Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,535 members, 7,895,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:34 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10916539 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
Lampard is the reason why Torres didn't score a goal at Chelsea in his first 3 months??

Lampard is also the reason why Torres has scored just one goal this year

Hehehehehe oturukpeke
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
A-40:
Lampard is the reason why Torres didn't score a goal at Chelsea in his first 3 months??

Lampard is also the reason why Torres has scored just one goal this year

Hehehehehe oturukpeke

Abi oo

I showed him this clip and asked him If lampard was the reason Torres didnt score or he should explain why Lampard didnt get the assist for that lovely diagonal pass
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
dayokanu: So you dont know home teams tend to dominate more than away team? then what is called home advantage in football?

Dayo...Home advantage is simply home support! Wake up!!!

In the last 5 games Demba played for chelsea all competitions he had 12 shots 7 on target

In the last 5 games torres played for Chelsea all competition he has 6 shots total and 3 on target

6 of Ba's shots came in one game. Remove that game and you have the Exact same stats as Torres.

The lampard discussion na distraction

Is lampard the reason why Demba is having double of Torres shots

I believe you support Die Bayern.

You lot play a similar formation to Chelsea on paper -4-2-3-1

The difference is you have natural wingers - Shaqri, Robben, Ribery and Alaba(ish grin). These guys exploit the flanks and allow room for Gomez/Muller/Kroos to operate.

At Chelsea it is different...We have 4 natural '10's in the 1st team -Mazacar and Lampard -Mazacar often drift into the middle crowding the space where Torres/Ba are supposed to operate.

Schweinsteiger on Paper plays a similar role to Lampard - The deep lying playmaker: The diferrence is unlike Schweini who sits and controls the tempo of the game while maintaining team shape, Lampard is rushing up the pitch trying to break goalscoring records.

The Result?

5 midfielders attacking the exact same space that Torres/Ba should call home.

When that poor excuse for a Brazilian(Ramires) is playing, it becomes even worse..

Admittedly Ba has been a bit more clinical than Fernando, but both strikers are starving.

How else can you explain Ba having only 1 or 2shots in games where he played 90 minutes, while Lampard has 3,Mata has 2,Hazard has 2?

Same with Torres.

No Doubt Torres has been wasteful of the few chances he has got.....BUT the chances have been VERY few for both him and Ba.

This is the point I am trying to make. This is why I brought up Hazard, Mata and Lampards shooting stats.

Ba might(and will) convert a few more chances, but it does not hide the fact that he is simply NOT getting the service from his midfield.

Ditto Torres.

And as long as this continues, Strikers will suffer. I doubt Ba will bag 10 in all comps for us this season sef tongue

I don even tire to dey argue this topic. sad

Abeg make I go smoke my e-gbow in peace grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
^^
jackbauersballs: Admittedly Ba has been a bit more clinical than Fernando, but both strikers are starving.

How else can you explain Ba having only 1 or 2shots in games where he played 90 minutes, while Lampard has 3,Mata has 2,Hazard has 2?

Same with Torres.

No Doubt Torres has been wasteful of the few chances he has got.....BUT the chances have been VERY few for both him and Ba.

This is the point I am trying to make. This is why I brought up Hazard, Mata and Lampards shooting stats.

Ba might(and will) convert a few more chances, but it does not hide the fact that he is simply NOT getting the service from his midfield.

Ditto Torres.

And as long as this continues, Strikers will suffer. I doubt Ba will bag 10 in all comps for us this season sef tongue

You are gradually coming around to see Torres is the eternal wasteman here. Ba has 4 goals Torres has 1 since january despite Demba playing against United and city away.

