Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,299 members, 7,981,607 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 09:05 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (832861 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2013
adaobi123:
Find a job in sainsburys or tesco's tongue

Dear, tried those and they keep turning me down.... Went for interview in one saunsburys in Farlington, Portsmouth and they replied with.... I have not been lucky to get an interview with Tesco though and I hope I will soon. Taken up a volunteer gardening role to boost my chances as they once told me in McDonalds... I have been wondering what the problem could be
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 31, 2013
peteafrik88:

Dear, tried those and they keep turning me down.... Went for interview in one saunsburys in Farlington, Portsmouth and they replied with.... I have not been lucky to get an interview with Tesco though and I hope I will soon. Taken up a volunteer gardening role to boost my chances as they once told me in McDonalds... I have been wondering what the problem could be
I get rejected from jobs too, just keep on trying, don't worry.
The volunteering job is good, its good to have on a CV

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 11:16am On Apr 01, 2013
adaobi123:
I get rejected from jobs too, just keep on trying, don't worry.
The volunteering job is good, its good to have on a CV

Thanx. Do you work there ATM
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 01, 2013
peteafrik88:

Thanx. Do you work there ATM
No I don't work atm. College things
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
adaobi123:
No I don't work atm. College things

Oh well...student loan money..you don't need a job.. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2013
justwise:

Oh well...student loan money..you don't need a job.. grin
lol I probably will need a job, everyone can't survive on student loan alone tongue
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
adaobi123:
lol I probably will need a job, everyone can't survive on student loan alone tongue

A lot do, many go binge drinking with it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
justwise: [/b]

A lot do, many go binge drinking with it.
lol, well thank God I don't drink tongue
So I may just survive
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
adaobi123:
lol, well thank God I don't drink tongue
So I may just survive

Oh well...you are alright then grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
justwise:

Oh well...you are alright then grin grin
yup tongue
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by dannywest: 7:42am On Apr 02, 2013
Happy Easter everyone, this DST stuff has disoriented me, woke up 1 hr early today, had no idea it applies to UK too.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:26am On Apr 02, 2013
dannywest: Happy Easter everyone, this DST stuff has disoriented me, woke up 1 hr early today, had no idea it applies to UK too.

Same to me ooo... Almost went late for my class tongue
dannywest: Happy Easter everyone, this DST stuff has disoriented me, woke up 1 hr early today, had no idea it applies to UK too.

Same to me ooo... Almost went late for my class
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
This weather sef... I haff tire ooo... Wen we go begin change our clothes And I am scarred that there may nt b summer this year... :oThis weather sef... I haff tire ooo... Wen we go begin change our clothes And I am scarred that there may nt b summer this year...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
peteafrik88: This weather sef... I haff tire ooo... Wen we go begin change our clothes And I am scarred that there may nt b summer this year... :oThis weather sef... I haff tire ooo... Wen we go begin change our clothes And I am scarred that there may nt b summer this year...
When the summer comes you'll start complaining tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by FutureDon(m): 5:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
peteafrik88: This weather sef... I haff tire ooo...

You got tired of your heavy jackets abi, hehehe grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worldnews: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dear Justwise....please advice me... I am going for 1month course in London this June and I have paid full tuition fee for the course and a 1month accomodation BUT I am using my Aunty's bank statement and she has just 900k in the account and more than 28days in the account... Whats ur view and advice about this? Please advice?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
worldnews: Dear Justwise....please advice me... I am going for 1month course in London this June and I have paid full tuition fee for the course and a 1month accomodation BUT I am using my Aunty's bank statement and she has just 900k in the account and more than 28days in the account... Whats ur view and advice about this? Please advice?

Pay the money into your account
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worldnews: 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
justwise:

Pay the money into your account

Thank you justwise for ur reply.... But if I transfer it to my account on monday, it must take another 28days before I apply for the visa and again, am a student and NOT working....hope this will not be a problem?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
worldnews:

Thank you justwise for ur reply.... But if I transfer it to my account on monday, it must take another 28days before I apply for the visa and again, am a student and NOT working....hope this will not be a problem?

