Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,691 members, 7,948,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 03:31 AM

Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? (13876 Views)

May The Gods Protect Our President Elect Who Is In UK (enemy Territory) / APC, Buhari Should Withdraw From Presidential Race - Fayose / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by roxell120(m): 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2011
AFTER WITNESSING JOS crisis twice,i didnt need a prophet to tell me its time to flee to safety.now i can sleep with my two eyes closed here in lagos.i shed tears whenever i remember what lovely jos has been reduced to by people who attatch no value to human life.jos is the only town that has the best whether in this country.may GOD help my brothers and friends ve the intention to leave but are not capable enough to start a new life elsewhere
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nduchucks: 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2011
Sun of god:

at least 90% of Nigeria's GDP comes from the South.

The North contribute nothing - The North without the South would quickly become another Somalia.

You know this - and I know this.

I'm sorry to say that you sound a bit ignorant here.

The Northern region is blessed with an enormous amount of mineral resources, agricultural potential, livestock potential, which when properly developed would enable the region to become self sustaining and major exporter of assorted goods. We have the potential to be the textile capital of Africa because we can produce enormous amount of cotton very cheaply.  Dangote is already doing wonders with cement.  Remember that groundnuts from Kano along with Cocoa from the SW were the main exports which sustained the country just a few years ago.  To say that the North without the South would quickly become another Somalia is a bunch of Balony.

I recall recently that there was chaos in the South simply because of scarcity of Onions. Please do not underestimate  mutual dependencies.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by emmke(m): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2011
A middle belter here. the population of igbos up north is almost if not equal to the population of igbos down south. As it stands now most of the cities down south are over populated so i really wonder how they will cope. Personally I really wont miss the igbos if they leave. Btw am not a hausa or muslim man. Am just a man who is sick and tired of the whining igbos who think that every one up north is their enemy. Adios igbos. Bye bye.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by FLORAC1(f): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2011
Tawkn abt space,we hv space,enouf land mass 2 occupy our brodas in d nrth.wot happens 2 al dos land alng d express way,d villages,we cn develop dm nd inhabit it .kumon! Datz nt an excuse.dy shld get der ass dwn here! Nd @topic,well,i tot dat d sourtherners wld hv learnt der lessn buh no, dy re stl ignorant,a land wer u slip wt 1 eye open,hiding abve ur roof if u hear any gunshots.damn! Datz nt lyf! Datz helll! Help me deliva ds message 2 dm(MURDerers) 'Bleep Y'all nd rOT IN HELL'
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by roxell120(m): 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2011
NDU CHUCKS,u are a saboteur. ur type make igbo race what it is today as regards disunity in purpose
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 21, 2011
excellent.
great potential .so you  have a good  foundation  for  a new nation we wish  you  well .ciao
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by kadman(m): 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2011
I can't read the whole thread, but God bless the OP. I was saying the same thing to my friends. Lets vacate the North totally, and then in turn FREEZE them out. Lets not rent out houses to them in SE and SW. Lets not enter their bikes, give their beggars money e.t.c ! There's no hope in sight, and no matter how many military memebers, at the onsought of a riot innocent Igbos and Yorubas will be killed. So lets just all leave that cursed part of the country holding us down.]

And as for NYSC members posted North. . . that's a story for another day undecided
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Sunofgod(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The Northern region is blessed with an enormous amount of mineral resources, agricultural potential, livestock potential, which when properly developed would enable the region to become self sustaining and major exporter of assorted goods. We have the potential to be the textile capital of Africa because we can produce enormous amount of cotton very cheaply.  Dangote is already doing wonders with cement.  Remember that groundnuts from Kano along with Cocoa from the SW were the main exports which sustained the country just a few years ago.  To say that the North without the South would quickly become another Somalia is a bunch of Balony.

I recall recently that there was chaos in the South simply because of scarcity of Onions. Please do not underestimate  mutual dependencies.

Some people (You) would argue that a Parasite actually brings benefits to its host.

Then why not extract and export all these minerals and educate your populace?

