Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,765 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) (58651 Views)

Very Irritating Food Combos I Can Never Cook Or Accept From Any One / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? / 7 Suya Combos That You Must Try– African Cuisine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Khyrvxjzy: 7:45pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:

Won de o! πŸ™„
shey e need sugar boy maami?
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Olumighty123(m): 7:52pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
E go soon reach your side... Am in the same mainland too..

Abeg no let am reach my side grin

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Funshowilliams: 7:54pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Not too long ago, these foods were considered very cheap, and were often the choice when one was broke and wanted a meal that'll keep them full for long, but nowadays ehn, they're not so cheap anymore for so many people.

What used to be your favourite food combo that held you down when you were broke, but are no longer that cheap? cheesy

Before with 250 naira u buy akara and bread now with tinubu price nobody can afford it..that’s how you know the reason people ask β€œwho Dey do the party β€œ tinubu govt is merriment for friends and well wishers forget about economics 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Picture credit: Instagram

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:58pm On Jun 21
joceey:
grin that ewa agoyin na bomb with just 3 sacket of pure water finish am enter lecture class.

Guy, I just don't understand!
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:59pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Should we add this one? cheesy

anybody eating that should be looked into by the EFCC
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ikpunekenwa(m): 8:00pm On Jun 21
DevilsEqual:
Bread and Akara is cool but i stopped eating it when i realized it disappears from my stomach as quickly as possible, sometimes in less than 2hours.

Bread and Beans would still be the go-to-option for many men even if inflation hits 1000%, Its won our trust already

The pictures tho tongue

agbero and owomida work no easy na, na thick gbegiri and amala your profession deserves.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by blowjohn(m): 8:01pm On Jun 21
DevilsEqual:
Bread and Akara is cool but i stopped eating it when i realized it disappears from my stomach as quickly as possible, sometimes in less than 2hours.

Bread and Beans would still be the go-to-option for many men even if inflation hits 1000%, Its won our trust already

The pictures tho tongue

Either u deworm or u see a priest for prayers
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ikpunekenwa(m): 8:02pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
shocked as I prize single egg today in Lag na 300..be like I go buy fowls keep.. undecided

You go feed the fowls your testicles abi?
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Roger3D(m): 8:06pm On Jun 21
Is life really like that in naija? Tinubu must be heartless
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Anunakeeh: 8:08pm On Jun 21
See them catching cruise instead of taking action lol.

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Vision101(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21
PinkNature:

What are you talking about?

This government is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria.

Let's keep teaching Peter Obi a bitter lesson. God bless APC and the millions of hungry Nigerians that voted them in.

Everyone was having fun discussing the events in the country must you bring up your tribalistic politics? By the way is there any proof that your Peter Obi would have done better under the circumstance?

I'm an Igbo but I'm very ashamed of our people's brand of politics.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Matabue1985: 8:19pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Not too long ago, these foods were considered very cheap, and were often the choice when one was broke and wanted a meal that'll keep them full for long, but nowadays ehn, they're not so cheap anymore for so many people.

What used to be your favourite food combo that held you down when you were broke, but are no longer that cheap? cheesy

beans and garri issa goal

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by MaziX(m): 8:22pm On Jun 21
Beans,plantain and warm coffee tongue

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ubdavis(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21
Aside from Mayne plantain and beans. Other are aren't very healthy
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Menemonic: 8:28pm On Jun 21
Ubdavis:
Aside from Mayne plantain and beans. Other are aren't very healthy
you can't tell this to an hungry man..

E fit slap you join oo..

grin

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by PinkNature(m): 8:29pm On Jun 21
Vision101:

Everyone was having fun discussing the events in the country must you bring up your tribalistic politics? By the way is there any proof that your Peter Obi would have done better understand the circumstance?

I'm an Igbo but I'm very ashamed of our people's brand of politics.

I'm from the west, so I don't understand the tribalism you're trying to build up here.

