Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,234 members, 7,887,654 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:57 AM

Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) (58896 Views)

Very Irritating Food Combos I Can Never Cook Or Accept From Any One / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? / 7 Suya Combos That You Must Try– African Cuisine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by GloriousGbola: 5:38pm On Jun 21
Ishilove:

This one saved the average student in the university. Now you'll spend almost 1k for 2 indomitable noodles and two eggs. Just imagine the rubbish this country has turned to

I have transitioned to golden penny. It is what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by PinkNature(m): 5:38pm On Jun 21
PulsingPurple:
You've forgotten Bread and Tea (+ butter and/or fried eggs)

Stuff used to cost me about 1k on average for my family of 4

Now the egg alone is more than 1k
Spending 3k on bread is a nightmare...

Are you using 1 crate of egg to make tea?

Egg is a luxury. Only the rich should think about adding eggs to their meal.

God bless APC and the millions of Nigerians that voted them in because of religious affiliations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ishilove: 5:39pm On Jun 21
GloriousGbola:

I have transitioned to golden penny. It is what it is.
I don't blame ya. I too have moved to supreme noodles

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 6:32pm On Jun 21
Ishilove:

This combo is the saddest. How can this be beyond the reach of the common man??

Hahahaha
I was telling someone the other day that to drink garri with its accompaniments nowadays, one would need at least ₦500.

Ishilove:

This one saved the average student in the university. Now you'll spend almost 1k for 2 indomitable noodles and two eggs. Just imagine the rubbish this country has turned to

Only as recent as 2020/21, with as little as ₦100, one could buy 2 packs of noodles and one large egg.

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 6:35pm On Jun 21
Stone03:

I wanted to take something light this morning and I sent my boy to get me akara and bread. Before I knew it almost 1k has gone. Akara worth of 300naira was no where to be found. The sizes are competing with the size of groundnuts. 300naira worth of bread squeezed like the size of buns immediately I touched it. A cup of shai (tea) that use to be 100naira is now 300naira.

Nothing is cheap in Nigeria this time.
We need a more reasonable government

The situation is not even funny anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Olumighty123(m): 6:38pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
shocked as I prize single egg today in Lag na 300..be like I go buy fowls keep.. undecided

300 keh?for where be that? It's sold for 200 here on the mainland
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by phemmie06(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21
One of the most expensive food now
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by NothingDoMe: 6:44pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Good ol' Bread and beans.
Ewa Agoyin!
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by XXXsearch: 6:45pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:
Prepare it aat the back of your compound or get a farmland to start farming

Aparo
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by CJStarz: 6:46pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:

Osi ni ni
Osi ikwuru off point 😂
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by blessedinnoma(m): 6:49pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:
This one used to be very cheap those days but it costs above 1k these days.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Iceberg3: 6:49pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
How could I have forgotten Beans and dodo? cheesy
This was my favourite then...
The people always bought the ewa and isu from the elewa woman which is the usual and left the dodo...so I will just buy the beans and the whole dodo....elewa would gladly just give them all to me 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by do4luv14(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
How could I have forgotten Beans and dodo? cheesy

Beans and boli, ripe boli, chaii, with just #500 I can eat to my fill before,

buh now, the highest I can get is #600 and it won't even fill me

it's now bread with coke #800 or #550 to the rescue 😁

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by YorubaAssasin: 6:52pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Fries.

Which one be fries?

No be akara, dundu & dodo be dis ni?

9ja and useless slave mentality sha. angry

8 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Gosh234: 6:52pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:
Yes ooo
Since APC want us all to mad

Ndi ara

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by esemes256: 6:52pm On Jun 21
The rate at which things have gone bad is surprising. E be like film for my eye.

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Omololupromise: 6:53pm On Jun 21
Not cheap again
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by phorget(m): 6:55pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:

How many have you farmed?
How do I build a refinery in my backyard please? I want to also start refining my own fuel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by RepoMan007: 6:56pm On Jun 21
You forgot cassava derivatives and sugar.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
this should be number one na angry
imagine, egg of 3 for 50 when Jonathan was leaving and 1/50 when Buhari left.

4 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Hanndye: 6:58pm On Jun 21
DevilsEqual:
Bread and Akara is cool but i stopped eating it when i realized it disappears from my stomach as quickly as possible, sometimes in less than 2hours.

Bread and Beans would still be the go-to-option for many men even if inflation hits 1000%, Its won our trust already

The pictures tho tongue
Na moi-moi dey disappear like that no be akara.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by IGBADUNSQUAD(m): 6:58pm On Jun 21
Bread, Beans, and Coke (BBC)... Nice combo

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by VaginaAcademic: 6:58pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Should we add this one? cheesy
Gaf is for the rich these days grin
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:58pm On Jun 21
gasparpisciotta:
The only cheap option in the pictures is garri, epa and sugar, you can get them below N500.

Beans is now very expense, akara is now 100/1, pap, adult size with sugar is N500.

Indomie is 700/1*2=1500
Egg one N200, forget pepper and tomato, you may add onion if u don’t mind😩

Bread and beans 700+500=1200 no meat

Plantain and yam? 😏

With this ur breakdown my heart grief. We're on a long thing...
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 6:58pm On Jun 21
YorubaAssasin:

Which one be fries?

No be akara, dundu & dodo be dis ni?

9ja and useless slave mentality sha. angry

Weren't they all fried? Rest!
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by TGreatGatsby: 6:59pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:
😂 This homegrown joke never gets old. We going to be home growing right into our bedrooms soon. 🤑

2 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 7:00pm On Jun 21
phorget:

How many have you farmed?
How do I build a refinery in my backyard please? I want to also start refining my own fuel.

grin🤣

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by imagrg(m): 7:00pm On Jun 21
Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by TemmyT002(m): 7:01pm On Jun 21
If curses work, we would be cursing APC right now
That party is an enemy of progress and happiness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:02pm On Jun 21
PulsingPurple:
You've forgotten Bread and Tea (+ butter and/or fried eggs)

Stuff used to cost me about 1k on average for my family of 4

Now the egg alone is more than 1k
Spending 3k on bread is a nightmare...

This cut my heart
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21
Menemonic:
single akara is 100 for my side...

If you eat like 10 pieces you need to drink two litters of water before you feel alright.. If not you rather not eaten at all..

OMG, this is sad

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by PUNANI01: 7:03pm On Jun 21
The country is gone! 😂 onye gbaa oso nne ya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bush Meat, Pythons Being Sold Along Kubwa Expressway Abuja (Photos) / Four Days Without Meat, God Blessed Me With Monitor Lizard Meat (Photos) / Check Out This N4.6million Naira Barbeque Fish (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.