Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,533 members, 7,895,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10916379 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:
How many of Suarez set plays have been converted to goals

plenty of them and suarez is not even an arrow head, he's a forward and all access leads to him. he hits the post more than any player in the league bar van persie - he gets assists from those as well.

the youtube link you keep wänking about is a cutback - i have shown you a similar clip with rooney doing the same for giggs. nando's reaction after the cut back seems to be gesturing to his team mate that the ball was laid on the plate for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

You saw the clip I posted yesterday? The one coogar said was a "cutback"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLnwjbavgQ

Now tell me why Torres didnt get the shot. Was it the midfielders fault that Torres couldnt get a goal, Lampard an assist or at worst Torres a shot on target

Dayo

How many times must I say Torres has obviously not been at his best?

How many times do you want me to repeat that ehn?

the thing you put up there can happen to ANYBODY as we well know, ad the fact that Torres squandered one chance does not mean he's getting regular supply.

Edit: For the record I don't think that was a cutback AT ALL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Dayo

How many times must I say Torres has obviously not been at his best?

How many times do you want me to repeat that ehn?

the thing you put up there can happen to ANYBODY as we well know, ad the fact that Torres squandered one chance does not mean he's getting regular supply.

The reason Torres doesnt get shots on target is because he is poor in spirit. he squaders everything. Attacking moves he ruins, Goal scoring opportunities he wastes. he cant do anything right. His movement are like a cripple with 2 left legs

how come Demba who has played in tougher games and fewer minutes have more shots on goal and more goals.

I disagree that the myriad of chances squadered by Torres in the last 2 yrs can happen to anyone

Tell me any striker in Europe who is as useles as Torres in the last 2 seasons
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

plenty of them and suarez is not even an arrow head, he's a forward and all access leads to him. he hits the post more than any player in the league bar van persie - he gets assists from those as well.

the youtube link you keep wänking about is a cutback - i have shown you a similar clip with rooney doing the same for giggs. nando's reaction after the cut back seems to be gesturing to his team mate that the ball was laid on the plate for him.

Most of Liverpools corner kicks are taken by Gerrard, Most penalties by gerrard only direct freekicks are taken by Suarez and he doesnt lay it for anyone he shoots

OK Suarez gets assists from hitting the post, What stops Torres from getting such assists?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

The reason Torres doesnt get shots on target is because he is poor in spirit. he squaders everything. Attacking moves he ruins, Goal scoring opportunities he wastes. he cant do anything right. His movement are like a cripple with 2 left legs

how come Demba who has played in tougher games and fewer minutes have more shots on goal and more goals.

I disagree that the myriad of chances squadered by Torres in the last 2 yrs can happen to anyone

drogba(chelsea)
lukaku(chelsea)

dayokanu:
Most of Liverpools corner kicks are taken by Gerrard, Most penalties by gerrard only direct freekicks are taken by Suarez and he doesnt lay it for anyone he shoots. OK Suarez gets assists from hitting the post, What stops Torres from getting such assists?

he would if he has selfless midfielders in liverpool laying it on a plate for him. suarez is the only striking outlet liverpool has got. he has 121 shots this season. i am sure its more than MAZACAR + torres put together. how can you compare to torres who gets 1 shot per match at chelsea? suarez misses 81% of the chance he gets and he has 22 league goals. christ, imagine what torres would do with that amount of chances....

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

drogba(chelsea)
lukaku(chelsea)

The same Didier Drogba who won the CL for Chelsea? Who in the CL final scored from a single shot on target? Pass the spiff to the left

Lukaku that played a total of 164 league minutes for Chelsea is now squadering chances? Abeg was it in the 164 substitute mins that he was squadering them>?

he would if he has selfless midfielders in liverpool laying it on a plate for him. suarez is the only striking outlet liverpool has got. he has 121 shots this season. i am sure its more than MAZACAR + torres put together.

The clip I showed you where lampard laid on the plate for Torres, Suarez, Demba, RvP would have scored those, what did Torres do with his? He "Cutback" lol

How can he get shots when all he is interested in is cutting back and keeping shekpe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

I'm not talking about Shots on target, I am talking about total shots.

Torres starts and has few shots- he is poor in spirit

Ba starts and has few shots - Is he poor in spirit as well? Is he also a cripple with 2 left feet?(LOL this cracked me up gaan! grin grin)

False. I showed you the stats for both of them in their last 6 games -Torres has 11 while Ba has 10

I believe Coogar has answered this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I'm not talking about Shots on target, I am talking about total shots.

