Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,371 members, 7,940,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (894052 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickom: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ogbeche77: House, Please do universities in Germany accept photocopies of transcript that are notorized when applying for Msc admission..
Intend applying to some schools,I want to be sure cos I don't have an idea if the transcipt ll be addressed to the intended university when its typed out on the main page, or is it just the envelope in which the transcript is enclosed that ll carry the university name.. If its the latter, is it advisable to open the transcipt & make photocopies then notarize at the embassy before using it for application.

Take the original transcript that was giving to you in your school including your certificate and other documents you wana use to apply to the university to germany embassy with photcopy of each original from monday to thusday before 12noon. All the photocpy will be certify by them with embassy stamp.After that you can forward the documents to the school u wish to apply to.I hope u find this info usefull.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
topeajis:

If that yellow man Deside to Check Ur document and he See Bank Teller he go send u back which Means uv Missed appointment if u Miss appointment u Knw that u wont be Abel to Book Another Till Nest 4month

I have been praying and praying cos that yellow man na war but anytime i go to the embassy,He was nice to me but on the real day (INTERVIEW DAY) He was sick,the assistant just say oya show me your form,admission letter then he said go inside,It was that day i really met God favor..The Nigerian at the reception too was off that day na so akata come carry go hin office..... grin grin grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickom: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
Godson201333:

I have been praying and praying cos that yellow man na war but anytime i go to the embassy,He was nice to me but on the real day (INTERVIEW DAY) He was sick,the assistant just say oya show me your form,admission letter then he said go inside,It was that day i really met God favor..The Nigerian at the reception too was off that day na so akata come carry go hin office..... grin grin grin grin

Funny bro..... shocked
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Godson201333:

Ur Name is Lucky me i they mäke say i Carry all document with Many fotocopy arrange evrything well well. Cos that man can Spoil Someone Dream ooooo... That Lady at the Rezeption is kinda of Nice to me all the Time i wenn their self..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
topeajis:

Ur Name is Lucky me i they mäke say i Carry all document with Many fotocopy arrange evrything well well. Cos that man can Spoil Someone Dream ooooo... That Lady at the Rezeption is kinda of Nice to me all the Time i wenn their self..

LOL LOL He can spoil someone dream no be small....Person wey send Kcee (Limpopo master) commot for my front,He wan go for frequent traveller hin come arrive for 7 0 clock....No be play.Ne hin be first Visa officer nah
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Make una no vex abeg.. It can be confusing.. I have seen some different replies to the same question.. Lemi clearify well abeg.

I have a transcript from my university, addressed to a nigerian university. If I want to apply for say through uni asist, is it not to scan the transcript and the letter of recommendation from your say lecturer, and statement of result and mail it to them, or even the school you wish to apply for. That's for electronic

Say when time come for mailing.. Do I have to apply for another one to be sent to them directly? I also read that a laywer can certify it for you, I hope so because I don't stay in a town where their embassy dey.. And its far.

And lastly how much does DHL or Fedex or anybody you use cost to send thoes documents.

I guess what I am trying to say is how much will the application process cost on average.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Godson201333:

LOL LOL He can spoil someone dream no be small....Person wey send Kcee (Limpopo master) commot for my front,He wan go for frequent traveller hin come arrive for 7 0 clock....No be play.Ne hin be first Visa officer nah

Yah oo ma Brother
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Make una no vex abeg.. It can be confusing.. I have seen some different replies to the same question.. Lemi clearify well abeg.

I have a transcript from my university, addressed to a nigerian university. If I want to apply for say through uni asist, is it not to scan the transcript and the letter of recommendation from your say lecturer, and statement of result and mail it to them, or even the school you wish to apply for. That's for electronic

Say when time come for mailing.. Do I have to apply for another one to be sent to them directly? I also read that a laywer can certify it for you, I hope so because I don't stay in a town where their embassy dey.. And its far.

And lastly how much does DHL or Fedex or anybody you use cost to send thoes documents.

I guess what I am trying to say is how much will the application process cost on average.

Thanks in anticipation.

1.All those electronic applications does not work for Nigerians,Send your documents to school..dem never believe photocopy without being certified you come dey think of electronic.

Fed ex 3 days 8900 naira 3 days to Germany,DHL 13,000 Naira....fixed.

Ems somewhat 3,000 naira 2-3 days.

Ni post registered Mail...somewhat 1,200 5-7 working days.

while applying i spent roughly 50k or more on applications,I applied to more than 9 schools,Got admitted to 7 and 1 rejected and one no response.

I did three applications through uni assist and others weren't under uni assist so na direct application..

Finally i choosed Bayern cos of so many reason just ignored the rest.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^
Thanks for the reply.. So the one you used for uni asist was it just one you sent to them or you sent 3 differnt ones?

Do you mind ask your programme? I hardly see engineering peeps over here giving testimony, it scares me.

Also most peeps like you tend to graduate with really good grades.. Scares me too.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
^^
Thanks for the reply.. So the one you used for uni asist was it just one you sent to them or you sent 3 differnt ones?

