Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,535 members, 7,895,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:31 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10916464 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Apart from Van Persie, have you noticed that every other person on your list offer a lot more than only goals.

This season when Van-Persie hasn't scored, he has looked VERY pedestrian - Last night's game as a classic example.

The modern game requires strikers to contribute a LOT more than just goals.

The days of Michael Owen and van Nistelrooy are long gone my friend...

What does Falcao, Ronaldo offer more than goals sir?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Remember David Villa was 1st choice striker for Spain.

Torres has 7 goals in 27 games since 2010 for Spain

While David Villa in the same time has 12 in the same 27
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:
Remember David Villa was 1st choice striker for Spain.

he won't remember such - how has villa fared since his move to barca? when the system is not built around a striker, everything else fails. villa is wasted on the flank while messi gets the accolades. this is david villa we are taking about......the most accomplished striker in the last decade.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

what a tool - why were zidane, scholes, xavi, maradona, etc top dogs in the art of goal making when scoring isn't even their strongest point? a goal is as important as the pass that led to it. if the passes are not crisp, there would be no goals. replace xavi, iniesta and busquets with ramsey, coquelin and djemba djemba and let's see whether messi would be scoring 91 goals in a calendar year.

Who are the top dogs in the EPL ? Gerrard, Podolski? or Suarez, Van persie and bale?

WHo are the top dogs in la Liga currently? Fabregas Iniesta Ozil or Messi, ROnaldo, falcao?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

he won't remember such - how has villa fared since his move to barca? when the system is not built around a striker, everything else fails. villa is wasted on the flank while messi gets the accolades. this is david villa we are taking about......the most accomplished striker in the last decade.

Do you even follow football or you are a bot?

David Villa had 18 league goals in his debut season and was faring well until he copped the horrific leg break which defined his career since then

it depends how you watch your football - goals ain't everything otherwise no midfielder would win player of the tournaments, etc. ronaldo wasn't even the highest goal scorer in 06/07 when he won PFA player in england. other players like bale and parker have also won the award without scoring 59 goals per season.

I think the questions below are simple enough

Who are the top dogs in the EPL ? Gerrard, Podolski? or Suarez, Van persie and bale?
WHo are the top dogs in la Liga currently? Fabregas Iniesta Ozil or Messi, ROnaldo, falcao?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

it depends how you watch your football - goals ain't everything otherwise no midfielder would win player of the tournaments, etc. ronaldo wasn't even the highest goal scorer in 06/07 when he won PFA player in england. other players like bale and parker have also won the award without scoring 59 goals per season.

dayokanu:
Do you even follow football or you are a bot?

it's a bit rich coming from a tool who thought demba ba was at chelsea when they lost to qpr. i should be asking you the same question.

David Villa had 18 league goals in his debut season and was faring well until he copped the horrific leg break which defined his career since then

that's a flop by his high standard - what's the percentage of those 18 league goals in the total league goals scored by barcelona that season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

What does Falcao, Ronaldo offer more than goals sir?

Lol is this a Joke?

Ronaldo has 28 assists in 26 league games this season. His Movement opens up space and occupies defenders.

Falcoa has 8 assists in 24 league games this season. Agreed this is not a mind blowing statistic, but 8 created goals from the man who is supposed to finish them is quite impressive.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Lol is this a Joke?

Ronaldo has 28 assists in 26 league games this season. His Movement opens up space and occupies defenders.

Falcoa has 8 assists in 24 league games this season. Agreed this is not a mind blowing statistic, but 8 created goals from the man who is supposed to finish them is quite impressive.

this jack bauer dude is making so much sense - dayo is a complete halfwit. people were praising carrick's pass to chicharito last night against chelsea. the header was basic - chicharito knew cech was off his line so he looped the ball towards the net - the assist of that goal was well worthier than the goal itself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Lol is this a Joke?

LOL the joke is on the other side.

Show me where Ronaldo has 28 league assists this season? How many goals does he have sef?

Falcao 8 league asists? Are we talking about la Liga or PS3 and Xbox football?

Bros what time is it where you dey now?

These are stats I expect from serial liars like coogar not you. No fall my hand oo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

this jack bauer dude is making so much sense - dayo is a complete halfwit. people were praising carrick's pass to chicharito last night against chelsea. the header was basic - chicharito knew cech was off his line so he looped the ball towards the net - the assist of that goal was well worthier than the goal itself.

Ronaldo 28 league assist and Falcao 8 league assist make sense to you?

