Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,222 members, 7,943,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 01:31 PM

Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? (13872 Views)

May The Gods Protect Our President Elect Who Is In UK (enemy Territory) / APC, Buhari Should Withdraw From Presidential Race - Fayose / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Blackteeth(m): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
I have heard many folks here suggest that the solution to stop the periodic violence in the north is by dividing the country, but i don't think it would stop the violence because even after the division some southerners will still remain or move into the north to be slaughtered again and again. Since the 1960's that the hausa wild animals have been killing the christian southeners at any little friction, why can't the southerners vacate the land inhabited by those wild animals disguised in human flesh? Is that the only land space on earth to establish? Since the inhabitant wild beasts hate the christain settlers so much, why on earth are these settlers still moving into the enemy territory like sheeps voluntarily walking into the slaughterhouse?? The land in the south east and west are big enough to contain three times the current indigineous population, so why spread into the land of wild animals to be slaughtered? Nothing can stop these killings except the ''infidels'' leaves the north and resettle down south. Personally nothing will ever take me to the north cos these ugly events over the years has made me hate the region badly. It's better i be a poor man in the south than be a rich man in the north. My map of Nigeria starts from the southern shores of Rivers, lagos, bayelsa and delta states and ends at the northern borders of kwara, kogi, FCT and benue states. Anywhere beyond is a game reserve for wild life.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by EzeUche3(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2011
These foolish Igbos up North value money over their own lives. Let the truth be known! angry
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Rossikk(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
EzeUche said

These foolish Igbos up North value money over their own lives. Let the truth be known!

Exactly.

Igbos who still live up north despite all that's happened need to have their heads checked. Even the ones in Jos and such places, their head no too dey house. As for those living in Kano, Sokoto and so on, there's definitely a psychiatric issue at play.

The really crazy thing is, were the Igbos to leave those places and head south, the northern economy will simply collapse in on itself, which wouldn't be any less than they deserve.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by AljUche: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
op

what is the enemy's territory

are we not nigeria again undecided soilders should go up north and stop any roit shoot on sight angry angry angry

igbos have the right to go anywhere they feel like going so do others in the country
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Blackteeth(m): 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2011
@Alj uche. Did I hear u mention ''soldiers''? Where have they been over the years?? Besides I thought the soldiers are majority northners. Will they shoot their own people just like that?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nduchucks: 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2011
@OP. The Igbos cannot leave the North and return to the East. There are more Igbos in the North than are in all of SE. Returning will results to instantaneous civil war in the East because the resources available will not be enough to sustain the population. Its that simple.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by ezeagu(m): 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@OP. The Igbos cannot leave the North and return to the East. There are more Igbos in the North than are in all of SE. Returning will results to instantaneous civil war in the East because the resources available will not be enough to sustain the population. Its that simple.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Blackteeth(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2011
@Ndu chucks. Pls don't make me laugh.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Dede1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Have you forgotten Nigeria is flying positively into humanity? grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by AljUche: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2011
Blackteeth:

@Alj uche. Did I hear u mention ''soldiers''? Where have they been over the years?? Besides I thought the soldiers are majority northners. Will they shoot their own people just like that?

why not ?

in jos see how hausas were killed by solders

in the north we are not ethnocentrical baised
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by AljUche: 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks:

gbammmm

the land is too small and can not sustain there population (that is if there population is right)

the east only has coal no oil nothing
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by mbatuku1: 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2011
Are the Yorubas allowed to stay? Or dont they also get killed in the North?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Dede1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2011
Alj Uche:

gbammmm

the land is too small and can not sustain there population (that is if there population is right)

Is Goodluck Jonathan Igbo or Ijo? Why is it that Ndigbo are prominently featured in this Nigerian electoral mess when the principal figures are not Igbo? From president to vice president, chairman of INEC and PDP chairman are not Igbo yet focal point of the election and riot is directed toward Ndigbo.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by AljUche: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2011
Dede1:

Is Goodluck Jonathan Igbo or Ijo? Why is it that Ndigbo are prominently featured in this Nigerian electoral mess when the principal figures are not Igbo? From president to vice president, chairman of INEC and PDP chairman are not Igbo yet focal point of the election and riot is directed toward Ndigbo.

no do not get me wrong

all i am saying is that if according to ohaneze and other igbo leaders then igbos are the most people in Nigeria today.

then if so, aligbo can not support such population

then they should be free to go anywhere they like without any fear
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by jerryben12: 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2011
Yes, All Southerners in The North should come back home.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Sunofgod(m): 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2011
jerryben12:

Yes,  All Southerners in The North should come back home.

And the Northerners in the South to head back to the North to make space for them?

Some southerners have already expressed concerns into who will:

Prepare the Suya
Act as gate man
Shine shoes
Cut finger/toe nails

etc
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by ddippset(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2011
the solution is an immediate break up. ghaddafi might be insane and a monster  but when he adviced nigeria to split up into the north and the south, he was the most sane man on the planet.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2011
Sun of god:

And the Northerners in the South to head back to the North to make space for them?

Some southerners have already expressed concerns into who will:

Prepare the Suya
Act as gate man
Shine shoes
Cut finger/toe nails

etc
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! funny stuff.

Alj Uche:

why not ?

in jos see how hausas were killed by solders

in the north we are not ethnocentrical baised
the main people in Jos are not Hausa, they may speak Hausa but many are not. a lot of smaller tribes in that region, so technically, they weren't really killing their own.
some people seem to think that anyone that is from the north and is Muslim (if not from the Northeast) is Hausa and thats simply not true.
and secondly, there are a lot of Hausa Christians too, in case some of you are forgetting.

ndu_chucks:

you are full of crap, for real. so you're saying there are AT LEAST 26 million Igbos up north? please, lets be logical here.

Alj Uche:

gbammmm

the east has only coal? please just stop commenting henceforth. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Odunnu: 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2011
Is that necessary?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by otokx(m): 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu chuks is very funny with his theory which is untrue.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by LagosShia: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2011
The is north not one and the south is not one entity.any divide between the north/south both of which are non-entities will result in further divisions and bloodshed.most of those who call for a north/south divide are really not interested in getting rid of the north.their main intention and hope is for the more divisions that will follow.this is simply all because of greed.greed is the problem.those calling for divisions want to see the igbos with their country,hausas with their country,yorubas with their country,niger-deltans with their country and the middle belt people with their country.some southerners who are not from the niger-delta hope to share the oil and believe with the north gone they stand a better shot at sharing the money.they forget that it would only be a matter of time before the niger-deltans themselves want to move on on their own.then there is also the issue of the middle belt and the niger-delta.both are not individual entities.both the middle belt and the niger-delta if given the chance to stand on their own as independent states stand the big risk/chance to further divide.the main problem up north is illitracy.the northerners should be educated and you will save many illitrates who are willing to die for nothing and kill other innocent souls.when you're educated,the next thing you'd want to do is to find a job and work.you'd want to make use of your education and feel useful in the society.but when you got youths with no education and jobs,then too bad.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by ayomifull(f): 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2011
Blackteeth:

It's better i be a poor man in the south than be a rich man in the north. My map of Nigeria starts from the southern shores of Rivers, lagos, bayelsa and delta states and ends at the northern borders of kwara, kogi, FCT and benue states. Anywhere beyond is a game reserve for wild life.

My friend Adebowale left south for north in mid 90s, he was into oil business and within a short time he got very rich financially and became our 'oga' he got married fast and had 2 kids. In 2000 he came down south for one of our friend's wedding, he went back after the wedding and alas! that was the last time we saw him he was killed in one of the usual unrests. We were not as rich as Debo but today we still have our lives and we have moved far from where we were then.

so yes what are people doing in the north risking their lives?

If a little kid in the one village in Abeokuta should tear a page of the quran several lives must be lost in the north.

