Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,628 members, 7,972,327 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:03 AM

Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? (13919 Views)

May The Gods Protect Our President Elect Who Is In UK (enemy Territory) / APC, Buhari Should Withdraw From Presidential Race - Fayose / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2011
dayokanu:

They hang out in my bedroom, COme and meet them there

You must think this is funny. . . . it really is not.
Dayo stop quoting me and posting this kinda stuff. Abi o fe ki n sepe fun e ni?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2011
Nna ennnnnnnnnnnn.
u don vex be dat??
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2011
iwonbaoko:

yorubas have  no problem with our small brodas the yibbos as long as dey recognise seniority and stop trying to compare prick with  their seniors.
this is the funniest thing ever!
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Little fry, shut up that smelly mouth of yours now. You should be in bed by now.
nna ha makate nah ??
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by naijangel7(f): 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2011
iwonbaoko:

yorubas have  no problem with our small brodas the yibbos as long as dey recognise seniority and stop trying to compare prick with  their seniors.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by tyson55(m): 10:22pm On Apr 21, 2011
I think the SE and SW can live in harmony, irrespective of any differences they may harbor among themselves. A classic example is my parents who have been happily married for about 40years and going.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by louchi: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2011
I think the south should seperate from the north, and lets see who developes faster. one big factor to consider is that the north is more homogenous( muslims/hausa/fulani) while the south is totally not, but its more progressive.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by tyson55(m): 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
I think the SE and SW can live in harmony, irrespective of any differences they may harbor among themselves. A classic example is my parents who have been happily married for about 40years and going.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by coldhearts(f): 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
tyson55:

it's not about inter-marriage, it is about development and a system that is not working for the common good of all.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2011
I regret being part of these dumb people called nigerians!
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
if only your gullible mother had kept her legs closed.,.,.,.,.,.,.,you won't be here nah
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by dayokanu(m): 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You must think this is funny. . . . it really is not.
Dayo stop quoting me and posting this kinda stuff. Abi o fe ki n sepe fun e ni?

Epe ke, Typical Ekiti. Epe is the solution to everything
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by coldhearts(f): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2011
dem_people:

Yes. I understand both the aspects of SW and Southern. Even when I was in Uni, the Southerners (Igbo, Yoruba, Bini, Ibibio, Efik etc) kept to themselves and the Northerners (Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri) did same.
My point was just to illustrate the relations between the two dominant ethnic groups in the South. Also, its far more easier and possible though tricky, to have a "workable" south than you'd think possible. I know the mindset of every popular ethnic group within Nigeria so, my views are from such mindsets.

careful with those trickery cos they can backfire. We've been called traitors in the past and now why do you think such union will work?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by ektbear: 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2011
@whoever said that agriculture can exceed oil earnings, lmao.

@whoever pointed out that the same onions imported from the North can be imported elsewhere, well done. Nobody will starve if the country splits. You just buy onions/tomatoes from Arewa Republic. And if they refuse to sell, buy from Benin Republic or Cameroon  grin
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Kenyy: 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2011
nuzo:

I regret being part of these dumb people called nigerians!
Me too, especially my fellow Southerners who are Mostly Educated Illiterates.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by tyson55(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2011
@coldhearts- Yeah it's about development and a system that works within the entity called Nigeria. So, what do you suggest? Cos all i 'm a saying is, that the SW and SE are compactible with each other, no matter their differences, both are progressive in nature, educated, open to change and secular, but it's not the case with the people up north.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2011
tyson55:

@coldhearts- Yeah it's about development and a system that works within the entity called Nigeria. So, what do you suggest? Cos all i 'm a saying is, that the SW and SE are compactible with each other, no matter their differences, both are progressive in nature, educated, open to change and secular, but the case the people or north.
ok
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nduchucks: 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

@whoever pointed out that the same onions imported from the North can be imported elsewhere, well done. Nobody will starve if the country splits. You just buy onions/tomatoes from Arewa Republic. And if they refuse to sell, buy from Benin Republic or Cameroon  grin

The challenge is not whether people will starve if the country splits, it is whether the split can happen peacefully. I'm of the opinion that we cannot archieve this split peacefully. We may have to agree to disagree on this particular issue.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2011
tyson55:

@coldhearts- Yeah it's about development and a system that works within the entity called Nigeria. So, what do you suggest? Cos all i 'm a saying is, that the SW and SE are compactible with each other, no matter their differences, both are progressive in nature, educated, open to change and secular, but the case the people or north.

