Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,366 members, 7,920,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:04 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (214028 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
@newacca
Bro tnx alot u av just doused my tension I appreciate, how long does it take for CDHC to respond to emails and considering my start date march 5th what are my chances of getting a new date? Pls. urgent response is needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bullstriker: 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
@gbenga8301
i thought study permit is given at the port of entry.Cdhc issues ONLY TRV and gives a document which u would need to present at the port of entry with yr admission letter before study permit can be issued.And,if i am not mistaken,on that document cdhc states the date on which u must enter canada,after that date,it becomes invalid.
if I am correct,then u need not only new admission letter but a new letter from cdhc.unless of course,the date stated is yet to expired.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
I've got an advice for everyone with pending application with CDHC. Once you have completed your application forms and added complementing documents please try to submit at the VAC (Visa Application Centre). I support submission at the VAC because of the all-week access and ability to get information more readily. For those who have submitted more than 3 weeks, I suggest you make calls and also track your application. I submitted on March 20 and my Medical instruction was dated April 5. Yea, that fast! Unfortunately, I got to know 20 days after! In addition, I was given some conditions to fulfill by CDHC which i needed to meet before 30days! Hence, my advice. Submit at VAC for easy correspondence and start following up once your application is more than 2 weeks old. For medicals, remember you'll need about 5 passport photographs and like 28,000 naira. So, be prepared. Wish us all the best! My additional info was payment of all tuition upfront and letter from employer for PgD. Hope it helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
Noswaa: @all,my new sponsor happen to be my cousin and employer and he is really mean to finance my studies,please what do you think i can use to back it up.He have a good money in his account and promised to finance me to any length.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
bamshy: I've got an advice for everyone with pending application with CDHC. Once you have completed your application forms and added complementing documents please try to submit at the VAC (Visa Application Centre). I support submission at the VAC because of the all-week access and ability to get information more readily. For those who have submitted more than 3 weeks, I suggest you make calls and also track your application. I submitted on March 20 and my Medical instruction was dated April 5. Yea, that fast! Unfortunately, I got to know 20 days after! In addition, I was given some conditions to fulfill by CDHC which i needed to meet before 30days! Hence, my advice. Submit at VAC for easy correspondence and start following up once your application is more than 2 weeks old. For medicals, remember you'll need about 5 passport photographs and like 28,000 naira. So, be prepared. Wish us all the best! My additional info was payment of all tuition upfront and letter from employer for PgD. Hope it helps.

@bamshy,do you use employer as your sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2012
Noswaa:

@bamshy,do you use employer as your sponsor

No Noswaa. I did not. But, I claimed I am still in employment and submitted same letter when i submitted my application. But, I guess they wanna confirm if I am still truly in employment and have asked again that i re-submit same letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
bamshy:

No Noswaa. I did not. But, I claimed I am still in employment and submitted same letter when i submitted my application. But, I guess they wanna confirm if I am still truly in employment and have asked again that i re-submit same letter.

do u sponsor yourself or your parent,my cousin is also my employer and he is the one to sponsor me but i dont know what i can use to back it up
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
Noswaa:

do u sponsor yourself or your parent,my cousin is also my employer and he is the one to sponsor me but i dont know what i can use to back it up

Self.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
@all,my new sponsor happen to be my cousin and employer and he is really mean to finance my studies,please what do you think i can use to back it up.He have a good money in his account and promised to finance me to any length.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
bamshy: I've got an advice for everyone with pending application with CDHC. Once you have completed your application forms and added complementing documents please try to submit at the VAC (Visa Application Centre). I support submission at the VAC because of the all-week access and ability to get information more readily. For those who have submitted more than 3 weeks, I suggest you make calls and also track your application. I submitted on March 20 and my Medical instruction was dated April 5. Yea, that fast! Unfortunately, I got to know 20 days after! In addition, I was given some conditions to fulfill by CDHC which i needed to meet before 30days! Hence, my advice. Submit at VAC for easy correspondence and start following up once your application is more than 2 weeks old. For medicals, remember you'll need about 5 passport photographs and like 28,000 naira. So, be prepared. Wish us all the best! My additional info was payment of all tuition upfront and letter from employer for PgD. Hope it helps.