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:33pm On Jun 21
AngelicBeing:
One of my favorite foods : cheesy

Who can turn that down? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by ClearFlair: 8:33pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:
Prepare it aat the back of your compound or get a farmland to start farming

Why don't you volunteer to be their farm worker

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Nasri100(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21
ScarletBrace:

All you these Putin pan African bastards...
Calling akara, fried plantain, yam and other items that went through deep frying.., calling them fries is now slave mentality abi?
Why do you communicate here in English? Why don't you just type in your dialect into your web address space and start surfing the net in your fore Father's language?
Isn't that slave mentality too??
.Never seen a generation of fools looking woke and dumb at the same time as these.
Gloriously stupid lots.

You waste your time replying all those fools.

They will sit on their asses typing with an iPhone or Android (tech created by the west and whites) but still use their same stupid mouth to mock people that follow western culture.

Very stupid people.

Cc YorubaAssasin (Mumu person)

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:39pm On Jun 21
Treasure17:

It's the garri own that shock mΓ©.

No situation should ever affect the price of garri. undecided

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Danniedpastor(m): 8:42pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:

Now, akara and bread of that size/quantity will cost over 1k in the streets.

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by ufotunang: 8:44pm On Jun 21
muyico:
I prefer eating only Akara in d morning
...and akara now is 100 naira and very small... nawaoooo... renewed shege everywhere πŸ™„
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:45pm On Jun 21
Danniedpastor:

Now, akara and bread of that size/quantity will cost over 1k in the streets.

Honestly.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by caye(m): 8:48pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
single akara is 100 for my side...

If you eat like 10 pieces you need to drink two litters of water before you feel alright.. If not you rather not eaten at all..

Bros, I NO DEY EVEN LOOK IYA ALAKARA SIDE AGAIN*

About last month, as usual at night, I ordered for ₦300 akara.

Shebi , it was supposed to be 6 pieces, right?
Wrong, I saw 3 pcs; turned back and told the seller " em...na ₦300 I want o, you give me ₦150 akara!".

She replied , " Akara na ₦100/ piece now o! Thanks to Emilokan!".

I shock. I shook.
I accept my fate like dat.

Next day, I no even look their side again.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by latiephwald(m): 8:52pm On Jun 21
Goalnaldo:
Cooking at home used to be a very wise financial decision but these days ehn I don't know which is more economical.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I think buying in canteen can be quite cheaper.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Menemonic: 9:00pm On Jun 21
caye:

Bros, I NO DEY EVEN LOOK IYA ALAKARA SIDE AGAIN*

About last month, as usual at night, I ordered for ₦300 akara.

Shebi , it was supposed to be 6 pieces, right?
Wrong, I saw 3 pcs; turned back and told the seller " em...na ₦300 I want o, you give me ₦150 akara!".

She replied , " Akara na ₦100/ piece now o! Thanks to Emilokan!".

I shock. I shook.
I accept my fate like dat.

Next day, I no even look their side again.
the first time I buy at #100 was be my last too.. NEVER AGAIN..

I will rather buy corn 300 naira than 300 naira akara..

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Menemonic: 9:03pm On Jun 21
Goalnaldo:
Cooking at home used to be a very wise financial decision but these days ehn I don't know which is more economical.
guy I no understand again just slight difference now..

grin
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Bashirkareem31: 9:06pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:

Won de o! πŸ™„
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by xexofe1741(m): 9:11pm On Jun 21
PinkNature:

What are you talking about?

This government is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria.

Let's keep teaching Peter Obi a bitter lesson. God bless APC and the millions of hungry Nigerians that voted them in.

be calming down
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 9:19pm On Jun 21
Abeg gerrout
MatrixReloaded:
Prepare it aat the back of your compound or get a farmland to start farming
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by ajog1: 9:20pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
shocked as I prize single egg today in Lag na 300..be like I go buy fowls keep.. undecided
Look for noiler, buy, keep, give it a very very little of what you eat, and allow to roam around your compound so it could feast on some special weeds, lizards, insects, worms and sit-back as you await the healthy non-chemicalized eggs it lays for you daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ubdavis(m): 9:22pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
you can't tell this to an hungry man..

E fit slap you join oo..

grin

I slap am bak

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul / See What I Found Inside A Soft Drink / Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.