathan from being made acting presido

You got it right, the state is so dry now with this Udughan guy.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by rasputinn(m): 11:37pm On May 13, 2010
[img][/img]

James Ibori's brother-in-law,Chiedu has always been a snake,quite unlike his late father,well respected professor of medicine at the UBTH

Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by SLIGHT(m): 11:59pm On May 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Come on.

Go for it.

You know you want to.

Give him a bit, son.

You know he deserves.

Whip him with a few insults, mate, you will feel good afterwards. grin grin grin grin

special adviser!
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Ourturn(m): 1:16am On May 14, 2010
lastpage:

First, apologies to "our-turn" for those 'undeserved' insults.
Civility deserves that "they" should be 'a man' and apologize but if they dont, take mine on their behalf!
I say this as an independent observer of the last few pages.
EVERYONE has the right to air their views, no matter how silly you think mine is, l probably think your is worse BUT what makes us educated and civilized is our ability to tolerate each others differing (even manic!) views grin

Having said that, l am glad that 1,000,000 thieves, minus ONE is a victory and a step in the  right direction.

Like we all know, this country is infested with thieves in government!
We all also know that we cant arrest all of them AT ONCE, very impractical if not impossible so, we nibble at them bit by bit.

More practical We (or Baba God) will set them against each other so that we can have a "manageable" number to deal with.

Again, who we can catch today, depends on "who is doing the catching" wink

THIEF catch THIEF = LESS THIEVES!

Catching the "biggest thief" (Like OBJ/IBB) and using them as scape goat might make small thieves like "us"  grin think twice before dipping our hands in the till! Its a way of maximizing resources, at times.

As for "selective Justice", it is bad but it is what we can afford for now, at least until Nigerians develop/grow "Real Balls"!

I feel you pain on this "our-turn", but it is "THEIR TURN" grin You gat the logic? wink

Finally, if the p"imperative" is not achievable, lets settle for the "practical".

Just too many thieves to deal with, walahi!

BTW: The day OBJ and IBB are made to account for their loot, THAT will be the day.

Nuff said.

Honestly, I wanted to retaliate all those running their mouths on my post, as if it was posted against their comments, but your post here broke me down. I appreciate your concern and I forgive them all. Thanks Bros!.

Once again, Ibori is not under any detention, but at his house in Dubai. I am just privileged to always have first hand info about him. I have no connection whatsoever with him. If I did, I will not come here and be telling you this, rather, I will be savouring in the millions, and keep my mouth shut!.
Thanks once again, Bros!.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Kilode1: 1:33am On May 14, 2010
deep sight said
Mr. harakiri - Would you care to suggest to me exactly where the war on corruption in Nigeria should start?

Given that -

1. All Nigerian politicians are corrupt

2. Politicians form the government -

- THE ineluctable reality is that no government will ever have the moral authourity to prosecute ANYONE for corruption.

Might i suggest to you that in a situation such as ours, we will have to rely on the in-fighting and vendetta amongst the politicians to fish out every now and then some corrupt politicians.

When that happens, rather than complain about selective justice (which is better than no justice), we should simply look to see if the accused persons are guilty as charged and thank God that another one has bitten the dust.

Gradually, they will all rat each other out.
Well Said!

Naija people!!! That is how I need y'all to start thinking, that is what we need, this detachment from the looters who only care about their pockets and no one else is absolutely valid and necessary!!

We need more Dog eat Dog, as a matter of fact, Political Dog eat Dogism should be a constitutionally protected right,

at least we'll know we aint' the only ones getting screwd until they all choke on their evil vomits!!
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Kilode1: 1:39am On May 14, 2010
Ok, Lastpage went there too?  I just saw your post. Great!

My Naija people are waking up! we should owe no allegiance to these sociopaths!!

just keep preaching the gospel to those around you, until we all get it or at least reduce the population of those who act with impunity -against our collective interests.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

40 INEC Staff Held Hostage In Bayelsa As Militants Hijack Materials / Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts / PDP, Treasury Looters Are Conniving To Bring Down Our Govt – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.