Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,857 members, 7,945,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

NBA. . . Represent Your Team - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA. . . Represent Your Team (22759 Views)

2015/2016 BPL Fixtures Is Out. Check Your Team / Victor Moses Featured In Galaxy 11 Team To Represent Earth With Ronaldo & Messi / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 21, 2012
They are a man to man team, they played man to man all season...can't just implement zone like that in the finals

When Dallas used it, they were use to it, because they played more zone then anybody during the season that year.

Brooks is a horrible Coach anyway Man...lol pop was mixing and matching left and right during the west finals and out coaching him. The schedule destroyed the spurs though...old team tired legs and ran out of gas

@A40....yup durant played soft...he let his friendship with Lebron get in the way of his killer drive...

Even let mike miller take him on a few drives and bump him around...pathetic. LmL
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
davidif:

Nooooooooo, you don't get it. A lot of people don't think that Westy would ever develop his decision making like the top tier point guards in the league afterall the guy was a shooting back in UCLA. If we had Rondo who is probably the best pure point in the league but not a scorer or as athletic, he would make our team much better and he would know how to find Durant and he would get the best out of Harden and not jacking up ill advised shots.

Finally, can someone please explain to me WHY WE DIDN'T PLAY ZONE angry angry angry angry angry angry Dallas was able to stop Miami last year because of its zone but for some reason known to Scott Brooks we couldn't make the necessary adjustments. Truth of the matter is that when it comes to overall team athleticism, the Heat can't match us.

You need some perspective yo! Haba this team is way ahead of schedule. Just two seasons ago they could only manage the Western Conference 1st round now they are playing in the Finals and you are complaining. Westbrook alongside Durant are not why you lost!! Harden also didn't show up but the kid didn't get bad overnight surely Trina's kitten had sumn to do with it or maybe the occasion got to him! Let's face it these guys are still babies and probably need to undergo some heartbreak to make that next step. Trading Westbrook who has not missed a game in 4 seasons would be madness. Besides most championship winning teams don't necessarily have great PG's what you need is a good playmaker and that can be at any position

Offense was your problem really not defense! Plus the Heat shot excellently from beyond the arc and that kinda rendered Ibaka and Perkins useless!!
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
~Royal~:
They are a man to man team, they played man to man all season...can't just implement zone like that in the finals

When Dallas used it, they were use to it, because they played more zone then anybody during the season that year.

Brooks is a horrible Coach anyway Man...lol pop was mixing and matching left and right during the west finals and out coaching him. The schedule destroyed the spurs though...old team tired legs and ran out of gas

@A40....yup durant played soft...he let his friendship with Lebron get in the way of his killer drive...

Even let mike miller take him on a few drives and bump him around...pathetic. LmL

Plus we had more tools and Dirk was a man on a mission

Guy u just dey yarn puan! How can u even say this?? The Spurs where not so old when they swept the Clippers where they?? They where outclassed simple and short! Enuff with the excuses already

Durant didn't play soft maybe he coulda played smarter though? Yes! LeBron simply wanted it more
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 6:02am On Jul 22, 2012
A-40:

Yes! LeBron simply wanted it more

WHAT?? LeBron wanted it more?? Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 6:04am On Jul 22, 2012
~Royal~:
Magic is a delusional fat man whose brain is fried off Hiv Cocktail medications....

Yeah but Magic is still the greatest point guard of all time.

~Royal~:

Yo that old Marbury Kg Display pic is hot....I miss Starbury and Young Garnett....smh Classik

Yep!!!! who knows how many championships they would have won had Marbury not gotten jealous that the Timberwolves offered KG a ridiculous contract.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2012
davidif:

WHAT?? LeBron wanted it more?? Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI

You post a clip with Skip Bayless on it?? Don't you know he is like the biggest LeBron hater in the Universe??
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
A-40:

You post a clip with Skip Bayless on it?? Don't you know he is like the biggest LeBron hater in the Universe??

