Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,172 members, 7,973,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:37 AM

NBA. . . Represent Your Team - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA. . . Represent Your Team (22810 Views)

2015/2016 BPL Fixtures Is Out. Check Your Team / Victor Moses Featured In Galaxy 11 Team To Represent Earth With Ronaldo & Messi / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
A-40:

Smart question

Bwahahahahahaha u actually think i am a LeBron hater?? You are obviously new here. You weren't here when i was defending LeBron tooth and nail while he was at Cleveland. My only beef with him is the way he left Cleveland and he and Wade disrespecting Nowitzki at the last finals i am glad he learnt his lesson and that was all thanks to my Dallas Mavericks

Well i didn't really have a problem with the way he left cleveland...the brotha clearly had a nervous breakdown from his mother being a straight up h03 and sleepin wit his teamate(and allegedly friends as well) LmL

They were wack for hating on Dirk...I ain't like that either...personally i think Dwade's swagga has always been wack anyway to be honest.....His first ring was "gift wrapped" by the referees anyway because stern coulnd't stand cuban...He hates Mark Cuban

@Tha Finals ...Allot of people feel Durants poor defense cost them many games in the finals....that plus harden getting exposed...

Harden is a product of Jeff Van Gundy Hype anyway truthfully...Dudes a Overrated Flopper and Average 6th Man

The Heat Defense proved he isn't worth starter Max Money...

@Durant Beating 2 Dynasties...

Lmfao tha Lakers "Pau" era wasn't a dynasty...and we didn't have many of our players from the championship years...(Sasha,Odom,Fisher,ect)

Lol@you writing that...

And The Spurs would have beat them but the playoff conference finals schedule started to hurt them and those old legs couldn't get use to playing every otha day....Remember during the season they got high amounts of rest from Pop...

and the Playoff rounds were all sweeps....Thunder just had fresher younger Legs...

That...Plus Harden flopping az getting a million garbage calls against Ginobili

@LBJ

I personally have always felt Lebron didn't really have those problems in the clutch till he had that nervous breakdown in cleveland with his momz Trickin and H03in....If u remember they were beating the celtics in that series 2-1...then all over a sudden rumors start to spread about Delonte

Next thing you know...Lebron Changed...His mental state and emotional behavior became weird

(Remember Game 5)...

After he lost...he left cleveland to escape what seems like emotional demons and Baggage ..

His first year in miami (imo) was pretty much Dwade Jocking and trying to be the star...which Lbj Wasnt really use to and Lebron had to learn how to play off the ball

Personal Issues can affect an Athletes "Nerves"...Just look at Tiger Woods

Nervous breakdown..lost his "nerves"..and suddenly can't "put" no more.

Nice to see you Back Mii Friend.

~ cool ~

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 5:48am On Jul 02, 2012
Sad we lost. I wish we knew how to play Zone defense like Dallas did last year. At the end of the day, it came down to the inexperience. Westie fouling Chalmers in Game 4 when he didn't need to and James Harden missing that layup that would have tied the game. Let's also not forget James Harden's needless foul at the end of Game 3 and Westbrook's decision making in deciding to continue jacking up needless shot after shot.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
I just think it came down to tha fact James Harden got exposed.

Close out on him, play up close...run him off tha three point line and make him dribble with his right hand =Exposed

The left handed Harden has NO right hand to even speak of....and he has no midrange shot. Miami Exposed Harden
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 2:14am On Jul 03, 2012
Exposed did you watch him in the Laker's and the San Antonio series? he really gave us that third scoring option that we needed to get all the way. Agreed, he didn't get going offensively against the Heat except f9r Game 2 where he had 21 pts from 7-11 shooting, but let's not forget, he was a big reason why we got to the finals. I would say not bad for a player in his third year in the league.

Now having said all that, boy, did we miss Jeff Green in this series, he would have really helped us a lot but hey who are we kidding? if we didn't make that trade for Perkins, there is no way we make it past Dallas and the Lakers this year.

Either way, let's hope we can keep this team for one more season and try to make another run for the championship before Ibaka and Harden become free agents.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 1:06am On Jul 07, 2012
Exciting trades and transfers going on in the Nba this off season. Many teams are improving their rotation, I enjoyed the draft and think the hornets wouls do better than they did last season, although its a young team, I believe Davies and Rivers can form a very good partnership despite the trading of emeka okafor etal..