Why am I not surprised. Everything would make sense to a turd. I am sure sleeping nakked in The Northpole makes sense to you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:
Ronaldo 28 league assist and Falcao 8 league assist make sense to you?

Why am I not surprised. Everything would make sense to a turd. I am sure sleeping nakked in The Northpole makes sense to you

shut up your mouth - tell us how torres has copped 400+ league minutes for chelsea since ba's arrival or you cannot count again? oloshious fellow!

your punditry has gone to the dogs - chelsea has turned a potential goalpoacher into a goal-maker and yet you obnoxious charlatans are questioning his contribution. when torres scores, they blame him for scoring easy goals or tap-ins. when torres gets involved and assists goals, they blame him for not scoring those goals.

like i predicted months back, demba ba has flopped! if dzeko and chicharito can be contributing in spite of their limited stats, i see no reason why demba ba cannot do the same. lukaku is tearing the trees at west brom as we speak, watch him slip back to neurosis the moment he moves back to chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

LOL the joke is on the other side.

Show me where Ronaldo has 28 league assists this season? How many goals does he have sef?

Falcao 8 league asists? Are we talking about la Liga or PS3 and Xbox football?

Bros what time is it where you dey now?

These are stats I expect from serial liars like coogar not you. No fall my hand oo

I cant start editing screenies cos i'm at work but check these link from the La liga website:

http://www.lfp.es/Temporada/fichaclubjugador.aspx?cjo=14937&ceo=186

http://www.lfp.es/Temporada/fichaclubjugador.aspx?cjo=48847&ceo=175

Now unless I misunderstand what International Shot Assists mean, these are the Accurate stats.

EDIT: Apologies all, I suspect that the meaning of that stat might have been lost in translation grin

ESPN says Ronaldo has 5 assists and Falcao 1

Anyways, I still find it ridiculous to even suggest that Ronaldo offers little more than goals....Like I said, his movement and presence occupies defenders.
Same for Falcoa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I cant start editing screenies cos i'm at work but check these link from the La liga website:

http://www.lfp.es/Temporada/fichaclubjugador.aspx?cjo=14937&ceo=186

http://www.lfp.es/Temporada/fichaclubjugador.aspx?cjo=48847&ceo=175

Now unless I misunderstand what International Shot Assists mean, these are the Accurate stats.

I am sure you misunderstand

Ronaldo has 6 league assists all season In games vs Mallorca, Athletico, Esponyol, Valencia, Sevilla and Deportivo

Falcao has 1 league assist all season in the game vs Levante the first game of the season

So with this correction can you now tell what else Falcao and Ronaldo contribute other than goals scored
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:
So with this correction can you now tell what else Falcao and Ronaldo contribute other than goals scored

but demba ba has zero assists if you use the standard used in la liga to compute ba's stats on assist. ronaldo and falcao have assisted, ba hasn't in 2000+ league minutes - it's a crying shame!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

I am sure you misunderstand

Ronaldo has 6 league assists all season In games vs Mallorca, Athletico, Esponyol, Valencia, Sevilla and Deportivo

Falcao has 1 league assist all season in the game vs Levante the first game of the season

See post above.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

but demba ba has zero assists if you use the standard used in la liga to compute ba's stats on assist. ronaldo and falcao have assisted, ba hasn't in 2000+ league minutes - it's a crying shame!

Sorry Demba Ba has 3 league assists for newcastle
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

See post above.

Which post above? And How does this prove your claim that Ronaldo has 28 assists or that Falcao and Ronaldo do anything other than score goals?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:
Sorry Demba Ba has 3 league assists for newcastle

are you stüpid? i said if you use the continental standard, ba has no assists this season for either newcastle or chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Which post above? And How does this prove your claim that Ronaldo has 28 assists or that Falcao and Ronaldo do anything other than score goals?

I edited my posts...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

are you stüpid? i said if you used the continental standard, ba has no assists this season for either newcastle or chelsea.

Asking if you are stuupid is asking the obvious. To the same person that Ronaldos 28 league assists made sense to. LOL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:
Asking if you are stuupid is asking the obvious. To the same person that Ronaldos 28 league assists made sense to. LOL

what a tool - how did you deduce i was referring to his ronaldo stats when i said he is making sense? i said that even before that particular post. his stats might have been quoted wrongly but his point still stands.

falcao has not assisted much but he's scoring loads of goals. ronaldo too is doing the business in scoring and often assisting. ba is doing neither - not assisting at all and not scoring many as well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Hernandez has 8 in 6 starts bruv....

We all Know Ba is a fantastic player on his day, but Chelsea have not played to his strengths...