Since Blake Griffin has popped his knee again I do hope he is learning post and hi post moves for them rainy days when he can't leap out of the arena
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
A-40:

Have you watched the video yet You said the Heat played "hard" that's why i sent you the video. If you watched the video, you would know how inaccurate and funny that statement is.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
davidif:

Have you watched the video yet You said the Heat played "hard" that's why i sent you the video. If you watched the video, you would know how inaccurate and funny that statement is.
Dudie Pause! When i saw Skip Bayless my default reaction was to say what i said . They had a smaller lineup and still outrebounded y'all,scored more points in the paint and forced more turnovers. I won't even mention the fact that some of their players (Wade,Bosh,Miller) all played with injuries. I guess your definition of "playing hard" is much different from mine i would love to know what it is
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
davidif:

Yeah but Magic is still the greatest point guard of all time.

Yep!!!! who knows how many championships they would have won had Marbury not gotten jealous that the Timberwolves offered KG a ridiculous contract.

Man...Young Marbury and Young KG was scary...if they would have put their egos aside....no telling how great they could have been..

#KG&Steph
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
Hi guys, good to see yall keeping the thread alive. I feel sorry for Nigeria basketball team already grin grin
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by onila(f): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
we are playing againt the best team in the world. ,I trust Nigerian guys will work really hard. Nigerian guys shld try and make names for themselves. NBA clubs will be scouting.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
onila:

we are playing againt the best team in the world. ,I trust Nigerian guys will work really hard. Nigerian guys shld try and make names for themselves. NBA clubs will be scouting.

grin grin grin grin grin Sorry honey, no chance. . . Bitter truth
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by onila(f): 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
uhm I know they wnt win grin but they shld lose with a lil dignity
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
onila: uhm I know they wnt win grin but they shld lose with a lil dignity

Now you are talking grin 180-49 ok?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by onila(f): 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
REALITY101:

Now you are talking grin 180-49 ok?

:Dnaa itwill just be the same like USA VS Tunisia on monday -= USA 105/Tunisia 67
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 5:47am On Aug 03, 2012
Why didn't we make any adjustments throughout the game? We should have keyed in on them and chase them off the three point line. Goodness! what awful coaching!!! why didn't we hire an American coach like Mike D'Antoni, Larry Brown, Don Nelson or even Phil Jackson (hahhaha)?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 10:01am On Aug 03, 2012
onila:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHA, THAT IS HILLARIOUS...NOT! You must be new to basketball aren't you amigo?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
davidif: Why didn't we make any adjustments throughout the game? We should have keyed in on them and chase them off the three point line. Goodness! what awful coaching!!! why didn't we hire an American coach like Mike D'Antoni, Larry Brown, Don Nelson or even Phil Jackson (hahhaha)?
That team overachieved by even qualifying for the Olympics in the 1st place. The allocation for the entire ministry of Sports in 10 years cannot pay their salaries
The USA game was a disgrace tho
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 4:37am On Aug 10, 2012
The rich keeps getting richer in the NBA, someone on this forum last season claimed David Stern dislikes the Lakers Organization because they could not get CP3, but am looking at the Lakers roaster today after the Howard trade and am like..What the -----!!!!!!!, Nash, Gasol, Howard and of course the black mamba on the same team? are u kidding me?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2012
O ma ti sele ooh! Dwight Howard does a Shaq and joins the Lake-show. We can now forget about the Heat as champions-elect. Barring injuries I don't see the Lakers not winning it all next year
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
WOW!!!! IT SEEMS THAT THE LAKERS HAVE TAKEN THE WEST FROM US THEN.

IBAKA! YOU BETTER GO LEARN SOME POST MOVES FROM "THE DREAM" THIS OFFSEASON O. WE ARE REALLY GOING TO NEED IT BIG TIME.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 12, 2012
lol, "but Royal i thought D.Howard was garbage to you"

He is, but he damn sure looks good in Purple and Gold. #LetsGoLakers
cool

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 10:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidif: WOW!!!! IT SEEMS THAT THE LAKERS HAVE TAKEN THE WEST FROM US THEN.

IBAKA! YOU BETTER GO LEARN SOME POST MOVES FROM "THE DREAM" THIS OFFSEASON O. WE ARE REALLY GOING TO NEED IT BIG TIME.
Yeah the fact that they where able to keep Gasol kinda makes it mission impossible for the rest of the West.

Not just post moves but a reliable short/mid-range J that can neutralize shot-blockin.

