Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,970 members, 7,873,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:14 AM

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother (38959 Views)

12-year-old Boy Destroys His Mothers House Because She Took His Phone Away / My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Jayboi(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2023
Whatever you do just make sure you don't overdo it. If Ur conscience is clear that with the way you confronted her mum, it's still within order and not outrightly rude then stand Ur ground. But if u don overvex and spoil things, beg her.
Just that whenever u don't like something, don't keep quiet.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by louken(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
you should have done that the FIRST time the mother interfered in your family matters...11yrs of letting her mother believe she was in charge, is way too long and now a waste of energy to try to correct it.
Better late than never.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by udemzyudex(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2023
superCleanworks:

You want to start mixing the cement after it has turned to a rock. good luck with that.

So he should continue tolerating it since it had turn to rock?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by atobs4real(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2023
Receive sense and leave her for a while
She believed in feeding you
Leave her mother to talk to her.
Later talk to your wife because she will always give you feedback

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by mrblessed(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2023
Who is the wife and who is the husband? Today, in the western world, these roles are becoming extinct.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by GindoX(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2023
You didn't tell us your own fault or mistake, let's hear from your wife or mother's in-law before I give my judgement.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,
I got married 11years ago, my mother in-law has always in the picture of everything in our home and has total control of my wife. My wife cannot object anything she says even when I, as her husband challenged it. 90% of the major issues we had as a couple were caused by my mother in-law. After 11years, I decided to confront her to stop controlling her daughter and stop interfering in our marriage and home. I confronted her and my wife left the house. Her reason for leaving the house is that I disrespected her family.
more details later
For 11 years? undecided

Where is the detail explaining what really went down abeg? undecided

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by udemzyudex(m): 8:07pm On May 26, 2023
sisisioge:
How did you confront your mil? Would you be fine if your wife used same style on your mother? She said you disrespected her family...there are a million and one ways to politely ask in laws not to meddle in your affairs without being offensive fa.

Anyways, on a brighter note, the message has been passed across and mama wont be meddling in the future even when you need her to meddle...if there is a future. All of una go dey alright.

The fact that she left the house because he confronted her says a lot oga.
That's it.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On May 26, 2023
GindoX:
You didn't tell us your own fault or mistake, let's hear from your wife or mother's in-law before I give my judgement.
Good one! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by specialmati(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2023
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Chetas81(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2023
Her mother might be single mother

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Henz81: 8:10pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

I got married 11years ago, my mother in-law has always in the picture of everything in our home and has total control of my wife. My wife cannot object anything she says even when I, as her husband challenged it. 90% of the major issues we had as a couple were caused by my mother in-law. After 11years, I decided to confront her to stop controlling her daughter and stop interfering in our marriage and home. I confronted her and my wife left the house. Her reason for leaving the house is that I disrespected her family.

more details later

I think you have done what a real man should do and at the right time. But if only what you said about your mother inlaw interference in your marriage is true. As for your wife, agaracha must come back. In Igbo language, runner away or walkaholic wife must come back.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by tonytony208(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2023
sisisioge:
How did you confront your mil? Would you be fine if your wife used same style on your mother? She said you disrespected her family...there are a million and one ways to politely ask in laws not to meddle in your affairs without being offensive fa.

Anyways, on a brighter note, the message has been passed across and mama wont be meddling in the future even when you need her to meddle...if there is a future. All of una go dey alright.

Would it be right if his mother also controls the husband?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by 7arrows: 8:11pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

more details later

Let her go and marry her mother. If u allow her back in without her coming on her knees with family members, one Goat and black label jonny Walker whiskey with pepper meat and pomo to appease the gods, then u fuxk up. She will do something stronger next time. Trust me I'm talking out of experience.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Greenfusion: 8:13pm On May 26, 2023
Personally, your story is not complete, i think i need an instance or 2 how your mother in law interfered.... sometimes what we think is interference may not be, also how and what did you tell or do to your mother in law...? This would help make proper judgement.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by 7arrows: 8:13pm On May 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
For 11 years? undecided

