Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,855 members, 7,915,463 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:48 AM

Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides (26103 Views)

For Couples And Those About To Marry / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Lesbian And Gay Marriage Both Sides Of The Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by 1enasog: 7:13am On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 7:15am On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Mamken(f): 7:20am On Mar 30, 2011
all the people who criticized my relationship and got married years after me, with their own pure race, r now divorced and single mothers.
but my man is still by my side keeping me shining!

an advice i can give to the ones who r living in a multicultural/biracial relationship is:
even if its difficult, dont give a poo abt what others think or say abt u. even if it's your mother . . .keep on going your way!

wish u all a wonderfull day
smiley
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2011
~*Mamken*~:

all the people who criticized my relationship and got married years after me, with their own pure race, r now divorced and single mothers.
but my man is still by mi side keeping me shining!

an advice i can give to the ones who r living in a multicultural/biracial relationship is:
even if its difficult, dont give a poo abt what others think or say abt u. even if it's your mother . . .keep on going your way!

wish u all a wonderfull day
smiley

Please tell em. This is lovely cry cry cry
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Mamken(f): 7:33am On Mar 30, 2011
sweet potato, if hes the right man for u, nothing can change it. . . kiss
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2011
Mamken, I do hope so. I am crying everyday because of this. cry cry cry Only God can help us. cry cry cry
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by newmi(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2011
. . . .
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Tosinville(m): 8:10am On Mar 30, 2011
Ms.Potato
Unfortunate would have to wait for reed to show up on again be dat.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 8:14am On Mar 30, 2011
Tosin, do you think he forgotten about me?

i just feel maybe he has found someone else. cry cry cry
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 8:15am On Mar 30, 2011
Tosin, please add me up on YIM and Facebook

Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Tosinville(m): 8:22am On Mar 30, 2011
Ms.potato
well i can't tell maybe he's forgotten about you or not but you have to wait for him first to come on here & why the fb and yahoo fake contact?¿
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 8:37am On Mar 30, 2011
To be honest with you, I always like you to be my friend from before. But everytime I wanna make contact with you, you started insulting me leaving me to cry. cry But today since u are becoming more of yourself, thats why I want to make friends and peace with you. But if you dont want, than its ok. I wont force you
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Tosinville(m): 8:47am On Mar 30, 2011
Ms.Potato
Yeah! i know myself that you like me to be your friend right from your thread where aminalib & i start our e-love and i like you too thats the reason why i decided to apologize to u, and how those insult, i hv promise never would i do that again ever & pls don't let us hack back hun, send your real fb contact to my msn inbox let me add you up immediately, dear.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 8:50am On Mar 30, 2011
Ok I have sent you the msg through my YIM. Have you seen it?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Tosinville(m): 8:55am On Mar 30, 2011
I didn't get any message o!, u wan tease me die for here ni? Oops! i'm bored, let me get out of here.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 8:59am On Mar 30, 2011
NOOO! Im serious I really did add you in through my YIM ooo
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 9:00am On Mar 30, 2011
I can even see you on my YIM list now but u are not online
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Tosinville(m): 9:04am On Mar 30, 2011
Really? let me go check it out again then.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 9:14am On Mar 30, 2011
sad cry
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Tosinville(m): 9:18am On Mar 30, 2011
Oops! i dislike jokes whenever i'm serious & you're really making d fool outta me lol, its your time and if you can't send me your YIM to my inbox let me add u up on my yim u can forget about it then
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 9:24am On Mar 30, 2011
I did send to you ooooooo.

Hey! U think Im joking right?

Here, if you think Im p,laying around, please add me than. My YIM is
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Tosinville(m): 9:29am On Mar 30, 2011
I want it in private not here lol, alright i have already sent you a request on there, boo
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2011
But you didnt reply me oo sad
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Tosinville(m): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2011
I'm done
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by didara86(f): 11:22am On Mar 30, 2011
Wow, i'm really surprised how many replied to my topic!

Unfortunately i had no chance yet to read all of the replies, just the first site.
Don't think I disappeared! lol
I'll still go on with reading in the afternoon.

So many kind words and uplifting comments that i never expected.
Thanks so much for it.
It shows me that i might be biased myself - always expecting being rejected.

But when i read here what others have/had to go through, I can still say: I'm lucky.

It's not even the rude kind of racism that i refer to. I know it exists and we have to experience it from time to time, but we both don't care about those people.
Not too long ago we were thinking of moving to my husband's country and i could pretty well imagine living there.
But that changed. I would worry about getting into society, moreover REALLY becoming a part of his family.
He told me as a white person life would be much easier for me over there than it is for him here in Germany.
There's less racism.
I could carry around a dead body in my car boot and my chances would be pretty good not to be punished for it - just because i'm white. A native would be killed right away.
I could go and apply for a job as a teacher and with a little effort I would get the job, my insufficient education  notwithstanding.
A native would never get the chance.
If there was a road to be build and 2 different companies try to get that job - one a native company, one a company of a white man - there would be no chance for the native man to succeed.
I myself could stroll around the streets in his hometown and everybody would like to have a chat with me. I could have lots of nice conversations.
When my husband walks around here, some people even change their side of street.