Steve's transfer to the lakers is perharps the boldest yet, it makes a lot of statement about the priorities of the lakers, even though I think its a good trade I dont think its enough to challenge for the title.

By resigning with the new brooklyn nets I pray D.william's permutation and calculations about D.howard would work out else he is stuck with wallace and joe johnson, not forgetting humphries, I would love to see that trade happen, brooklyn as a city deserves better players and a strong team, cos when the seasom commences that's going to be a loud arena.

Its a dicey situation with jeremy lin and the knicks, they just signed jason kidd and lin has just agreed to a 4yr deal with the rockets, except the $26 million is matched by th knicks, I think linsanity might just be heading to the city of houston.

And as for my team, resigning K.G is the best thing, he represenys the true spirit of the celtics,i just wish allen th best of luck if he decides to team up with the heats, am satisfied with our picks at the drafts and hoping J.green and bradley get fit and ready for the new season with the addition of terry.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ray Allen!!! angry angry
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 08, 2012
davidif: Exposed did you watch him in the Laker's and the San Antonio series? he really gave us that third scoring option that we needed to get all the way. Agreed, he didn't get going offensively against the Heat except f9r Game 2 where he had 21 pts from 7-11 shooting, but let's not forget, he was a big reason why we got to the finals. I would say not bad for a player in his third year in the league.

Now having said all that, boy, did we miss Jeff Green in this series, he would have really helped us a lot but hey who are we kidding? if we didn't make that trade for Perkins, there is no way we make it past Dallas and the Lakers this year.

Either way, let's hope we can keep this team for one more season and try to make another run for the championship before Ibaka and Harden become free agents.

Lakers and Spurs have Horrible perimeter defense compared to the Heat...

The Heat exposed him, Harden has no midrange game and no right hand.....close out on him up tight and run him off the three point line to his right, and he becomes an ordinary bum.

Wade,Chalmers,LBJ,Shane perimeter D are Light Years ahead of the likes of Sessions,Kobe(at this stage of career)

@Rolan17, Ray Allen signing with tha heat is a straight dyyck riding move...Boston offered him more money

Could have taken 12 million from boston and stayed Loyal

but he took 3 million from Miami and chose to be a dyyck ridah

Lin is going back to the knicks, they are going to match the offer,The Kid is OverRATED as Hell though

30$ million For a kid who only played 12 decent games...

#OnlyCauseHeChinese

Tv Ratings, Merchandise
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 08, 2012
Lakers city in the house..

With Steve Nash on the team, the sky is the limit..

Just two more role players, and we should be set for the NBA finals next year.

The black mamba is still the best! cool
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:05am On Jul 08, 2012
{{{~~Lakers~~}}}
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 3:16am On Jul 08, 2012
Purple and gold.. cool
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2012
shymmex: Lakers city in the house..

With Steve Nash on the team, the sky is the limit..

Just two more role players, and we should be set for the NBA finals next year.

The black mamba is still the best! cool

It doesn't matter either way whether they get Steve Nash or not, Westbrooke would destroy Steve Nash. If you are going to get better, you have to get players better than the team that beat you or simply get more creative. I know that Nash gives the Lakers a different offensive dimension (he can play the pick and roll with Gasol which we at times struggled to defend) but how is Nash who has never been known for his defense going to go against guards like Westy or Harden?

~Royal~:

Lakers and Spurs have Horrible perimeter defense compared to the Heat...

The Heat exposed him, Harden has no midrange game and no right hand.....close out on him up tight and run him off the three point line to his right, and he becomes an ordinary bum.

Wade,Chalmers,LBJ,Shane perimeter D are Light Years ahead of the likes of Sessions,Kobe(at this stage of career)

But Harden had some good looks but he just wasn't getting them in, especially that layup that would have tied the game in i think game 4. The truth of the matter is that we can't play zone, we rely on our athleticism and that's one of the reasons we couldn't stop this Miami team. Maybe if we played the 2-3 zone that Dallas played against the Heat we could have won. That's why i believe that if the Heat had faced the Spurs, the Spurs could have won the series.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 10, 2012
I felt the Spurs could have beaten them also.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2012
Boy, i am absolutely STUNNED shocked by this video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/27sg71i3kXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 8:08am On Jul 12, 2012
Boy, i am absolutely STUNNED shocked by this video. I guess there is still hope for humanity then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27sg71i3kXs&feature=related
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2012
D.Williams is in a big shit for a very long time, his calculations about D.Howard did not work out like i predicted, the Cavs bowed out of the deal and i don't see Brooklyn Nets going for howard anymore after resigning brooks Lopez cos of the salary cap for the nets..
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2012
D.Will will be just fine, Brooklyn won't have any trouble Attracting New Stars

Howard is OverRated anyway....Plus coming off Back Surgery.

Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2012
Elton Brand,Chris Kaman and Darren Collison all short-term deals and not much to jump for joy for if you are a Mavs fan (Brand and Kaman can be good if they are healthy)

~Royal~:

Goodluck with D.Will trying to win a ring with Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace/

@Davidif
Scottie Brooks is a big reason why the Thunder lost in my opinion! He made absolutely zero adjustments in 5 NBA Finals games both defensively and offensively and that was kinda disappointing.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 9:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
~Royal~:

Your statement about D.Howard is definitely very poor, i hope u look beyond hate, howard is the best Center left in the league and as for D.Williams i can hear the sound of cries from his heart.. he knows he made a big mistake and calculated poorly, cos Brooklyn would not be different from NJ Nets with Wallace and J.Johnson who is an underperformer for the level of skill he has got.

Howard was the missing piece they desperately needed, or are u going to compare the resigned Brook Lopez to D.Howard?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2012
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2012
A-40:

@Davidif
Scottie Brooks is a big reason why the Thunder lost in my opinion! He made absolutely zero adjustments in 5 NBA Finals games both defensively and offensively and that was kinda disappointing.

I have to admit that you are right, it was clear that OKC was the more talented team and yet we lost in 5.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 16, 2012
More Talented Team?....
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2012
~Royal~:
More Talented Team?....

Even Magic said it.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2012
Magic is a delusional fat man whose brain is fried off Hiv Cocktail medications....

Yo that old Marbury Kg Display pic is hot....I miss Starbury and Young Garnett....smh Classik
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by nbashoping: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2012
First round 3 + 11 years BangYan show sign for batu's difficult? Or personal co-workers

ESPN, Minnesota limited pursue freedom for players Nicholas batu's and hard work, they would send out three future first-round draft picks in 2011 and the BangYan show little striker Derek Williams.sale nba jerseys:cheap nfl jerseys,
cheap nhl jerseys,
cheap mlb jerseys,
Cheap NBA Hats,
Cheap MLB Hats,
Cheap NFL Hats,
cheap NBA Throwback Jerseys,
Cheap NBA Jerseys
Minnesota had to Tim batu out a four years and $46.4 million bid, but the blazers said they will match any offers, now the timberwolves tend to through the sign-and-trade, they don't want to offer was Portland matching and miss France teenager.
It is reported, batu last winter's captain has initiation, when the blazers want to renew his contract in advance, and the result is not met. After the forest Wolf once want to draw in bull three party transactions, the result was the blazers rejected.nba jerseys sale:nba basketball shoes,
NBA Throwback Jerseys
Cheap NBA Jerseys
At present the wolves have and the trail blazers has carried on many times the negotiations, but did not eliminate differences, even the negotiations are part of the problem.
In 2010, on the eve of the draft, the blazers will striker Webster traded to Minnesota, for the exchange of Ryan-gomez and the 16 th rookie Luke babbit. But Webster was there back injuries, but the blazers and not before trading told in Minnesota, since both sides have come into conflict, and have not been resolved.nfl jerseys store:Cheap NBA Throwback Jerseys,
cheap nba jerseys,
cheap nhl jerseys.
cheap mlb jerseys,
cheap nfl jerseys
The local time on Friday, Minnesota has laid off Webster to make space for batu's salary, meanwhile, the former players-and the Portland trail blazers brandon Roy forest Wolf reached an agreement, Roy will return in Minnesota, then both parties have reached a 2 year 10 million agreement. According to sources said the blazers boss Paul Allen think the wolves is in to resist him, it's difficult trading in batu the wolves.Vibram Fivefingers sale:Vibram Fivefingers Sprint
Vibram Fivefingers Classic
Vibram FiveFingers TrekSport
Vibram Fivefingers KSO
Vibram Five fingers sale
But there is a source said, Minnesota's pursuit of Roy and batu has nothing to do with a personal enemy, more is not in order to recover the trading loss at Webster, and even Roy chose not to Minnesota, he also can choose other team.nike Store:cheap nike air max,nike air max 2012,
Nike Free Run
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Roland17(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
The unanticipated end of Linsanity in the big apple has come, over to houston now.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
Roland17: The unanticipated end of Linsanity in the big apple has come, over to houston now.