Where is the detail explaining what really went down abeg? undecided

Aproko what details u dey find again. How they had sex?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by GoodbutBadguy: 8:13pm On May 26, 2023
Dear OP, you have no choice but to call your wife and beg her don't take the red pillars approach undecided beg her mom and start taking your wife out, buy gifts for her, gist her as you will do to your friends, give her good s*x, and take her on vacations. All these will make her too clingy that she won't want to live you or do anything that will hurt you, though no 1 is perfect.
The problem with most married men is that they see their wives as housewives. The attached image speaks volumes if a human being can make friends with a lion how much more are a man and his wife? The bottom line is your wife isn't confiding in you because you lack human management the common problem of we men undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On May 26, 2023
7arrows:
■ Aproko what details u dey find again. How they had sex?
You are joking with this silly ask, right? Or are you one of those who desire my attention that badly? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by aklion: 8:16pm On May 26, 2023
Immature response everywhere. Obviously na kids full this platform... Bro if you are a church person involved your spiritual head now. To me don't bother your wife. If she realized what she has done she go find her home. Never you go begging. I repeat never. You stop the devil from broking your home. Your wife vex. No right thinking man would allow a woman to control him no matter what. It's good you took such step. Maintain it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by SmartyPants(m): 8:17pm On May 26, 2023
I don't see what your problem is though.

You're missing her or what?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by sanya4good(m): 8:18pm On May 26, 2023
You tried to have waited for whole 11 years. Such things are better corrected immediately after wedding. Good luck sha.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Nahunger(m): 8:18pm On May 26, 2023
thesicilian:

Maybe you shouldn't have waited for 11 years before challenging her. It's always best to set the proper foundation from the beginning, otherwise whatever happens you just have to find a way to tolerate it. As it stands now you either go and apologize to them or wait and see if your wife will come to her senses

He's a weakling speaking up after 11 years, may we not have such unfortunate children

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by davefieldpop(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2023
What you wouldn't eat, you shouldn't bother smelling it out in the first place.
Your MIL believes she's doing right by her daughter, you should have been firm from the beginning.
All the same it's your wife that's your primary target. You tell her what you want in your family.
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by luckedesiri(m): 8:23pm On May 26, 2023
Allow her go until she get sense....
If she never gets her sense back... Then she's not for u...

U sef ehn.... If no be say you be senior man... I for like whip you oraimo cord for neck....
How u go endure such nonsense for 11 good years on top woman wen u use your money marry abi them borrow you money take marry the woman

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Faposky95: 8:23pm On May 26, 2023
Stop there,those saying you goofed....
MARRIEDs.....talk sense here...
Unmarrieds, excuse....
It's your family here.....
Mama, pls eat some shit once awhile......

Even if she served Queen Elizabeth, it's your wife, and if your wife feels the intimacy is waning and want to trade places, let her try.....
Don't tell me that your wife has been this super daughter....or else that's a red flag which I think the guys may have been right....

However, as shit hits the fan, remember that a man lived through the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings....
Yours is small fry

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by zedegit: 8:24pm On May 26, 2023
iHateFraudsters:
If my wife dares leave my house for 24hrs, then she'll stay out permanently.

Cos she'll have a hard time explaining the man she went to visit.

I doubt you are married.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by ORIAYO70(m): 8:25pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

more details later

I have been in Marriage officially for 14yrs now, I can categorically tell you the negative effect of external interference... Stand ur grand

Say Enough is Enough o to get!!

If she wants to follow her mother so be it .. before dey plan bad coup for you... Talking from experience that almost scattered my cousins home... Those mother-in-law sometimes r evil.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by boxypane(m): 8:25pm On May 26, 2023
Way to go bro, fire her better warning then apologies later. If she dears again, make the firing harder.
If she no get manners, make she find another man for daughter wey no know where to place respect of common sense.
If I was in your shoes, they will have been begging by now.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:26pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

more details later

My brother, don't beat yourself up.You are the head of your home and should be in charge of everything that happens there,so nobody should try to take control of your home.
Not even your family members or in-laws.You didn't do anything wrong in trying to take back authority over your home.
As for your wife,she must be very sick in the head, to allow her mother run your home from the background.
Who does that? A sensible wife runs and guards her home jealously,not allowing or tolerating any form of interference from family members and in-laws.
Since she has decided to leave, just ignore her completely,no calls or texts.She is trying to blackmail you emotionally, and you must not fall for it.
Ignore her,as if she doesn't exist.
Nobody will tell her to advise herself and return and be a sensible wife.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Divoc19(f): 8:26pm On May 26, 2023
I hope you have kids.... Let her remain with her mum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car / Immigration Officer’s Wife Battered For Shunning Love Advances / What Is The Meaning Of 'dada' (dreadlocks) In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.