Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi (15582 Views)

Peter Obi Didn’t Create Obidient Movement – Aisha Yesufu / Dino Melaye: Peter Obi’s “Obidient” Movement Mere Euphoria, Can’t Win Election / Zahra Buhari: My Religion, Traditions Make Me Who I Am Today - Buhari Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Bigchristo: 11:06am On Mar 27, 2023
Kayode1979:
OBI-IDIOT YOU BROUGHT RELIGIOUS AND TRIBALS TO NIGERIA POLITICS TODAY TUNDER FIRE YOU OBI
Obi is not the person that brought religion into Nigeria politics, your type insult people to make themselves feel better than others😂😂
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by chikason22(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2023
spearman:
YES IT WAS ALL ABOUT YOUR TRIBE. LIAR
See them. Mandate thieves. But you stole at the wrong time and from the wrong person. You think ad Buhari stole Atiku's mandate and succeeded, you guys can try it this time. Hahahahahahaha. What is coming will make Thiéfnubu shit in his diaper. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡Ssss
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Graciousnaija: 11:06am On Mar 27, 2023
That is exact what it has come down to since you allowed the narratives to run lose!

1 Like

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Dottormentor: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2023
But its about your personal interest, liar pitobi akulugu of anambra. Opuro ode
benjackugo:
Labour Party's presidential candidate, Peter Obi has explained that the Obidient movement is not about his tribe or religion, IGBERETV reports.

He wrote on his Twitter handle;

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1640101085862850562?t=f1jbQHII4cI7ZrPcVBIu-g&s=19

2 Likes

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Optional09: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2023
Your brothers and sisters already hijacked the whole movement with arrogance making it an igbo movement, that’s why an igbo person will never become president. You highjack everything. You will end up using anyone that supports this movement as pawns they will end feeling depressed and used.

You cornered all the youth that genuinely came out to protest police brutality and you quickly called them obedient. We are not obedient to you, we will regroup and move in the direction we want to go which is complete constitutional change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by jaxxy(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2023
spearman:

Has nothing to do with his tribe and igbos are not voting for him because because he's igbo.

far from it.

if Obi was a crooked criminal and anti democratic godfather like tinubu igbos will never support him.
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by 8stargeneral: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2023
Volksfuhrer:
Yes, it wasn't originally about tribe and religion. But Obi's brazen, sectarian presidential campaign has flipped the movement into a religious and tribal mission.

Obi will never be President unless he repents. Nigeria is too diverse for such narrow-minded politics.

Repent from what exactly
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Bromax: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2023
Kayode1979:
OBI-IDIOT YOU BROUGHT RELIGIOUS AND TRIBALS TO NIGERIA POLITICS TODAY TUNDER FIRE YOU OBI

Na you, ur father and mama with your generation thunder go fire
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by sreamsense: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2023
Which Nigeria people is this one talking about? The same minority people that can't give you majority geographical spread. 16 states out of 24 states, 24-16 = 8 states deficit and you are calling it Nigerian people. Haba stop saying that for emotional reason, just say some parts of Nigeria people or some youths instead of generalizing. Majority of people/youths in excess about 30 states have spoken that Tinubu is whom they want through their majority votes. Obi should go and congratulate him now before it does that out of shame after his court cases are thrown out of court window for lacking merit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2023
spearman:

You can't understand
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by fakosheTim: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2023
Make dem dey okay.
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by 8stargeneral: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2023
You don't to explain to them sir

We know the people that have interest of Nigerians at heart
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2023
benjackugo:
Labour Party's presidential candidate, Peter Obi has explained that the Obidient movement is not about his tribe or religion, IGBERETV reports.

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1640101085862850562?t=f1jbQHII4cI7ZrPcVBIu-g&s=19

We always knew this. Only fools thought otherwise
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Bromax: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2023
Kayode1979:

All the paedophilic rascals and tribal mucus wey no get sense. Thunder finish your generation for abusing an innocent man.
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2023
8stargeneral:
Repent from what exactly

Sin of sectarian politics nah grin

1 Like

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by lapintoz: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2023
I am a proud Yoruba man , a political rascal with agbero mentality.

I am proud of my heritage , my culture , my land , my tribe and my language.

We Yorubas are not a single group but have common language, history, and culture.

We became the most urbanized African civilization before the arrival of Europeans.

We Yorubas are not inferior to any other tribes nor do we try to exert our superiority over other tribes .

I am proud to come from a land that is blessed by gods , in which all sundry who lives there prosper .

I am proud of our hospitality that is second to none .

I am proud of our political sagacity which has become the envy of congenital haters .

We are pacesetters , we don’t draw attentions to our success , we are well loved wherever we are .

We are not cowards , we don’t start wars that we can’t win .

We don’t run away from threats and adversity . We face our challenges and conquer them all.