You doubt Demba would score 10 in all competitions? how many strikers who play regularly get 20 goals all season yet you are expecting Demba to score 10 in half while playing in bits and pieces

Demba is a striker not Prophet Olumba Olumba or TB Joshua cheesy grin

As Per lampard If you remove 5 penalties from Lampards goals, then he has a similar goal return to Bastian Schweinsteiger
in the league

All of Robben, Ribery, Kroos, Muller, Shaqiri Schweinsteiger have been played in the number 10 position at some time in their career

You dey go pop Mollies? No wahala Nothing do you

To be continued
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
dayokanu: ^^
You are gradually coming around to see Torres is the eternal wasteman here. Ba has 4 goals Torres has 1 since january despite Demba playing against United and city away.

why are you perpetually stüpid? what has playing against united or city gotta do with this? ramirez is a midfielder and yet scored against united. if ba cannot lead the line and score with the wonderful MAZACA operating behind him then he's a flop!

You doubt Demba would score 10 in all competitions? how many strikers who play regularly get 20 goals all season yet you are expecting Demba to score 10 in half while playing in bits and pieces Demba is a striker not Prophet Olumba Olumba or TB Joshua cheesy grin

if this were to hold true, why then is torres a flop?
i just like the way you destroy your own argument while trying to protect ba. so not too many regular strikers score 20 in a season while playing constantly and yet torres is expected to score 40 goals? how many did papiss cisse score last season in half a season?

As Per lampard If you remove 5 penalties from Lampards goals, then he has a similar goal return to Bastian Schweinsteiger
in the league.All of Robben, Ribery, Kroos, Muller, Shaqiri Schweinsteiger have been played in the number 10 position at some time in their career

if you remove 5 penalties, lampard has scored 6 same as schewinsteiger? well - except that schweini has assisted goals this season while fat frank hasn't. it is even laughable when this same lampard is a chief taker of set-plays.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
Jackbauersballs is a typical loudmouth who thinks anyone is entitled to an opinion as long as he has the ability to express it with Queens English.

Go check the games David Luiz played in midfield and tell me how many shots he took.

That an unknowledgeable fella should open his big mouth to question the assist ability of the highest assister in Chelsea's history shows he is a fool. If Lamps cannot assist then everybody in the history of the club must be dud at assisting seeing how Lamps tops the assist record.

Beyond Lamps, we currently boast the most productive assister in Europe. We are talking of Mata, a ninja who assisted 26 times last season and is already on 27 assists this season.

Yet this guy is spouting opata because Demba Ba has averaged a goal every two games (the striker standard) against the top teams in the league whilst Torres is reserved for the "come chop" games in which Demba woulda easily averaged a goal a game by now if he was allowed to play.

What's worse is this foolish ninja joining issues with a well known jobless waste of a human being with mental health issues like Coogar.

Please we don't want Coogar displaying his madness on our thread no more. Keep quiet and let the ninja go away.

Meanwhile enjoy this collection from the greatest assister in Chelsea history. You will notice that half of his assists are what some nincompoops term "vertical passes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdarzdS1uF0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ibime: Jackbauersballs is a typical loudmouth who thinks anyone is entitled to an opinion as long as he has the ability to express it with Queens English.

Down Boy! Down!

Who let this rabid dog out? Why such a vicious attack? Have you eaten today?
Go check the games David Luiz played in midfield and tell me how many shots he took.
Why?
That an unknowledgeable fella should open his big mouth to question the assist ability of the highest assister in Chelsea's history shows he is a fool. If Lamps cannot assist then everybody in the history of the club must be dud at assisting seeing how Lamps tops the assist record.
Whether or not Lampard assisted in your conception in the past is not in contention. The fact remains that Lampard currently has 1 assist in 26 appearances in all competitions.
He is currently Chelsea's highest goal scorer in the league with 0 assists.

Zero assists, Ibime.

Beyond Lamps, we currently boast the most productive assister in Europe. We are talking of Mata, a ninja who assisted 26 times last season and is already on [size=28pt]27 assists [/size]this season.

Oh Really? Stats please...Cos my Google tells me Mata has 12 in all competitions...Maybe I need to change the browser cheesy grin

Yet this guy is spouting opata because Demba Ba has averaged a goal every two games (the striker standard) against the top teams in the league whilst Torres is reserved for the "come chop" games in which Demba woulda easily averaged a goal a game by now if he was allowed to play.

