Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,722 members, 7,885,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight (29793 Views)

Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / Watch Pastor Sign Fireman In Documentary Titled Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sagamite(m): 10:00pm On Oct 29, 2011
tlops:

I am not a fan of condemning men of God, but  this spidermanfire-brand MOG leaves much to be questioned. the thing be like movie, not even sound in the thing he claimed him "rich", God is a game, entice people, I raised countless numbers of dead people. to be honest I never even hear his name b4 this day. I dont think he made his money from those congregations ohh. one man got three cars in 5 months, I like that part.

What men of God?

Did you mean men of Con?

asas:

which pastor o

The one that gives you fire, prosperity and salvation na.  grin tongue
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by cold(m): 6:20am On Oct 30, 2011
Lawd have mercy!What! Christianity has gone to the dogs!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by knowjack: 6:28am On Oct 30, 2011
doyin13:

I think you are being a tad unfair. I don't think he did that bad a job. It wasn't the most thorough of documentaries, but for a thirty minute piece, they packed in as much as they could.

But in my opinion, the real story is not the pastors anymore. Their motivations are obvious and their modus operandi well tried and widely tested. I think the bigger story lies within congregations. These people that in other contexts would rather die than part with ten naira but willingly fling money at the feet of a
sugar toothed con artist who can't even be bothered to disguise the fact he is fleecing them.

very true. the people must hold these preachers accountable. but, they must also hold themselves accountable to know the truth and not just follow blindly.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Chaldook(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2011
These is the reason, christians and more christians, become atheists or muslims, by every passing second e.g muhasmas ghandi, to whom indians attributes their freedom to britain to. a christian turned muslim. He implied that 'christians are very carefree about thier religion'. Another insteace is our very own asari dukubo who fought for the well payment of south south state who supply 95% of the nation's revenue, turned from a christian to a muslim. Nigeria is gradually losing the christian dominated south east and south south O! Only God knows what's going on in our religions now. Be careful O!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2011
^^^^^^

Not true.

If you are referring to nominal Christians, those in name only, those who became Christian by baptism at birth or through their parents, we may agree.

If you are referring to those Christians who made a quick confession of faith without conviction or intention to follow Jesus and deny themselves , you may be right.

But TRUE Believers who were Born Again of the Spirit of GOD will never never leave Christ to follow other sects .

Many miss the point, that to be born again is a real , spiritual life experience that can never be erased from the soul.

"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." - 1 John 2:19

Funny enough, atheists and their cohorts of other ideologies make the gross mistake of lumping all Christians as one, even those who have never had a relationship with GOD. This is either an intention of omission or ignorance.

In summary, i agree that many who could have become Christian and those Christians who were never convicted of their faith to begin with , may lose any desire for GOD because of these thieving fraudsters, but my advise is ,  if you read the bible you will not be deceived.

You are deceived because in some cases you are also as greedy as the pastors themselves. It takes two to tango. No greedy people =  no greedy pastor
greedy people = greedy pastors

But hey , thats why we are here to not just expose the false prophets and false teachers , but to point people back to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

Even Jesus himself prophesied that in the end times, the love of many will wax cold due to the prevalence  of immorality.

Christians HOLD on to your faith, Jesus is the ONLY way.

Do not let the offspring of SATAN deceive you with silly made up stories, half-truths and foolish talk.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by olapluto(m): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2011
Shame on the Nigerian state for allowing so much space for these fraudsters. I cringe and wonder where the regulators are! Shame on those pastors. Shame on the people high up in authority who turn a blind eye to this advanced 419. Shame on everyone who supports this.
Shame on anyone who sees this and does not enlighten people. Shame!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by cold(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2011
^^Which regulators are you on about?You want a massive outcry from the hypnotised christians who would immediately accuse the government of persecuting christians.Blame the so called christians who have allowed themselves to be used as farm diaries where their pastors and so called men of God go to milk them dry and fatten up themselves and their ilk.
When you try to make them see reason,they come up with clichés like; 'touch not my anointed' or 'do not judge,lest ye be judged'.I feel for my people
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sagamite(m): 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2011
cold:

[b]^^Which regulators are you on about?You want a massive outcry from the hypnotised christians who would immediately accuse the government of persecuting christians. [/b]Blame the so called christians who have allowed themselves to be used as farm diaries where their pastors and so called men of God go to milk them dry and fatten up themselves and their ilk.
When you try to make them see reason,they come up with clichés like; 'touch not my anointed' or 'do not judge,lest ye be judged'.I feel for my people   

Thank you, bruv!

That is exactly what I was about to post.

