Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,514 members, 7,885,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 01:52 AM

Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides (25983 Views)

For Couples And Those About To Marry / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Lesbian And Gay Marriage Both Sides Of The Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^ what you are saying is pure fables.
French don't like to talk any other languages than French to ANYBODY(whether white yellow or green)
That's simply because we are very proud of our language and country and has NOTHING to do with racism. As the saying goes in France:" if you come to France then you should accept that people speak French"
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by teeboyseve(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2011
There is Racism in every country, But I can tell you its still better in the UK. They take Racism serious in UK,its not a joke at all.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by maclatunji: 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^ what you are saying is pure fables.
French don't like to talk any other languages than French to ANYBODY(whether white yellow or green)
That's simply because we are very proud of our language and country and has NOTHING to do with racism. As the saying goes in France:" if you come to France then you should accept that people speak French"

That is not true, they are always quick to speak in English to the BBC and the American tourists.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^ this is pure BS and I guess you should travel a little bit more rather than listen to the HE say, SHe say!
I am French, Born and bred! Yes there is racism in France, no it has nothing to do with speaking English to foreign tourists. Its a well know fact ALL OVER THE WORLD that French understand English but we will arrogantly reply to tourists in French. Its been voted the NUMBER ONE touristic complaint about France for decades, duh!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by debest1(m): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^ a French person that doesn't want to speak to you in English has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with racism!
Get your facts right.
Abi o, ever tried speaking in english to any french person outside of paris? they just deliberately bone u,
klear:

@debest1, it is worst! It n UK dat I knew d bifference between been a British & been a white man grin grin grin talk abt racism!
is that so? you obviously didnt grow up in nigeria then, where some people are keen to draw a distinction between a nigerian and hausa

naijangel7:

I don't even want to get into an argument on that. But the Germans are still quite embarrassed about their history of racism and go the extra mile to be friendly. The French, the Dutch and the British are much more racist than Germans.
I was in Germany during their last elections, and while many of them didn't necessarily like the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, they went and voted for her party just because their policies are more immigration-friendly and they wanted to keep the parties with racist-like ideologies out. My British friends will be the first to tell you that their people are more racist than Germans. I have travelled around Germany with British friends. My boyfriend is English.
Anyway, i think this is an interesting read about interracial couples in history. Really found the couples inspiring grin wink cheesy

http://listverse.com/2011/01/25/10-fascinating-interracial-marriages-in-history/
everytime a naija man breaks the law he and is caught he screams racism, his boss reprimands him for coming late to work or for having 6 mobile phhones on his desk he screams racism, While i cannot speak for the whole of UK, i can tell u that in the time i have lived here i have experienced no more discrimination than i've seen in nigeria
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
maclatunji:

That is not true, they are always quick to speak in English to the BBC and the American tourists.

Allow the ostrich to keep his head in the sand. The French a.s.s-kiss American tourists left and right and speak their nasalised English all over the place then grin grin. Sometimes when i'm with my boyfriend and they think we're both english, they speak english to both of us. When i'm alone, i see stu.pid people.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
debest1:

everytime a naija man breaks the law he and is caught he screams racism, his boss reprimands him for coming late to work or for having 6 mobile phhones on his desk he screams racism, While i cannot speak for the whole of UK, i can tell u that in the time i have lived here i have experienced no more discrimination than i've seen in nigeria

What has this got to do with my comment which you quoted
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
That goes to show you OP that racism still exist and will until the end of time. As I stated previously there is nothing YOU can do but live your life and be happy with your decision. if you are not happy with your decision then it is something wrong with YOU and not the person who is unhappy with your decision.

Real talk.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
Educate yourself rather than thinking that your race is the problem. I have traveled extensively AND the first thing Australians, Japanese, Chinese, Scandinavians or South/North Americans tell me when they learn I am French is: why does French people (in France) don't like to talk in English to tourists?

Btw: if its such a problem to you or anyone else then either A) learn how to speak French or B) don't come to France. Et voila!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Educate yourself rather than thinking that your race is the problem. I have traveled extensively AND the first thing Australians, Japanese, Chinese, Scandinavians or South/North Americans tell me when they learn I am French is: why does French people (in France) don't like to talk in English to tourists?

