Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,172 members, 7,973,958 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:39 AM

NBA. . . Represent Your Team - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA. . . Represent Your Team (22811 Views)

2015/2016 BPL Fixtures Is Out. Check Your Team / Victor Moses Featured In Galaxy 11 Team To Represent Earth With Ronaldo & Messi / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 1:46am On Aug 16, 2012
~Royal~:
The Reason the Suns didn't win a title was Robert Horry Slamming Steve Nash into the Scorers Table
That year they were the favorite to win...and when the players left the bench, many key suns players got suspended
The Suns were superior to the spurs that Year.
Horry is both Clutch and Calculated. Amare use to Give TD the Business. Caused all Sorts of problems for Duncan back when Amare was in his Prime.

#RobertHorryPlayoffLegend
Problems?? Wasn't he there in 05 when they got beat 4-1? His injuries hardly helped the Suns cause but they won a lot of games without him! And became multi-dimensional! Guys like Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw, Raja Bell and Tim Thomas where filling it up in his absence but when Amare came back what happened they couldn't go past the first round of playoff series. I still mainly blame D'Antoni for his lack of emphasis on defence so Don't get it twisted tho he's an excellent player he just seems not to bring it when it matters most plus his Knicks career has been pure disaster
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 4:56am On Aug 16, 2012
A-40:

Joe Johnson Come on bro! What has he done at Atlanta? The odd conference semi appearance? The Suns where not winning it all with him anyway! Mike D'Antoni like Don Nelson doesn't know squat about defence and to win a ring you are gonna have to defend sometime!

That's what i am saying bro. If Joe Johnson had stayed in Phoenix rather than go to Atlanta he might have gotten close to winning a championship rather than the frequent first round playoff exits.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 16, 2012
A-40:

Problems?? Wasn't he there in 05 when they got beat 4-1? His injuries hardly helped the Suns cause but they won a lot of games without him! And became multi-dimensional! Guys like Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw, Raja Bell and Tim Thomas where filling it up in his absence but when Amare came back what happened they couldn't go past the first round of playoff series. I still mainly blame D'Antoni for his lack of emphasis on defence so Don't get it twisted tho he's an excellent player he just seems not to bring it when it matters most plus his Knicks career has been pure disaster

Amare use to Average Like 29 on Td in his prime.

The spurs were just a better team, mainly because Coach Pop use to shut down Nash with Bruce Bowen.

Amazing how well Bruce use to guard Nash, Great Coaching move by Pop. Nash never had the kind of footspeed to get by an elite defender like that Plus his height and length gave Nash Problems.

Amare use to Shid on Duncan though, The Suns use to Lose Because of the Bowen guarding Nash Dynamic.

In 04-05 playoffs he averaged almost 30

http://databasebasketball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=stoudam01

(Imo) Amare never was the same after the 04-05 season.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
Edumare punish the poster before me for uploading that disgusting pic and ruining my beer

davidif:

That's what i am saying bro. If Joe Johnson had stayed in Phoenix rather than go to Atlanta he might have gotten close to winning a championship rather than the frequent first round playoff exits.
In a weaker Eastern Conference he should be doing better with Josh Smith,Al Horford,Jamal Crawford et al! They got swept twice!! He is a poorman's Carmelo Even with homecourt they couldn't beat Boston!

~Royal~:

Amare use to Average Like 29 on Td in his prime.
The spurs were just a better team, mainly because Coach Pop use to shut down Nash with Bruce Bowen.
Amazing how well Bruce use to guard Nash, Great Coaching move by Pop. Nash never had the kind of footspeed to get by an elite defender like that Plus his height and length gave Nash Problems.
Amare use to Shid on Duncan though, The Suns use to Lose Because of the Bowen guarding Nash Dynamic.
In 04-05 playoffs he averaged almost 30

http://databasebasketball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=stoudam01

(Imo) Amare never was the same after the 04-05 season.
I tend to agree with you on the final part of your post. Microfracture surgery and eye issues really didn't let him maximise his potential

