Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,897 members, 7,915,621 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:01 AM

Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) (59661 Views)

Very Irritating Food Combos I Can Never Cook Or Accept From Any One / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? / 7 Suya Combos That You Must Try– African Cuisine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 9:26pm On Jun 21
A Doctor friend just told me that Kwarshiokor cases have increased in her hospital.

For a nation not at war... This is unheard of.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Menemonic: 9:39pm On Jun 21
Angelfrost:
A Doctor friend just told me that Kwarshiokor cases have increased in her hospital.

what really cause it... If na food abeg which type...

Explain please..
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by cardoctor(m): 9:56pm On Jun 21
Me na akara and fried yam I chop this morning and garri and coconut this evening and its not even on this list.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by YorubaAssasin: 10:06pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:

Weren't they all fried? Rest!

Dey hear dis werey... angry

You for call fried fish, egg and meat fries too na...

Wanting to appear cool. GTFO... Rubbish! angry
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 10:12pm On Jun 21
YorubaAssasin:

You're depressed and frustrated.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Offpointng: 10:23pm On Jun 21
samuelgodson:
Garri is not complete without fried fish ……..men things are really messed up bad

#500 used to get me bread, sardine and a drink
But now na 2k plus go buy me watin 5h dey buy before

I dey tell you. Big bread of #200 Titus 150 and Coke #100. #50 change go still remain
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Shikini: 10:24pm On Jun 21
Sad
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by grandstar(m): 10:34pm On Jun 21
Tokskob2008:
Nothing is cheap anymore cos the government doesn't want the masses to survive and very soon they and their supporters will come out to tell us about how nutritious lizard is instead of us complaining about the high cost of proteins grin

If you became bankrupt, and you choose to readjust, would the cut in spending not cause pain? A country is no different.
Tinubu met a totally empty treasury. Buhari had emptied the treasury by failing to reduce cost by refusing to stop fuel subsidies which consumed over 20% of government spending. He also refused to reduce the size of the bloated civil service but instead increased their wages.

He made matters worse by implementing a rigid and utterly useless exchange rate policy that not only brought the economy to its knees but was wracked with fraudulent practices of gargumtous proportions

Peter Obi can't do any better. His performance would be worse. Many of Tinubu's policies like the ending of the petrol subsidy and deregulation of the Naira are policies that he said he'll carry out.

These 2 policies are the prime reasons Nigerians are suffering today.

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
How could I have forgotten Beans and dodo? cheesy
hope you av long bread around there
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Melagros(m): 10:50pm On Jun 21
DevilsEqual:
Bread and Akara is cool but i stopped eating it when i realized it disappears from my stomach as quickly as possible, sometimes in less than 2hours.

Bread and Beans would still be the go-to-option for many men even if inflation hits 1000%, Its won our trust already

The pictures tho tongue
Bread and Akara plus tea, anytime I have it as my breakfast, let me tell you it can sustain me till evening
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by donmik: 10:51pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:

Hahahaha
I was telling someone the other day that to drink garri with its accompaniments nowadays, one would need at least ₦500.

Only as recent as 2020/21, with as little as ₦100, one could buy 2 packs of noodles and one large egg.

No be Buhari time o
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by samuelgodson(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21
Offpointng:

I dey tell you. Big bread of #200 Titus 150 and Coke #100. #50 change go still remain
like aje if I swear for this guys e go too catch dem…..before person chop u go first calculate like 20 times before you decide watin to chop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ishilove: 11:17pm On Jun 21
Stone03:

I wanted to take something light this morning and I sent my boy to get me akara and bread. Before I knew it almost 1k has gone. Akara worth of 300naira was no where to be found. The sizes are competing with the size of groundnuts. 300naira worth of bread squeezed like the size of buns immediately I touched it. A cup of shai (tea) that use to be 100naira is now 300naira.

Nothing is cheap in Nigeria this time.
We need a more reasonable government
300 bread is mostly air. Squeeze it small and it becomes as flat as pancake

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ishilove: 11:18pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
Noodles and eggs.
You forgot Bread and eggs, aka Risky Burger

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ishilove: 11:19pm On Jun 21
Angelfrost:

Are you for real?? This is incomprehensible
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ulogwe1: 11:27pm On Jun 21
Mariangeles:
How could I have forgotten Beans and dodo? cheesy

Stop na, y u post this kind of food na?

Am salivating already.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Ulogwe1: 11:28pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:
Prepare it aat the back of your compound or get a farmland to start farming

grin grin their slogan you mean?
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 11:59pm On Jun 21
Ishilove:

Are you for real?? This is incomprehensible

Kwarshiokor simply means the kids concerned are consuming way less proteins, due largely to the costs.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 12:00am On Jun 22
Menemonic:
what really cause it... If na food abeg which type...