We are true patriots and very reliable , our words is our bonds just like Hausa/ Fulani people .

We are successful wherever we are

We are not arrogant but respectful.

We don’t teach our children to hate other tribes .

We have responsible elders whose mouths doesn’t leaks like water taps

Remember , your hatred towards us won’t change a thing , we are special breeds love and bless by God .

Our lands are blessed not cursed .

We are who we are , political rascals that can never allow the likes of Kanu to lead us .

We are the political rascals that doesn’t sit at home on Mondays .

We are political rascals that believes in our lands and invest in it .

Call us what you want , am sure you wish you are in our shoes . 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

You can’t have an elder like Iwuanyanwu and not produce children like Kanu . .

1 Like

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by debbaron2011: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2023
EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOUR RELIGION AND TRIBE. DONT INSULT OUR SENSIBILITY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Anatakuebira: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2023
Church it is time to take over your country. Which figure of speech is that again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by gabicon: 11:21am On Mar 27, 2023
benjackugo:

Oga Peter is smarter than this naw! It's not rocket science to know that every movement has different followership. There true Obidents, who seek the true change in the country, there are Zombidents that are motivated by ethnic & religious sentiments, we also have Obi supporters who are clout chasers. Every political candidate has these 3 people in her fellowship. It's a little difficult to say for certain the percentage makeup in a followership.

Obi sweeping 90% of the southeastern votes is not merely because of his person, people voted along ethnic lines.
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:23am On Mar 27, 2023
spearman:

Wasted sper.m
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Whatshallido: 11:23am On Mar 27, 2023
Abeg shut up jare this black clothes man. You a looser just accept defeat. Where is Asiwaju come let's merry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2023
Kayode1979:

I guess it will fire your father first before you.
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by SmartyPants(m): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2023
Hyperchi:
He told us from the start, that we should not vote him base on his tribe or religion but by how competent he is .
But one man was telling us if it not him then it nobody, and his ppl to vote for him coz he is Yoruba. But am still happy that some of his ppl where obident,
The obident movement was a national bonding for all tribe to come under one umbrella and show support to who they believed in. It was for individual not party.

National bonding? But when he went to Kano he went to Sabon Gari, when he went to kaduna he went to Kafanchan? Why was he only campaigning to Christians?

Why was it that LP instructed Igbos, and only Igbos, to remain in place across the federation for the purpose of achieving the 25% spread required?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by eebraa(m): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2023
Your campaign and rally says otherwise
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Image123(m): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2023
Nobody really said it's about tribe or religion, we know fully well that it's about biafra. You are the one using tribe and religion to recruit and cover up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by lapintoz: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2023
ELECTION IN NIGERIA.

*RE: TRIBAL JINGOISM*

*Call it whatever you want, but this is the BITTER TRUTH!*

Peter Obi IS FROM SOUTH EAST comprising Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi,
Enugu And Imo States. His party (Labour Party) won these areas with the following votes:

Abia - 88%
Anambra - 95%
Ebonyi - 80%
Enugu - 94%
Imo- 77%

No Presidential Candidate - Tinubu, Atiku or Kwankaso won 25% in any Igboland or South East!

The results in South East could only happen in the old SOVIET UNION! South East was the cesspit of rigging during 2003, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019 and now more glaringly in 2023 Elections from the above stated results!

SOUTH EAST is the only geopolitical zone in Nigeria that refused to open up to other Nigerians!

Igboland for Igbos only?

Who is a fool?

Who is a tribalist?

Is this the Nigeria of our dream?

Love begets Love! Trust begets Trust!

In Atiku's region, Atiku didn't win all the states, Tinubu won one, Tinubu won Borno.

In Tinubu's region, Tinubu didn't win all the states, Atiku won in Osun while Obi won Lagos.

But in Obi's region, Obi cleared all the 5 states.

No outsider (presidential candidate) won any of the States in the entire South-East.

Tinubu and Atiku didn't even meet up the 25% of the votes mark, Tinubu made 0% in Anambra and 1% in some of the Eastern states likewise Atiku.

When you point a finger at some, four are pointing back at you.

You accused others of tribalism but with this analysis, it is clear which tribe is doing tribalism, No outsider won in your region, no outsider made the 25% votes mark. Nawaooo.

Or were the elections in the South East not rigged because the lowest percentage Obi got was in Imo........77%,
Anambra...95%
Enugu........94%
Ebonyi.......80%
Abia...........88%

Tinubu's percentage in his own region
Lagos........45%
Ondo.........67%
Oyo...........56%
Ogun.........59%
Ekiti...........65%
Osun.........47%

Atiku's percentage in his own region
Adamawa...57%
Taraba........38%
Borno.........41%
Bauchi........50%
Gombe.......63%
Yobe...........52%

*Statistics don't lie*

Now, where does the tribalism lies?*

KEEP PRAYING FOR ONE UNITED NIGERIA.