Btw: if its such a problem to you or anyone else then either A) learn how to speak French or B) don't come to France. Et voila!

Go read my comment again and put things in perspective. Your narrow-mindedness is affecting your ability to read. I was making comparison based on something posted earlier. In any case, you have said nothing new or nothing contradicting my points.

And your "Educate yourself" comment is laughable at best. One of us needs educating but it's definitely not me, judging from your grammar et al.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2011
My point WAS and IS that: the fact that French people don't like to speak English, although we understand it, has nothing to do with racism or that you are black.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

My point WAS and IS that: the fact that French people don't like to speak English, although we understand it, has nothing to do with racism or that you are black.

Have you explained why my white boyfriend has better luck?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
I surely can't but that single action should definitely NOT be a reason to call the entire French population racist (as I have shown you that they do it to every races).
There are racist all over the world, don't let the action of ONE person affect your judgment.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 2:14pm On Mar 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

I surely can't but that single action should definitely NOT be a reason to call the entire French population racist (as I have shown you that they do it to every races).
There are racist all over the world, don't let the action of ONE person affect your judgment.

Well, this is my last comment so that we keep the thread on track. My 1st point to someone else which you chose to respond to was to the effect that the French are more racist than Germans. I stick to that. I never said the entire population is racist. I am yet to hear of such a country. I meant it's easier to find acts of racism in France than in Germany, and that's a fact based on my experiences living in both countries. You don't have to agree with me
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2011
[size=18pt]mamken[/size] or mamaken you can go fck and slap yourself.
i see what you are all about. I dont represent all black women
but I would put a girl like you in check for trying to come on AN AFRICAN site
putting yourself on a pedestal like you schit golden eggs. Just because one or two
IGNORANT and self loathing african men manage to make you feel like you are
somebody doesn't mean you must pass your place especially with me. How dare you
even think to try to glorify in something like this when black women are being disrespected
and then when it is all good you want to pretend to be a 'white sister'. You have some nerve
talking out of your face about:

[size=13pt]"it's now i understand what "black women too much like shakara" means. . .[/size] "

are you paying any of our bills? are you fending for any of us? so since when are we obligated to
give two schits about how you see us when you are with a black man because you are second
choice? Don't make me show my heavy nyash on this site cause you haven't seen the best
of me. Someone like you who can't even use the spell check function wants to come to an African
forum and 'skin teeth' like you are cute. I don't know what horse schit you are being fed but if you think
for one second you are better than a black woman I will lend you my health insurance card so you can get your
head checked. Damn bright! Quishi! Mussi mad to rasclat.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2011
Oh I have already agreed with you that there is racism ALL OVER EUROPE but base French racism on something else!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

[size=18pt]Not meaning to be unkind, but you knew racism existed when she chose your husband!

So it's a little late to complain about it now![/size]

Live your life and be happy with your choice!

GBAM! that is ALL i am trying to say! wink
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2011
France!!1 URGH!!! angry

Yeahhh, . Ive been there but surprisingly, the French people are moe friendlier than thos Switzerland people. The french wont and refuse to talk in English. They seem to be very proud of their language but still, they answer you unlike the witzerland people. Most French Suisse people are very arrogant. The more you dont know how to speak french, the more they treat you like sh1t. angry
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

Not meaning to be unkind, but you knew racism existed when she chose your husband!

So it's a little late to complain about it now!

Live your life and be happy with your choice!

I don't think you're being fair to didara86. She insists that she's happy and not complaining. Her 1st post at the start of the thread explains what she wants to know. She asks valid questions. She's not whining or anything. we should be a little more understanding of people's viewpoint, we could also need info ourselves sometime. That's just life.

This is one of her questions:
I hear lots of Africans say that a white man/woman would never be a possibility when it comes to having a real family.
What do you think are the main facts why black and white people don't fit together in a relationship?
I'd love to hear the honest, maybe hard reality.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2011
Why spend all this time trying to force people to endorse your choices when they`re not the ones in your relationship?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2011
If your family or the otheer person`s family isnt as accepting as you want them to be, then what exactly is expected of nlers? Can we change them? My point is if you`ve chosen yourselves then just enjoy that without bothering about others. After all isnt that what happened in the first place.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2011
tpiah!:

[size=13pt]Why spend all this time trying to force people to endorse your choices when they`re not the ones in your relationship?[/size]

GBAM.
I think some ppl need to read that again. Bottom line.

