Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,496 members, 7,885,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides (25982 Views)

For Couples And Those About To Marry / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Lesbian And Gay Marriage Both Sides Of The Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
~*Mamken*~:

i've noticed that u r looking for my attention . . . wink

why dont u like me, hun? kiss

^is there a particular reason why i must like you?

care to share what it is?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Ms. Potato,

We all have preferences including you. Please let keep it real. It is called Freedom of choice meaning freedom to marry whomever, eat whatever, wear whatever, see whatever, and feel whatever. Just because you feel that it is not okay to not "want" someone that has this or that does not mean I have to accept it and go with the flow.

You chose your man over your family and I respected that please reciprocate the same in return. Thanks in advance.

My dear, is not like I am against your preference but all Im trying to say is you dont have to be too direct that way naa as it might offend some individuals if you know what I mean
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2011
Ms. Potato:

My dear, is not like I am against your preference but all Im trying to say is you dont have to be too direct that way naa as it might offend some individuals if you know what I mean

Well, I do not have any control over what offend people and what don't. I don't walk on eggshells thinking if I say A the wrong way that may offend this person or that person. People need to stop taking everything in offense and life will be much easier. As long as we live we will always hear things we do not like. The challenge is can you take it as a grain of salt?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Mamken(f): 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2011
tpiah!:

^is there a particular reason why i must like you?

care to share what it is?

well. . .

i'm sympathetic
i'm kind
i'm sincere
i'm honest
i'm lovely

u still dont like me?

ok, then do me a favour. . .
avoid me. . .  smiley
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by didara86(f): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2011
tpiah!:

What does native mean.
I mean a person who's offspring is in this country. Someone who was born there, who's parents were born there etc.
Sorry if i chose the wrong word for it. I got less chances to practise my english.

When i talk about the short duration of interracial relationships, i mean those, where from at least on one side it's clear that it wouldn't last forever. Where at least one part of the couple doesn't expect an everlasting relationship.
What makes some people think that people with different heritage don't fit together.
Or clearly: What makes people think that Europeans and Africans don't fit together.
Of course, i know that a relationship bases on 2 characters and their will.
But what about those who exclude success for a mixed marriage?

Mrs.Chima:

By the way, are you married to a short funny looking Nigerian by any chance?  There is a picture floating around on the site about a German woman and Nigerian man.  You admitted that you are German.  Just curious.  
Nope, lol, I'm not married to a Nigerian. To feed ur curiosity u can have a look at my profile pic. There u can see us wink
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by chic2pimp(m): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
didara86:
Not too long ago we were thinking of moving to my husband's country and i could pretty well imagine living there.
But that changed. I would worry about getting into society, moreover REALLY becoming a part of his family.
He told me as a white person life would be much easier for me over there than it is for him here in Germany.
There's less racism.
I could carry around a dead body in my car boot and my chances would be pretty good not to be punished for it - just because i'm white. A native would be killed right away.
I could go and apply for a job as a teacher and with a little effort I would get the job, my insufficient education notwithstanding.
A native would never get the chance.
If there was a road to be build and 2 different companies try to get that job - one a native company, one a company of a white man - there would be no chance for the native man to succeed
I myself could stroll around the streets in his hometown and everybody would like to have a chat with me. I could have lots of nice conversations.
When my husband walks around here, some people even change their side of street.

Unfortunately He is very right. That is assuming he is African/Asian ofcourse
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Freesia(f): 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2011
"Of course prejusdices would always be with the human race but it is what it is.

Among Africans if you want to marry from another country there would be ppl who would talk.

Among Nigerians if you want to marry from another tribe some ppl would talk

Among the same tribe if you want to marry from another town ppl would have things to say

Even if you marry from your family self  , ppl would still complain"

Mr Dayokanu nobody could have said it  any better it's all so exhausting !!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2011
Ms.Potato what ever floats your boat. I don't understand your
point but you will be ok.

Mamken I dont know what your point on being on an African site is but if it is to
'show off' and advertise I.R. dating you are in a sea full of sharks and I can and will
be the alpha female shark if necessary  wink but I am not trying to go there so with that
being said. . .
[size=14pt]
END THIS TOPIC OOOOOOOOOOO!

IT IS REDUNDANT AND THE BICKERING GOES NO WHERE!

THERE ARE FAR MORE BLACK MEN WHO APPRECIATE AND PREFER

BLACK WOMEN THAN OTHER WISE OK? LET IT GOOOOOOO!

