Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,590 members, 7,926,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 09:12 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11088918 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (19803) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:05am On Sep 20, 2012
How you guys have the patience to argue with Dayo beats my imagination.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:25am On Sep 20, 2012
The boy Oscar really locked down pirlo. Outhustled him and rendered him less of a factor. Apart from the goals his work ethic was encouraging. Always like attacking midfielders that hustle. Hazard is hustling small small as well but Mata needs to stop acting scared
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 12:34am On Sep 20, 2012
coogar: buhahahaha - coming from a twerp that said no striker @ the age of 22 has won a tournament or cup competition - i find the above comment absolutely ironic!

Show us one country or club who won a tournament with a 22yr old main striker.

Put up or shut up.

No be today I don dey school you on football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 12:35am On Sep 20, 2012
nateevs: How you guys have the patience to argue with Dayo beats my imagination.

How about backing your own arguments with FACTS.

everyone ese on the field was to blame even those not on the field except Failure Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:44am On Sep 20, 2012
Ibime: The boy Oscar really locked down pirlo. Outhustled him and rendered him less of a factor. Apart from the goals his work ethic was encouraging. Always like attacking midfielders that hustle. Hazard is hustling small small as well but Mata needs to stop acting scared

Using Oscar's hustling abilities was a brilliant tactical move by RDM.
Also the whole team was trying to press up the pitch and win balls.
I don't have the stats but I think the match must have one of the highest number of collective interceptions
There are a lot of positives to take from the game.

The negatives, Ramires and still no Moses, Marin or Sturridge start.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:45am On Sep 20, 2012
dayokanu:

How about backing your own arguments with FACTS.

everyone ese on the field was to blame even those not on the field except Failure Torres

What do you want me to blame Torres for?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:55am On Sep 20, 2012
dayokanu:
Show us one country or club who won a tournament with a 22yr old main striker.

how old was pele in 1958/62 world cup he won for brazil?
how old was rooney when he won the champions league in 2008?
how old was messi when he won the champions league in 2009?
how old was fat ronaldo when he won copa america in 2007?

your idiocy in micro watts would solve all electricity problems in 3rd world nations!

Put up or shut up.
No be today I don dey school you on football

with the number of times i have mopped the toilet floor with your ogbomosho face, i deserve a nobel prize. get back to me on messi/rooney winning the biggest prize in football @ 22!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:22am On Sep 20, 2012
coogar:

how old was pele in 1958/62 world cup he won for brazil?
how old was rooney when he won the champions league in 2008?
how old was messi when he won the champions league in 2009?
how old was fat ronaldo when he won copa america in 2007?
your idiocy in micro watts would solve all electricity problems in 3rd world nations!!

1 Pele was not the main striker for Brazil in 1958
2 Rooney was 23yrs in 2008
3. Messi was not the top striker in Barcelona 2009, Etoo was.

More schooling?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:26am On Sep 20, 2012
Once again the question and relate your response to it

dayokanu:
Younger and inexperienced attackers are preferred? By whom if I may ask?

Name any country who has won the World cup starting with an inexperienced striker or less than 22..

How many countries have won the Euro cup starting with a striker less than inexperienced striker or striker less than 22.

How many teams have won the Champions league starting with an inexperienced striker or young striker less than 22.

You are a saphead for even spewing such rubbish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:34am On Sep 20, 2012
dayokanu:
1 Pele was not the main striker for Brazil in 1958

who was the main striker if pele wasn't? look at this tool!

2 Rooney was 23yrs in 2008

you are a troglodyte!
so a child born in october 1985 was 23 in may 2008? bloody hell!

3. Messi was not the top striker in Barcelona 2009, Etoo was.
More schooling?

this was the season guardiola moved messi centrally - one of the reasons etoo fell out with guardiola. etoo moved right, henry moved left. messi won the golden boot in the champions league that season and scored 38 goals from the centre forward position @ the age of 21
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mustay(m): 7:30am On Sep 20, 2012
That 2ng goal from Oscar. . .it's worthy of the Oscars. That dude can twist and turn, na Samba him dey dance for Brazil?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 20, 2012
nateevs:

What do you want me to blame Torres for?

A lot. Dude is useless on the field.
He can't score goals, can't assist, can't hold the ball, can't even win freekicks and penalties (at least Drogba's diving usually led to us getting freekicks).

I can't understand why the club doesn't want to count it's loses.
This guy is a failure and will never amount to anything fruitful.