Remember at the Magpies he was the focal point of a 4-3-3...

Now he's basically a passenger...pretty much because apart from goals he has very little to offer a team...and the Chelsea setup currently doesn't favour his goal scoring at all

Well, u're Just Stampeding on Parallel thought lane with me with regards to Ba been the focal point at Magpies Jxt to be multi-tasked at Chelsea. I did mention lastnite that Ba is doing more than a Striker's Job for us! Forget the assists-he'd create Space for the Attacking midfielders to exploit by drawing out the CB's out of their line, get involved in the midfield Mix and help out in the defending - This is in stark Contrast to Torres, key reason why the Senegalege would always get the nod in big games than the Spaniard.

Talking about Chicharito getting 8 in 6 and Ba Still languishing in 4 in the few apps he've stared - i dont think its a sheer show of intelligence judging a player's pedigree in Limited appearances!

Ronaldo de Lima would need 99 games to smack in 59 goals for Intermilan, whats wrong with giving Ba a healthy run of games and Judging him thereafter?

Torres was giving a Whole season but failed! His match day ratings are nowhere compared to Ba's workaholic displays - Forget the goals, forget the assists - Performance tells U who's doing best amongst the duo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

what a tool - how did you deduce i was referring to his ronaldo stats when i said he is making sense? i said that even before that particular post. his stats might have been quoted wrongly but his point still stands.

falcao has not assisted much but he's scoring loads of goals. ronaldo too is doing the business in scoring and often assisting. ba is doing neither - not assisting at all and not scoring many as well.

In 2000 league minutes played this season Demba Ba has scored 15 goals.

No one is saying he is a Ronaldo or a Falcao but surely world better than fernandud.

Ronaldo and falcao are in this discussion because someone told us Scoring has the same weight as assists and I asked why is Gerrard and Podolski not rated as Van persie and Suarez or why is Iniesta and Ozil not rated as Ronaldo and Falcao
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:
In 2000 league minutes played this season Demba Ba has scored 15 goals.

by the same token, in 2000+ league minutes played this season, torres has scored 7 goals and assisted 8 = 15 direct contribution to goals. ba's 0 assists has been trumped by torres'. torres assisted all those goals from open play, so it's not bread n butter like taking corners, direct or indirect freekicks or what not!

No one is saying he is a Ronaldo or a Falcao but surely world better than fernandud.
Ronaldo and falcao are in this discussion because someone told us Scoring has the same weight as assists and I asked why is Gerrard and Podolski not rated as Van persie and Suarez or why is Iniesta and Ozil not rated as Ronaldo and Falcao

he's not better than fernando - he's not even better than lukaku!
he's just an average striker with hustling skills - the type that barks without barking.....

then your assertion that dzeko/chicharito are super subs is also a myth or lie. they score goals too when they start games. actually, they have performed better than starters than coming from the bench.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Dayo I'm sure you can read...

Now listen, The reason why Falcao has such a phenomenal goal rate is because he is the main goal outlet for his team. The team is built around him. As such he is not mandated to create goals for his team mates. Mind this is not saying he does not offer more than goals - He occupies Defenders and draws them out to create space for his team mates.

In Ronaldo's case, He operates across the Frontline and is the main outlet for his team. Now admittedly he doesn't track back when his team loses possession, but he is the main outlet once they regain it. His movement again pulls the defence out of shape and opens holes for his teammates to exploit.

Torres by default is that kind of player. He naturally sits on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for the through ball. At Chelsea he is NOT the main goal outlet. Neither is Ba. They are both part of an Ensemble cast - And it is hurting both of them as they are used to being the main outlets.

Chelsea style is messing up these guys for real.

Note: Assisting is not all about delivering the final ball, Falcao/Ronaldo and the Old Torres have very often initialized a goal scoring move.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:
Torres by default is that kind of player. He naturally sits on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for the through ball. At Chelsea he is NOT the main goal outlet. Neither is Ba. They are both part of an Ensemble cast - And it is hurting both of them as they are used to being the main outlets.

Note: Assisting is not all about delivering the final ball, Falcao/Ronaldo and the Old Torres have very often initialized a goal scoring move.

end of discussion!
if dayo replies you after this then it's because he lacks decorum and dignity! the above post aptly summarises the problem with strikers in chelsea. a striker has to be the focal point to thrive. torres isn't the focal point at chelsea, neither is demba ba.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
jackbauersballs: Dayo I'm sure you can read...