Explain please..

Kwarshiokor simply points at exceptionally low consumption of proteins, which can lead to muscle wasting or low muscle growth especially in kids.

2 Likes

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by alphaNomega: 1:29am On Jun 22
gasparpisciotta:
The only cheap option in the pictures is garri, epa and sugar, you can get them below N500.

Beans is now very expense, akara is now 100/1, pap, adult size with sugar is N500.

Indomie is 700/1*2=1500
Egg one N200, forget pepper and tomato, you may add onion if u don’t mind😩

Bread and beans 700+500=1200 no meat

Plantain and yam? 😏
below N500?! shocked shocked shocked

not even N50... N500?!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

chei, our economy is dead. it is obvious that whatever we are doing as a country is not in our favour. we need to get thing right

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by EmekaBlue(m): 1:58am On Jun 22
I want to learn how to like food and start eating healthy
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Chetas81(m): 4:14am On Jun 22
ASSOCIATION OF DEVIL'S CALLED ASSOCIATION OF MARKET WOMEN,ARE THE ONE KILLING NIGERIAN WITH HIGHER PRICES
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by nairamaniac: 5:58am On Jun 22
Mariangeles:

Hahahaha
I was telling someone the other day that to drink garri with its accompaniments nowadays, one would need at least ₦500.

Only as recent as 2020/21, with as little as ₦100, one could buy 2 packs of noodles and one large egg.
Did u mean 1hundred naira?

You mean just 4 years ago, 2 noodles was 1hundred naira?
With Large egg?
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by nairamaniac: 6:13am On Jun 22
YorubaAssasin:

Please can you drop ONE WORD the OP would have used to group all those foods he called FRIES?

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by viodemus: 6:45am On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:
Bread and Akara is cool but i stopped eating it when i realized it disappears from my stomach as quickly as possible, sometimes in less than 2hours.

Bread and Beans would still be the go-to-option for many men even if inflation hits 1000%, Its won our trust already

The pictures tho tongue

nice 1. But akara and beans na still d same protein. Choice things.
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by samuel1981(m): 6:59am On Jun 22
APC has really destroyed this country beyond redemption, I wonder how a sane person will still be supporting this people, I just wonder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 7:52am On Jun 22
nairamaniac:

Did u mean 1hundred naira?

You mean just 4 years ago, 2 noodles was 1hundred naira?
With Large egg?

I meant one small pack of noodles was sold for ₦30 then, while one large egg went for ₦40, so with ₦100, you could buy 2packs of noodles.

samuel1981:
APC has really destroyed this country beyond redemption, I wonder how a sane person will still be supporting this people, I just wonder.

I'm telling you!
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Emmacomely2020: 7:56am On Jun 22
i concur

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by bluefilm: 8:05am On Jun 22
PinkNature:
What are you talking about?

This government is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria.

Let's keep teaching Peter Obi a bitter lesson. God bless APC and the millions of hungry Nigerians that voted them in.

Pitaobi is still at chapter two in the lesson book

I heard that the entire lesson book has fifty chapters

Which means the journey still far oo
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by sylve11: 8:53am On Jun 22
Menemonic:
single akara is 100 for my side...

If you eat like 10 pieces you need to drink two litters of water before you feel alright.. If not you rather not eaten at all..

grin cool

1 Like

Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by Calitoscassius(m): 9:29am On Jun 22
hedonido:

Animal. Did you say this during Jonathan's time? Would you be saying this if Peter Obi was the president? Because it is your tribal mgbaati god that is the president then you will dig into lowly depths to find escape routes and excuses.

You disgusting creatures would get a full dose of what's coming to you. Surely. And it would go round. Ifr the 'sane' ones among you cannot isolate and weed you provocative and anti people vermins out, then all of you, including the supposedly 'sane' ones, would enjoy same fate when the day of reckoning comes. And it must come.
Who da fork is this one? Did i fork your mother or something? undecided
Re: Food Combos That Used To Be Considered very Cheap Meals. (pictures) by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:39am On Jun 22
Sandralight:
God we used to be a country.
I remember when I was in school and whenever I am broke I will buy Akara 300 and bread and it will last me a whole day but look at the country now.

The simplest food is now a luxury, salary remains the same while food, rent and everything have skyrocketed.
I cannot even save this period 😭
God will help us 😔😔
God will do no such thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fisherman Caught A Manatee In Akassa, Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.