Meanwhile, why does RDM keep playing Bertrand?
Not that Juve had any winger that was giving Ashley problems.

I hope the man knows what he is doing.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2012
Ibime:

You and your online friends have no clue. The greatest decision RDM ever made, which was key to all our success last season was moving Ramires out wide. Ramires has never been a central midfielder, and does not have the slightest iota how to play that position, especially not in a midfield two. Ma gripe is with Emenalo who signed all these wingers perhaps thinking of Ramires as a central midfielder. Ramires shoulda been sold for top-dollar (£25m+) if Emenalo wanted to sign so many wingers.

Average passes per game last season shows Ramires is not in any way a credible central midfielder:

Dribbling stats however show his best position as he made more dribbles than anyone per game.

IB u're really tryin' to make a sensible point and ya Stats are Genuinely Correct but HEY! All that were Last Season, Ramy is Prolly a shadow of his true self tis season so far.
Our Right side of attack seem to be Dead Jxt cos the dude aint devourin' those Lbs - He's got pace that i know but keeps running outta ideas when faced by a def, key Reason he had to be Subed in the Reading, QpR [moved to CM] and Yet Juve games.
Tellin' displays ve seen frm him so far, aint Jxt encouraging, Moses Only had few mins to show him how itz been done against a vulnerable Bosingwa at the weekend.

One Big Reason Nateevs and I would sought for that 'flickster' kinda players - Truth Is, they never Run Outta Ideas! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:07am On Sep 20, 2012
A match we could have won though given that we played against Juventus, a draw is not that bad.
Don't know what Mr Mikel was thinking doing a Ramirez. Bench him for the next 2 matches.
Good play from Oscar. The real deal and "made" in Brazil. That second goal is off the chains!
I'm not sure Hazard's presence was felt that much - not as much as I would have wanted but true, he was more alive when Mata came on.
Lamps and Co got tired out.
And yes, we need a good striker. We don't have any at the moment. From my standpoint, its like we are playing with 10 men.

Chelsea 2 - 2 Juventus.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:42am On Sep 20, 2012
El Guapo:

IB u're really tryin' to make a sensible point and ya Stats are Genuinely Correct but HEY! All that were Last Season, Ramy is Prolly a shadow of his true self tis season so far.
Our Right side of attack seem to be Dead Jxt cos the dude aint devourin' those Lbs - He's got pace that i know but keeps running outta ideas when faced by a def, key Reason he had to be Subed in the Reading, QpR [moved to CM] and Yet Juve games.
Tellin' displays ve seen frm him so far, aint Jxt encouraging, Moses Only had few mins to show him how itz been done against a vulnerable Bosingwa at the weekend.

One Big Reason Nateevs and I would sought for that 'flickster' kinda players - Truth Is, they never Run Outta Ideas! cool

Ramires would never blend with the tricksters cos he's only good at counterattacking from deep, not when Chelsea have possession. His job in a Brazil midfield 3 (before he was discarded) was to stay on the right side and cover Dani Alves as a shuttling midfielder/auxiliary right-wing-back..

Ramires as stands has little role in the team. We have a DM who can pass brilliantly (Mikel) but is too slow to cover the counterattacks. On the other hand, we have a midfielder (Ramires) who can cover with pace and aggression but lacks basic passing ability. If Mikel loses the ball (as seen yesterday), it is highlighted by the fact that it would lead to a dangerous situation. Imagine Ramires losing the ball 9, 10 times in that position of the pitch?

Ramires shoulda been sold last summer, otherwise do not buy Azpilicueta and use Ramires as right-back. Dude is actually sick in that position as he showed against Barca.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by scottN(m): 10:20am On Sep 20, 2012
RDM shld start acting as a dynamic coach and read games as they progress.
I think he shld hv choked up d midfield a little bit more with abt 15 mins 2 go.
(He shld hv replaced torres with a DM). He shld stop waiting
till d very last minute b4 acting.
And Torres shld stop starting games. Its time 4 CFC 2 realise its loss on d purchase of Torres.
Torres can and will never peak again. Let all our fwd attacking midfielders share the
responsibility of scoring goals. Relying on Torres will only lead 2 our demise this season.
Ramires shld either improve on his passing skills or hold on to d ball like a true brazillian.
As 4 Mikel, it was rather unfortunate and 4 d umpteenth time he shld step up his game. A lot is now
expected 4rm him esp wit d departure of Merieles and Essien.
In all fairness the team performed well above standard considering the opponent they faced and our
present crop of players with respect to Champs League Football.
RDM needs 2 start acting like a coach of Champions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2012

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2012
scottN: RDM shld start acting as a dynamic coach and read games as they progress.
I think he shld hv choked up d midfield a little bit more with abt 15 mins 2 go.
(He shld hv replaced torres with a DM). He shld stop waiting
till d very last minute b4 acting.