Now listen, The reason why Falcao has such a phenomenal goal rate is because he is the main goal outlet for his team. The team is built around him. As such he is not mandated to create goals for his team mates. Mind this is not saying he does not offer more than goals - He occupies Defenders and draws them out to create space for his team mates.

This is exactly the same thing Demba Ba does and even did yesterday watch both Chelsea goals and tell me Demba ba didnt play a huge part in them.

Why is Torres not delivering for Spain since 2010? Is it Chelsea thats also the problem with Spain? Torres has always been a mediocre striker, Most people are stuck with a romantic idea and dont want to give it up In this case assuming Torres is able, the fact is he had a fluke 2008-2009 and has returned to his old self.

in the last 3 years he has failed for club and country. 7 goals in 27 appearance for country the most creative football nation alive is a disaster.

Show us where Torres has been succesful in the last 3 yrs. Ba in his short spell at Chelsea has 4 goals , 2 in the league Torres in the same time as Demba Ba has one solitary goal vs Brentford. how does Demba ba score and Torres cant in the same team?

Demba Ba does this regular, still did less than 24hrs ago
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
in the midst of all the nonsense been spewed here, you guys forgot to talk about how we shitted on Man utd's midfield ,someone say kagawa,ifahear , we have played man utd thrice this season,we have shited on that midfield thrice, layer we go dey hear say na dem they create chances pass (yeah yeh, i know na brain fart talk am ,but still) ,if we had been clinical in front of goal in all those games,man utd would have had repeats of their 6-1 demolishing at the hands of city three times from chelsea,overated team with mostly stuuoopid fans
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

this is why majority of the people think you are stupid on these pages...
a striker has copped 8 assists from open play and yet you criticize his football brain and his passing? demba has not copped any assist for chelsea since january. torres cops 1 key pass per game, demba ba has 0.6 key pass per game.........chelsea are better off with torres on the pitch than demba.

and you are einstein
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
strikers graveyard strikers graveyard,,,,,,,,,,,yet people forget we have had drogba and anelka(the dude even won an epl golden boot at chelsea )
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:
This is exactly the same thing Demba Ba does and even did yesterday watch both Chelsea goals and tell me Demba ba didnt play a huge part in them.

except that he does not - if he's doing so how come ba has no european standard of a goal assist in 2000+ league mins of football and the "inferior" torres has 4?

Why is Torres not delivering for Spain since 2010? Is it Chelsea thats also the problem with Spain? Torres has always been a mediocre striker, Most people are stuck with a romantic idea and dont want to give it up In this case assuming Torres is able, the fact is he had a fluke 2008-2009 and has returned to his old self.

when you do something twice, it's no fluke.
torres had 2 stellar seasons for liverpool - 07/08 and 09/10. i dunno where you got your 08/09 and this fool would soon say he knows european football like the back of his hand.

in the last 3 years he has failed for club and country. 7 goals in 27 appearance for country the most creative football nation alive is a disaster.

he bagged a golden boot with those 7 goals - ahead of ronaldo, rooney, gomez, mandzukic, benzema, van persie, etc how did he achieve that?

Show us where Torres has been succesful in the last 3 yrs. Ba in his short spell at Chelsea has 4 goals , 2 in the league Torres in the same time as Demba Ba has one solitary goal vs Brentford. how does Demba ba score and Torres cant in the same team?

short spell? 8 weeks is a short spell?
3 of those goals were against southampton - the other one against west brom! chelsea didn't sign ba to score against weak teams. where's ba when tough opposition play chelsea?

Demba Ba does this regular, still did less than 24hrs ago

he did nothing - torres influences the game far more than ba!
ba is not an improvement on torres. in the hierarchy of strikers in chelsea, ba is the last with lukaku occupying a distant 2nd position from nando torres.

mithel:
and you are einstein

shut that cesspit you call a mouth, you homoerotic cünt!
which man utd did you shit on? a game of 2 halves is shitting on united? the other game at the bridge, it was a mismatch, united won that without stress. the carling cup game was a disaster for chelsea. united's reserves practically played you off the park till MAZACAR were introduced and yet you still needed the help of a referee to conjure a penalty kick from nowhere to force the game to extra time.

the difference between both sides = the difference in the points accrued. united have 71 points, chelsea have what again? argue with that fact - the league table never lies. if you are currently below spurs with your world class midfield then it's either you are foolish or your world class midfield isn't world class after all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
Please ignore the mad dog coogar. He is suffering from mental illness in London. His parents need to come and take him back home and chain him in the backyard like some of our peers who got "sent back home"

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.