Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,651 members, 7,930,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:26 PM

What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? (16754 Views)

That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally / I Can't Speak My Native Language. Is It A Crime? / I Am Happy & In Love: But I Have To Break Up With Her! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Sewenstical1981(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17
I prefer speaking hausa,but is hard to speak
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Augustine2244(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17
Lol! My case is somehow ooo!
I can read and understand French, Spanish and Portuguese languages but can't speak them.

1 Like

Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Segzy19: 8:47pm On Aug 17
Zulu and French
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by samijet: 8:49pm On Aug 17
Ishilove:
Ondo Yoruba dialect. So lyrical and pleasant to the ears.

Same here, also Ilorin Yoruba makes me laugh
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Salowise: 8:50pm On Aug 17
Zee0007:
Many of us have that one language we see people speak and we can't, but we love the language.

What is that language?
Hausa, French, Spanish and English
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Ayo25: 8:55pm On Aug 17
Speaking in Tongues kwa grin
toluleke:
Hausa and speaking in tongues shocked
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Alexiiydon: 8:59pm On Aug 17
Leemzyy:
I am hausa/fulani but i will really love to speak igbo,biko who will come and teach his baby darlinggrin
are you sure you’re okay
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by kiddkash(m): 9:00pm On Aug 17
Russian
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Leemzyy(f): 9:01pm On Aug 17
Biko who will teach me french?france dey show me shege

1 Like

Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Inspirer1: 9:05pm On Aug 17
Hausa language
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by uuzba(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17
He-Glish!
Ha can't speak He-glish
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by uuzba(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17
kiddkash:
Russian

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_IlIbDu1Xyo?feature=share

Video about Russian accent when speaking English.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by seanwilliam(m): 9:16pm On Aug 17
Foreign language : mandarin
Local : Hausa
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by phemray(m): 9:17pm On Aug 17
French
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Abuloma80(f): 9:21pm On Aug 17
I wish l could speak YORUBA and IGBO but sad enough l can only speak my mother's tongue which is FULFULDE (FULANI) and HAUSA fluently. But l guess it's still not too late to learn the two languages (Yoruba and IGBO).
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by masqot(m): 9:22pm On Aug 17
Spanish
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Tallesty1(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17
Python
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Alexiiydon: 9:29pm On Aug 17
Love language
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by lakesider2006(m): 9:42pm On Aug 17
Spanish and Hausa with French
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by amigo1088: 9:50pm On Aug 17
Mariangeles:

As long as your Hausa is fluent.

I am 100% fluent.

When can we start?
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by ebchuks(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17
Hausa
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by LAZAREY: 10:02pm On Aug 17
Fulfude
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Perseverance127: 10:09pm On Aug 17
Abuloma80:
I wish l could speak YORUBA and IGBO but sad enough l can only speak my mother's tongue which is FULFULDE (FULANI) and HAUSA fluently. But l guess it's still not too late to learn the two languages (Yoruba and IGBO).
you must be a Damsel
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by BABANGBALI: 10:12pm On Aug 17
If you can speak good English and with forain highcent, chances of you getting a job in Abuja are always hi.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Leemzyy(f): 10:13pm On Aug 17
BABANGBALI:
If you can speak good English and with forain highcent, chances of you getting a job in Abuja are always hi.
Do u mean foreign accent?
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by stanluiz(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17
Russian and German.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by BABANGBALI: 10:16pm On Aug 17
Leemzyy:
Do u mean foreign accent?
I meant what I wroted. Moreover, boat of them are correct. One is British English, while the other one is American English. I chose to use the American English which is my mother tongue. Stop disturbing me unnecessary. If you wan cum, cum, biko
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Konquest: 10:20pm On Aug 17
Zee0007:
Many of us have that one language we see people speak and we can't, but we love the language.

What is that language?
Spanish, Portuguese. But in the meantime a good language translation device comes in handy when I'm traveling internationally.

There are also regional variants of Spanish in Latin American countries such as Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, etc.

Learning French though would enable you to easily transit into learning Spanish and Portuguese because of the near similarities in words.

I find it interesting after silently scanning through a significant number of pages on this thread that Hausa and Spanish keep popping up here. Indeed Hausa is easy to learn and doesn't need diacritical marks to understand.
I have mad love for folks who speak fluent Yoruba without mixing it with English. The Godfather and 1986 Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka speaks Yoruba very well without mixing with one drop of English and he's very fluent with great diction in speaking English and French.

Another urbane gentleman I've seen who speaks Yoruba fluently without code-switching or mixing Yoruba with random English is the former Commissioner for Information under the Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode government who speaks very good English with a great diction, and he can give a fluent extempore speech in the Yoruba language for 10 minutes or more without mixing with even one word of English.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Five Children Burnt To Death In Abuja / Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally / Funny Nigerian Divorce cases

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.