In all fairness the team performed well above standard considering the opponent they faced and our
present crop of players with respect to Champs League Football.
RDM needs 2 start acting like a coach of Champions.

Na who give all these Chelsea fans mouth to dey yarn these days.

Some say RDM shoulda brought on another DM, another one say RDM went too defensive.

One say he shoulda brought on Moses, another say he shoulda brought on DM and take off Torres.

Can you imagine Chelsea fan who RDM gifted UCL from nowhere making statement like "RDM needs 2 start acting like a coach of Champions".

I dey laugh. Una ancestors need to start acting like coach of Champions. RDM is THE coach of Champions.

RDM pulled out more tactical irons out the fire last season than your favourite coaches. The tactics he used is what brought us the money to buy all these overload of players that everyone believes should get a chance.

The team lacks balance as I said before season start "if you like, buy Pele and Garrincha, you do not have the defensive midfield to carry them".

Meanwhile players are being bedded in, RDM is choosing the right time to unleash guys whilst balancing delicate political situations such as players tiredness, players coming back from injury, players fresh to the squad and senior mismanagement from our directors of football who think 10 wingers and no defensive midfielders or strikers is the way to win a championship. . .whilst rewarding performing players from last year like Bertrand, Mikel, Lampard and Ramires and still top of the league. . . whilst maybe Emenalo who bought these new players thinks all these over-attacking players/non-defensive entities should be on the pitch at the same time.

All these yarns na Emenalo creation

Marin for example has no business in the first team from what I'm seeing. He is not better attacking than Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Moses, and does not offer the balance of Ramires and Bertrand or even Moses.

RDM is right as rain, doing his thing cool-headedly and managing an extremely unbalanced squad that Emenalo created.

Abi why did Emenalo buy all these attacking players and failed to put a capable defensive midfielder in place to cover them? Abi na Green-White-Green issue?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
Whenever the any problems are solely caused by someone else without your favourite's involvement, I smell bootlicking from miles away.

Are we supposed to believe RDM had no input into who Chelski bought this summer (including the lack of a DM purchase) and put that all at Emenalo's feet?

If the team lacks balance then it is RDM's fault that the team lacks balance - while he may not have 100% say on player signings, if he requests a particular player it is implausible to think that request would simply be ignored. That simply suggests that he is more or less happy with the 'unbalanced' team, as at no time in the summer was Chelski linked with DMs.

As for this hyping of RDM's tactical performance last season, I'll take the actual players' comments instead - even they recognised it was simply 'Chelski's time' to win the UCL, not that they were the best team or used the best tactics.

I'm not trying to denigrate RDM's contribution by any means, but things need to be viewed in perspective.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
debosky: Whenever the any problems are solely caused by someone else without your favourite's involvement, I smell bootlicking from miles away.

Are we supposed to believe RDM had no input into who Chelski bought this summer (including the lack of a DM purchase) and put that all at Emenalo's feet?

If the team lacks balance then it is RDM's fault that the team lacks balance - while he may not have 100% say on player signings, if he requests a particular player it is implausible to think that request would simply be ignored. That simply suggests that he is more or less happy with the 'unbalanced' team, as at no time in the summer was Chelski linked with DMs.

As for this hyping of RDM's tactical performance last season, I'll take the actual players' comments instead - even they recognised it was simply 'Chelski's time' to win the UCL, not that they were the best team or used the best tactics.

I'm not trying to denigrate RDM's contribution by any means, but things need to be viewed in perspective.

rdm's tactical performance or bayern munich are rubbish? chelsea are the most undeserved winners of the champions league ever. packed the bus against barca and packed the bus against bayern! had the final been a boxing bout, the referee would have stopped the game as early as the 60th minute and declared bayern as the winner..........

yes, rdm got more out of the quack employees he inherited but that style of football should not be hailed as any tactical ingenuity. even in the real world, smash-n-grab is a criminal offence. chelsea did not win in europe out of any tactical innovation, they simply packed the van - 28% possession in both legs against barcelona is an effing disgrace to the credentials of di matteo!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
Who outplays Barca nowadays in terms of possession? WHo does't get enough men behind the ball nowadays whilst playing barca? who?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
lalaboi: Who outplays Barca nowadays in terms of possession? WHo does't get enough men behind the ball nowadays whilst playing barca? who?

