Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,184 members, 7,973,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:59 PM

NBA. . . Represent Your Team - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA. . . Represent Your Team (22814 Views)

2015/2016 BPL Fixtures Is Out. Check Your Team / Victor Moses Featured In Galaxy 11 Team To Represent Earth With Ronaldo & Messi / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by dayokanu(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
OKC needs to fix their starting

They always start very slow

There is no reason for you to be trailing 18-2 in the opening quarter this is a freaking final Jeez!!!!

Needs to be said that Shane Battier knocked down some monstrous 3 pointers
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by mbaemeka(m): 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
MIAMI...my breath of fresh air. LBJ has to do better in the fourth quarter though...6 points aint good enough. Good we closed down on Durrant for most of the game. We couldnt afford him the luxury of making jump shots like they were dunks. I see it end by game six. Its Miamis year. KD should wait for next year. Let Lebron that has craved it so much get it.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Royal-VII:
LBJ is getting the chip this year...All the Lame haters need to fall back

Especially the corny dude who said kobe defence was better than Lebrons lmfao

Whas this fool name...A30? or somethin?..Some garbage screen name like that...

Kid don't know a damn thing about basketball..Stick to soccer like seriously.

Heat in 6.

WestBrook already losin his Mind Lmfao
Lol the quintessential phool finally shows up after Miami wins one game. So how has LeBron's defence been on K.D Trey Dude is only averaging about 34 pts per game and about 18 in the 4th quarter!! He scored a little under 20 pts in the 4th quarter with 5 fouls!! If that doesnt tell you how average LeBron is as a defender nothing else will!! Kick rocks. You are too mentally challenged to break bread with me
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
grin

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2012
loooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllll@reality u go kill meeee with laugh ooo
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 17, 2012
Roland17: loooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllll@reality u go kill meeee with laugh ooo

grin grin grin Are you ready for Game 3?

@Olympic, I wonder why Ronda is not on the team. I can't wait to see Team USA smiley we got this for sure
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 17, 2012
You wan try this SWAT Team grin

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 3:50am On Jun 17, 2012
REALITY101:

grin grin grin Are you ready for Game 3?

@Olympic, I wonder why Ronda is not on the team. I can't wait to see Team USA smiley we got this for sure

Am looking forward to game 3, I expect thunders to pick one game or both... and i looked at that team yesterday too and all i could mutter was My Godddddddddddddd
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Mynd44: 7:32am On Jun 17, 2012
It is a kinda fun watching the finals without pressure. Anyone who wins gets my congratulations. I don't have to have high blood pressure
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2012
where is the blue poster that promised that lebron would shutdown durant,who blasphemed that lebron was a better defender than MJ? more versatile defender doesnt automatically mean better defender.well i am not surprised cos i think poster n lebron must b pals,after all he is ROYAL and lebron is the......QUEEN! cheesy
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2012
royal u have got to school yourself first.i am not a lebron hater cos i believe he is d best player in d league right now(he is got everything minus clutchness).
but to attempt to denigrate jordan and say lebron is a better defender? c'mon! defending is more than one on one marking and closing down lanes...it also involves steals,rebounds,blocks e.t.c. a few points

1)Jordan was a 9 time NBA all defensive 1st team including SIX times in his first 9years,Lebron has made d all defensive 1st team just 4 times in his 9years in the league

2)MJ was NBA defensive player of the year in his 4th year in the league,Lebron yet to win a defensive player of the year award in his 9th season!

3)MJ a shooting guard in an era with big bruising centers averaged abt 6.20 rebounds per game while LBJ a forward at least 2 inches taller and so much bigger is averaging just abt 7.20 in this center depleted era.

4)MJ averaged abt 2.35 steals per game while Lebron is averaging about 1.7. PLUS Jordan was 3 times steals champion!