Do you mind ask your programme? I hardly see engineering peeps over here giving testimony, it scares me.

Also most peeps like you tend to graduate with really good grades.. Scares me too.

Intentional Relations.....

Yeah three different application forms with separate documents already certified,Also you receipt for paying uni assist..Let all the documents be in one envelope and uni assist will help you distribute to schools after confirming everything if something is wrong or in case of incomplete document they will alert you and stopped your processing until you give them what they need.Once you miss that admission season without submitting missing documents all your money don go be that oo...

I have some good engineering friends,You must be very good in physics and maths and my broda no be small tin oo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Godson201333:

Intentional Relations.....

Yeah three different application forms with separate documents already certified,Also you receipt for paying uni assist..Let all the documents be in one envelope and uni assist will help you distribute to schools after confirming everything if something is wrong or in case of incomplete document they will alert you and stopped your processing until you give them what they need.Once you miss that admission season without submitting missing documents all your money don go be that oo...

I have some good engineering friends,You must be very good in physics and maths and my broda no be small tin oo
i already shortlisted and contacted all the schools i will be applying to against 2014 session, they all receive application directly and not through uni assist, should i request for just one transcript from my school here, then certify it at the german consulate or must i send originals to all the schools in question?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
No wahala.. We all naija, we always adapt.

Did you write toefl?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
No wahala.. We all naija, we always adapt.

Did you write toefl?

Nope I studied German from scratch,Each transcript for each school,If you applying through uni assist then once transcript will work for you. grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
Godson201333:

Nope I studied German from scratch,Each transcript for each school,If you applying through uni assist then once transcript will work for you. grin grin
meaning I don't need to notarize by transcript, just certificates only
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Toluth(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
@Godson, my question a bit related to that of Ogbeche77. Pls can I use a certified photocopy of transcript to apply to schools directly?
I hope u don't mind this question, did u apply for the winter or summer semester?
If its summer, can u give me a list of schls u applied to? Cos very few schls are admitting into msc economics so far from what I'm seeing on the daad site. Infact, I can say just 2 are under uni-assist( uni of kiel and maburg) and I would like to apply to few more to increase my chances. Thanks sir
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 12:04am On Aug 16, 2013
Godson201333:

Na the man eye they fear me pass. Those round eyes. Lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Tamax: 12:11am On Aug 16, 2013
topeajis:

Yah emirate is the cheapest na but emirate don't Come to Berlin it's just hamburg, Frankfurt and dusseldorf they go to.. But am n that sure it's 120 sha actually I don forget color the stress I was when I wanted to travel u kn I booked my ticket the day I got my mail and did My insurance same same they and travelled the third day....
Bro... Well done sir.. Concerning the insurance issue u meantion... My pal in German said I should sign my insurance deal with DAK which I have did and they said the will mail me my Conditional Health Acceptance Letter which I can also document with other documents that I wanna use for the visa interview. So my question are as follows---
1.Which insurance company do u deal with, its in 9ja or where ? And does it neccessary to have conditional insurance letter for student visa interview or for visa to be granted?
2. If possible I will like to know cheap insurance company that I can deal with and other info concerning insurance base on student visa stuff if they are neccassary as the case may be. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 12:20am On Aug 16, 2013
emeka55:

Lol..... Me sef wonder o!
Has the embassy responded to the mail you sent them concerning getting an appointment? And what did they say?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Tamax: 12:22am On Aug 16, 2013
Amanda6: hi, am actually a girl, i haven't gone any where, i am fresh out of high school and just started A level classes,so i won't be studying in germany 4 d next 2 to 3 years mostly because i want 2 do A level and learn german,its no big deal beacause i'm just 17 so i'm starting school at 19.i would advive doing A levels because studienkolleg is harder and does not quarranty admission, that means u waste 1 year and 1.8 milla
Pls ao is 1.8milla wasted in dis? if sumone didn't pass it and is it dsame as German language course? Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:26am On Aug 16, 2013
Tamax:
Bro... Well done sir.. Concerning the insurance issue u meantion... My pal in German said I should sign my insurance deal with DAK which I have did and they said the will mail me my Conditional Health Acceptance Letter which I can also document with other documents that I wanna use for the visa interview. So my question are as follows---
1.Which insurance company do u deal with, its in 9ja or where ? And does it neccessary to have conditional insurance letter for student visa interview or for visa to be granted?
2. If possible I will like to know cheap insurance company that I can deal with and other info concerning insurance base on student visa stuff if they are neccassary as the case may be. Thanks

1.You will need a travel health Insurance when you have already been secured the visa which starts reading from your traveling date.It is part of visa requirement.

2.I am sure that after reading the good news from the embassy that you should bring your International passport with a 3 month valid travel insurance,Ya gonna get impatience and cant wait for someone to get you health insurance from Germany.

You can always do this in Nigeria however when you get here you must switch to their own as soon as you get here.It take less than 20 minutes.