I don't think Nash vs Bowen was the only reason they lost! The Suns inferior defence also played a role! Nash couldn't pick Parker on the other end either and if they switched Bell on Parker it created even more matchup problems! Let's not forget that in Amare they also had a big man who played no D
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2012
@@Royal
Your post was hidden yo
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2012
Yeah, some creepy dude came in here and posted a Nakked pic of Charly Boy...and i made a comment about that Gay azz Pic

I guess the Mods deleted his post and Mines

He was promoting some Rap website lol with a nasty pic of that 60 year old Fhagg lol
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
The fool should be guillotined for posting that eyesore
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 7:00am On Aug 19, 2012
OPE O!!! We have given an extension to Ibaka.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
But would you be able to keep James Harden?? That's where the trouble @
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 1:42am On Aug 20, 2012
A-40:
But would you be able to keep James Harden?? That's where the trouble @

We can trade James Harden for another scorer. Guards like him are a dime a dozen in the NBA but shot blockers like Serge are a premium.

Besides, now that we are at it, we can trade Westbrook for A REAL point guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxfxpqPeq8&feature=related
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 3:34am On Aug 20, 2012
davidif: OPE O!!! We have given an extension to Ibaka.
Extending Ibaka's contract is a very strong message the thunders are sending with regards to their ambition, the core of the team was retained, if J.Harden would be retained, i honestly think he can be a starter and i know he imagines that too, but his defense has to improve, the thunders can take the other route by getting someone else in his mode with better defense ability, the market is flooded with such talents like Davidif noted.

Can they challenge for the west? for sure, but i would place the new Lakers and spurs above them.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 4:19am On Aug 20, 2012
Roland17:
Can they challenge for the west? for sure, but i would place the new Lakers and spurs above them.

SPURS?? I can understand the Lake Show but the Spurs Didn't we run them out of the building last year? They still have the same guys that couldn't match our athleticism last year so what makes you think that they can hang with us?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2012
davidif:
We can trade James Harden for another scorer. Guards like him are a dime a dozen in the NBA but shot blockers like Serge are a premium.
Besides, now that we are at it, we can trade Westbrook for A REAL point guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxfxpqPeq8&feature=related
Really? Do you think it works that easily? Scorers may be a dime a dozen but that doesn't guarantee they would function with the system on ground

You want the OKC to trade Westbrook?? If only I where Mavs GM and you where OKC GM. For whom if I may ask? How many games has he missed since joining the NBA? 0! In 4 seasons do you know how hard it is to find a player like that? A PG that is an excellent rebounder can play defence and actually guard people but is also a top 10 scorer in the league. Plus his assists have improved this year ohh I forgot he is only 23 as well! By all means trade him and let's see how far y'all will go. I'm not saying he is perfect his shot selection is shaky at best but PG's have never been renowned for their shooting!

As for the clip don't mind Magic! There is a reason why great players don't make good coaches or GM's. The GOAT is a fantastic example we can all see what he is doing with the Bobcats
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
@Roland
Why does your list not include the Mavericks? We are still in the game grin we've gotten younger this off-season and made a few decent moves! If everyone is healthy we would make some noise
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
Trading Westbrook is Crazy Talk.

..Keep listening to that fool Magic.

There is a Reason why we(La) don't allow him to make decisions on our Personal

He is nothing more than a Figure Head

Just because you were once a great player, does not mean you are a great evaluator of Talent.

Case in Point...His Airness.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 5:07am On Aug 21, 2012
A-40:

Really? Do you think it works that easily? Scorers may be a dime a dozen but that doesn't guarantee they would function with the system on ground

You want the OKC to trade Westbrook?? If only I where Mavs GM and you where OKC GM. For whom if I may ask? How many games has he missed since joining the NBA? 0! In 4 seasons do you know how hard it is to find a player like that? A PG that is an excellent rebounder can play defence and actually guard people but is also a top 10 scorer in the league. Plus his assists have improved this year ohh I forgot he is only 23 as well! By all means trade him and let's see how far y'all will go. I'm not saying he is perfect his shot selection is shaky at best but PG's have never been renowned for their shooting!