Don't get me wrong ppl I am not against the OP's I.R.
relationship but sometimes u have to get over stuff. If you
don't want to be discriminated against then why bring attention
to the one thing you dread the most? especially when u are living
your own live? seriously. So i apologize if I sound insensitive but
racism is real and such is life.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Mamken(f): 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

[size=18pt]mamken[/size] or mamaken you can go fck and slap yourself.
i see what you are all about. I dont represent all black women
but I would put a girl like you in check for trying to come on AN AFRICAN site
putting yourself on a pedestal like you schit golden eggs. Just because one or two
IGNORANT and self loathing african men manage to make you feel like you are
somebody doesn't mean you must pass your place especially with me. How dare you
even think to try to glorify in something like this when black women are being disrespected
and then when it is all good you want to pretend to be a 'white sister'. You have some nerve
talking out of your face about:

[size=13pt]"it's now i understand what "black women too much like shakara" means. . .[/size] "

are you paying any of our bills? are you fending for any of us? so since when are we obligated to
give two schits about how you see us when you are with a black man because you are second
choice? Don't make me show my heavy nyash on this site cause you haven't seen the best
of me. Someone like you who can't even use the spell check function wants to come to an African
forum and 'skin teeth' like you are cute. I don't know what horse schit you are being fed but if you think
for one second you are better than a black woman I will lend you my health insurance card so you can get your
head checked. Damn bright! Quishi! Mussi mad to rasclat.

ehen  grin
now u r showing ur real face. . .

keep it up sis . . .  wink

and btw, i dont give a fu//ck abt what u r writing. . .
pls kiss my big, white, golden egg sh!tting nyash. . . kiss ur "brothers" use to worship wink
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2011
tpiah!:

Why spend all this time trying to force people to endorse your choices when they`re not the ones in your relationship?

True talk. I reached that deal with myself early in my life and so i've never had the kind of hater issues some people describe here. Fortunately, my family couldn't care less about the colour of skin, hair or eyes of my partner. So i never had any kind of challenge dating someone from a different race.

@Ms. potato, did you see this link i posted earlier, it's interesting:

http://listverse.com/2011/01/25/10-fascinating-interracial-marriages-in-history/?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4d55031a5fa691df%2C0
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2011
~*Mamken*~:

ehen  grin
now u r showing your real face. . .

keep it up sis . . .  wink

and btw, i dont give a fu//ck abt what u r writing. . .
pls kiss my big, white, golden egg sh!tting nyash. . . kiss your "brothers" use to worship wink

'Sis' my REAL un-purchased nyash wink
Good for you. And before you invite others to kiss that
breeding ground of Marburg and Ebola, clean it first wink brothers. . .
please. grin grin took you 30 minutes to conduct that
piece of crap line. You must be a blonde.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2011
naijangel7:

@Ms. potato, did you see this link i posted earlier, it's interesting:

http://listverse.com/2011/01/25/10-fascinating-interracial-marriages-in-history/?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4d55031a5fa691df%2C0

Yes my dear. Am half way reading it and I feel so inspired. if they can do it, Im sure I can too. Thank you very much kiss

Ehen! MzDarkSkin my sweet sister, Why you go vex for persin like this? Common now. No be mean like those yaba Left market Blackbooty babes with a wig and lots of mole on their wowo face ooo!!! angry angry angry Where is that soft gentle lady that I know before? Come back to me !!! Please come back to me!!!! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
tpiah!:

Exactly!  

Some people are looking for validation from others and I have noticed that MOST WHITE women who are in interracial marriages or relationships tend to compare their relationship with BLACK WOMEN and black men.  For some strange reason, they assumed because they have a black man that they have accomplished something but what they do not realize that these same black men they are "proud" of are talking about them behind their backs.  Of course, a black man won't tell you in your face what he really think of you especially if he is telling his hungry family that he is trying to get the cheese.  If you know what I mean.  

