Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,089 members, 7,939,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:59 AM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (200712 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Iyabetajos(f): 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
Favouredgal i don warn myself ohh.my dear dunno if i can continue with dis metformin.am takin 2000mg n its really makin me sick dis days so tay mumsi say make i do pt
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twingirls: 12:00am On Jun 13, 2013
Weldone all! Make i post food 1st, I'm having serious backache.
Yesterday
Breakfast- half yam + egg+ green tea

Lunch- indomine (sorry no other food ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ house)
Dinner- green tea + 2 slices wheat bread
Snack on tigernut
Today
Breakfast - 1 slice of yam
Lunch- a small moinmoin
Dinner- pineapple, greentea + a slice of wheat bread

Snack on tigernut
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by muma(f): 2:32am On Jun 13, 2013
Wonderful mummies, na work no allow me come dis thread Oo°˚˚˚°! , i being D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ busy no be small but A̶̲̥̅♏ a bit free now. Favoured girl ΩεІςφ♏ε back . Iyabeta thanks for checking  me.

Updates ; yesterday
Breakfast; okpa
Lunch: nothing
Dinner; corn ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ coconut (boiled one )
Fruits; none, i forgot to eat.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 7:02am On Jun 13, 2013
thanks muma

@ Iyabetajos, iv abandoned my own metformin for a month now, one night i couldnt sleep at all, it was like my navel was being squeezed, plus i was on 1500mg and it made no difference to my period, infact i had 40 days, 42 days and 45 days cycle...maybe i should have gone up to 2,000 sha
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Iyabetajos(f): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2013
muma
glad u r less busy now.
@twingalz i for vex say u chop indomie bt for nw u r permitted.j
dnt give up now.my pregnacy dat ended in stillbirth ehhn,i didnt see bfp
on strip until 13weeks.maybe he was a shy foetus.just b patient
Favouredgal i don tire.have been takin met for long now bt it has
neva induced af ooh.i have been throwin up since yesterday.today am
purgin on top of it all.cant seem to take anythin except water n oranges
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 10:00am On Jun 13, 2013
My dears,weightloss isnt an easy task,but believe me with a little extra fun play,losing weight will become a hobby,add some fun twist and do the usual things the unsual way.its very difficult completely cutting of carb and sticking to a crazy diet plan,i have an easy 4step diet plan for you that works like magic,first drink ice cold water,this is believed to help you burn more calories as the body would do more work tring to bring the very cold water from 0degree to normal body temp.37degrees,offcourse you ve lost some calories there,drink atleast 8glasses or more,second step is take at least 3packs of fat free yogourt daily,its also claimed that 3packs of fat free yogourt daily in three months would lead to 62percent fat loss and 22percent weight loss.third step is apple,take atleast 6 to 8 apples(red)daily during the period of weight loss,we all know apple has high fibre,high water content and vitamin c,it rids the body of excess water(which adds to our body weight)and also cleasnses the colon because of its fiber content(it also gives a feeling of fullness)the fourth step is zero calorie beverages,this product is a bit tricky,but works like magic,i will suggest you buy from big malls like shoprite etc,ask for zero calorie beverage,this drink will alleviate the guilt of drinking soda.you can drink as much as 2 or 3cans daily.note:check the calorie content b4 purchasing,i prefer sans,it does the magic when combined with the other items mensioned above.you may call me if you need any further explanation +2348064031829,you know what you want,hold on to this diet and in as little as 3months you will look super fabulous.i cheated sometimes,hahaha,it wasnt too bad,am back on it once again,hope to start by monday,if yu care to join me,let me know,lets hold hands and achieve a great body.all best beautiful ladies.cheerz
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by jadareese: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2013
@iyabetajos i tot was d only one who had bad rxns τ̅☺ metf.mine was S̶̲̥̅☺ bad dt i was on d bed wt bfp symptoms for almost 3weeks.i told ♍γ̲̣̣̥ dr  wasn't takin Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ anymore,more S̶̲̥̅☺ after test came out -ve.hence ♍γ̲̣̣̥ reason for dieting and seeking alternative therapies.@twingirls keep faith my sista don't let d strip dissuade u.m presently having d same symptoms u complained ☀̤̣̈̇f and 'm fervently praying its goin τ̅☺ be a +ve(though ♍γ̲̣̣̥ MP is supposed τ̅☺ be 5days time). S̶̲̥̅☺ let's keep faith dt our bfp's jus arnd d corner.Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ is well wt us all.♍γ̲̣̣̥ log for yest,lunch- roasted corn/coconut/ watermelon, dinner-little eba wt plenty egusi soup(d soup was more or less d dinner cos  love me som Ǧ☺☺ϑ soup).and emm..had a midnyt snack ☀̤̣̈̇f cornflakes n soya n honey. Dis morn,brkfst- moi moi/water
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by jadareese: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2013
@honiepie,  really hope dis ur tip is as easy as it sounds. Lookin forward τ̅☺ d tryn Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ out
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
@jadaress,you will take me on a cruise ride to hill gate hotel by the time yu are done,trust me,it works,just stick to it,when do yu intend to start,hope to read your daily update,its a 3mnths plan,you will look awesome by the time you are done,let me not lose yu out,keep us posted.happy loosing.cheerz,honiepie
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by mercifull(f): 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Glad ı found thıs thread.ı was usually very actıve but when ı stsrted TTC ı became somehow ınactıve.when ı got marrıed ı was weıgjıng 71kg,last yr ı realısed ı haf added so much weıght-85kg.ı started aerobıcs whıch ı dıd for 2 months 6 days ın a week for 1hr per day.ı was eatıng normally though,lost 8kg.DH decıded ı shd stop exercısıng cos someone told hım ıt dellays TTC,after much argument,ı gave ın.5 months later,ı weıgh 80kg.I want to go back to my aerobıcs cos ıt really helps me start my day early n feel lıght n flexıble.Is ıt true thet exercıse wıll stop me from concıevıng?or make me ve early mıscArrıage (ıf ı'm not aware ı'm pregnant yet)?pls ı need answersThıs aerobıcs really works for me.t
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
@jadaress,just for the mension,pls go online and findout what the weight expert gurus are saying about weightloss and ice cold water,fat free yogourt,zero calorie sans beverage and apple in relation to steady weightloss.take particular notice of what they said about FAT FREE yogourt.i will advice you take pictures(front and side view)before starting.pls try not to cheat atleast in the first few weeks,stick on it,write down your start off weight and weigh every morning after visiting the loo,i mean before you start the new days diet routine.txt or call me if you have difficulty.once i achieve my goal,i hope to encourage 5weight watchers by providing free one month supplies of this items for them as an act of charity,i hope they too will be a source of encouragement and support for others.all the best.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
@mercifull