As for the clip don't mind Magic! There is a reason why great players don't make good coaches or GM's. The GOAT is a fantastic example we can all see what he is doing with the Bobcats

Magic and Stephen A. echo some of my sentiments. Westbrook is a source of headache for some of us, he can be too erratic and unpredictable. There is some perception in the league that the guy might not ever be able to develop the decision making ability that some of the upper echelon guards have. That's why i say we trade him for a REAL PG. We can trade this guy for any other point guard in the league (maybe except Derrick Rose).

Secondly, i don't need my point guard to be a top 10 scorer in the league (he was actually no. 4 in scoring in the league), i need him to be the QUARTERBACK OF THE TEAM. He needs to know HIS JOB which is to find Durant and get out of the way. There were several times in the Finals when KD couldn't get the ball and i am wondering, is KD actually in the game at at all? Westbrook needs to know his job and stick to it and stop playing HERO-BALL!!!!!!!!!

As for the part about Westy being an "execellent" defender; did you guys see Tony Parker take him to school during the San Antonio series this year? If it wasn't for the fact that Scott Brooks decided to put Thabo Sefolosha on TP, San Antonio might have swept us in that series.

Finally, about James Harden, would you rather we let him go free at the end of next season (the dude is a budding superstar who averages a whopping 17 pts a game from the bench) or we trade him for someone else? We can't afford to resign him as we might fall into the luxury tax category.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
i Swear Thunder Fans just don't appreciate WestBrook.

That boy is a warrior!!.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 5:19am On Aug 22, 2012
davidif:

SPURS?? I can understand the Lake Show but the Spurs Didn't we run them out of the building last year? They still have the same guys that couldn't match our athleticism last year so what makes you think that they can hang with us?

If the Heats were matched against the Spurs for the Finals last year, i bet u Lebron and the heats would have been swept off, every one is quick to call them an aging team, but that was what was said last year, the level of depth, discipline and professionalism would always see the spurs challenge for the title.

I expect Players like K.Leonard and Danny Green to step up this coming season and don't forget they have the best coach in the league, Gregg Popovich.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 5:25am On Aug 22, 2012
A-40:
@Roland
Why does your list not include the Mavericks? We are still in the game grin we've gotten younger this off-season and made a few decent moves! If everyone is healthy we would make some noise

The mavericks have lost touch, acquiring players like O.J Mayo, Elton Brand and Darren Collison does not convince me they can challenge for the west, the organization is in turmoil, player/owner relationship is abysmal. my only joy is D.Nowitzki deservedly got his ring..
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
davidif:

Magic and Stephen A. echo some of my sentiments. Westbrook is a source of headache for some of us, he can be too erratic and unpredictable. There is some perception in the league that the guy might not ever be able to develop the decision making ability that some of the upper echelon guards have. That's why i say we trade him for a REAL PG. We can trade this guy for any other point guard in the league (maybe except Derrick Rose).

Secondly, i don't need my point guard to be a top 10 scorer in the league (he was actually no. 4 in scoring in the league), i need him to be the QUARTERBACK OF THE TEAM. He needs to know HIS JOB which is to find Durant and get out of the way. There were several times in the Finals when KD couldn't get the ball and i am wondering, is KD actually in the game at at all? Westbrook needs to know his job and stick to it and stop playing HERO-BALL!!!!!!!!!

As for the part about Westy being an "execellent" defender; did you guys see Tony Parker take him to school during the San Antonio series this year? If it wasn't for the fact that Scott Brooks decided to put Thabo Sefolosha on TP, San Antonio might have swept us in that series.

Finally, about James Harden, would you rather we let him go free at the end of next season (the dude is a budding superstar who averages a whopping 17 pts a game from the bench) or we trade him for someone else? We can't afford to resign him as we might fall into the luxury tax category.
Stephen A is too emotional jare plus he is also erratic and unpredictable! Didn't he predict OKC would win in 5? I'm sure they would have been saying the same thing had OKC won that series
The perception is nonsensical! Maybe people just need to give the boy a break! He is not even 24 yet remember? And is already a multi-allstar Even guys like Kidd,Stockton,Jackson,Nash,Billups where not all-stars at this point of their career.
When last did any team win the title with a "Real Point Guard" (Jason Kidd at 38 don't count) I thought its been established that you don't really need a "Real PG" to win the league. Try telling Durant that they ought to trade Westbrook

This is not American football! The Spurs,Lakers,Bulls built dynasties without a real PG. I really think you are directing your frustrations at the wrong people! Did you see how hard Durant was trapped in those Finals at key stretches?
More help from the supporting cast is what you guys needed. Your players save for Durant are offensively challenged! Just look at your starting V!