5)6foot 6 MJ averaged 0.83 blocks per game,6foot 8 LBJ is averaging 0.8

LBJ is a more versatile defender than Jordan,ok but that doesn't make him a better defender.Lebron is a more versatile defender than Hakeem,Bill Russell and Kareem....doesn't make him a BETTER defender than those greats.
P.S MJ with his quick feet and quicker hands was great at one v one defending and closing down lanes
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
all u have said with your epistle is that Pippen was a better defender than Jordan,no sane man would debate that.Scottie's defending especially perimeter was almost spiritual! thats why i would say its almost sacrilegious for you to now try to be comparing lebron's defending to Scottie's.
in an era where there r very few truly great defenders LBJ is making d defensive 1st team 4 times out of 9!

he is averaging less in blocks per game than a shorter,smaller and more perimeter based Jordan!

he is averaging less in steals

he has NEVER been the best defender in d league for a season.

he is a very good defender who just happens to be d best defender on his team,MJ was a great defender who played with an all time defender in pippen.

and to show most def that u dont know what you are talking about Jordan averaged 2.4 steals BEFORE Pippen joined d Bulls and he averaged 1.5 blocks BEFORE Pippen joined the Bulls
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 5:54pm On Jun 17, 2012
rodman was a badass defender no doubt and so was dumars.but seriously did u expect MJ to guard Shaq? r u for real? ok Gary Payton(THE GLOVE ) was a mega badass defender,he was real nasty and as tough as they come.he was also d best defender in d sonics team by a country mile,so assuming d sonics met shaq's team would u place ur best defender 6 ft 4 Payton on d 7 foot beast that's Shaq? do u tink its just about placing d best defender on d best offensive threat regardless of matchups?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
the issue is NOT who was d best defender in d Bulls team,thats btw Pippen and Rodman.d question is who is d better defender MJ or Lebron and d answer is Jordan every day of d week and twice on Sundays.MJ was just d 3rd best defender in his team cos he was playing alongside all time defenders,Lebron on d other hand shines brightly as a defender playing alongside decent (at best) defenders.
and its so disingenuous of you to say Rodman ran MJ out of d playoffs,havent you heard of d Jordan Rules? since u claim to have been watching bball for decades you must have watched d matches with Jordan been double teamed and triple teamed by a Piston team full of great n brutish defenders.and if i was to point to d players who spent the most time guarding Jordan i wont name Rodman but Joe Dumars and Isaiah
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2012
i am not equating steals to good defence but it is a COMPONENT of good defending.a good steal is a potential 4 point swing so yes i value it but i also value blocks,rebounds,on ball defense,passing lane coverage,weak side help and other components of defending.
i see in ur list of good steals players u focused on those with poor defending skills.what abt walt frazier,jason kidd,chris paul,payton,ur ron harper and rajon rondo AND SCOTTIE PIPPEN who are good defenders?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
so u wanted Phil Jackson to place MJ on Malone so MJ could "prove" his defensive greatness to YOU? the fact that Zen master Phil placed his 2 best defenders on d opposition's 2 best offensive weapons without matchup problems freed his best offensive weapon to b more dominant on d offensive side.but bro its simple logic! why waste d energy of ur best scorer on lockdown defense when there r better defenders around! why do u tink Coach Spo is reluctant to place Lebron on KD for max minutes? cos there is a possibility of KD wearing out Lebron and still torching him for 30points!
and regarding "proving' defensive greatness,pls when did Lebron prove his greatness?
having said all that Lebron has d tools to b a better defender than MJ,he just is not there YET.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
lebron's major weakness is his mind and definitely he has d tools to b d GOAT,but i don't think he will get there.2 reasons 1)its very possible he really will NEVER b clutch and 2)his window of opportunity to accumulate "not one,not two,not three,not four,not five" is slowly closing.d Thunder r coming!
and pls dont list Gilber Arenas as a proof of LBJ's defense.in 10years time Arenas will be nothing but a footnote in NBA history,if he isn't already
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by afrodoc(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
noooo.durant is way better than arenas,d player KD reminds me of most is Tracy Mcgrady in his prime but old timers are telling me that KD plays like d "iceman" George Gervin
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 18, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL / Mourinho Leaves Mikel, Moses Out Of Chelsea Tour List / Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.