Northerners are a constant embarassment to Nigeria.

Its getting a bit much to stomach right now.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by playmode(m): 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2011
sr:

i feel v.sad at the level of hatred that naijas hv towards each other, the saddest thing for me is that the politicians+elites+power mongers have successfully found that the easiest joker they can play and instantly get us divided n fighting among ourselves is the relgious or ethinic cards. anytime its played we play as they expect irrespective of individuals level of education or exposure, its enough to numb our abilties to reason. some coments by some people on this site make me wonder if there is any of us who is not a relgious or ethinic bigot.
i personally think going by the level of hatred we have we should all go our separate ways, but the question is will that mean either the sothern or northern country get peace? becouse think of it in the north the muslims can use as simple as sect difference to take arms against one another while in the south just becouse we come from different families/communities any slight issue is also enough to get us at each others throats. and come to think of it the cost of the division. has anyone given a thought to the fact all the hard earned nairas you have in the bank will instantly become worthless? has any given a thought to the economic impact and emotional consequencies? how do you compensate all the igbos who have invested heavily up north and vice versa?
i think the solution of naija problem lies in equity & justice. i believe religious & ethinic violence will never stop untill we have courageous leaders that can insure justice is always metted to those behind these acts, wether a high imam or pastor becouse i personally hold our religious leaders responsible for these violence. naija is the most religious country in the world. in the books both religions talk peace & say love thy neighbor but i wonder what these people teach us in the confines of our mosques and churches, i hold them responsible for the immense hatred we habor. i say justice & fainess is the ultimate solution to our problem.

I feel what you are saying but i must say that if Nigeria splits neither side will lose if they have good leaders .Take a look at Germany and Japan ,this are two countries that were built from war ruin with no mineral resources and today this two countries are a million times better than Niegria.

With the understanding and awareness that Nigerians have today ,it is evident that Nigeria will be divided into at least 4 countries should it get to that stage

Namely Odua, Arewa ,Niger Delta and Biafra.

Arewa which consist of the north and some part of the midbelt has notable agriculture and there is untapped Gold in some part of the north.If Arewa elect a discipline who invites over to a bunch of foreign and experienced managers ,the country will become a class A country with a booming Economy in 10 years.

Odua has offshore oil in the ondo and lagos area,bitumen in ondo ,cocoa in ondo,solid agricultural base in kwara ,ekiti,ondo e.t.cOdua can only boast of a robust fishing industry.Odua also boast a robust banking ,entertainment and telecommunications industry.If Odua was to get a president like me,the country will be on par with Australia and Canada in 15 years.

Niger Delta as we will all know is already blessed with a lot of oil and with the right president in charge,it could easily become the next UAE in 10 years.

Biafra has oil and vast amount of business brains,igbos are masters when it comes to small scale businesses.They can easily build their nation up to the standard of the USA within 10 years.

Nigeria is currently made up of different ethnic groups that do not like or understand each other so i will prefer that we split because we will be better off if we do.Biafra will have an igbo president at last ,odua will get a yoruba president,ND will get Pat Utomi and arewa will get an hausa or fulani president.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by FLORAC1(f): 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@ndu.pls ansa ds questn.cn u compare btwn oil moni nd moni gtn 4 agric products?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks:

there is no dependency. we  BUY
the onions just like we buy samsung from korea .it is called trade.happens with  ghana and togo  too.abi ona dey dash us d onion nah?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by oluwabamis(m): 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
I also started a similar thread. see it here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651051.0.html. its unfortunate that we deceive ourselves into this nationhood of a thing, when its very glaring that lord luggard and co made a fatal error in bringing us together. if i may ask what is the similarities between the north and south, nothing i suppose. must we stay as a nation at all cost?. any southerner that doesnt value his/her life can sacrifice it in the north.
surely igbos like money more than their lives. i just wish them goodluck.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by FLORAC1(f): 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2011
Playmode.am feeling uuuu u!
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by sr: 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2011
Sun of god:

The hatred has been there for generations now and it would take generations for it to disappear.

