Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) (58531 Views)

Very Irritating Food Combos I Can Never Cook Or Accept From Any One / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? / 7 Suya Combos That You Must Try– African Cuisine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 1:59pm On Jun 21
Not too long ago, these foods were considered very cheap, and were often the choice when one was broke and wanted a meal that'll keep them full for long, but nowadays ehn, they're not so cheap anymore for so many people.

What used to be your favourite food combo that held you down when you were broke, but are no longer that cheap? cheesy

Picture credit: Instagram

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 2:00pm On Jun 21
Good ol' Bread and beans.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 2:02pm On Jun 21
Fries.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by joceey(m): 2:03pm On Jun 21
grin that ewa agoyin na bomb with just 3 sacket of pure water finish am enter lecture class.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 2:05pm On Jun 21
Noodles and eggs.

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 2:07pm On Jun 21
Should we add this one? cheesy

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 2:09pm On Jun 21
Cc: Nlfpmod

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by muyico(m): 2:10pm On Jun 21
I prefer eating only Akara in d morning

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by DevilsEqual(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21
Bread and Akara is cool but i stopped eating it when i realized it disappears from my stomach as quickly as possible, sometimes in less than 2hours.

Bread and Beans would still be the go-to-option for many men even if inflation hits 1000%, Its won our trust already

The pictures tho tongue

175 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Watianoengineer(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21
cool
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by gasparpisciotta: 2:13pm On Jun 21
The only cheap option in the pictures is garri, epa and sugar, you can get them below N500.

Beans is now very expense, akara is now 100/1, pap, adult size with sugar is N500.

Indomie is 700/1*2=1500
Egg one N200, forget pepper and tomato, you may add onion if u don’t mind😩

Bread and beans 700+500=1200 no meat

Plantain and yam? 😏

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Generalkaycee(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21
Nigeria is gone!
Courtesy of APC

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 2:20pm On Jun 21
How could I have forgotten Beans and dodo? cheesy

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by MatrixReloaded: 2:21pm On Jun 21
Prepare it aat the back of your compound or get a farmland to start farming

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 2:22pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:
Prepare it aat the back of your compound or get a farmland to start farming

Won de o! πŸ™„

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Tokskob2008: 2:35pm On Jun 21
Nothing is cheap anymore cos the government doesn't want the masses to survive and very soon they and their supporters will come out to tell us about how nutritious lizard is instead of us complaining about the high cost of proteins grin

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Fisiryorh(m): 2:51pm On Jun 21
PΓΊssy was cheap too...

Now e don cost...

13 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by PulsingPurple(m): 2:59pm On Jun 21
You've forgotten Bread and Tea (+ butter and/or fried eggs)

Stuff used to cost me about 1k on average for my family of 4

Now the egg alone is more than 1k
Spending 3k on bread is a nightmare...

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Menemonic: 3:01pm On Jun 21
PulsingPurple:
You've forgotten Bread and Tea (+ butter and/or fried eggs)

Stuff used to cost me about 1k on average for my family of 4

Now the egg alone is more than 1k
Spending 3k on bread is a nightmare...
shocked as I prize single egg today in Lag na 300..be like I go buy fowls keep.. undecided

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Menemonic: 3:03pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
this should be number one na angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Menemonic: 3:07pm On Jun 21
muyico:
I prefer eating only Akara in d morning
single akara is 100 for my side...

If you eat like 10 pieces you need to drink two litters of water before you feel alright.. If not you rather not eaten at all..

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Villa12(m): 3:28pm On Jun 21
God have mercy. Nothing is cheap in this country anymore.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by samuelgodson(m): 3:39pm On Jun 21
Garri is not complete without fried fish ……..men things are really messed up bad

#500 used to get me bread, sardine and a drink
But now na 2k plus go buy me watin 5h dey buy before

Anyway Sir Ma Aunty Uncle Brother Sister Mama Papa, check my SIGNATURE πŸ‘‡πŸ½πŸ‘‡πŸ½πŸ‘‡πŸ½

7 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 3:52pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
this should be number one na angry

That one is the cheapest presently naa. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by PulsingPurple(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
shocked as I prize single egg today in Lag na 300..be like I go buy fowls keep.. undecided

It's bad oo
Mek I just wait small... I fit consider this idea

3 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by AcadaWriter: 5:11pm On Jun 21
Good ol' Bread and beans.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ishilove: 5:33pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
This combo is the saddest. How can this be beyond the reach of the common man??

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ishilove: 5:35pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Noodles and eggs.
This one saved the average student in the university. Now you'll spend almost 1k for 2 indomitable noodles and two eggs. Just imagine the rubbish this country has turned to

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Sandralight(f): 5:35pm On Jun 21
God we used to be a country.
I remember when I was in school and whenever I am broke I will buy Akara 300 and bread and it will last me a whole day but look at the country now.

The simplest food is now a luxury, salary remains the same while food, rent and everything have skyrocketed.
I cannot even save this period 😭
God will help us πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

22 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Stone03: 5:35pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Not too long ago, these foods were considered very cheap, and were often the choice when one was broke and wanted a meal that'll keep them full for long, but nowadays ehn, they're not so cheap anymore for so many people.

What used to be your favourite food combo that held you down when you were broke, but are no longer that cheap? cheesy

Picture credit: Instagram

I wanted to take something light this morning and I sent my boy to get me akara and bread. Before I knew it almost 1k has gone. Akara worth of 300naira was no where to be found. The sizes are competing with the size of groundnuts. 300naira worth of bread squeezed like the size of buns immediately I touched it. A cup of shai (tea) that use to be 100naira is now 300naira.

Nothing is cheap in Nigeria this time.
We need a more reasonable government

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by PinkNature(m): 5:36pm On Jun 21
Tokskob2008:
Nothing is cheap anymore cos the government doesn't want the masses to survive and very soon they and their supporters will come out to tell us about how nutritious lizard is instead of us complaining about the high cost of proteins grin

What are you talking about?

This government is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria.

Let's keep teaching Peter Obi a bitter lesson. God bless APC and the millions of hungry Nigerians that voted them in.

36 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Millions Of Sardines Washed Up On The Sea Shores In The Philippines (Video) / What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul / See What I Found Inside A Soft Drink

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.