My Good God! 4 goals in 13 games averages at a goal every two games? Dude go back home and burn your WAEC certificate. You are very obviously a failure in life.

What's worse is this foolish ninja joining issues with a well known jobless waste of a human being with mental health issues like Coogar.

Please we don't want Coogar displaying his madness on our thread no more. Keep quiet and let the ninja go away.

I dont know what to say about this.

Now Ibime, Listen to me very carefully.

Your inane rant has exposed your folly to the world.

Your own father would disown you if he sees the nonsense you have written.

It is better to be quietly considered a fool than to open your wide mouth and remove all doubt as you have just done.

A word is enough for the wise my son.

Now F U C K off and stop blowing my high!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
There is something about jackbeaursballs, coogar and nitlad. If I was a betting woman I would bet they are triplets...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
It's obvious the guy above is from the same walk of life as the Maddog Coogar.

Demba Ba has averaged a goal every 180 minutes against the tougher teams, enough cause for the loudmouth bauersballs to start ranting nonsense about Chelsea midfielders being selfish and claiming 13 matches even if Ba only played few minutes of many of those matches.

FACT - Demba Ba is averaging a goal every 2 games which is the striker standard. Eediot like bauersballs with more half arrrsed opinion than sense is ranting nonsense already when Demba Bas foot is barely under the table.

The eediot keeps ranting about Lampard no assists. How many assists does Mikel or any other deep lying midfielder have. The same eediot claim Lampard is taking wild shots but Lamps scored 6 or 7 games in a row from those shots, balls that dropped on the edge of the box to the DM.

Juan Mata has 12 EPL assists, 5 FA Cup assists, 5 league cup assists plus 3 Europan assists yet the dud shekpekeeper could not collect assists giving this loudmouth cause to rant. Hazard in turn has 15 assists. You would not find another club in the premierleague with attacking midfielders posting such numbers.

Not surprising therefore that an eediot who proudly boasted of smoking weed in Agege with areaboys is joining issues with the jobless madman Coogar.

Carry on ranting. oNe!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
sephia: There is something about jackbeaursballs, coogar and nitlad. If I was a betting woman I would bet they are triplets...

You would be a poor woman! cheesy More like a case of MPD. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I fail to see what you are driving at.

Do you not get what I am telling you? This is not a case of Ba vs Torres...

Both of them are not utilized effectively under the current dispensation.

For instance...In the Last 6 games, Hazard has had only 1 assist, Mata 2, Lampard 0

In the same time period Hazard has tallied 6 shots, Mata 9 shots and Lampard 13!

Yet in the same time period Torres has 11 shots(5 in one game-Sparta) shots and Ba has 10 shots(6-in one game -Westbrom).

All stats from ESPN.

Now it says a lot when the players who are supposed to be CREATING goals are infact not doing so, but racking up shots on goal to rival and in Lampard's case surpass their Strikers shot tallies!

Strikers under Chelsea will always struggle as long as the Midfielders keep going for personal glory!

It Baffles me how most of U hawk Around ill Misconceptions - Midfielders Playing for Personal Glory? And when would that trend Ensue?

They Played for Glory, Anelka and Didier magically notched up the Golden boot awards abi?

Ogbeni u can come up with better Stories - Not like Nando is paying u guys to conjure up analogies, analysis and arguements that would go his way!

Forget about the attacker been the team's Output and Midfielders not running the sytem to suit blah blah blah, the key discourse has been on Ba and Torres.

U and ya Cut-back Crew should tell me why Nando's hommie Rafa would deem Ba good enough for the Bigger games and we're all good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:20am On Mar 13, 2013
Ibime:

you are a tool!
your adipose cells must have clogged your nervous system. this is what happens when a man eats too much doughnut and his though process decelerates. explain to us why lampard from a deep position has not assisted a league goal all season?

so coogar is mad and ibime is fat!
which of us is likely to survive a tsunami. by the time you gather your thoughts to flee, the water current would catch up with you and drown you. like i told you, the only thing you would beat me at is a wet t-shirt contest. ibime, go to the gym and reduce your weight. you need a man brassiere.