AND TO POSTER IF YOU KEEP TRYING TO RUN AWAY THEN YOU ARE NOT READY

FOR AN I.R. RELATIONSHIP AND ARE FOOLING YOURSELF. YOU ARE WITH HIM

SO DEAL WITH WHAT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY AND END THIS CLICHE ARGUMENT.

JUST LIVE AND LET LIVE SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by chic2pimp(m): 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=18pt]NAHHHHHH KEEP IT GOING!!![/size]
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
Keep what going? a grown arse man wants to
continue with the back and forth? well be my guest.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ didara today you`re not dating a nigerian. What about tomorrow. Just asking.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
didara86:

I mean a person who's offspring is in this country. Someone who was born there, who's parents were born there etc.
Sorry if i chose the wrong word for it. I got less chances to practise my english.

When i talk about the short duration of interracial relationships, i mean those, where from at least on one side it's clear that it wouldn't last forever. Where at least one part of the couple doesn't expect an everlasting relationship.
What makes some people think that people with different heritage don't fit together.
Or clearly: What makes people think that Europeans and Africans don't fit together.
Of course, i know that a relationship bases on 2 characters and their will.
But what about those who exclude success for a mixed marriage?
Nope, lol,  I'm not married to a Nigerian. To feed your curiosity u can have a look at my profile pic. There u can see us wink

Your guy isn't a stud but he definitely looks BETTER than Tosin.  He is a chatter on this site.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by chic2pimp(m): 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2011
And what is wrong with that if I may ask?. . . . Plus some of the replies to this topic has actually been very good(extremely rare with regards to the Romance Section)
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
When the replies become redundant that in itself becomes a problem. It is not the topic at hand but the recycled replies that is annoying.

Some of us do get tired of hearing a broken record.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by chic2pimp(m): 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
Well MostMany Topics and Replies on NL are recycled. Unfortunately this is NL, it is what it is.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2011
Oh well.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2011
exactly chima.

but at the same time. everyone knows the africans and americans date.
everyone knows caribbeans and africans date so no need to flood this site with
those threads like i am on a mission. if ppl do not like such relationships that is their problem
no need to ask or force tolerance.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by didara86(f): 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2011
tpiah!:

@ didara today you`re not dating a nigerian. What about tomorrow. Just asking.
What kind of question is this?
Hopefully i don't have to date anybody else again except my husband.

I don't complain about the situation, or better, i don't call my life into question just because of those facts i metioned earlier.
I just wish it was different.
I was just curious which the prejudices are, concerning a white woman on an african man' side.
Yet nobody has been daring enough to mention it. But maybe i'm off the track and there are none.

I'm strong enough to cope, either black and white racism or discrimination from whom ever.
I consciously went for this relationship.
But i really hope in future things will change.

I didn't mean to bore you with my thread and i'm glad that i got some very interesting and nice answers to my question.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
i'm just asking because occasionally we have some people who come here , state they're not dating or interested in nigerians, then before you can say bingo, they're pulling all kinds of stunts just to hang on to nairaland men.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
~*Mamken*~:

well. . .

i'm sympathetic
i'm kind
i'm sincere
i'm honest
i'm lovely

u still dont like me?

ok, then do me a favour. . .
avoid me. . . smiley

good for you!!!!

now explain why i must like you!!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by pleep(m): 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
hmm, people an Niaraland are much to foward and agressive.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 12:13am On Mar 31, 2011
pleep:

Agreed
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Mamken(f): 7:27am On Mar 31, 2011
pleep:

thank u!

MzDarkSkin:

Mamken I dont know what your point on being on an African site is but if it is to
'show off' and advertise I.R. dating you are in a sea full of sharks and I can and will
be the alpha female shark if necessary  wink but I am not trying to go there so with that
being said. . .
[size=14pt]
END THIS TOPIC OOOOOOOOOOO!

IT IS REDUNDANT AND THE BICKERING GOES NO WHERE!

THERE ARE FAR MORE BLACK MEN WHO APPRECIATE AND PREFER

BLACK WOMEN THAN OTHER WISE OK? LET IT GOOOOOOO!

size]

clap for urself MZ . . .  grin
usually u r more rational and read all posts carefully. that wasnt the case here. . . guess u girls r on ur period  wink
tell me where in this thread i've offendet any of u black women or even just spoke to any of u!?!?!
is it not tipiah that is nagging on my enemy!?!?

so please u people don bring this ur wahala near me ooo . . .

and btw, girls, u r not really helping ur fellow mates with this kin behaviour.
it's now i understand what "black women too much like shakara" means. . .

shark, goldfish or trout . . . dont be ridicolous pls  smiley

wish u all a pleasant and PEACEFULL day

cheers
mamaken
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Thirst4Lif: 7:38am On Mar 31, 2011
Not meaning to be unkind, but you knew racism existed when she chose your husband!