28%?? 28??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
coogar:

28%?? 28??

Utd had 32% possesion in the final you lost 3-1. we had 28 and still drew 2 -2. I dont pay too much attention to the opponents possesion when it comes to barca, They are the kings when it comes to that. No one ever outplays them. Its not a biggie, stop making it look like one

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
Not only was beating Barca a gargantuan achievement with the squad we had, but some peeps are forgetting the tactical masterstroke against Napoli, shifting Ramires to the left wing against Zuniga, coming back from 3-1 to win 4-1, the tactical masterstroke against Tottenham who were demolished 5-1 and even last night the quietening of Pirlo.

Eediots like to hang unto a lacklustre performance against Bayern as evidence of "luck over tactics". They forget that we had half our first team out, no wingers except Kalou, two centre-backs who had not even trained for 6 weeks and could not break into a sprint who needed tight protection. RDM is a genius for what he achieved last season.

As for the punk claiming RDM has all the input into the squad, everyone except Oscar, Azilicueta and Moses were signed before RDM came on board and all three were in negotiation before RDM signed. RDM has no input into the squad, he is just a coach, and this is made clear by the 2 months of dithering before they gave him a contract, letting us know who is really in charge of the squad.

Emenalo thinks Ramires is some kind of God-footballer and touted him as the best thing since sliced bread and signed him to replace Ballack. In 2012, Emenalo still thinks Ramires is a central midfielder and signs a million wingers thinking that Ramires, Mikel, Romeu and Lampard is enough central cover.

Knowing RDM's tactical nature and his instinct for never giving away any opportunity (as evidenced by patching Ramires and Bertrand to provide defensive balance), RDM can never go into a season thinking that the current defensive midfielders will provide adequate cover for defence-deserters like Marin, Hazard, Torres and Mata.

So anyone chatting rubbish should pump brakes. Senior mismanagement is not a new thing in Chelsea.

My problem is with the sudden know-it-alls who populate cyberspace these days, talking all kind of stuff about RDM's tactical decisions to provide balance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ibime: Eediots like to hang unto a lacklustre performance against Bayern as evidence of "luck over tactics". They forget that we had half our first team out, no wingers except Kalou, two centre-backs who had not even trained for 6 weeks and could not break into a sprint who needed tight protection. RDM is a genius for what he achieved last season.

It was luck over tactics that got you through that game - no matter how you spin it. Yes players were injured, but that only REINFORCES the fact that Chelski were lucky to go through. Or was it tactical to play CBs who had not trained for two weeks? cheesy

As for the punk claiming RDM has all the input into the squad, everyone except Oscar, Azilicueta and Moses were signed before RDM came on board and all three were in negotiation before RDM signed. RDM has no input into the squad, he is just a coach, and this is made clear by the 2 months of dithering before they gave him a contract, letting us know who is really in charge of the squad.

He is only a coach and has no input to the squad, yet he was the one who banished Malouda to train with the U-21s, or did Emenalo do that as well. He is 'only a coach' yet he vetoed Essien's move to Arsenal, or did Emenalo do that as well?

Like I said, when EVERYTHING bad is attributed to others, it is a clear sign of shameless sycophancy and bootlicking. You accuse Nateevs of blind loyalty to RDM, while you exhibit an even worse trait - bare-faced revisionism.

Emenalo thinks Ramires is some kind of God-footballer and touted him as the best thing since sliced bread and signed him to replace Ballack. In 2012, Emenalo still thinks Ramires is a central midfielder and signs a million wingers thinking that Ramires, Mikel, Romeu and Lampard is enough central cover.

Is it Emenalo that persists with playing Ramires in each game or the coach that can do no wrong? Answers on a postcard please.

Knowing RDM's tactical nature and his instinct for never giving away any opportunity (as evidenced by patching Ramires and Bertrand to provide defensive balance), RDM can never go into a season thinking that the current defensive midfielders will provide adequate cover for defence-deserters like Marin, Hazard, Torres and Mata.

This is bollocks - what stoopid RDM's tactical nature of not giving any opportunity? Did he display this same tactical nature at West Brom when he was getting annihilated game after game for being too open and attacking? Why did is 'instinct for never giving away anything' stop a 3 month losing streak at West Brom?