Meanwhile enjoy this collection from the greatest assister in Chelsea history. You will notice that half of his assists are what some nincompoops term "vertical passes"

and yet the idiocy in him rear it's head again........
we don't care about lampard's antecedents. tell us why he has no league assist this term while playing in the same position as ramirez, carrick, cleverley, allen, anderson, etc?

oloshious fellow - all he knows is eat doughnuts and fart off the remaining intelligence in his obese body.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs: I believe you support Die Bayern.

You lot play a similar formation to Chelsea on paper -4-2-3-1

The difference is you have natural wingers - Shaqri, Robben, Ribery and Alaba(ish grin). These guys exploit the flanks and allow room for Gomez/Muller/Kroos to operate.

At Chelsea it is different...We have 4 natural '10's in the 1st team -Mazacar and Lampard -Mazacar often drift into the middle crowding the space where Torres/Ba are supposed to operate.

Schweinsteiger on Paper plays a similar role to Lampard - The deep lying playmaker: The diferrence is unlike Schweini who sits and controls the tempo of the game while maintaining team shape, Lampard is rushing up the pitch trying to break goalscoring records.

The Result?

5 midfielders attacking the exact same space that Torres/Ba should call home.

When that poor excuse for a Brazilian(Ramires) is playing, it becomes even worse..

Admittedly Ba has been a bit more clinical than Fernando, but both strikers are starving.

Same with Torres.

Ditto Torres.

I don even tire to dey argue this topic. sad

Abeg make I go smoke my e-gbow in peace grin

And this is ur Shrewd analysis to a 4-2-3-1 System that was merely introduced Late Last Season by RDM - What then could be culpable for Nando Laughable 5 goals feat in 49 games Under AVB and Carlo? Two managers with different philosophies.

Before AVB signed for us, he saw a team capable of gliding into his tried-and-tested 4-3-3 with relative ease - Goals under Villas-Boas are often scored from a sudden killer pass or quick attacks orchestrated in two or three touches. This makes sharpness, movement and acceleration important; classic ‘poacher’ qualities - Falcao at Porto. Nando failed with the system and had our ambitious rockie leaving disgraced!

Carlo's diamond was a diamond. Essien-Lampard-Deco-Ballack were the Engine room behind the Classic Drogba/Anelka partnership then his superb Xmas tree tactics : 4-3-2-1 that had Joe Cole and Malouda blazing was also a Killer, but when Nando came into the System what happened? Carlo Paid for it!

He failed with the Past Systems when Didier and Anelka flourished, he's failing in a 4-2-3-1 that has had RDM get sacked, there's a big tendency that he'd stil fail in whatever formation he Plays - Now please Lay off the blame from my Midfielders!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:59am On Mar 13, 2013
El Guapo:

He failed with the Past Systems when Didier and Anelka flourished, he's failing in a 4-2-3-1 that has had RDM get sacked, there's a big tendency that he'd stil fail in whatever formation he Plays - Now please Lay off the blame from my Midfielders!

guapo the mexican, i hate to be the bearer of bad news but drogba did not flourish in 6 out of the 8 seasons he spent at chelsea. in other words, no striker has actually really done well at chelsea.

drogba's league goals at chelsea
04/05 10 hit or flop?
05/06 12 hit or flop?
06/07 20 golden boot
07/08 8 hit or flop?

08/09 5 hit or flop?
09/10 29 HIT
10/11 11 hit or flop?
11/12 5 hit or flop?

so where is this myth coming from that drogba flourished at chelsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 13, 2013
coogar: and yet the idiocy in him rear it's head again........
we don't care about lampard's antecedents. tell us why he has no league assist this term while playing in the same position as ramirez, carrick, cleverley, allen, anderson, etc?

B'cos his traverse Play doesn't augur well with a Pivot system. Check back on him playing in a Diamond, 4-3-3 or anyother formation that happens not to be a Pivot and give me a feedback.