Torres starts and has few shots- he is poor in spirit

Ba starts and has few shots - Is he poor in spirit as well? Is he also a cripple with 2 left feet?(LOL this cracked me up gaan! grin grin)

False. I showed you the stats for both of them in their last 6 games -Torres has 11 while Ba has 10

Demba has more shots in the last 5 games than Torres

In the last 5 games Demba played for chelsea all competitions he had 12 shots 7 on target

In the last 5 games torres played for Chelsea all competition he has 6 shots total and 3 on target

Considering that Demba played 90 mins vs City a tough away game, 76 mins vs Man utd a tough away game . Torres in that time played 90mins vs Boro,and Steau

I believe Coogar has answered this

You also believe Drogba who won the CL for Chelsea by scoring from a solitary chance all game was squadering chances or Lukaku that played a total of 164 league mins was squadering chances too?

I need to know your weed supplier, He has some good shiit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Stats from Last Year when MaZaCar was formed, and everything was 'In place'

Chelsea v Mancity - Community Shield - 0 shots from Torres
Chelsea v Wigan - Prm -only 1 shot from Torres
Chelsea v Newcastle -Prm- only 1 shot from Torres

I could go on....

Again I ask...Is the meagre amount of shots taken down to Torres's incompetence?

Or is he being malnourished?

You tell me.

Well, i wish i'd tell u and u pay heed to my words.

Nando's body language tells the whole story.

Simply put, he's a bad fit at Chelsea.

If he wasn't a bad fit before, then the summer of 2012
certainly pushed him over the edge. We loaded up on attacking midfield talent as Roman chased the tiki-taka dream, recruiting Hazard, Oscar, Marko and Moses to place alongside Mata.

The resulting hybrid of "Mazacar" proceeded to play
some absolutely scintillating soccer across the advanced
midfield line, but lacked a genuine target in the box to
finish off the chances.

Why? Torres was 20 yards from goal, eager to get involved in the silky, creative stuff.

The truth is, Torres has never been an 18 yard poacher like Bent or Raul.
When Nando was at Liverpool, 69% {56} of his goals came from defence-splitting through-balls (via LFCHistory.net). AVB tried that on him before the Mazacar intro but it all failed.

For Nando to respond to pressures by looking exasperated and helpless suggests that its never going to get any better.
At times, it looks like he's scared to shoulder the responsibility of scoring the team's goals, at others it appears he's trying a false-nine tactic witout telling anyone else the plan.

U Wont be playing double standards by admitting that Nando has Failed, put away the Limited goalscoring Chances analysis.

He [Nando] was my favorite 9 while at Liverpool, even in his first season with us - But the more i defended him, the more i was made to Swallow my words!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:
suarez misses 81% of the chance he gets and he has 22 league goals. christ, imagine what torres would do with that amount of chances....

Couldn't say it better myself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:
The same Didier Drogba who won the CL for Chelsea? Who in the CL final scored from a single shot on target? Pass the spiff to the left

are you stupid? drogba scored 5 goals in 24 apps for chelsea last season. so one performance against a useless team like bayern is enough to make us forget his spastic performance throughout the season? this is why arguing with you can be tedious. you asked me to name a striker more ineffective than torres in the last 2 seasons, drogba and lukaku are 2 good answers. it's not about who scored in a final, it's about the overall performance throughout the season.

Lukaku that played a total of 164 league minutes for Chelsea is now squadering chances? Abeg was it in the 164 substitute mins that he was squadering them>?

if he was good, why was he sent on loan when torres was the only striker in chelsea?

The clip I showed you where lampard laid on the plate for Torres, Suarez, Demba, RvP would have scored those, what did Torres do with his? He "Cutback" lol How can he get shots when all he is interested in is cutting back and keeping shekpe

they wouldn't have scored those.....the space wasn't there again as torres touched the ball and he quickly made a cut-back to a fellow teammate who wasn't alert enough to follow up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

All everyone seems to focus on is Torres vs Ba, even when it is now glaring that Ba is not a significant improvement on Torres.
Ba 4 goals in 2013
Torres 1 goal in 2013

Yes the improvement is not significant indeed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

How would Torres get chances when he isnt in the position to get them?

How would he get chances when the chances he gets he cuts back?

How would he get chances when he lazes around the field

Demba that was getting chances from the same midfield, Was he bringing those chances from home?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
A-40:

Ba 4 goals in 2013
Torres 1 goal in 2013

Yes the improvement is not significant indeed

In fewer minutes vs tougher opponents Demba has scored 4 goals Torres has scored Just 1 and we are to believe he isnt a significant improvement

Even though Ba got double of Torres shots and goals in his last 5 games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

this is what the idiots cannot see.....
i can understand torres getting 117 scoring chances and squandering all of them but a striker who gets crumbs cannot match the likes of suarez or van persie. it's not just possible. 19% conversion rate = 22 league goals. shout outs to downing, sterling, gerrard, joe allen, glen johnson and enriquez.

thumb down to MAZACAR, lampard and ramirez!
liverpool know how to get the best out of their striker - chelsea don't know it yet. i was speaking to a chelsea fan the other day and he said the MAZACAR project is excellent on paper but ineffective in practical.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Demba has more shots in the last 5 games than Torres

In the last 5 games Demba played for chelsea all competitions he had 12 shots 7 on target

In the last 5 games torres played for Chelsea all competition he has 6 shots total and 3 on target

Dayo stop being obtuse...Out of thos 5, Ba had 6 shots in 1 game with 4 on target.