As for splitting - There will be some short term losses - but long term gains for both the North and South.

The North will be free to wallow in their 'Sharia' and ignorance without recieving ridicule from the South.

The North can go and meet their past leaders for compensation.

Oil can be used to mitigate any loss made by a Southerner.

And long term with increased revenues and development Southerners will start to enjoy the quality of life they should have enjoyed over the last 50 years.

so the igbos have oil? in a broken naija you think the john togos will allow you touch their oil to compensate the igbos the cost of separation? bros get real o, if naija is breaking i dont think it will be north & south. if you think the ijaws will acept n share their oil with you think again. go ask those non oil producing communities evrn within the ND.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by roxell120(m): 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2011
i travelled to Bauchi last year february and got a shocker of my life. majority of the youth of this present generation roam the street without any plan for their future.while in the heart of Bauchi town they cant even communicate in english,even broken is strange to them.their lingua franca their is HAUSA.their text messages is in hausa.the go as far as changing their phone language to hausa.where are this people heading to like this with illiterate teenagers talking about taking on a new additional wife with no plan for the future.such can easily be used to forment trouble by their political leaders cos they too dont value their life.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Sunofgod(m): 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2011
sr:

so the igbos have oil? in a broken naija you think the john togos will allow you touch their oil to compensate the igbos the cost of separation? bros get real o, if naija is breaking i dont think it will be north & south. if you think the ijaws will acept n share their oil with you think again. go ask those non oil producing communities evrn within the ND.

If your going to quote me - quote me accurately.

Re-read my post.

Think your getting confused.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Sunofgod(m): 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
roxell120:

i travelled to Bauchi last year february and got a shocker of my life. majority of the youth of this present generation roam the street without any plan for their future.while in the heart of Bauchi town they cant even communicate in english,even broken is strange to them.their lingua franca their is HAUSA.their text messages is in hausa.the go as far as changing their phone language to hausa.where are this people heading to like this with illiterate teenagers talking about taking on a new additional wife with no plan for the future.such can easily be used to forment trouble by their political leaders cos they too dont value their life.

These sorts are a burden to the rest of Nigeria - A Big Burden!!!
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2011
If Igbos leave, other tribes in that region would be expected to leave too.

No. I want my Yorubas to spread out, from SW to N to SE to SS. Keep popping those babies kiss

If Northerners expect non-Northerners to vacate their region, then they should expect the move to be reciprocated in the South.

So what is GEJ doing about this threats? Why can't the North just come and and tell us they dont want to be in the union again?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by playmode(m): 8:37pm On Apr 21, 2011
FLORA.C.:

@ndu.pls ansa ds questn.cn u compare btwn oil moni nd moni gtn 4 agric products?

Ndu chucks is right.Oil money is worthless if it is not used for the good of the people.Nigeria is a very GOOD EXAMPLE.We make more money than any nation on the African continent everyday but South Africa,Botswana, Swaziland, Kenya and even common Lesotho has better infrastructure , medical care ,housing , electricity and water than us.Many countries like New Zealand ,Australia survive primarily on Agricultural exports,tourism and mining.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2011
FLORA.C.:

my understanding is that last year we made $50billion odd from oil.our gdp was about 4 times that. do not forget that oil is not really a growth sector in nigeria.compared with telecommunications or agriculture.with agric the money is in processing .you  must have heard of nestle and kraft foods worth 197 and 58 billion US$respectively compare that with the size of our entire economy so do not sneer at agriculture.
at any rate if we share all the  oil  money that is 50000 nairas a year each.
to be honest if nigeria  splits we in the west will quit we do not need the oil or the drama so you will be up to 150000 naira a year.well,
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by sr: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2011
Sun of god:

If your going to quote me - quote me accurately.

Re-read my post.

Think your getting confused.
you think i quote you wrong?? what is the topic again? i thought you said ", any loss by southerners", were you talking of ND when you say southerners?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2011
playmode:

Ndu chucks is right.Oil money is worthless if it is not used for the good of the people.Nigeria is a very GOOD EXAMPLE.We make more money than any nation on the African continent everyday but South Africa,Botswana, Swaziland, Kenya and even common Lesotho has better infrastructure , medical care ,housing , electricity and water than us.Many countries like New Zealand ,Australia survive primarily on Agricultural exports,tourism and mining.