I've always said on here, Lampard is not meant for the Pivot though Ibime would think otherwise.

Even if he's got no assist to his belt so far, for which reason do u think Hazard, Oscar and Moses were brought In? For ur Dud to have no excuses!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 13, 2013
coogar: guapo the mexican, i hate to be the bearer of bad news but drogba did not flourish in 6 out of the 8 seasons he spent at chelsea. in other words, no striker has actually really done well at chelsea.

drogba's league goals at chelsea
04/05 10 hit or flop?
05/06 12 hit or flop?
06/07 20 golden boot
07/08 8 hit or flop?

08/09 5 hit or flop?
09/10 29 HIT
10/11 11 hit or flop?
11/12 5 hit or flop?

so where is this myth coming from that drogba flourished at chelsea?

First Season was Eidur's, Didier was merely a Spectator!

The Ivorian despite having a Striking Challenge at our Club, would give his best when called to Service.

He demoted two Big money Buys in Sheva and Torres {£80m} to the Bench to make the Pecking Order and fire us to Glories - 'Flourish' here connotes Delivering the Pizza when it was needed hot!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 13, 2013
sephia: There is something about jackbeaursballs, coogar and nitlad. If I was a betting woman I would bet they are triplets...

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It would appear that you assume anyone with more than a rudimentary command of the queen's language is Coogar.
No go bet o...You will lose heavily. I do not know these fellows from Adam.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2013
Ibime: It's obvious the guy above is from the same walk of life as the Maddog Coogar.

I do not know Coogar.

Demba Ba has averaged a goal every 180 minutes against the tougher teams, enough cause for the loudmouth bauersballs to start ranting nonsense about Chelsea midfielders being selfish and claiming 13 matches even if Ba only played few minutes of many of those matches

Demba's goals came against WestBrom(1) and Southampton(3) so what is this goal rate against "Tougher teams" you are talking about.
Ibime go and sell your TV...You have no use for it. Stick to reading complete sports.

FACT - Demba Ba is averaging a goal every 2 games which is the striker standard. Eediot like bauersballs with more half arrrsed opinion than sense is ranting nonsense already when Demba Bas foot is barely under the table.

Ibime, 4 goals in 13 games(9 of which Ba started) does not average at a goal every 2 games. Stop disgracing your Math's teacher.

The eediot keeps ranting about Lampard no assists. How many assists does Mikel or any other deep lying midfielder have. The same eediot claim Lampard is taking wild shots but Lamps scored 6 or 7 games in a row from those shots, balls that dropped on the edge of the box to the DM.

Lampard has NO assists, but is Chelsea's highest goal scorer in the league...I cant keep arguing this point over and over again. Your brain is obviously a brick wall. Information clearly bounces off.

Juan Mata has 12 EPL assists, 5 FA Cup assists, 5 league cup assists plus 3 Europan assists yet the dud shekpekeeper could not collect assists giving this loudmouth cause to rant. Hazard in turn has 15 assists. You would not find another club in the premierleague with attacking midfielders posting such numbers.

You are clearly a natural born liar - Mata has 12 assists in ALL competitions. Provide stats to prove otherwise

Not surprising therefore that an eediot who proudly boasted of smoking weed in Agege with areaboys is joining issues with the jobless madman Coogar.
Carry on ranting. oNe!

Ibime why you carry my matta for head like this? I thief your babe? Abi na me sack your papa? grin

I am an Agege bred boy through and through...and yes I smoke that green ting...I'm happy to puff puff pass to you if you want.. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2013
Torres has 8 assist like it's a big deal. That isn't enough excuse for him not to score goals. Our friend RVP has 12 assist yet has 19 goals, same goes with Suarez, 8 assist and 22 goals. These are the main strikers for their team, same as the dud.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2013
El Guapo:

Forget about the attacker been the team's Output and Midfielders not running the sytem to suit blah blah blah, the key discourse has been on Ba and Torres.

U and ya Cut-back Crew should tell me why Nando's hommie Rafa would deem Ba good enough for the Bigger games and we're all good.