Some phools now think because RDM adopted a 'belt and braces'/'do not get sacked again' approach last season it makes him some tactical genius. What a muppet. This is what was said about his time at MK Dons:

Di Matteo’s trademark 4-2-3-1 system resulted in the Dons receiving regular praised on their expansive style and attacking footballing swagger.

This is what the West Brom chairman after he was unceremoniously sacked:

Di Matteo was praised for his commitment to attacking football, yet Peace said in a statement that the board had lost confidence in his ability to pull the club out of its tailspin.

More evidence - this is what is on RDM's profile on soccernet: While the Blues received criticism for their negative approach in the Champions League, it was not representative of Di Matteo's philosophy.

This phat phool now wants to convince us that he 'knows' RDM's tactical nature and 'instinct' is not to give anything away. RDM that went gung-ho at OT and was trying to outscore United while at West Brom. cheesy The same tactical nature that ensured that Athletico Madrid wiped the floor with his side in the Super Cup. Nigga please.

My problem is with the sudden know-it-alls who populate cyberspace these days, talking all kind of stuff about RDM's tactical decisions to provide balance.

When muppets like you try to re-write history based on half a season to re-cast an individual as a tactical genius whose 'instincts' are never to give anything away, you WILL be exposed for the fat charlatan you really are.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
well said, debosky!
you have saved me 30 mins to reply that fat charlatan! you mentioned everything i was about to say to fat ibime!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2012
debosky:
Is it Emenalo that persists with playing Ramires in each game or the coach that can do no wrong? Answers on a postcard please.

Eerm. . . the reason why RDM has NEVER played Ramires in central midfield. . . Emenalo bought him as a central midfielder, sees him as a central midfielder, and like I said, signed all these wingers with the thought that Ramires is a central midfielder. . . RDM sees him as a winger, another proof of his insight and another proof that Emenalo is behind signing policy.

debosky:
Di Matteo’s trademark 4-2-3-1 system resulted in the Dons receiving regular praised on their expansive style and attacking footballing swagger.

This is what the West Brom chairman after he was unceremoniously sacked:

Di Matteo was praised for his commitment to attacking football, yet Peace said in a statement that the board had lost confidence in his ability to pull the club out of its tailspin.

More evidence - this is what is on RDM's profile on soccernet: While the Blues received criticism for their negative approach in the Champions League, it was not representative of Di Matteo's philosophy.

This phat phool now wants to convince us that he 'knows' RDM's tactical nature and 'instinct' is not to give anything away. RDM that went gung-ho at OT and was trying to outscore United while at West Brom. cheesy The same tactical nature that ensured that Athletico Madrid wiped the floor with his side in the Super Cup. Nigga please.

Tell that to the magans who keep claiming RDM is too defensive, not me. I dont need "schooling" on RDM history.

The RDM who brings on Bertrand and Ramires for attacking wingers is obviously the RDM we are talking about, not the RDM who plays gung-ho footie. I wish Wenger could learn quickly and become as astute as RDM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ibime:

Ramires would never blend with the tricksters cos he's only good at counterattacking from deep, not when Chelsea have possession. His job in a Brazil midfield 3 (before he was discarded) was to stay on the right side and cover Dani Alves as a shuttling midfielder/auxiliary right-wing-back..

Ramires as stands has little role in the team. We have a DM who can pass brilliantly (Mikel) but is too slow to cover the counterattacks. On the other hand, we have a midfielder (Ramires) who can cover with pace and aggression but lacks basic passing ability. If Mikel loses the ball (as seen yesterday), it is highlighted by the fact that it would lead to a dangerous situation. Imagine Ramires losing the ball 9, 10 times in that position of the pitch?

Ramires shoulda been sold last summer, otherwise do not buy Azpilicueta and use Ramires as right-back. Dude is actually sick in that position as he showed against Barca.

Yet another Good point raised by arguably my NL favorite poster.

Well technically, that doesn't make him an ideal marksman at that right flank irrespective of the fact that he provides cover and support to our RB and Midfield.

Are we goin' to stick to a strategy of covering the Rb and Midfield Jxt cos we dont wanna concede? Thereby rendering the right flank Dead?

If Yes, then of What Value are our Rbs and Midfielders that are payed on weekly basis?

IMO, Deploring Ramy to the Right for such assignments should only be in games like Yesterday's; games that are strictly down to tactics, not against a QPR team that had Fabio and latter Bosingwa at the left full back.