You still have time since your course starts June
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worldnews: 8:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
justwise:

You still have time since your course starts June

Pls bros...pardon me for too much questions: okay I agree since it will take 3weeks to process and am applying for STUDENT VISITOR VISA which is pretty easy... But my question is this, if I transfer the funds to my account and am NOT working, hope this will not affect my application?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
adaobi123:
When the summer comes you'll start complaining tongue grin

How can I,when I have lived all my life in a summer like climate.... Abegi, I cant wait any longer
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
FutureDon:

You got tired of your heavy jackets abi, hehehe grin

My shouldas are kinda getting bigger nw from wearing em...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
worldnews:

Pls bros...pardon me for too much questions: okay I agree since it will take 3weeks to process and am applying for STUDENT VISITOR VISA which is pretty easy... But my question is this, if I transfer the funds to my account and am NOT working, hope this will not affect my application?

Capital NOPE...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
peteafrik88:

How can I,when I have lived all my life in a summer like climate.... Abegi, I cant wait any longer
grin grin true but dont say i didnt warn you tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worldnews: 11:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
peteafrik88:

Capital NOPE...

Bless.....
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worldnews: 6:09am On Apr 09, 2013
Dear JUSTWISE, please this are list of documents I will be submitting....if I need to include more docs, PLEASE kindly let me know...:

1. MY BANK STATEMENT (900K)

2. ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM THE ACADEMY

3. RECEIPT OF FULL PAYMENT FOR THE COURSE

4. RECEIPT OF 1month PAID ACCOMMODATION (since its just 1month course)

5. INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT (Expires in 2017)

6. MY NECO RESULT

7. BIRTH CERTIFICATE

8. LOCAL GOVERNMENT ORIGIN CERTIFICATE

9. VISA APPLICATION FORM.....

PLEASE KINDLY LET ME KNOW IF I NEED TO INCLUDE ANY OTHER DOCS.....PLEASE!!!! Thanks.....
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 11:10am On Apr 09, 2013
worldnews

there are several threads in the travel section dealing with uk visits and student applications...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worldnews: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2013
Dis Guy: worldnews

there are several threads in the travel section dealing with uk visits and student applications...

Oops!! Poor me...I didn't even check the "threads name" since all this while. I thought I am on the student visa thread. I'm so sorry!!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fiscalcliff: 7:31am On Apr 10, 2013
Morning thread contributors who spit insight by their replies,
1]What is the maximum amount per transaction from a British ATM [In Nigeria its 20-40k depending on the bank]?
What is the total daily transaction I can take from a British ATM [In Nigeria its 150k]?

2]Also how long can a return ticket stay valid for?
Most airline/travel agents websites grey off their calendars after about 6 months and I should be in the UK for about 16 months
Is it worth it, buying a return ticket or should I just settle for one way straight up?

Thanks for the replies
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 8:24am On Apr 10, 2013
worldnews: Dear JUSTWISE, please this are list of documents I will be submitting....if I need to include more docs, PLEASE kindly let me know...:

1. MY BANK STATEMENT (900K)

2. ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM THE ACADEMY

3. RECEIPT OF FULL PAYMENT FOR THE COURSE

4. RECEIPT OF 1month PAID ACCOMMODATION (since its just 1month course)

5. INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT (Expires in 2017)

6. MY NECO RESULT

7. BIRTH CERTIFICATE

8. LOCAL GOVERNMENT ORIGIN CERTIFICATE

9. VISA APPLICATION FORM.....

PLEASE KINDLY LET ME KNOW IF I NEED TO INCLUDE ANY OTHER DOCS.....PLEASE!!!! Thanks.....

Your list is ok but use this for guidance http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/visitors.pdf
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worldnews: 8:48am On Apr 10, 2013
justwise:

Your list is ok but use this for guidance http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/visitors.pdf

thank you!!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worldnews: 9:12am On Apr 10, 2013
justwise:

Infact, this is so helpful.... thank you so much. I'm 100% sure of what and what to submit now....thanks a million!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (214) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.