Tony Parker would give any player a hard time! I challenge you to name 5 PG's that defend better than Westbrook! Is it Paul,Williams,Parker,Chalmers,Rose??

If that's the case then maybe you guys have no choice but to trade but it would really phuck up the team chemistry
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Roland17:

The mavericks have lost touch, acquiring players like O.J Mayo, Elton Brand and Darren Collison does not convince me they can challenge for the west, the organization is in turmoil, player/owner relationship is abysmal. my only joy is D.Nowitzki deservedly got his ring..
I think you are too quick to write off the Mavs I can remember this was what they said in the 10-11 season when we got Chandler and Deshawn Williams. Apart from the Lakers and tentatively OKC I don't see any other team head and shoulders ahead of the Mavs. Mark Cuban was too much in a hurry to dismantle that team last season for reasons best known to him. Probably he was looking at potentially getting Dwight and Deron, Obviously that didn't work out but I'd take Team Chemistry over Star Power any day
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
You think Dirk got another run in him Fam?.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
~Royal~:
You think Dirk got another run in him Fam?.
Hell yeah! We woulda been talking of a potential repeat if Cuban didn't dismantle that team
Nowitzki plays efficient basketball and has a history of good health! Even at 34 he is still a 20pts plus 8 rebounds 1block a game guy. With a good supporting cast why not?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 4:25am On Aug 23, 2012
Roland17:
If the Heats were matched against the Spurs for the Finals last year, i bet u Lebron and the heats would have been swept off, every one is quick to call them an aging team, but that was what was said last year, the level of depth, discipline and professionalism would always see the spurs challenge for the title.

I DEFINITELY WOULD AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE! But to get to Miami, they still have to get past us which is DEFINITELY not going to happen.

A-40:

Stephen A is too emotional jare plus he is also erratic and unpredictable! Didn't he predict OKC would win in 5? I'm sure they would have been saying the same thing had OKC won that series
The perception is nonsensical! Maybe people just need to give the boy a break! He is not even 24 yet remember? And is already a multi-allstar Even guys like Kidd,Stockton,Jackson,Nash,Billups where not all-stars at this point of their career.

First of all, after the way we so comprehensively dismantled San Antonio (who would have beaten the Heat by the way), a lot of people including myself thought we were going to dismantle the Heat in 5 (even though in public i used to give it to the Heat in 7 games) and the reasoning wasn't misplaced. It was a combination of Westbrook's erratic play, Scott Brooks inability to switch to a zone and overall inexperience.

When last did any team win the title with a "Real Point Guard" (Jason Kidd at 38 don't count) I thought its been established that you don't really need a "Real PG" to win the league. Try telling Durant that they ought to trade Westbrook

This is not American football! The Spurs,Lakers,Bulls built dynasties without a real PG. I really think you are directing your frustrations at the wrong people! Did you see how hard Durant was trapped in those Finals at key stretches?
More help from the supporting cast is what you guys needed. Your players save for Durant are offensively challenged! Just look at your starting V!

DON'T TELL ME I JUST READ THAT? REALLY? shocked Derek Fisher not a real point? what of Rajon Rondo (probably the best floor general in the game right now) or Tony Parker, Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr? Were this guys not classic points? Boy, oh boy, i should probably pretend that i just didn't read this.