Though the country is not for them alone but i wont risk fighting my life fighting for one Nigeria.

Ok if people decide to put their lives at risk by staying up north, that's ok i dont have much problem with them but students should not be posted there to post, they dont want to go there so simple dont post them there.

I wonder what parents are doing folding their arms and allowing their kids go serve in the north and why are students still accepting to despite the no of lives that has been lost there

c'mon people lets rise up and demand corpers serve in their state of origin or let them scrap the scheme
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by mrofficial(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2011
There is this guy that grew up in kaduna, he's in lagos now, he stays with me.

He calls his dad whenever there is riot and ask him to leave the north with family, but his dad would not listen. He's not going back to the north shaa.

I think there is something more to it.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by AljUche: 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2011
THE AMAKA:

the main people in Jos are not Hausa, they may speak Hausa but many are not. a lot of smaller tribes in that region, so technically, they weren't really killing their own.
some people seem to think that anyone that is from the north and is Muslim (if not from the Northeast) is Hausa and thats simply not true.
and secondly, there are a lot of Hausa Christians too, in case some of you are forgetting.
you are full of crap, for real. so you're saying there are AT LEAST 26 million Igbos up north? please, lets be logical here.
the east has only coal? please just stop commenting henceforth. undecided undecided undecided

amaka, i know they are muslims up north as well

also i am aware of enugu coal or is there no coal in enugu again undecided undecided
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by sr: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2011
i feel v.sad at the level of hatred that naijas hv towards each other, the saddest thing for me is that the politicians+elites+power mongers have successfully found that the easiest joker they can play and instantly get us divided n fighting among ourselves is the relgious or ethinic cards. anytime its played we play as they expect irrespective of individuals level of education or exposure, its enough to numb our abilties to reason. some coments by some people on this site make me wonder if there is any of us who is not a relgious or ethinic bigot.
i personally think going by the level of hatred we have we should all go our separate ways, but the question is will that mean either the sothern or northern country get peace? becouse think of it in the north the muslims can use as simple as sect difference to take arms against one another while in the south just becouse we come from different families/communities any slight issue is also enough to get us at each others throats. and come to think of it the cost of the division. has anyone given a thought to the fact all the hard earned nairas you have in the bank will instantly become worthless? has any given a thought to the economic impact and emotional consequencies? how do you compensate all the igbos who have invested heavily up north and vice versa?
i think the solution of naija problem lies in equity & justice. i believe religious & ethinic violence will never stop untill we have courageous leaders that can insure justice is always metted to those behind these acts, wether a high imam or pastor becouse i personally hold our religious leaders responsible for these violence. naija is the most religious country in the world. in the books both religions talk peace & say love thy neighbor but i wonder what these people teach us in the confines of our mosques and churches, i hold them responsible for the immense hatred we habor. i say justice & fainess is the ultimate solution to our problem.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by playmode(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2011
I think the best solution is for Nigeria to split.Imagine if Nigeria was divided into 4 nations,igbos living in the north,west and ND will be non citizens and will have no right to vote so the natives won't kill them over politics.If the natives feel that igbos are dominating their lands,they can simply protest to their Government to tighten the borders to reduce the inflow of Igbos.The major factor that is contributing to igbo woes today is their population.I think Igbos are reproducing at an alarming rate.There are just too many mouths to feed within the igbo race.I think enlightened igbos should initiate programs that will promote birth control among the igbo nation.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2011
I have said this before. Southerners should leave the north. In the coming few weeks, month, there will still be another massacre! so who go lose now?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Sunofgod(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2011
sr:

i feel v.sad at the level of hatred that naijas hv towards each other, the saddest thing for me is that the politicians+elites+power mongers have successfully found that the easiest joker they can play and instantly get us divided n fighting among ourselves is the relgious or ethinic cards. anytime its played we play as they expect irrespective of individuals level of education or exposure, its enough to numb our abilties to reason. some coments by some people on this site make me wonder if there is any of us who is not a relgious or ethinic bigot.
i personally think going by the level of hatred we have we should all go our separate ways, but the question is will that mean either the sothern or northern country get peace? becouse think of it in the north the muslims can use as simple as sect difference to take arms against one another while in the south just becouse we come from different families/communities any slight issue is also enough to get us at each others throats. [b]and come to think of it the cost of the division. has anyone given a thought to the fact all the hard earned nairas you have in the bank will instantly become worthless? has any given a thought to the economic impact and emotional consequencies? how do you compensate all the igbos who have invested heavily up north and vice versa?[/b]i think the solution of naija problem lies in equity & justice. i believe religious & ethinic violence will never stop untill we have courageous leaders that can insure justice is always metted to those behind these acts, wether a high imam or pastor becouse i personally hold our religious leaders responsible for these violence. naija is the most religious country in the world. in the books both religions talk peace & say love thy neighbor but i wonder what these people teach us in the confines of our mosques and churches, i hold them responsible for the immense hatred we habor. i say justice & fainess is the ultimate solution to our problem.

The hatred has been there for generations now and it would take generations for it to disappear.

As for splitting - There will be some short term losses - but long term gains for both the North and South.

The North will be free to wallow in their 'Sharia' and ignorance without recieving ridicule from the South.

The North can go and meet their past leaders for compensation.

Oil can be used to mitigate any loss made by a Southerner.

And long term with increased revenues and development Southerners will start to enjoy the quality of life they should have enjoyed over the last 50 years.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nduchucks: 7:50pm On Apr 21, 2011
Dede1:

Have you forgotten Nigeria is flying positively into humanity? grin grin grin

I maintain an optimistic outlook of Nigeria. Rub that statement of yours in, as much as you like, Insha Allah you people will be shamed at the eventual success of our dear country. We will survive the growing pains with distiction, and we shall remain intact as one nation in the process.  As soon as we get a good handle on the dutch disease, the shaming of you seccessionists and pessimists who call our dear country cesspit, shall commence with full force.

It is worse than suicidal for ndigbo to be clamouring for spliting the country at this point. I mantain that the East is not big enough and the resources therein are not enough to sustain the population if just 50% of you return to the East. Given the current limited resources, kidnapping is the order of the day. I don't even want to think of what will be the order when you people return to the East.

SAI ONE NIJERIA.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Sunofgod(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I maintain an optimistic outlook of Nigeria. Rub that statement of yours in, as much as you like, Insha Allah you people will be shamed at the eventual success of our dear country. We will survive the growing pains with distiction, and we shall remain intact as one nation in the process.  As soon as we get a good handle on the dutch disease, the shaming of you seccessionists and pessimists who call our dear country cesspit, shall commence with full force.

It is worse than suicidal for ndigbo to be clamouring for spliting the country at this point. I mantain that the East is not big enough and the resources therein are not enough to sustain the population if just 50% of you return to the East. Given the current limited resources, kidnapping is the order of the day. I don't even want to think of what will be the order when you people return to the East.

SAI ONE NIJERIA.

at least 90% of Nigeria's GDP comes from the South.

The North contribute nothing - The North without the South would quickly become another Somalia.

You know this - and I know this.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Hash86(m): 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
How could they leave aparadise n go back 2 forest sorounded by polluted rivers,ask dem they know what they were enjoying there,fool
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2011
Hash86:

How could they leave aparadise n go back 2 forest sorounded by polluted rivers,ask dem they know what they were enjoying there,fool
so the desertland is now paradise? just be quiet, sheesh. i LOVE my tropical climate, anyday, anytime.

@

and for someone to say the only resource in Alaigbo is coal is deluded.

Sun of god:

at least 90% of Nigeria's GDP comes from the South.

The North contribute nothing - The North without the South would quickly become another Somalia.

You know this - and I know this.
true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Suspected Boko Haram Militants Kill Eight, Kidnap 100 In Cameroon / Army Destroys 500 Drums Of Adulterated Diesel And 2 Cars In Calabar / Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.