Bromax:

All the paedophilic rascals and tribal mucus wey no get sense. Thunder finish your generation for abusing an innocent man.

2 Likes

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Hyperchi(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2023
Iwedunloye:

Since he campaigned in churches he should have done the same in Mosques and shrines
His vise did it in mosque, like oshibajo did for buhari in church.
Macban was doing it for tinubu i n mosque
Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Is04970: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2023
1. Dr. Alex Otti is an IGBO MAN from Isiala-Ngwa area of Abia State. He has ALWAYS been identified to be from there.

But today, the same Ngwa people say Otti is a FOREIGNER IN ABIA by virtue of the area of Ngwa that he comes from.

They are of the opinion that he isnt an "original Ngwa man".

They say he is "Not Abia enough" to be the Governor of their state!!!

It is what has caused all the wahala in Abia State Guber.

He has won eventually but I can imagine that he will have problems.

2. Not too long ago, in this 4th Republic , a Yoruba man who had stayed forever in ONITSHA went beyond this boundaries.

He wanted to contest COUNCILORSHIP POSITION in one of their WARDS in that town.

Ordinary Councilor o!!!

They told him to clear out but he didn't understand.

He was summarily liquidated.

3. In Enugu we saw a viral video of a Leader, an elderly man, insisting that a particular politician whose ancestry was traced to nearby EBONYI STATE can never be allowed to be their Governor in Enugu.

He said NEVER.

He was terribly agitated about it.

They didn't allow that man.

4. In Anambra again, Bianca Onoh is an IGBO WOMAN. Her father was from neighbouring Enugu which used to be one state with them but she married no less a man than Emeka Ojukwu himself

A whole Ojukwu.

But Ojukwu was Anambra.

Bianca indicated that she wanted to contest the senatorial election in Anambra.

Anambra People told her to go to HER FATHERS LAND!!!!

That was it.

5. Ironically, Mrs Betty Akeredolu came to her own fathers land to ask for Senatorial ticket

Her father's land is IMO.

Imo people promptly told her to go back to her HUSBAND'S LAND IN ONDO STATE to find the ticket.

6. Till this day they still have the OSU CASTE system in that Igbo land.

Christianity couldn't wash it away.

OSU people still suffer humiliations amongst fellow Igbo people.

They have limitations to their rights up till this day.

They are discriminated against.

7. But these Abia, Anambra , Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo men are all over the place in Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, Osun and Lagos states telling you stories of 'One Nigeria" and preaching against"Tribalism " that it is fair and okay for them to become anything of politics in your land as they LIVE AND OWN HOUSES IN YOUR COMMUNITIES.

The want to be able to contest elections as GOVERNOR in Lagos and infact they want to achieve it by IGBO BLOC VOTES as they have moved half of their population into Lagos.

They want to be SENATORS in Lagos.

They want to be DEPUTY-GOVERNOR in Ogun.

They actually feel they deserve to be consulted in Ekiti before you chose your leaders.

They OPENLY tell you that LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.

HOW A PEOPLE DEMAND FROM YOU WHAT THEY CAN'T GIVE YOU IS WHAT I WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

They don't do these things in the NORTH because they are very much aware that the NORTHERNERS KNOW THEM.

They do it to the Yoruba people because they are also very aware that the Yorubas don't travel to the EAST and therefore don't know the IGBO characters.

Yorubas are a very easy-going and easily contented, we hardly have had reasons to be going up and down to the spaces of other people.

But you come to us when we DIDN'T INVITE YOU and then begin to harrass us with games of competition which is something that isn't part of our own culture.

We don't go about with crazy aggression trying to outdo or get better than our neighbours.

Our ancestors taught us to be okay and satisfied with what we have.

We only look to be the better of ourselves, to become a better person than we were yesterday.

Money was and still is not a yardstick of measuring the quality of men in Yoruba land - YOUR OMOLÚÀBÍ CONTENT IS.

We will continue to educate our people.

Things can't be the same again.

©️ Adedamola Adetayo
23 March 2023. @officialABAT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by JagabanBorgu: 11:26am On Mar 27, 2023
SmartPolician:
The Druggie's urchins have reduced Nigeria's elections to ethnicity. This is the same politics APC plays in Lagos State every four years.
"Christians take back ur country" is a statement coming from Obi's mouth.
Not APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi by Hdhdhd(m): 11:28am On Mar 27, 2023
Kayode1979:

🔥 Your papa, 🔥 your mama, 🔥 you, your wife and your children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbo Group Gives 90 Days To South East Governors To Launch Security Outfit / Igbo People Won’t Be Part Of ‘Satanic’ Interim Government - Ohanaeze Ndigbo / This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.