It is the cretins being fleeced that will defend their men of Con and will follow the Man of Con's preach that the devil and demons has seized the sole of the public official.

It is just the pure consequence of the ediots Nigerians have turned into after the corrupt leaders destroyed lives.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by 989900: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2011
"it's noting personal just business", watch the godfather,
I only blame those who pay them , there are a million ways to pay tithes, many have poor family members and neighbours, "Love your neighbour as yourself" rather we only prefer to flaunt our cars and riches at them, while we go and play maga to the pastors, it's all a freaking circle.

Anyways, most get their riches thru questionable means hence, they think they can get some clemency by donating to the church, meh!! you be chop!!, ordinary job!! "thief carry am thief collect"
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sagamite(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
989900:

"it's noting personal just business", watch the godfather,
I only blame those who pay them , there are a million ways to pay tithes, many have poor family members and neighbours, "Love your neighbour as yourself" rather we only prefer to flaunt our cars and riches at them, while we go and play maga to the pastors, it's all a freaking circle.

Anyways, most get their riches thru questionable means hence, they think they can get some clemency by donating to the church, meh!! you be chop!!, ordinary job!! "thief carry am thief collect"

Thank you!

Nigeria is really a magaville!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by kawkab: 5:17am On Oct 31, 2011
A lot of this pastors are changing their name now. What is Sign Fireman what tribe is he, I once saw one that writes his name as Great Greatness, I have also seen Thunderbolt etc.

Most of them are fake and fraudsters.

Though there are are still truthful men of God out there.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by thameamead(f): 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
The man who opened a shopping mall and invited the pastor, he told the reporter "when he speaks something happens, when he prophetises something happens. LOL

The part where one of the fake wannabe Pastor said " Pastor Fireman picked me up from the gutter, within 5 months, i had 3 cars, desighner clothes, it like Magic" that was sooooo funny.

The woman that the Pastor cast demons out of, turned out to be his receptionist, it was funny when the reporter asked her if she had recovered, she siad she could not remember.

I really enjoyed the documentary, despite the fact it lasted for 30ominutes but i have to say 98% of Pastors in Nigeria would not have allowed a film crew to follow their every move, the reporter asked to speak to some of them but they declined, so a big thank you to Pastor Fireman and Chris for at least trying to show viewers how they con their congregation.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by r231(m): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
thameamead:

The man who opened a shopping mall and invited the pastor, he told the reporter "when he speaks something happens, when he prophetises something happens. LOL

The part where one of the fake wannabe Pastor said " Pastor Fireman picked me up from the gutter, within 5 months, i had 3 cars, desighner clothes, it like Magic" that was sooooo funny.

The woman that the Pastor cast demons out of, turned out to be his receptionist, it was funny when the reporter asked her if she had recovered, she siad she could not remember.

I really enjoyed the documentary, despite the fact it lasted for 30ominutes but i have to say 98% of Pastors in Nigeria would not have allowed a film crew to follow their every move, the reporter asked to speak to some of them but they declined, so a big thank you to Pastor Fireman and Chris for at least trying to show viewers how they con their congregation.

abi o grin grin grin

Like the reporter said, the guy really knows how to market himself and thats what he is doing selling himself to the blinds grin grin grin

his 3 jeeps are way better than his house grin grin grin but i guess the mansion is on the way grin
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by 9ja4eva: 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
LINK TO WATCH THE CLIP:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/4od

If people still believe in worshipping Pastors after watching this video i sorry for them.

Fireman should be arrested and locked up.He is no different from yahoo yahoo boys.The only thing is he uses the bible to decieve people.I liked how Seyi Rhodes confronted him at the end.He was speechless and couldn't challenge him.Imagine them stopping you from taking pictures of Christ Embassy.Say wetin happen?Dem never jam jare.More people should challenge our so called"SPIRITUAL LEADERS". Like i say the only reason why Nigeria will remain the way it is,is because people don't face reality no more.Religion is the worst thing white people brought to Africa.I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
thameamead:

contrary to what you guys think, i actually feel dr fireman isa genuine prophet!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by otiigba1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
[/quote][quote author=coogar link=topic=791491.msg9453258#msg9453258 date=1320080121]
contrary to what you guys think, i actually feel dr fireman isa genuine prophet!
well sorry to dissapoint you we dont feel the same way, he is definately a CON, and he knows that himself
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
oti-igba:

well sorry to dissapoint you we dont feel the same way, he is definately a CON, and he knows that himself

can you prove it?