Remove that. and his stat is exactly the same - 6 shots, 3 on target.

That suggests that the game was 6 shots was an exception not the norm!

Considering that Demba played 90 mins vs City a tough away game, 76 mins vs Man utd a tough away game . Torres in that time played 90mins vs Boro,and Steau

This means NOTHING...Ba started the game against Brentford and only registered 2 shots.
I need to know your weed supplier, He has some good shiit
Only the piffest bud- No stems or seeds. If you come round North London, I can mos def hook you up!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Dayo stop being obtuse...Out of thos 5, Ba had 6 shots in 1 game with 4 on target.

hahahahahahaha - dayo is getting trumped! he still cannot see the importance of suarez's conversion rate. 19% conversion rate is freaking poor but because liverpool give suarez so many chances, he still leads the scorer's charts! man utd, liverpool, spurs, etc are greater than the sum of their parts. chelsea are worse than the sum of their parts. MAZACAR should be creating 10 shots per game for torres with their skills.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

In fewer minutes vs tougher opponents Demba has scored 4 goals Torres has scored Just 1 and we are to believe he isnt a significant improvement

Dayo you are a certifiable loon
3 of those goals came against Southampton - The 'tougher' opposition currently involved in a relegation battle.
The other goal was against Westbrom

In the last 13 games Ba has played and scored, he has started 9, so what are these fewer minutes you are talking about?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

3 of those goals came against Southampton - The 'tougher' opposition currently involved in a relegation battle.

In the last 13 games Ba has played and scored, he has started 9, so what are these fewer minutes you are talking about?

he's a retard
the same welbeck that scored against madrid couldn't score against cluj. by dayo's standard....cluj is tougher than madrid. you know demba ba has failed when his fans are counting he's scored 4 goals in 2013(3 of them against southampton and the other one against west brom). torres' goal against arsenal at the emirates weigh more in gold than demba's total haul in a blue shirt.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Why should we remove the game vs West brom? Ok if we do then we rate Demba in away games vs Man Utd, Newcastle abd man Citeh while we rate Torres in games vs Steau, 2nd division Boro and Sparta Prague at home

That sounds very logical to you right?

This means NOTHING...Ba started the game against Brentford and only registered 2 shots.

Only the piffest bud- No stems or seeds. If you come round North London, I can mos def hook you up!

You expect the same shot when a striker plays Man City and Man Utd away and another plays Boro and Steau?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
I Understand how Bad it feels to Concede defeat in an arguement, it looks like ur dignity and reputation have been rapèd In the street!

Then, u'd have to know that the more u make a Mountain out of a self concluded Logical debate, the more Stupiid u Appear.

Torres has failed! I dont need to reside in UK or work for Skysports to tell u that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
El Guapo:

Well, i wish i'd tell u and u pay heed to my words.

Nando's body language tells the whole story.

Simply put, he's a bad fit at Chelsea.

If he wasn't a bad fit before, then the summer of 2012
certainly pushed him over the edge. We loaded up on attacking midfield talent as Roman chased the tiki-taka dream, recruiting Hazard, Oscar, Marko and Moses to place alongside Mata.

The resulting hybrid of "Mazacar" proceeded to play
some absolutely scintillating soccer across the advanced
midfield line, but lacked a genuine target in the box to
finish off the chances.

Why? Torres was 20 yards from goal, eager to get involved in the silky, creative stuff.

The truth is, Torres has never been an 18 yard poacher like Bent or Raul.
When Nando was at Liverpool, 69% {56} of his goals came from defence-splitting through-balls (via LFCHistory.net). AVB tried that on him before the Mazacar intro but it all failed.

For Nando to respond to pressures by looking exasperated and helpless suggests that its never going to get any better.
At times, it looks like he's scared to shoulder the responsibility of scoring the team's goals, at others it appears he's trying a false-nine tactic witout telling anyone else the plan.

U Wont be playing double standards by admitting that Nando has Failed, put away the Limited goalscoring Chances analysis.

He [Nando] was my favorite 9 while at Liverpool, even in his first season with us - But the more i defended him, the more i was made to Swallow my words!