This is interesting. How were you reached. Mail, the portal or you called them?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
bumdish:

This is interesting. How were you reached. Mail, the portal or you called them?

Mail. 5 days after the date on my letters but couldn't access my mail until 10 days after. The portal was also updated.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
@bamshy Congrats! Kindly list the documents you used grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
Sir P!:
@bamshy Congrats! Kindly list the documents you used grin

Filled forms (Questionnaire, family info, e.t.c)
6 months statement of accounts
Land documents and receipts
Representative's (Agent) cover letter
Letters from fund managers and statements of accounts including CSCS
Admission letter from College stating total living expenses plus tuition fees
Statement of purpose letter
Letter from employer stating annual income and employment date
Payslips for the past three months.
My credentials and professional certificates
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
shavel: how much was in the account u used to apply for study permit before u were refused?

Hard luck! Please try again!Which University? My brother is having problem getting a university. The first thing is to get a project supervisor but no one replies him. He did Biochemistry and wants to a Laboratory-related major for Msc. Please help us.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2012

Please try again!Which University? My brother is having problem getting a university. The first thing is to get a project supervisor but no one replies him. He did Biochemistry and wants to a Laboratory-related major for Msc. Please help us.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
Manweysabi: @earthgreeners, i thought i've attempted to answer ur question with regards to payment of application fee in one thread 'going for Msc. Program in Canada'. The easiest and d fastest to me is Zenith bank 'BUXZ card'- its a visa card. Just walk to any of there branches and request for 'Buxz card'. Tell them what u want to use it for... They'll tell u how to use it. Sharp sharp, u'll get ur card that day! All d best!

Please try again!Which University? My brother is having problem getting a university. The first thing is to get a project supervisor but no one replies him. He did Biochemistry and wants to a Laboratory-related major for Msc. Please help us.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
rubenic:
i also applied but still yet to hear from them (CGPA 4.01/5.00)... I think notarized transcript has nothing to do with admission decision. Ones ability to secure a supervisor has a major role to play in most research based MSc. If i may ask, what programme were u taken for?

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
Obamacare: Paschal can we hook up? My email is kehindegbadamasi@yahoo.com. If I have yours, I only have a few questions to ask by mail.

Which school? How much? Any grants?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
Noswaa: @all,my new sponsor happen to be my cousin and employer and he is really mean to finance my studies,please what do you think i can use to back it up.He have a good money in his account and promised to finance me to any length.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nimakor: 12:20am On Apr 25, 2012
Manweysabi: @Felipe-a, i did send two academic references. I sent my original transcript and certified copies of other docx... All d supervisors i'd contacted so far, no response 4rm them, xcept one prof. dat replied me that he was on sabatical leave... I mailed one Elizabeth concerning getting a supervisor, she told me that once d faculty go through my Transcript, they will pass it round to interested lecturers concerned on ur choosen field of research... and might be Allocated a Supervisor b4 decision wil be made. In my own case, 9 days after sending my dox, they sent a mail and a scanned copy of my Offer Letter. Mail ur dept, Sgs.Just pray, God is in control!

Sop man. am kinda new here. desperately looking for some information. am screening three schools for MSc program application. having trouble with getting a supervisor.i got confused going through your comments. do i have to send my docs before requesting for a supervisor.cos all i c is get and confirm a supervisor and your application will be activated. looking forward to your feedback.thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nimakor: 12:45am On Apr 25, 2012
Manweysabi: @seir406, i registered online and sent my application fee ($80 via zennith bank Buxz card) on d first week of march and i sent my university transcript along with a certified copy of my Bsc certificate on 11th dis month. It got to the school on 14th and was offered admission on the 18th. What is ur brother's CGPA? What and what did he submit as supporting documents to the school? I am going 4 Masters!