@Royal
Deep down u know u are as excited as hell! If Dwight can drop the diva act he's been displayin these last couple of seasons then the Lakers are good
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 6:00am On Aug 13, 2012
~Royal~:
lol, "but Royal i thought D.Howard was garbage to you"

He is, but he damn sure looks good in Purple and Gold. #LetsGoLakers
cool

As awful as it is seeing Howard in the purple and gold, its much worse seeing Steve Nash in one. I remember just seeing a snap shot of it and bouncing my eyes away immediately. Just couldn't bare to even look at it and i'm not even a Suns fan. Come on Stevie (and you Ray Allen) why did y'all cross over to the dark side? cry
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 13, 2012
A-40:
@Royal
Deep down u know u are as excited as hell! If Dwight can drop the diva act he's been displayin these last couple of seasons then the Lakers are good

I am not even gonna Lie Fam, I am excited, Very.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
@davidif
Me I don't blame Nash oh! Dude gave his all to the Suns unfortunately when you have bigs in their prime (Stoudemire)that don't play hard and stay injured or a washed up Shaq it becomes difficult to win stuff! Plus the Suns don't seem interested in winning

With Superman joining the Lakers I'm just happy that that snitch (Deron Williams's) plan failed woefully! Let's see him win rings with Joe Johnson,Gerald Wallace and Mr Kardashian
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 14, 2012
davidif:

As awful as it is seeing Howard in the purple and gold, its much worse seeing Steve Nash in one. I remember just seeing a snap shot of it and bouncing my eyes away. Just couldn't bare to even look at it and i'm not even a Suns fan. Come on Stevie (and you Ray Allen) why did y'all cross over to the dark side? cry

Ray Left Boston Because of inside disputes with Doc Rivers and Rondo.

Apparently they clashed Often Behind the Scenes

Ray has revenge on his Mind.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 12:18am On Aug 15, 2012
A-40:
@davidif
Me I don't blame Nash oh! Dude gave his all to the Suns unfortunately when you have bigs in their prime (Stoudemire)that don't play hard and stay injured or a washed up Shaq it becomes difficult to win stuff! Plus the Suns don't seem interested in winning

I wouldn't put the blame on Amare and co. The biggest reason why that team never won a championship was as a result of Joe Johnson's departure. They were never really able to replace him. Which is so sad considering the fact that they probably were about to revolutionize the NBA with there style of play. Too bad though.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 15, 2012
The Reason the Suns didn't win a title was Robert Horry Slamming Steve Nash into the Scorers Table

That year they were the favorite to win...and when the players left the bench, many key suns players got suspended

The Suns were superior to the spurs that Year.

Horry is both Clutch and Calculated. Amare use to Give TD the Business. Caused all Sorts of problems for Duncan back when Amare was in his Prime.

#RobertHorryPlayoffLegend
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 6:03am On Aug 15, 2012
~Royal~:

Ray Left Boston Because of inside disputes with Doc Rivers and Rondo.

Apparently they clashed Often Behind the Scenes

Ray has revenge on his Mind.

Ray got disgruntled after Doc Rivers told the team last year it was now Rando's team, that meant the celtics were taking a new direction especially on the court also during and after ray's injury during the season, Avery Bradley took over his position in the first team, that did not come down well with Ray..

I stand by Doc Rivers and as a celtic fan, i can only wish Ray the best of luck..
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 1:26am On Aug 16, 2012
davidif:
I wouldn't put the blame on Amare and co. The biggest reason why that team never won a championship was as a result of Joe Johnson's departure. They were never really able to replace him. Which is so sad considering the fact that they probably were about to revolutionize the NBA with there style of play. Too bad though.
Joe Johnson Come on bro! What has he done at Atlanta? The odd conference semi appearance? The Suns where not winning it all with him anyway! Mike D'Antoni like Don Nelson doesn't know squat about defence and to win a ring you are gonna have to defend sometime!

Roland17:
Ray got disgruntled after Doc Rivers told the team last year it was now Rando's team, that meant the celtics were taking a new direction especially on the court also during and after ray's injury during the season, Avery Bradley took over his position in the first team, that did not come down well with Ray..
I stand by Doc Rivers and as a celtic fan, i can only wish Ray the best of luck..
This was like Ray Allen's worst shooting year plus he is only like 37 or 38! His leaving is not a problem! JET is a perfect replacement! the important thing is Keeping Rondo happy, resigning K.g for a couple of years and getting a decent big man. That kid with the heart problem should be back too right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Quique Serien: It Wouldn't Be Fair If Barca Plays Napoli In An Empty Stadium / ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! / Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.