So they are stuck with Boom Dizzle and Jason Kidd who turns 40 next year! Fantastic

davidif:

I have to admit that you are right, it was clear that OKC was the more talented team and yet we lost in 5.
Well it was hard to notice that in the finals. I saw only 3 players that could generate their own offence Harden,Durant and Westbrook
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 19, 2012
The Linsanity situation got really bitter and Ugly....

Lin was offered a 3 year 19million$ dollar contract at first by the rockets...he took that back to the knicks..

New York said they would match it...

Then Lin being the smart Harvard Man that he is...went back to the Rockets and asked for more money....

The Rockets then offered him a 3 year 24million$ deal with the 3rd year having a poison pill of 14.5$million that would cause the knicks to pay a huge luxury tax....

James Dolan(Knicks owner) is a bitter stubborn spoiled rich child...and he got upset at Lin for doing that...he felt New York made Lin and that Lin betrayed him.

..Personally i feel Lin did not want to go back to New York...and play with the immortal ball stopper carmelo and that garbage offensive system....

Lin will flourish in Houston..the kid is smart [/b]and made the [b]Right Decision

#HarvardMind
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 9:46am On Jul 20, 2012
A-40:

Well it was hard to notice that in the finals. I saw only 3 players that could generate their own offence Harden,Durant and Westbrook

Well besides LeBron and Wade (Bosh was really banged up) who else in the Miami's starting 5 can you put up with ours. We have probably the best two defenders of the rim in Ibaka and Perkins and an incredible perimeter defender is Thabo Sefolosha, who does Miami have? Haslem? and we also have the most athletic team in the NBA but it seems that Scott Brooks keeps holding this team back, the man doesn't seem to be able to make adjustments. In the San Antonio series, it took him almost two games to realize that Westy can't stop Tony Parker, it wasn't until he put Sefolosha on TP that we won the series.

Did you see Westbrook's atrocious performance in Game 2? I know if you look at the stats, he scored 20 something points but his play really killed us in the finals. Scottie Brooks seemed to tell him to keep shooting and Westy kept jacking up ill advised shot after shot. SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL THAT BOY THAT HE IS A POINT GUARD AND NOT A SHOOTING GUARD angry angry angry His job was to give the ball to our best player which he failed to do time and time again. KD is the best scorer in the NBA and there was several stretches in the series where Westy wouldn't give him the ball and it was sooooooooooo annoying. Maybe we should trade him for a true PG like Deron, Rondo, or Chris Paul.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 20, 2012
Trade WestBrook?....Westbrook played like a Warrior what finals were you watching.

Durant played soft. Couldn't guard nobody...Even Mario Chalmers dropped 25 on him the game they switched him off of Lebron.

WestBrook=More Heart than Durant.
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
davidif:

Well besides LeBron and Wade (Bosh was really banged up) who else in the Miami's starting 5 can you put up with ours. We have probably the best two defenders of the rim in Ibaka and Perkins and an incredible perimeter defender is Thabo Sefolosha, who does Miami have? Haslem? and we also have the most athletic team in the NBA but it seems that Scott Brooks keeps holding this team back, the man doesn't seem to be able to make adjustments. In the San Antonio series, it took him almost two games to realize that Westy can't stop Tony Parker, it wasn't until he put Sefolosha on TP that we won the series.

Did you see Westbrook's atrocious performance in Game 2? I know if you look at the stats, he scored 20 something points but his play really killed us in the finals. Scottie Brooks seemed to tell him to keep shooting and Westy kept jacking up ill advised shot after shot. SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL THAT BOY THAT HE IS A POINT GUARD AND NOT A SHOOTING GUARD angry angry angry His job was to give the ball to our best player which he failed to do time and time again. KD is the best scorer in the NBA and there was several stretches in the series where Westy wouldn't give him the ball and it was sooooooooooo annoying. Maybe we should trade him for a true PG like Deron, Rondo, or Chris Paul.