Dude I have admitted severally in my last few posts that Ba has been more clinical than Torres.

Now for the sake of Argument let us assume that Fernando is a one-legged crippled dud who is incapable of hitting a barn door from 5 yards out.

Also, let us say Ba is better than anyone from the Torres Lineage.

Now Ba has played 13 games for the blues- Starting 9 games.

That means he has started 70% of the games he has played,so the claim of limited minutes is obviously a lie

Yet he has returned only 4 goals...2 of which came in one game.

Remove the game with a brace....and you have 2 goals in 12 games.

2 goals in 12 games sir.

Now understand this, I AM NOT BY ANY MEANS SUGGESTING THAT BA IS A POOR PLAYER.

Far from it.

Now lets look at individual game stats.

Ba's first start was against Southampton where he bagged a Brace.
Yet he had ONLY 2 shots all game- Clinical Yes, but how come he had ONLY 2 Chances to score all game?

Against Brentford where he started.
Ba only managed 2 shots all game.

At Mancity where he started, Ba only had 1 shot all game.
1 lonely shot. It wasn't even on target. grin

Now Ba is a proven marksman, but a lack of shots simply suggest A LACK OF CHANCES.

Even if Ba continued to convert his meager chances per game, it still wouldn't hide the fact that this man is starving in that box.

My question to you now is WHY?

Why is Ba not getting those chances?

Is it due to poor positioning?

Is it due to Ba not gelling with his teammates?

Or are his midfielders failing to feed him?

You tell me, El Guapo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:46am On Mar 13, 2013
sephia: Torres has 8 assist like it's a big deal. That isn't enough excuse for him not to score goals. Our friend RVP has 12 assist yet has 19 goals, same goes with Suarez, 8 assist and 22 goals. These are the main strikers for their team, same as the dud.

suarez and rvp take set plays(corners, direct/indirect freekicks), 90% of their assists from set plays. nando torres copped those 8 assists from open play. can you now see the difference or should we break your head and put football analysis in your brain before sewing it up? why should a striker assist 8 goals from open play? why why why?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

suarez and rvp take set plays(corners, direct/indirect freekicks), 90% of their assists from set plays. nando torres copped those 8 assists from open play. can you now see the difference or should we break your head and put football analysis in your brain before sewing it up? why should a striker assist 8 goals from open play? why why why?

B.S. Show the stats let's see how many set pieces by the duo that was converted to goals, it's not enough to tell me they take set piece for their teams, show us the conversion rate from those set pieces. Until then, i will assume all assist were from open play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
sephia:
B.S. Show the stats let's see how many set pieces by the duo that was converted to goals, it's not enough to tell me they take set piece for their teams, show us the conversion rate from those set pieces. Until then, i will assume all assist were from open play.

don't disgrace yourself o - do you know the number of van persie's corners evra and evans have scored from this season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

don't disgrace yourself o - do you know the number of van persie's corners evra and evans have scored from this season?

Educate me, that's why you are Mr. Stats. Let us deduct those converted then we will know which was from set play and open play. You guys are playing the Torres assist too much. Assist doesn't stop one from scoring.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
sephia:
Educate me, that's why you are Mr. Stats. Let us deduct those converted then we will know which was from set play and open play. You guys are playing the Torres assist too much. Assist doesn't stop one from scoring.

it does if he's not taking set plays. any tool can hoof a corner into the box, with a teammate heading it into the net. torres does none of these things, he doesn't even take penalties bar one he took when lampard was not in the team and yet we expect him to match van persie, messi, suarez, ronaldo and falcao.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Dude I have admitted severally in my last few posts that Ba has been more clinical than Torres.

Now for the sake of Argument let us assume that Fernando is a one-legged crippled dud who is incapable of hitting a barn door from 5 yards out.

Also, let us say Ba is better than anyone from the Torres Lineage.

Now Ba has played 13 games for the blues- Starting 9 games.

