Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,633 members, 7,930,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:12 AM

What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? (16750 Views)

That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally / I Can't Speak My Native Language. Is It A Crime? / I Am Happy & In Love: But I Have To Break Up With Her! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Konquest: 10:37pm On Aug 17
Zee0007:
Many of us have that one language we see people speak and we can't, but we love the language.

What is that language?
Spanish, Portuguese. But in the meantime a good language translation device comes in handy when I'm traveling internationally.

There are also regional variants of Spanish in Latin American countries such as Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, etc.

Learning French though would enable you to easily transit into learning Spanish and Portuguese because of the near similarities in words.

I find it interesting (after silently scanning through a significant number of pages on this thread) that Hausa and Spanish keep popping up here. Indeed Hausa is easy to learn and doesn't need diacritical marks to understand.
I have mad love for folks who speak fluent Yoruba without mixing it with English. The Godfather and 1986 Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka speaks Yoruba very well without mixing with one drop of English and he's very fluent with great diction in speaking English and French.

Another urbane gentleman I've seen who speaks Yoruba fluently without code-switching or mixing Yoruba with random English is Steve Ayorinde, a former Editor of The PUNCH newspaper, the former Commissioner for Information & Strategy and later Tourism, Arts and Culture of Lagos State under the Governor Akinwunmi Ambode government who speaks very fluent English with a great diction, and he can give a fluent extempore speech in the Yoruba language for 10 minutes or more without mixing with even one word of English.

I'm glad to be a multilinguist though.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by samonak(m): 10:49pm On Aug 17
Spanish
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by JobAndVacancies: 10:50pm On Aug 17
Mariangeles:

Also, fluent Spanish because I find the language fascinating.
your moniker sounds Spanish though.
The "g" in angel is actually pronounced as as "geh" and not "J"
I once dated an Hispanic though
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by extremelygolden: 11:01pm On Aug 17
Zee0007:
Many of us have that one language we see people speak and we can't, but we love the language.

What is that language?

Hausa and French.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Kagarko(m): 11:13pm On Aug 17
Arabic Language

الغة العربية

1 Like

Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Sluacoast(m): 11:26pm On Aug 17
So many of them but I promise myself I will let my future kid's learn multiply language
They'll travel to foreign land and spend time there
Well
. I'd love to speak the French language, Hausa and the native Togo language. I'm Nigeria by the way
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by maryscotland: 11:28pm On Aug 17
Spanish
olamilekan9:
spanish. still learning it small small
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by youngest85(m): 11:36pm On Aug 17
Mariangeles:
Hausa.
I'd love to learn it so that I can be full blooded wazobia. cheesy

I can teach you Hausa for free if you have time
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by youngest85(m): 11:37pm On Aug 17
ogub:
Yoruba
I can teach you Yoruba for free if you have time
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by godofuck231: 11:55pm On Aug 17
Icelandic
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:49am On Aug 18
Lingala

2 Likes

Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by nony43(m): 1:45am On Aug 18
Leemzyy:
biko good boy,u go teach me?grin grin

I go teach you .
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by RightChanneI: 3:03am On Aug 18
JuanDeDios:

Lol. You know who to meet for this one. No say na me direct you o.

cheesy

I go tell him say na u direct me
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Juliearth(f): 3:12am On Aug 18
Mariangeles:
Hausa.
I'd love to learn it so that I can be full blooded wazobia. cheesy

If you are fluent in speaking Yoruba, I could teach you Hausa in exchange for learning Yoruba.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by ObalendeCMS: 4:16am On Aug 18
Bini & maybe Hausa.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Leemzyy(f): 5:52am On Aug 18
nony43:

I go teach you .
Ngwanu grin grin
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Leemzyy(f): 6:23am On Aug 18
BABANGBALI:
I meant what I wroted. Moreover, boat of them are correct. One is British English, while the other one is American English. I chose to use the American English which is my mother tongue. Stop disturbing me unnecessary. If you wan cum, cum, biko
Waka,ozour!shioor
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by olurotimi(m): 7:36am On Aug 18
Arabic & Spanish

1 Like

Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Annahh(f): 7:43am On Aug 18
Spanish.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Normally3D: 8:02am On Aug 18
French, Tri, Yoruba, Spanish and finally Uk pigin English.

Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Unheardyearning: 8:10am On Aug 18
Zee0007:

What is that language?
I would love to speak Indian language
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Ishilove: 9:32am On Aug 18
samijet:

Same here, also Ilorin Yoruba makes me laugh
I've never heard Ilorin Yoruba dialect. I've been to Ilorin just once, so I'm not familiar with it
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Exceed15: 10:18am On Aug 18
I can speak 3 Nigerian languages. What I want to learn is French
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:39am On Aug 18
CorrectionFLuid:
None.

I'm enough.

You’re never enough
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by CorrectionFLuid: 10:52am On Aug 18
AmericanIdiot:

You’re never enough

Sharap.
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Advancedman(m): 10:54am On Aug 18
Zee0007:

What is that language?

WAZOBIA
PORTUGUESE
LATIN
FRENCH
DUTCH
GERMAN
FRENCH
AFRICAN
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by BABANGBALI: 10:58am On Aug 18
Leemzyy:
Waka,ozour!shioor
my love dey shack you. You just dey give me pet names anyhow. Nagode
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by deltaF0SS: 11:05am On Aug 18
Money, but I'm gon learn
It's a universal language, devoid of stress as our Lingua Franca is English
Re: What's That Language You Love But Can't Speak? by Mariangeles(f): 11:21am On Aug 18
youngest85:

I can teach you Hausa for free if you have time

Thanks.

At least, I know what abinci means. 😀

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Five Children Burnt To Death In Abuja / Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally / Funny Nigerian Divorce cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.