They are also saying to their BROTHERS and I have gay friends so they talk too.  White women are easier to control, do not give much mouth, they are more submissive, they are less demanding, and will do anything to keep their marriage afloat in other words put up with the bullshit.  Now if the white women are proud to be considered that then let them but the comparison is a sign of low self esteem and why I can't be like that.

The "hype" about interracial relationship is as old as the Love Machine some of you men and women are sporting.  Some of you need to get laid and obtain a job.  

So again BLACK WOMEN, allow them to flaunt and showboat for it has NOTHING to do with you.  There are black men who are loving themselves and their mothers.  Seek them if you are single and appreciate them if you have one.  It is that simple.  

Do not make others feel better that they crossed the color line it wasn't that difficult in the first place.  Non-black chicks stop seeking validation from OTHER PEOPLE for your relationship and love who you love and be happy.  

Poster asked for honesty and I gave it to her.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2011
*prints Chima's reply, frames it and hangs it up*

Tpiah was SPOT on with the line.

& Some ppl need to understand and REALIZE who
they are talking to, like Mamken.  tongue

@Potato I am still the same person. Ppl keep asking me to be the 'old Mz.DarkSKin'
but what you all fail to realize is that I refuse to keep turning my head away from the bull
esp. when it is thrown at me. Mamken knows she was out of line for that line. That was
disrespect. Even if black men diss us she has no place coming on an African site highlighting
a line used to disrespect black women. There are plenty of white nationalist sites and anti-black women
organizations she can join and recite that bull. Not on here. Not even you who is Asian and dating
a black man is coming on here to show off and show face when you feel special. That is the difference
between yourself and her. I am glad I saw that, cause I dont beg for friendships she can keep it.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by messiah(m): 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2011
FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME AND STATISTICALLY SPEAKING 99%  OF ALL INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS ARE BOUND TO FAIL.
MY ADVISE IS TO  ONLY GO FOR INTERRACIAL R/SHIP TO SATISFY YOUR CURIOSITY, ESP IF YOU'RE A GUY smiley
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2011
messiah:

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME AND STATISTICALLY SPEAKING 99%  OF ALL INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS ARE BOUND TO FAIL.
MY ADVISE IS TO  ONLY GO FOR INTERRACIAL R/SHIP TO SATISFY YOUR CURIOSITY, ESP IF YOU'RE A GUY smiley

hmmmm. . .good point.
More power to the 5 percent who do make it. I imagine
it is hard but in reality they are the ones who were strong enough
to face the criticisms and pull through. They usually do not seek to have the
approval of nor to bash those who do not date i.r. UNLIKE SOME WHO DO IT TO
FEEL SPECIAL. . .like Mamken. tongue
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

*prints Chima's reply, frames it and hangs it up*

Tpiah was SPOT on with the line.

& Some ppl need to understand and REALIZE who
they are talking to, like Mamken.  tongue

@Potato I am still the same person. Ppl keep asking me to be the 'old Mz.DarkSKin'
but what you all fail to realize is that I refuse to keep turning my head away from the bull
esp. when it is thrown at me. Mamken knows she was out of line for that line. That was
disrespect. Even if black men diss us she has no place coming on an African site highlighting
a line used to disrespect black women. There are plenty of white nationalist sites and anti-black women
organizations she can join and recite that bull. Not on here. Not even you who is Asian and dating
a black man coming on here to show off and show face when you feel special. That is the difference
between yourself and her. I am glad I saw that, cause I dont beg for friendships she can keep it.

When i read back all of your posts, I believe there is a misunderstanding between you both,.

I believe Mamken posted the earlier posts out of a slight anger and didnt mean any harm.But I would advicer you ladies to calm down. sad

messiah:

I dont think its about the failing in interracial relationships but its moe to do with the mount of people getting into interacial relationships.Lets face it, even today, globally, they are lesser interacial relationship compared to the same race relationships. I dont think it has 100% to do with failed relationship due to the different race
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2011
messiah:

source, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? / South African Girls Have The Real Orobo: Bums Like No Other-- / Groom And Groomsmen Storm The Dance Floor As They Vibe To Burna Boy's Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.