We wanna play good football, be creative and score goals YES! But that aint gon happen if we keep havin' Ramy and Bertrand at the Flanks Shikena! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
coogar:

rdm's tactical performance or bayern munich are rubbish? chelsea are the most undeserved winners of the champions league ever. packed the bus against barca and packed the bus against bayern! had the final been a boxing bout, the referee would have stopped the game as early as the 60th minute and declared bayern as the winner..........

yes, rdm got more out of the quack employees he inherited but that style of football should not be hailed as any tactical ingenuity. even in the real world, smash-n-grab is a criminal offence. chelsea did not win in europe out of any tactical innovation, they simply packed the van - 28% possession in both legs against barcelona is an effing disgrace to the credentials of di matteo!

Mr ITK what does ya Lexicon define the term 'Tactics' as?

He packed the bus to get what he needed and it yielded dividends and u claim its not tactical ingenuity - Lemme keep seeing ya stale old gaffer come up with his outdated 4-4-2 against Barca and keep gerrin' disgraced.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ibime:
Eerm. . . the reason why RDM has NEVER played Ramires in central midfield. . . Emenalo bought him as a central midfielder, sees him as a central midfielder, and like I said, signed all these wingers with the thought that Ramires is a central midfielder. . . RDM sees him as a winger, another proof of his insight and another proof that Emenalo is behind signing policy.

Did you read the question? Why does RDM persist with Ramires in the position he plays? Or does Emenalo dictate to RDM insisting that Ramires plays every game?

Tell that to the magans who keep claiming RDM is too defensive, not me. I dont need "schooling" on RDM history.

It appears you've either forgotten or were typing bollocks up there - RDM's instincts/natural tactical leaning is to be attacking, not 'preventing any opportunity of giving anything away'. To claim otherwise is unadulterated nonsense.

The RDM who brings on Bertrand and Ramires for attacking wingers is obviously the RDM we are talking about, not the RDM who plays gung-ho footie. I wish Wenger could learn quickly and become as astute as RDM

Wenger applied the same tactical astuteness over 6 years ago in 2005 to win the FA cup and in 2006 till we narrowly lost out to Barca due to a red card. As always, luck plays a big part in winning cups and that's what RDM had.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
El Guapo:

Mr ITK what does ya Lexicon define the term 'Tactics' as?

He packed the bus to get what he needed and it yielded dividends and u claim its not tactical ingenuity - Lemme keep seeing ya stale old gaffer come up with his outdated 4-4-2 against Barca and keep gerrin' disgraced.

this is the rubbish chelsea fans keep deluding themselves about - he packed the bus to make the scoreline respectable! in spite of rdm's 9-0-1 formation, barcelona still had enough chances to have won the first leg 4-0 @ stamford bridge but for cesc's idiocy in front of goal! had chelsea nullified barca's threat like guus hiddink did in 2009 @ the bridge, i would have saluted rdm's tactics - which wasn't in case. in 2009, barca had only one shot on target(iniesta's goal) throughout 90 mins!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
debosky:

It appears you've either forgotten or were typing bollocks up there - RDM's instincts/natural tactical leaning is to be attacking, not 'preventing any opportunity of giving anything away'. To claim otherwise is unadulterated nonsense.

Wenger applied the same tactical astuteness over 6 years ago in 2005 to win the FA cup and in 2006 till we narrowly lost out to Barca due to a red card. As always, luck plays a big part in winning cups and that's what RDM had.

I was gonna post you the picture that shows rdm trophies in 3 months juxtaposed against wengers trophies in 7 years but I ain't got the time.

I don't need a lecture about rdms philosophy at west brom. His performance last season and the fact that he plays Bertrand and Ramirez over Moses Marin and Oscar is proof enough that he likes giving nothing away. If you like type epistle on his west brom days you bloody pedant. You are only schooling yourself cos I cannot take footie lectures from lilliput like yourself. The fact remains that it is not rdm squad and not rdm intention to play with porous defensive midfielders. If it was his doing he would play all the attacking wingers with mikel and lampard. But since emenalo created a lopsided squad he finds balance by playing Ramirez and Bertrand at expense of multimillion dollar wingers that emenalo signed. This is incontrovertible.

As far as determining rdms nature by looking at his past and giving it priority over his present actions, what is wengers trye nature - the Wenger of two defensive midfielders and counterattacking turnovers or the Wenger of DenOlson as dm?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (19803) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Semenyakenso, bandely(m), askit(f), Ihebu4chelsea(m), Segedinho(m), Griffon, MorataFC and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.