So it's a little late to complain about it now!

Live your life and be happy with your choice!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by 1enasog: 10:05am On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2011
And yes, you should probably go somewhere like america or britain where the racism is less.

@comment, the racism in Britain is MUCH worse than in Germany. I'm familiar with both countries and i know what i'm saying.

@didara86, ich lebe in der pfalz und ich bin in ein I.R beziehung auch, mit einem Englander. Wo wohnst du? Vielleicht koennen wir uns bald treffen grin grin grin
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by debest1(m): 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2011
naijangel7:

@comment, the racism in Britain is MUCH worse than in Germany. I'm familiar with both countries and i know what i'm saying.

@didara86, ich lebe in der pfalz und ich bin in ein I.R beziehung auch, mit einem Englander. Wo wohnst du? Vielleicht koennen wir uns bald treffen grin grin grin
No way is the racism in Uk worse than Germany, the UK have come a long way in their fight against racism, as far as i know they are one of the most liberal of all the european nations
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by klear(f): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2011
Racism happens all d tym so deal wit it, if u cant sustain & fight for ur inter racial r/ship den come out of it & its nt only inter racial, its inter tribal & wat have u. If a yoruba chick wants 2 marry an Igbo guy, hell is let loose & vice versa ( wat a sick world!) I cant 4get d day I gave my supposedly good friend a tongue lash 4 sneering at my guy simply cos he is 4rm a different tribe 4rm mine. @  Ms Potato if he loves u, is caring, respects & understands u, dnt let him go ( anoda chick may b eyeing him & praying dat u guys break up  grin). Its d inside dat counts & nt wat is on d outside. My bro married 4rm anoda race, my sis married 4rm anoda tribe & dia marriages r d best. People will always talk no matter wat so let dem talk. Dnt sacrifice ur happiness on d alter of s.one's selfishness ( my pappy raked 2 d high heavens bt wen my sis threatened 2 walk out & neva return he calmed down. today, notin goes down n my family witout my bro-in-law been present  grin)
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by klear(f): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2011
debest1:

No way is the racism in Uk worse than Germany, the UK have come a long way in their fight against racism, as far as i know they are one of the most liberal of all the european nations

@debest1, it is worst! It n UK dat I knew d bifference between been a British & been a white man grin grin grin talk abt racism!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
debest1:

I don't even want to get into an argument on that. But the Germans are still quite embarrassed about their history of racism and go the extra mile to be friendly. The French, the Dutch and the British are much more racist than Germans. A French person would never try to speak english to you as a foreigner even if you're in desperate need of help and he does speak english, but Germans usually go out of their way to help you. I could give you at least 3 amazing occassions where i've been helped  by complete strangers in Germany. They smile at u on the streets, make small talk on the train, ask about your hair etc. the dutch and French will never do that. as for the British, watch their reality TV, go to their chat forums, walk on their streets and you'll know what i'm talking about. Germany also has, and enforces, a strict anti-racism law. You can't find racist German chat forums like all those racist Brit forums. Or racism on TV in Germany? NEVER!

I was in Germany during their last elections, and while many of them didn't necessarily like the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, they went and voted for her party just because their policies are more immigration-friendly and they wanted to keep the parties with racist-like ideologies out. My British friends will be the first to tell you that their people are more racist than Germans. I have travelled around Germany with British friends. My boyfriend is English.

Anyway, i think this is an interesting read about interracial couples in history. Really found the couples inspiring grin wink cheesy

http://listverse.com/2011/01/25/10-fascinating-interracial-marriages-in-history/
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^ a French person that doesn't want to speak to you in English has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with racism!
Get your facts right.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 12:55pm On Mar 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^ a French person that doesn't want to speak to you in English has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with racism!
Get your facts right.

And when he speaks English to the person with paler skin standing beside you? But insists on speaking French to you? What's that called, sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? / South African Girls Have The Real Orobo: Bums Like No Other-- / Groom And Groomsmen Storm The Dance Floor As They Vibe To Burna Boy's Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.