Aiico Insurance-----3 month = 23,000naira.
Igi Insurance------3 month = 15,000 naira

we also have mansard,alliance insurance......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Toluth: @Godson, my question a bit related to that of Ogbeche77. Pls can I use a certified photocopy of transcript to apply to schools directly?
I hope u don't mind this question, did u apply for the winter or summer semester?
If its summer, can u give me a list of schls u applied to? Cos very few schls are admitting into msc economics so far from what I'm seeing on the daad site. Infact, I can say just 2 are under uni-assist( uni of kiel and maburg) and I would like to apply to few more to increase my chances. Thanks sir

I have been here for a while bro so why not just go to braintrack.com,Where you can see all the schools in Germany and view them one after the other.Yeah a photocopy transcript should work for you!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Tamax: 12:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Godson201333:

1.You will need a travel health Insurance when you have already been secured the visa which starts reading from your traveling date.It is part of visa requirement.

2.I am sure that after reading the good news from the embassy that you should bring your International passport with a 3 month valid travel insurance,Ya gonna get impatience and cant wait for someone to get you health insurance from Germany.

You can always do this in Nigeria however when you get here you must switch to their own as soon as you get here.It take less than 20 minutes.

Aiico Insurance-----3 month = 23,000naira.
Igi Insurance------3 month = 15,000 naira

we also have mansard,alliance insurance......

Bro.. God will continue to bless you more than how u expect. My niteless thinking as end.
So I don't need DAK insurance anymore bcus the cost is too high even much.
Pls since I will still switch to their own when I get there... I tink am gonna go for igi insurance or other low cost insurance.
But where this igi insurance base.. I mean there office in Nigeria.
Thanks bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 12:58am On Aug 16, 2013
@ Godson, pls do u mean three different application forms for each schl, wit three seperate certified documents for each schl because am planin to apply to 3-schls unda uni-assist. Also, shld I make 3copies of my transcripts & certify for each schl?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by manover: 4:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Hello house, i want somebody to help out with my questions, i am 31 years and i want to apply for undergraduate program in Germany, do you think age will be a barrier when applying for visa? Do German consider overage in undergraduate intense of visa application? i really need advice from the house before i make any move. Thanks u all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 7:12am On Aug 16, 2013
Got my confirmation email yesterday.mine was 3 working days and not 2working days has others suggested.
@partyhard
Check ur spam mail.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 8:00am On Aug 16, 2013
Dehonourable: @ Godson, pls do u mean three different application forms for each schl, wit three seperate certified documents for each schl because am planin to apply to 3-schls unda uni-assist. Also, shld I make 3copies of my transcripts & certify for each schl?

Yeah exactly each documents for each school.. cool
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 8:02am On Aug 16, 2013
Tamax:

Bro.. God will continue to bless you more than how u expect. My niteless thinking as end.
So I don't need DAK insurance anymore bcus the cost is too high even much.
Pls since I will still switch to their own when I get there... I tink am gonna go for igi insurance or other low cost insurance.
But where this igi insurance base.. I mean there office in Nigeria.
Thanks bro

just go to www.iginigeria.com try to look for locations all over Nigeria,I know they got one at Iyana Ipaja axis too depending on the closest one to you...ENJOY!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 8:04am On Aug 16, 2013
manover: Hello house, i want somebody to help out with my questions, i am 31 years and i want to apply for undergraduate program in Germany, do you think age will be a barrier when applying for visa? Do German consider overage in undergraduate intense of visa application? i really need advice from the house before i make any move. Thanks u all.

Yes they do Honestly,Even if your have left school for 2 years and ya just applying for student visa,They will ask you why and what have you been doing after you left school and of course give you examination.You might be lucky if you are really really able to proof to them that your real intention is just to study.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2013
I know it will be decline since the payment is not for school fees.

Have u receive ur own confirmation alert?
aflynvir:
YOU ARE VERY RIGHT! The transaction was declined from Lagos Office after about 24hours! I was told today EXACTLY as you said
Re: German Embassy And Visa by manover: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2013
thanks bro for ur kind response, actually i have Bsc in Geography and Regional Planning, but i graduated with Third-Class cry Please do you know any institution in Germany who runs Pgd program for Third Class applicant, please was your advice
Godson201333:

Yes they do Honestly,Even if your have left school for 2 years and ya just applying for student visa,They will ask you why and what have you been doing after you left school and of course give you examination.You might be lucky if you are really really able to proof to them that your real intention is just to study.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2013
manover: thanks bro for ur kind response, actually i have Bsc in Geography and Regional Planning, but i graduated with Third-Class cry Please do you know any institution in Germany who runs Pgd program for Third Class applicant, please was your advice

That i do not know maybe you can do some research on your own too..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by manover: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2013
I greet everyone in da house, Pls ur advice is needed here, i actually i have Bsc in Geography and Regional Planning, but i graduated with Third-Class cry Please do you know any institution in Germany who runs Pgd program for Third Class applicants, I am confused, and i need your kind advice, How can i use my Bsc having third class to secure admission in Germany. Plssss Help! thxxxxxx

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (481)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.