by proving it, i don't mean gibberish or conjectures plucked from the stratosphere.
i mean hard evidence, financial statements, dodgy activities linked to him.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by r231(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

How, , , , ,

Pls explain further grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
r231:

How, , , , ,

Pls explain further grin cheesy

he has nothing to hide.

you saw what he does. he preaches, performs miracles and he is bettering the lives of his congregation.
just so you know - these pastors must appear rich and presentable.

a host of congregation looking for financial breakthrough will not believe a scruffy and an unkempt looking pastor.
that's the african mentality: "if he's such a miracle worker - why is he poor?"

and we often forget offering/tithes are not forced. . . . .people don't drop this money at knife/gun-point.
they do so from their own volition. . . .so i ask: where's the fraud?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by r231(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
But thats what I said earlier. . . .

He knows how to market his brand

Ermmmm what miracle did he do doh cus i didn't see non
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
r231:

But thats what I said earlier. . . .

He knows how to market his brand

Ermmmm what miracle did he do doh cus i didn't see non

you didn't see the part where a man said he used to be very poor but now he's a made man!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by denzel2009: 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

you didn't see the part where a man said he used to be very poor but now he's a made man!

Coogar the defender of the defenceless. cheesy

Ok, will you attend that church?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
denzel2009:

Coogar the defender of the defenceless. cheesy

Ok, will you attend that church?

no!
i don't hop from one church to another looking for miracles.
my church is sufficient!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by denzel2009: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

no!
i don't hop from one church to another looking for miracles.
my church is sufficient!
I meant assuming a good friend invites you for a baby dedication in pastor firemans church. cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2011
denzel2009:

I meant assuming a good friend invites you for a baby dedication in pastor firemans church. cheesy

why not?
it's an invitation. . . . .
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by r231(m): 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

Who?

the pastor with 3 cars and gold wrist watch undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
r231:

Who?

you'd rather he's dressed in rags and climbing okada? undecided
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by r231(m): 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

you'd rather he's dressed in rags and climbing okada? undecided

Not really. . . grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by cold(m): 12:28am On Nov 01, 2011
r231:

Who?

Pentecostal styled Christianity; 'Image is everything'
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sagamite(m): 9:36am On Nov 01, 2011
coogar:

he has nothing to hide.

you saw what he does. he preaches, performs miracles and he is bettering the lives of his congregation.
just so you know - these pastors must appear rich and presentable.

a host of congregation looking for financial breakthrough will not believe a scruffy and an unkempt looking pastor.
that's the african mentality: "if he's such a miracle worker - why is he poor?"

and we often forget offering/tithes are not forced. . . . .people don't drop this money at knife/gun-point.
they do so from their own volition. . . .so i ask: where's the fraud?

How is he bettering the life of his congregation?

How many of them are driving hummers and 2 other luxury cars based on his "miracle"?

Where did he get the money to buy a hummer when his sole visible job is ministering? Was that a miracle? What type? Looting miracles? The same "miracle" of out millionaire public officials and politicians who earn small salaries?

How come the "mystery" woman he delivered from demons turned out to be his receptionist?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Jenwitemi(m): 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2011
The woman was even laughing when she saw the guy. That laughter alone said volumes about the whole charade.
Sagamite:
How come the mystery woman he delivered from demons turned out to be his secretary?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2011
Sagamite:

How is he bettering the life of his congregation?

a man said people who knew him years ago would testify he used to be a pauper but things have changed.
there must be a considerable progress in the lives of his congregation for them to be visiting his church. i have never heard about fireman until i saw the documentary.

How many of them are driving hummers and 2 other cars based on his "miracle"?

i wouldn't know but i doubt all of them feed on less than £1 per day as well.
in any given community, some are rich, some are poor.

Where did he get the money to buy a hummer when his soul visible job is ministry?

it could have been a gift from members of his congregation. the issue of "gifts" in nigeria is ambiguous.

Was that a miracle? What type? Looting miracles? The same "miracle" of out millionaire public officials and politicians?

nigerians don't go to churches without signs and wonders. the narrator said his church is 2,000 members strong.
looting miracles? you have any evidence of this or what? that some pastors have looted does not mean all pastors loot. each case should be looked at separately.

How come the mystery woman he delivered from demons turned out to be his secretary?

the secretary is a member of the church. are one's secretaries immuned to deliverance?
if he wanted to be shady, he would have performed a miracle to cure her blindness, her disability or something more outlandish. he just delivered her from demons. baby christians do that on a regular. it's no biggie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / Peace Ibiyeomie Donates To Widows In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Which Gospel Song Takes You Into The Spiritual Realm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.