i dont think exercise will prevent you from conceiving. I personally noticed even before TTC that exercise makes my cycle longer, that and stress of any kind, change of environment, etc..i think it has something to do with PCOS & DHEA

so personally i have stopped exercising but people say exercising, weight loss, etc is gd for TTTC so i will say, if it doesnt affect your cycle, then you are good to go
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Breakfast: oat biscuits
Lunch: Boiled plantain & Banga & Fish

Dinner: Nothing (hopefully)
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twingirls: 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
Honey pie, I'm so so interested I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dis ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ strategy, i want I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ , wen do we start? Wat do we do?

Jade a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ Iyabetajos, my fingers are crossed, i plan to test again 2morro, iv not passed 29 days I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ like a year now, always been 28/ 29, 2day is 29 a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ nothing, hmnnnnnnn!

Breakfast- Moinmoin a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ dh leftover oaths
Lunch_- moinmoin
Dinner- moinmoin a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ fish
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twingirls: 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
Jade, dis shld answer ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ question to some extent

Though studies show that there have been no negative fetal side effects for babies born to mothers that took diet pills during conception, experts agree that you should avoid doing so. As a general rule, you should really avoid anything during conception that is not approved for pregnancy so that you don’t accidentally affect the pregnancy when it begins. Many studies do show that diet pills can have a negative effect on pregnancy because of the high levels of caffeine that they contain. In addition to the unsafe chemicals contained in diet pills, they are also unsafe because rapid weight loss during pregnancy is unsafe no matter how it’s achieved. Unless you are obese during pregnancy, you should be gaining weight as your baby grows, and you should be eating enough food to satisfy yourself and your baby’s needs. Diet pills will counteract the natural weight gain and nutrition that you need to help your growing baby develop fully before delivery.