That means he has started 70% of the games he has played,so the claim of limited minutes is obviously a lie

Yet he has returned only 4 goals...2 of which came in one game.

Remove the game with a brace....and you have 2 goals in 12 games.

2 goals in 12 games sir.

Now understand this, I AM NOT BY ANY MEANS SUGGESTING THAT BA IS A POOR PLAYER.

Far from it.

Now lets look at individual game stats.

Ba's first start was against Southampton where he bagged a Brace.
Yet he had ONLY 2 shots all game- Clinical Yes, but how come he had ONLY 2 Chances to score all game?

Against Brentford where he started.
Ba only managed 2 shots all game.

At Mancity where he started, Ba only had 1 shot all game.
1 lonely shot. It wasn't even on target. grin

Now Ba is a proven marksman, but a lack of shots simply suggest A LACK OF CHANCES.

Even if Ba continued to convert his meager chances per game, it still wouldn't hide the fact that this man is starving in that box.

My question to you now is WHY?

Why is Ba not getting those chances?

Is it due to poor positioning?

Is it due to Ba not gelling with his teammates?

Or are his midfielders failing to feed him?

You tell me, El Guapo

Yeah i'd tell U!

Ba made it to Chelsea when its obvious everything was out of Place - the flair and Creativity we exhumed under RDM was lost, players morale thwarted and then a Manager that centered his philosophy in Conservativity.
Nando enjoyed the best of Mazacar and failed, infact he actually blew up the Mazacar and made it look like a Project under Abia State's Govt Care!

Ever wondered if Ba was with this team from the Pre-season and played under RDM? U'd be hating Torres for real! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wonlasewonimi: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
El Guapo:

Yeah i'd tell U!

Ba made it to Chelsea when its obvious everything was out of Place - the flair and Creativity we exhumed under RDM was lost, players morale thwarted and then a Manager that centered his philosophy in Conservativity.
Nando enjoyed the best of Mazacar and failed, infact he actually blew up the Mazacar and made it look like a Project under Abia State's Govt Care!

Ever wondered if Ba was with this team from the Pre-season and played under RDM? U'd be hating Torres for real! cheesy

Bros easy with this oyinbo e dey always turn my waves to dreadlocks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
El Guapo:

Yeah i'd tell U!

Stats from Last Year when MaZaCar was formed, and everything was 'In place'

Chelsea v Mancity - Community Shield - 0 shots from Torres
Chelsea v Wigan - Prm -only 1 shot from Torres
Chelsea v Newcastle -Prm- only 1 shot from Torres

I could go on....

Again I ask...Is the meagre amount of shots taken down to Torres's incompetence?

Or is he being malnourished?

You tell me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I could go on....

Again I ask...Is the meagre amount of shots taken down to Torres's incompetence?

You tell me.

this issue has been overtrashed.....torres is starved by the floating 2 behind him. they would rather shoot on target than lay it on a plate for him. this is like having 3 rooneys behind van persie. MAZACAR are all goal-scoring threats who can shoot on target in and around 20 yards from goal. ba will not flourish from this set-up, no striker can. chelsea need more selfless workers in that area of the pitch.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

this issue has been overtrashed.....torres is starved by the floating 2 behind him. they would rather shoot on target than lay it on a plate for him. this is like having 3 rooneys behind van persie. MAZACAR are all goal-scoring threats who can shoot on target in and around 20 yards from goal. ba will not flourish from this set-up, no striker can. chelsea need more selfless workers in that area of the pitch.

Dude I'm tired of pointing this out to dummies like Ibime et al.

All everyone seems to focus on is Torres vs Ba, even when it is now glaring that Ba is not a significant improvement on Torres.

Still waiting to hear what El Guapo has to say now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I could go on....

You tell me.

You saw the clip I posted yesterday? The one coogar said was a "cutback"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLnwjbavgQ

Now tell me why Torres didnt get the shot. Was it the midfielders fault that Torres couldnt get a goal, Lampard an assist or at worst Torres a shot on target
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

How many of Suarez set plays have been converted to goals

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.