ok,first problem in the new nation rotational presidency east to west.will igbo step down for ijaw whe it is turn of the east
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by coldhearts(f): 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2011
  shocked
why are you replying him for me undecided
I guess it's ok tongue. go on i have other things to do now, at least answer with more than one word, not trying to offend you or anything so don't take it the wrong way and i mean this with all sincerity.

iwonbaoko:

ok
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by tyson55(m): 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
@iwonbaoko- If the south should split from the north, and be on it's own, i don't forsee any thing like we are going through now. It will be the best brain that will be chosen to lead the country. So, your insinuation of one side stepping down for the other is ethnocentric idealogy which will not be tolarated in our New Nigeria.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by naijangel7(f): 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
iwonbaoko:

ok,first problem in the new nation rotational presidency east to west.will igbo step down for ijaw whe it is turn of the east

Why must there be rotational presidency? Does that guarantee development or good leadership? the north is the least developed part of the country, yet the northerners held on to power for 38 of Nigeria's 50 years. Anybody with the right qualities should lead. Rotation my a.s.s.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Obiagu1(m): 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2011
There's no way to tell a citizen of a country not to live in any part of the country. When such situation arise, then the "country" does not exist anymore and the truth should be told. Divide!

Northerners cannot come down South and utilize any opportunity they find down South whereas Southerners will no longer be comfortable to go up North to do the same.

Our politicians are the problem, let them call a spade a spade. Enough of this pretense!
Give a condition, if such thing ever happens again, the country should be divided or deploy soldiers in those trouble spots and authorize them to shot at sight anyone involved in such killing rampage without getting prior order from anyone. They are all murderers and I can tell you 4 generations of murderers currently live in the North without being made to face the law.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by tyson55(m): 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2011
@coldheart - lol. I was suprise too when he replied. But my thought was maybe you were using 2 id's. Anyway, you should have replied me since i was refering to you not him.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2011
naijangel7:

Why must there be rotational presidency? Does that guarantee development or good leadership? the north is the least developed part of the country, yet the northerners held on to power for 38 of Nigeria's 50 years. Anybody with the right qualities should lead. Rotation my a.s.s.
obviously u r young grin.

nne,
even husband and wife rotate.haba!one person  will be on top all the time??
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2011
tyson55:

@coldheart - lol. I was suprise too when he replied. But my thought was maybe  you were using 2 id's. Anyway, you should have replied me since i was refering to you not him.
those new nigerias will be many 6 or 7.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2011
tyson55:

@iwonbaoko- If the south should split from the north, and be on it's own, i don't forsee any thing like we are going through now. It will be the best brain that will be chosen to lead the country. So, your insinuation of one side stepping down for the other is ethnocentric idealogy which will not be tolarated in our New Nigeria.
those new nigerias will be many 6 or 7.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by coldhearts(f): 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2011
tyson55:

@coldheart - lol. I was suprise too when he replied. But my thought was maybe you were using 2 id's. Anyway, you should have replied me since i was refering to you not him.
i'm back now
I was a bit shocked but knowing nigeria, i realized it's not a big deal that he did that plus who knows, he might not have done it on purpose. I was harsh at first but i realized it's a public forum and all inputs are welcomed, hence i toned my reply down. NL isn't worth the creation of more than one ID and stick by it.
Anyway to answer you, the fact that ethnicity plays a strong role in our society, it will not be an easy union. It will have developments but it will also have mistrust btw SE, SW- an extra headache.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by ektbear: 11:21pm On Apr 21, 2011
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Southern Nigeria may further divide. But it seems to me that that is Step Z. Step A seems to be deciding whether you want to continue living in the same country as the core North. Most of ya'll seem to agree that separation would be good.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by asdan(m): 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
Those calling for the splitting on Nigeria are just misguided,brainwashed and unpatriotic Nigerians who don't appreciate our coexistence.The south can not do without the North likewise the North.I was born in the South and i have seen many conflicts amongst the southerners they do kill too,is not a Northern thing.Until the religious bigot are stoped from preaching hatred in the Mosque and the churches there is no way we can have a lasting peace in Nigeria .
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by ektbear: 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2011
asdan:

The south can not do without the North
Lie, lie, lie!
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Southern Nigeria may further divide. But it seems to me that that is Step Z. Step A seems to be deciding whether you want to continue living in the same country as the core North. Most of ya'll seem to agree that separation would be good.
that is your own formulation of the problem.there are many others.
like i said earlier if igbos want to be with the onye ofe manu they must learn how to respect big bros (de) and desist from gratuitous prick comparisons .we are africans after all cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Starts Construction Of Collapsed Bridge Along Gombe-Dukku-Kano Road(pics) / Andrew Uchendu To Wike: "Stop Fighting Me" / EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Diezani Madueke As Extradition Proceedings Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.