A-40:

I think you are too quick to write off the Mavs I can remember this was what they said in the 10-11 season when we got Chandler and Deshawn Williams. Apart from the Lakers and tentatively OKC I don't see any other team head and shoulders ahead of the Mavs. Mark Cuban was too much in a hurry to dismantle that team last season for reasons best known to him. Probably he was looking at potentially getting Dwight and Deron, Obviously that didn't work out but I'd take Team Chemistry over Star Power any day

Uhm, i think you meant Deshawn Stevenson
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
davidif:

I DEFINITELY WOULD AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE! But to get to Miami, they still have to get past us which is DEFINITELY not going to happen.
I'm sure Dwight Howard has sumn to say about that

davidif:
First of all, after the way we so comprehensively dismantled San Antonio (who would have beaten the Heat by the way), a lot of people including myself thought we were going to dismantle the Heat in 5 (even though in public i used to give it to the Heat in 7 games) and the reasoning wasn't misplaced. It was a combination of Westbrook's erratic play, Scott Brooks inability to switch to a zone and overall inexperience.
The Heat match up very well against you guys its not a suprise that prior to that Final your record against em was poor. That aside Scott Brooks also made zero adjustments and lack of variety on offense ultimately did you in and yeah inexperience too

davidif:
DON'T TELL ME I JUST READ THAT? REALLY? shocked Derek Fisher not a real point? what of Rajon Rondo (probably the best floor general in the game right now) or Tony Parker, Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr? Were this guys not classic points? Boy, oh boy, i should probably pretend that i just didn't read this.
Oghene Virgilio!!!!! shocked shocked I am talking about point guards and you are mentioning Steve Kerr (career avg of less than 2 assists), Avery Johnson and Derek Fisher!! Chei!! Are you telling me that those guys ran the Bulls (M.J,Pippen,Rodman) Lakers (Shaq,Kobe,Rice) Spurs (D Admiral,Duncan,Ginobili)
Those guys where just fortunate to be on teams that had HOF'ers and all-stars! You can't be serious man! I'm mentioning guys like Billups,Nash,Stockton.Kidd and Mark Jackson that actually carried their team and you mention Steve Kerr!!! SMH

davidif:
Uhm, i think you meant Deshawn Stevenson
Yeah Stevenson
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
By the way happy 34th to the Black Mamba Kobe Bryant!! The best since M.J

Here's a throwback pic! Lol before Vanessa discovered plastic surgery grin grin

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
Lmfao@goin in my Niqqah Wife. grin
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
Who ever wrote about Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher being Real Point Guards needs to sign offline and commit suicide and abstain from any conversations regarding Basketball.

Those Bums were not Real Point Guards, They both had success because of the "Triangle Offense" the triangle does not need a prototypical point guard to flourish

The Triangle is Ran Best with a Spot Up Shooting Pg with extended shooting Rage.

Notice that when Gary Payton (RealPg) came to the Lakers he could not Operate in the Triangle(that plus he was past his prime)

He hated it, as the Triangle Offense Creatively Castrates a Point Guard from all Complex Decision Making.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 6:25am On Aug 24, 2012
A-40:

Oghene Virgilio!!!!! shocked shocked I am talking about point guards and you are mentioning Steve Kerr (career avg of less than 2 assists), Avery Johnson and Derek Fisher!! Chei!! Are you telling me that those guys ran the Bulls (M.J,Pippen,Rodman) Lakers (Shaq,Kobe,Rice) Spurs (D Admiral,Duncan,Ginobili)
Those guys where just fortunate to be on teams that had HOF'ers and all-stars! You can't be serious man! I'm mentioning guys like Billups,Nash,Stockton.Kidd and Mark Jackson that actually carried their team and you mention Steve Kerr!!! SMH

I didn't say any of this guys were star point guards, i said that they were actual point guards and not shooting guards masquerading as point guards. There is a difference between a star player and a decent or functional player.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2012
That's exactly what those guys were though

Small Shooting Guards disguised as Point Guards

Derek Fisher and Steve Kerr are not real Prototypical Point Guards

They were planted at the Pg position, they never ran any offense or a team, Small 2guards who could get away with playing pg because of Mike and Kobe at the 2

They were small shooting guards who could fit in the Triangle Offense, because the triangle offense was best utilized with a spot up shooter in the corner.

A good example of a true point guard who is not a huge star would be an "Andre Miller"

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! / Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL / Mourinho Leaves Mikel, Moses Out Of Chelsea Tour List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.