Yeah but he still offered more offensively than anybody not named Durant or Westbrook. Do you realize 3 of your starting 5 are essentially useless offensively?? Even defensively Ibaka and Perkins rebounded poorly. The truth is the Heat match up very well with you guys or didnt you see your head to head records prior to the Finals?? Plus they simply killed y'all with the three ball! Role players stepped up when it was required

I agree to an extent but it was actually James Harden that finished you guys and i was at a loss as to why y'all did not start him in any of the games epecially since it was obvious that the team always started slow and here was also someone that was struggling for offense. Its not Westbrook's fault that he had to take so many shots. Sefolosha,Ibaka,Perkins are hardly scorers so what other option did he have?? The truth is everyone in that Thunder team coulda done a little more. I know you are trying to play Monday morning quarterback but trading Westbrook is not the best move in my opinion! He is younger than all the guys you listed and has tremendous upside

~Royal~:
Trade WestBrook?....Westbrook played like a Warrior what finals were you watching.

Durant played soft. Couldn't guard nobody...Even Mario Chalmers dropped 25 on him the game they switched him off of Lebron.

WestBrook=More Heart than Durant.
You are a tiresome fellow! He played soft and yet led the Series in fouls?
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by A40(m): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
~Royal~:
The Linsanity situation got really bitter and Ugly....

Lin was offered a 3 year 19million$ dollar contract at first by the rockets...he took that back to the knicks..

New York said they would match it...

Then Lin being the smart Harvard Man that he is...went back to the Rockets and asked for more money....

The Rockets then offered him a 3 year 24million$ deal with the 3rd year having a poison pill of 14.5$million that would cause the knicks to pay a huge luxury tax....

James Dolan(Knicks owner) is a bitter stubborn spoiled rich child...and he got upset at Lin for doing that...he felt New York made Lin and that Lin betrayed him.

..Personally i feel Lin did not want to go back to New York...and play with the immortal ball stopper carmelo and that garbage offensive system....

Lin will flourish in Houston..the kid is smart [/b]and made the [b]Right Decision

#HarvardMind

Even Phil Jackson saw how messed up the setup was there and refused to take em up on their offer. He called them clumsy thats how bad they can look sometimes

Amare = Big man no D

Melo = Lord of the ISO

Somehow you dont see the Knicks getting out of the hump anytime soon

As a Mavs fan though you gotta be pleased with the O.J Mayo deal. 8.5 mil for 2 years it seems Mark Cuban has started wising up
Re: NBA. . . Represent Your Team by davidif: 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
A-40:

Yeah but he still offered more offensively than anybody not named Durant or Westbrook. Do you realize 3 of your starting 5 are essentially useless offensively?? Even defensively Ibaka and Perkins rebounded poorly. The truth is the Heat match up very well with you guys or didnt you see your head to head records prior to the Finals?? Plus they simply killed y'all with the three ball! Role players stepped up when it was required

I agree to an extent but it was actually James Harden that finished you guys and i was at a loss as to why y'all did not start him in any of the games epecially since it was obvious that the team always started slow and here was also someone that was struggling for offense. Its not Westbrook's fault that he had to take so many shots. Sefolosha,Ibaka,Perkins are hardly scorers so what other option did he have?? The truth is everyone in that Thunder team coulda done a little more. I know you are trying to play Monday morning quarterback but trading Westbrook is not the best move in my opinion! He is younger than all the guys you listed and has tremendous upside

Nooooooooo, you don't get it. A lot of people don't think that Westy would ever develop his decision making like the top tier point guards in the league afterall the guy was a shooting back in UCLA. If we had Rondo who is probably the best pure point in the league but not a scorer or as athletic, he would make our team much better and he would know how to find Durant and he would get the best out of Harden and not jacking up ill advised shots.

Finally, can someone please explain to me WHY WE DIDN'T PLAY ZONE angry angry angry angry angry angry Dallas was able to stop Miami last year because of its zone but for some reason known to Scott Brooks we couldn't make the necessary adjustments. Truth of the matter is that when it comes to overall team athleticism, the Heat can't match us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Trip: Messi Apologises To Club, Teammates / ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! / Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.