If you are taking diet pills and you’re thinking of becoming pregnant, it’s time to stop taking them and talk to your doctor about a diet plan that will help you loose weight just as easily. In case you become pregnancy and don’t realize it before you stop taking your pills, it’s best to move on and adopt a healthier lifestyle. Should you become pregnant while taking diet pills, your baby might experience seriously negative birth defects that could affect him or her for the rest of his life. With a good plan of diet and exercise, you can loose weight the healthy way and build habits that will help your baby grow fully and naturally.

Source: Lucina Suarez et al: Dieting to Lose Weight and Occurrence of Neural Tube Defects in Offspring of Mexican-American Women. Maternal and Child Health Journal Volume 16 Issue 4 pp. 844-849 May 2012
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
@twingal lets start on monday,lets try nd be seriou,sincere and as strict as possible with d plan(diet).check yur current weight a night b4 yu start last fin to bed,then start d next morning,record your weight so yu dont get confused,pls remember the yogourt must be fat and sugar free,same as d diet beverage,i prefer sans,but you could get anyother thats equally as gud,it must be zero calorie and sugar,all these must be taken real cold,0degress,that includes the water too,the reason is this,taking very cold products gives your body lots of work to bring to normal body temperature 36 to 37 degrees,so this way yu are naturally burning more calories without doin any work.with this plan after 3mnths you are xpected to have lost as much as 62persent of your total body fat and 22persent of your start off weight.remember your apple too,preferable red,it will help rid d body of excess water which yu find in yur mid region,under skin lik on the thigh,bum,arms,face etc.its also a gud source of fibre and vitamin c,yu cud reduce d quantity of apple if u wish and incress the yogourt to 5 daily.but make sure yu r withinn 500cals daily.you will feel incredibly good,clear,beautiful complexsion,tonned body nd skin,drink as much as 8 or more glasses of ice cold water daily,and come out in three months with a celebrity body.pls check my claims online and findout what the fitness gurus and expert have to say about these products i mentioned in relation to weight loss.cheers dear.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by mercifull(f): 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
@favouredgal thanks.Exercıse does not affect my cycles at all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Iyabetajos(f): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
my beta sisters hw una day.hope we r all fyn.twingalz i am patiently n positively waitin.I go join dis diet plan oh bt first i have to look for fat free yoghurt cos i dunno if i have ever seen it.my log yesterday breakfast-greentea n oranges .lunch-oranges.dinner -fish peppersoup with apple.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hello peepz,hope everyone is doing great?i got a fews calls nd texts regarding the diet plan.@iyabetajos,you can get fat free yogourt in big suppermarkets like shoprite etc,some people said they would start today,pls kip up with yur daily routine here i believe it will encourage us too,someone sent an enquiry on HCG drops(sublingual,under tongue)hcg drops for weightloss is awesome,it gives a boost to the female hormone has no known adverse effect on ones health,its claimed dat you lose 1pound daily or more according to a celebrity company in US that markets it(intermountainHCG)you could check their website for more details.i prefare to go with the readily available items(water,yogourt,sans,apple)its also an amazing combination since i cant get the HCG drops at this moment.all the best.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Iyabetajos(f): 5:15am On Jun 15, 2013
my log yesterday.
Brakfast-smoothie n cucumber
Lunch-lots of mangoes n cous cous
Dinner-ewedu with amala.went to d gym
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2013
Hallo sisters,
I just came across this weightloss website frm skintalk.com and rembered u guys, so I deccided to share it here.
The weightloss website is www.nowloss.com. Though its nt a naija website but I find it very useful.
Frm weightloss, to having more curves, to shaping breasts and hips etc.
One love.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twingirls: 12:21am On Jun 16, 2013
Yesterday
Breakfast- greentea + apple
Lunch- moinmoin
Dinner- eforiro a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ 2 slices of wheat bread

Today
Breakfast- greentea
Lunch- wheat flour + afang
Dinner- small ofada rice

Honeyie, my sis  ready gimme list lemme go get stuffs  need

Iyabetajos- no worry, we shaLl Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ find

Mercilicous, tanks D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ go check now
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hello ladies,how is everyone doing,twingal and iyabetajos,has any of you started the programe,pls update us.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twingirls: 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
Honeyie, I'm stil waiting ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ directions frm you na! I don't even know wat  need, wh fat free milk wil U̶̲̥̅̊ recomend? Is marvel or dano slim к̲̣̣̥? Wat brand of low fat yogurt shld i go ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ ? How do i do it? Wil  2 start 2moro