Now this is just rubbish.

You have twisted and squirmed but you have not answered my question.

I ask you again:

Why was Torres getting such a meagre amount of chances at the inception of the MaZaCar project?

Simple question in simple English requiring a simple Answer and not bitter vituperation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
El Guapo: I Understand how Bad it feels to Concede defeat in an arguement, it looks like ur dignity and reputation have been rapèd In the street!

Then, u'd have to know that the more u make a Mountain out of a self concluded Logical debate, the more Stupiid u Appear.

Torres has failed! I dont need to reside in UK or work for Skysports to tell u that.

i know your standard is very high so i would like to agree with your standard that torres has failed. however, this same high standard of yours should also reveal demba ba has failed as well. you cannot have it both ways. it's either you agree torres/ba have both failed or they have both done well using your high standard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

But Torres this same time has been playing vs Boro 2nd div, Startak, Steau, Wigan, Reading and QPR- Worse than Southampton and brom and still cant hit water when thrown off a boat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs: Now this is just rubbish.

You have twisted and squirmed but you have not answered my question.

I ask you again:

Why was Torres getting such a meagre amount of chances at the inception of the MaZaCar project?

Simple question in simple English requiring a simple Answer and not bitter vituperation.

Simple because he wasnt making the necesary run a striker should be making to get chances. The same ailment that has bedevilled him since last season when there was no MAZACAR and they blames Kalou, Sturridge and Anelka

The same ailment that made him score 7 goals in 27 appearances for the best NT in football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Why should we remove the game vs West brom? Ok if we do then we rate Demba in away games vs Man Utd, Newcastle abd man Citeh while we rate Torres in games vs Steau, 2nd division Boro and Sparta Prague at home

That sounds very logical to you right?

You expect the same shot when a striker plays Man City and Man Utd away and another plays Boro and Steau?

You really should be sectioned....

Like I said earlier, in the last 6 games played:

Torres had 1 game where he blazed 5 shots(Sparta)
Ba had 1 where he blazed 6(West brom)

Asides these singular games, they have exactly the same poor stats!

You are chatting about Ba playing against Man city, Man utd et al..Ba registered only 2 shots against Brentford!

Or is Brentford in their league?

I don tire for una o sad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

But Torres this same time has been playing vs Boro 2nd div, Startak, Steau, Wigan, Reading and QPR- Worse than Southampton and brom and still cant hit water when thrown off a boat

he's scored against arsenal and man city this season - i don't see how wigan, steau or qpr would prove any difficulty. in the last 18 months, torres has scored against man utd, barcelona, arsenal, man city, italy(euro final), and plenty of other tough oppositions. put it on the plate for him and he would score.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Simple because he wasnt making the necesary run a striker should be making to get chances. The same ailment that has bedevilled him since last season when there was no MAZACAR and they blames Kalou, Sturridge and Anelka

The same ailment that made him score 7 goals in 27 appearances for the best NT in football

So what is Ba's excuse for having a similarly apalling shooting rate?

Stats do not lie...

Only a fool argues with numbers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

i know your standard is very high so i would like to agree with your standard that torres has failed. however, this same high standard of yours should also reveal demba ba has failed as well. you cannot have it both ways. it's either you agree torres/ba have both failed or they have both done well using your high standard.

Exactly!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

So what is Ba's excuse for having a similarly apalling shooting rate?

Stats do not lie...

Only a fool argues with numbers.

the retards would only follow beer parlour opinions. why is ba excellent and torres poor? that's the question these charlatans cannot answer. we either agree both have been poor or both are excellent but being let down by a selfish midfield. demba has not improved chelsea's attack. lampard or mata are still the highest goal scorer @ chelsea. a certain sissoko(attacking midfielder) in newcastle has scored 3 league goals since ba joined chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu: Simple because he wasnt making the necesary run a striker should be making to get chances. The same ailment that has bedevilled him since last season when there was no MAZACAR and they blames Kalou, Sturridge and Anelka

Two things!

Poor Comprehension Skills Or Eye defect - This Jackbauer na total pant compared to the One wey dey pursue terrorist for 24 grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
El Guapo: I Understand how Bad it feels to Concede defeat in an arguement, it looks like ur dignity and reputation have been rapèd In the street!

Shut up you blue-fonting Mexican jelly-bean!

Like I said only a fool argues with numbers.

The stats for Ba and Torres are actually very similar....

You say Ba:
El Guapo:

... made it to Chelsea when its obvious everything was out of Place - the flair and Creativity we exhumed under RDM was lost, players morale thwarted and then a Manager that centered his philosophy in Conservativity.

then you say:
El Guapo: .

You are more two-faced than Janus!

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.