I agree.

Nigeria has a very fertile soil. I believe if we use our full potential, the money we could be earning from Agriculture/exports could be worth more than the oil money.

Nigeria is very diverse, foreigners are in love with cultural diversity. Showcasing cultural diversity to tourists is another way to make money.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Sunofgod(m): 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I agree.

Nigeria has a very fertile soil. I believe if we use our full potential, the money we could be earning from Agriculture/exports could be worth more than the oil money.

Nigeria is very diverse, foreigners are in love with cultural diversity. Showcasing cultural diversity to tourists is another way to make money.

You do know nairaland has a 'Jokes' section.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2011
roxell120:

i travelled to Bauchi last year february and got a shocker of my life. majority of the youth of this present generation roam the street without any plan for their future.while in the heart of Bauchi town they cant even communicate in english,even broken is strange to them.their lingua franca their is HAUSA.their text messages is in hausa.the go as far as changing their phone language to hausa.[/b]where are this people heading to like this with [b]illiterate teenagers talking about taking on a new additional wife with no plan for the future.such can easily be used to forment trouble by their political leaders cos they too dont value their life.
by definition they are not illiterate  cheesy
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2011
Sun of god:

You do know nairaland has a 'Jokes' section.

Take advantage of it.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by playmode(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If Igbos leave, other tribes in that region would be expected to leave too.

No. I want my Yorubas to spread out, from SW to N to SE to SS. Keep popping those babies kiss

If Northerners expect non-Northerners to vacate their region, then they should expect the move to be reciprocated in the South.

So what is GEJ doing about this threats? Why can't the North just come and and tell us they dont want to be in the union again?

I dont want all the northerners to leave odua,i can't do without my ALABA RAGO SUYA  grin  and their tasty skinny Ogufe (goat)  grin.

Like someone mentioned here ,we will still need some of those northern Agricultural imports to sustain the nation.The only northerners i will not allow in odua are the beggars undecided
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Onlytruth(m): 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks is just lying through his teeth as usual. There is more than enough land in Igboland for returning Igbos.  cool

I will start a campaign to force SE governors to designate land and plan new towns for returning Igbos and southerners.

The north is a game reserve for wild animals.

Northerners should then NEVER set foot on any part of our territory.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Blazay(m): 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2011
Let them sit there and get roasted! kiss
Tomorrow, they will open their "akpu" mouths and be shouting "Biafra-Biafra"!
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Onlytruth(m): 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2011
As I write this, my friend who is a medical doctor at ABU teaching hospital is huddled at home with his wife and two kids, afraid to step outside their hiding place in Kaduna.

He is making IMMEDIATE plans to head Eastwards after this thing dies down. angry
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by bashr4: 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2011
oluwabamis:

I also started a similar thread. see it here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651051.0.html. its unfortunate that we deceive ourselves into this nationhood of a thing, when its very glaring that lord luggard and co made a fatal error in bringing us together. if i may ask what is the similarities between the north and south, nothing i suppose. must we stay as a nation at all cost?. any southerner that doesnt value his/her life can sacrifice it in the north.

dont start that rubbish i guess you people there also love money more than their life, if you cant contribute maturely to the thread just go and jump off 3rd mainland bridge.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by AljUche: 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2011
Onlytruth:

As I write this, my friend who is a medical doctor at ABU teaching hospital is huddled at home with his wife and two kids, afraid to step outside their hiding place in Kaduna.

He is making IMMEDIATE plans to head Eastwards after this thing dies down. angry

tell him to stay put, everything is under control angry
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by mbatuku1: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
oluwabamis:

The bolded part of your post doesn't make any sense. Are Igbos the only southerners living in the North?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity / Fashola, The Man Who Transformed Lagos - Matthew Green Of Financial Times / "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.