Hi,is ur MSc research based. am finding hard to secure a supervisor. have written to three in University of NewfoundLand also to a couple in Manitoba and Saskatchewan but no replies.hw do i go abt it? thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2012
@all,my new sponsor happen to be my cousin and employer and he is really mean to finance my studies,please what do you think i can use to back it up.He have a good money in his account and promised to finance me to any length.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2012
bamshy:

Filled forms (Questionnaire, family info, e.t.c)
6 months statement of accounts
Land documents and receipts
Representative's (Agent) cover letter
Letters from fund managers and statements of accounts including CSCS
Admission letter from College stating total living expenses plus tuition fees
Statement of purpose letter
Letter from employer stating annual income and employment date
Payslips for the past three months.
My credentials and professional certificates
how much was in ur account before printing the statement?,,,,,,,, ȋ̝̊̅§ 7m good enuf for an account to sponsor an undergraduate student?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmmy: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
shavel:
how much was in ur account before printing the statement?,,,,,,,, ȋ̝̊̅§ 7m good enuf for an account to sponsor an undergraduate student?

That is not bad at all . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
Fhemmmmy:

That is not bad at all . . .
thank u sir!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
@phemmmy,am running mad now,my sponsor have upto 100 million as at one week a go,because is a big company but on printing the statement today,it left only about a million,he was telling me that he used it to buy goods oversea that it doesnt matter,that the embassy is more about the flow of cash and the six months statement is about 30 pages,please what can i do
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
Noswaa: @phemmmy,am running mad now,my sponsor have upto 100 million as at one week a go,because is a big company but on printing the statement today,it left only about a million,he was telling me that he used it to buy goods oversea that it doesnt matter,that the embassy is more about the flow of cash and the six months statement is about 30 pages,please what can i do

On this one, your sponsor is correct. A friend of mine who is now studying in Canada had only 2M balance in his statement printout at the time of application. He self sponsored but he had a wonderful transaction history. what they are interested in is your sponsors financial capability and his willingness to release funds to you when required. A/C balance is a pointer to all these but the a/c history definitely tells much more. The History shows the financial behaviour (Income sources, Expense avenues, Income cycles, Expense cycles, a/c turnover, transaction counts, transaction types, etc). You would see that the balance is just one of the far more many other things they are interested in. So in my opinion, you should bother about the history , not the balance.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
bumdish:

On this one, your sponsor is correct. A friend of mine who is now studying in Canada had only 2M balance in his statement printout at the time of application. He self sponsored but he had a wonderful transaction history. what they are interested in is your sponsors financial capability and his willingness to release funds to you when required. A/C balance is a pointer to all these but the a/c history definitely tells much more. The History shows the financial behaviour (Income sources, Expense avenues, Income cycles, Expense cycles, a/c turnover, transaction counts, transaction types, etc). You would see that the balance is just one of the far more many other things they are interested in. So in my opinion, you should bother about the history , not the balance.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2012
Noswaa: Thank you
Let me also add that the statement would be generated as at a particular date and that date could be a date in the past, the closing balance should reflect the balance as at the date specified (it depends on the bank though, you can always inquiry from the bank). Meaning you can still have the 100M has the closing balance. At least that would give your soul some peace while you await your TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
bumdish:
Let me also add that the statement would be generated as at a particular date and that date could be a date in the past, the closing balance should reflect the balance as at the date specified (it depends on the bank though, you can always inquiry from the bank). Meaning you can still have the 100M has the closing balance. At least that would give your soul some peace while you await your TRV.
the closing balance matters, u can simply get Your acct statement with a closing balance of 100m by asking ur bank to print 6 months back starting from last week..............hope dis helps!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
Noswaa: @phemmmy,am running mad now,my sponsor have upto 100 million as at one week a go,because is a big company but on printing the statement today,it left only about a million,he was telling me that he used it to buy goods oversea that it doesnt matter,that the embassy is more about the flow of cash and the six months statement is about 30 pages,please what can i do

Your sponsor is really credible, and please dont quote me, i think should be nice, cos it is not only about how much is sitting iin the account, but how money is going out and coming it . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
shavel: the closing balance matters, u can simply get u̶̲̥̅̊r acct statement with a closing balance of 100m by asking ur bank to print 6 months back starting from last week..............hope dis helps!

That is true too

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.