Of course, life is easier when you are treaten respectfully and when you don't have to experience discrimination all the time.
But what do i get over there in his country? People won't treat me like this because they love me so much. It's about humility. They are afraid of consequences if they treat me differently.
I'm sure that this leads to a lot of anger and rage for those who suffer from this inequality. At the same time young students don't get the chance to attend their favourite university, just because they weren't born into the "right", influental family.
But that's again a government problem that enables things like that.

Maybe we should go and live somewhere else, where we both are strangers and where the black and white thing is balanced. cheesy Does such a country exist?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
What does native mean. And yes, you should probably go somewhere like america or britain where the racism is less.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2011
Ms. Potato,

We all have preferences including you. Please let keep it real. It is called Freedom of choice meaning freedom to marry whomever, eat whatever, wear whatever, see whatever, and feel whatever. Just because you feel that it is not okay to not "want" someone that has this or that does not mean I have to accept it and go with the flow.

You chose your man over your family and I respected that please reciprocate the same in return. Thanks in advance.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2011
didara86:

Wow, i'm really surprised how many replied to my topic!

Unfortunately i had no chance yet to read all of the replies, just the first site.
Don't think I disappeared! lol
I'll still go on with reading in the afternoon.

So many kind words and uplifting comments that i never expected.
Thanks so much for it.
It shows me that i might be biased myself - always expecting being rejected.

But when i read here what others have/had to go through, I can still say: I'm lucky.

It's not even the rude kind of racism that i refer to. I know it exists and we have to experience it from time to time, but we both don't care about those people.
Not too long ago we were thinking of moving to my husband's country and i could pretty well imagine living there.
But that changed. I would worry about getting into society, moreover REALLY becoming a part of his family.
He told me as a white person life would be much easier for me over there than it is for him here in Germany.
There's less racism.
I could carry around a dead body in my car boot and my chances would be pretty good not to be punished for it - just because i'm white. A native would be killed right away.
I could go and apply for a job as a teacher and with a little effort I would get the job, my insufficient education  notwithstanding.
A native would never get the chance.
If there was a road to be build and 2 different companies try to get that job - one a native company, one a company of a white man - there would be no chance for the native man to succeed.
I myself could stroll around the streets in his hometown and everybody would like to have a chat with me. I could have lots of nice conversations.
When my husband walks around here, some people even change their side of street.

Of course, life is easier when you are treaten respectfully and when you don't have to experience discrimination all the time.
But what do i get over there in his country? People won't treat me like this because they love me so much. It's about humility. They are afraid of consequences if they treat me differently.
I'm sure that this leads to a lot of anger and rage for those who suffer from this inequality. At the same time young students don't get the chance to attend their favourite university, just because they weren't born into the "right", influental family.
But that's again a government problem that enables things like that.

Maybe we should go and live somewhere else, where we both are strangers and where the black and white thing is balanced. cheesy Does such a country exist?

Unfortunately and fortunate that country does not exist. Just have to live life as you choose and if you choose to worry about other people then that on you. "Mixed" couples is old and nothing special about it. Do you and be happy with your decision.

By the way, are you married to a short funny looking Nigerian by any chance? There is a picture floating around on the site about a German woman and Nigerian man. You admitted that you are German. Just curious.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2011
LMAO@somebody saying that because they married in the same race their marriage didn't last long grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The "color" of someone's skin does not determine rather your relationship will last or fail. It is the character, mindset, personality, and love that will keep a relationship going. You will not last long with anyone regardless of what color they are if you do not have those virtues intact.

There are single mothers in every creed and divorced women/men in every creed. Please people stop making it seems though if you choose to stick with someone that look like you, you are doomed. If the person is your better half then marry that person or be in a relationship with that person and STOP worrying about what OTHER people think of your relationship.

DO not get upset or cry because others do not agree with your relationship and pick friends that are in agreement with you relationship and MOVE ON. It is that simple. You shouldn't seek validation from strangers or people who are not in agreement with you. If you do not feel that you are worthy and divine, why do you expect others to feel the same?

Exactly.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2011
problems in relationships arent limited to or necessarily because the couple is a different ethnicity or color.

and even if it is, it's still a choice you make to either date the person or not.

not that i'm not sympathetic, but that doesnt change the fact that it's a choice.

the nigerian men involved most times, have less to lose overall, because if one woman doesnt work out, they'll simply move on to another one.

if the woman is a decent type and not the low class hookers we see on nl all the time, then she's to be pitied cos she may end up regretting, if the man turns out to be not worth all the stress eventually.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2011

you dont say!!!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Mamken(f): 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2011
i've noticed that u r looking for my attention . . . wink

why dont u like me, hun? kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice / Advantages Of Not Having A Lover / What Do You Miss Most About Your Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.