Today meal
Breakfast- moinmoin
Mid morn- sandwiched bread (2 slices)
Lunch- jollof, fried rice a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ chicken (small o)
Dinner- 4 puffpuff

Snack- tigernut (plenty)
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Iyabetajos(f): 7:01am On Jun 17, 2013
my sisters sorry oh i no know wetin i do.dem no gree me post.
honeypie i neva start oh.i don get d milk,apples bt na d fatfree yoghurt remain.i no c am ohh.
@twingalz,hw go dey go?no just worry urselfvictory is sure,we r almost dere .Bt if i catch u dey chop puff puff again ehhn.
Favouredgal,it is well wit u.favour shall locate u dis morning dear.post my logzzzzzzzz later
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hi dearies iyabetajos and twin gal,sorry i dint respond on time,have yu checked shoprite for the fat free yogourt?i believe it should be there.anyway,am kick starting with a 300 calorie diet,one finger banana for breakfast,one orange for lunch and an apple for dinner,i intend to be on this 300calorie diet for a week to prepare my system for the other diet,my cousin who started with this 300diet for a week before moving onto the other diet which is 500 calories is doin super well,she has lost soooooo much weight in 2weeks,pls remember to drink ice cold water between 8 and 12 glasses a day that is 8oz glass through out your diet period.it is very important to speak with your doctor before embarking on any weightloss regimen.i advice you go online to verify my claims.pls update us daily on yur daily weightloss experiences.check yur weight b4 startin,if possible take a side nd front view shot of urself,weigh only in the mornings after visiting the loo,just before u start d new days diet.record ur daily weight readings,lets see who would lose the most,hahaha no cheating ooooo.cheerz
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twingirls: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
Honeyie, yeeeeeeh! One banana, one orange a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ one apple? Lailai, ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ a whole day? Hmnnnnn! U̶̲̥̅̊ scared me but i wil try sha!

Iyabetajos, wh milk did U̶̲̥̅̊ buy? Is it marvel? I neva get fatfree yogurt o, wil check shorite 2morrow

Favouredgal, howdy na, show face o

Yesterday
Breakfast- moinmoin
Lunch- a packet of plantain chips
Dinner- moinmoin

Snacked on tigernut

Today
Brekfast- yam porridge(small + plenty ugu stew
Lunch- a packet of lantain chips
Dinner- quinoa + ugu stew
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Iyabetajos(f): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Twingals i got danoslim ohh.nt started yet.so much happenin to me
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 10:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
Yay, read on the ivf thread that our weight loss sister Tisha is 7 weeks pregnant. After 10 yrs of ttc congrats babe

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
@ all...i bought the fat free youhurt from park and shop and dint like it. No surprises though..im not a youghurt / icecream person.

Since i started this weightloss journey...iv bn on dano slim instead of full milk...again not really a milk fan but i ise it for cereal which is gd for weight loss because of the high fibre content

Breakfast@: cereal and dano slim
Lunch: peppersoup goatmeat
Dinner: nothing

Starting this wknd im going off fish and meat for two weeks. Im trying to my beans alone diet again

Goodnight ladies
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Iyabetajos(f): 6:32am On Jun 20, 2013
yes ohh Favouredgal.saw dat too.
Ticha congrats once more.
i've nt been posting my log cos am emotionally down,n been really sick off n on.also at loggerheads wit my bobori.i wil cm around soon sha
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
Hahaha @ twingal,yu make me laugh out loud,believe me dear,its not easy at all,bt its awesome if u can stay on it tru d one week.i have a banker cousin whoes bn on it,hers is kind of easy 4 her,maybe because she stays bizy at work nd away frm food all day,comes home tired,showers nd sleeps off.am strugglin wit mine too,but if its too hard,try brown rice,white lean meat or fish,prepare ur sause with canola oil or coconut oil,eat lots of string beans(akidi)black beans,prefarably eat one meal a day with with two fruit or vegetable juice for the other two meals.dnt ever miss yogourt with ur every meal (weda food or juice)take ur yogourt 3times at least daily,it speeds up weight loss,u can also drink tomato juice(a glass 8oz)once or twice daily.NB,all liquid must be chilled b4 drinkin.pls DANO milk should nt b substituted 4 fat free yogourt,shoprite has all flavours of fat free yogourt,500g is 1200naira.cheerz dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.