Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,388 members, 7,894,672 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 01:31 PM

Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? (8357 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2012
truthislight:

^^^
You dont need force or retaliation to preach the gospel, otherwise, knife/sword will have been usefull in Jesus/peter's case in the garden.

Take note: "paul planted, Appolos watered, but God keep makingt it grow" the bible says.

and what is your argurment? Let me ask you this: Where is the first true source of modern christianity?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2012
Pastor AIO:

What did Jesus prophecy? Is it not that the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. What he binds on earth is bound in heaven and loosed on earth loosed in heaven?

That is a heavy Authority to give. Why is it so hard to respect such authority?

I just can't understand what the beef is...
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 9:44am On Sep 04, 2012
chukwudi44:

Which topic? What historical proof have you adduced so far to disprove the canonisation of the bible by the catholic church? You have not been able anwer the questions I posed but keep dodging my questions.

What historical proof do you have to show that the bible was not canonised by the catholic church.You keep shouting bible this and bible that without any knowlege of how it all came about.

What biblical proof do you have to prove that the gospels were written by any of their acclaimed authours? More than 10 gospels were in circulation ,how do we know which of these gospels are genuine.

Who were the early xtians who ran the church in the second,third and fourth centuries

next you will tell me that catholics wrote the bible they dont used.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2012
chukwudi44: That is why he is quoting human^^^^ instead of the bible.

So the books of the bible were not written by humans abi? They all fell down from heaven?

Why you refer to the bible are you not refferring to the scriptural books that was canonised by these same catholic church.why don't you quote any of the other books that were not canonised.

You keep blabbing like the bible has always been there from the begining.Do you that some biblical authours quoted and referred to other books not in the bible.Do you know prophet Nathan wrote a book,we also have books of jasher,ahijoh and enoch quoted and reffered to by biblical authors.

Even the 1 corithians was not really paul's first letter to the corithians.He had actually written to them before that letter but the records have been lost.He also wrote a letter to the ladocieans which is no longer extant

can you define what your own version of the word "canonization" means?

This word does take different meaning by different people depending on the debate/argument..
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Rich4god(m): 10:15am On Sep 04, 2012
truthislight:

next you will tell me that catholics wrote the bible they dont used.
i still dont understand how/why you guys claim that catholics dont read/use the bible... All these verses we have been quoting here is taken from where?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 10:20am On Sep 04, 2012
mkmyers45:

and what is your argurment? Let me ask you this: Where is the first true source of modern christianity?

what we have now with false doctrine is a corrupt version.

The bible said that after the death of the apostle that satan will ensure apostacy took place.
2thessolonians 2:3-6.

So, the true church was there when the apostles were around.

Even as of when the apostle John the last of the apostle wrote/saw the visions of revelation, Jesus sent him warning masseges to the 7 congregation that they were leaving/deviating from the right way.

Like paul said in the book of 2thessolonians 2:9-12, that when this apostacy by satan has finally taken place that people must have a love of the truth to be saved and failure to do this means that they will be damned.

truth = John 17:17(Jesus praying to his father)

we now have pegan doctrine instead of the truth.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 10:22am On Sep 04, 2012
mkmyers45:

I just can't understand what the beef is...

read the bible you will understand.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2012
Rich4god:
i still dont understand how/why you guys claim that catholics dont read/use the bible... All these verses we have been quoting here is taken from where?

go through you doctrine and see how many are base on the scriptures.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by PastorAIO: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2012
truthislight:

The bible said that after the death of the apostle that satan will ensure apostacy took place.

Even as of when the apostle John the last of the apostle wrote/saw the visions of revelation, Jesus sent him warning masseges to the 7 congregation that they were leaving/deviating from the right way.

Like paul said in the book of 2thessolonians 2:9-12, that when this apostacy by satan has finally taken place that people must have a love of the truth to be saved and failure to do this means that they will be damned.

Truthislight, you are not making sense. They asked you a simple question.

Where is the first true source of modern christianity?

You are misquoting the bible. Where did 2Thessalonians say that apostacy must come after the last apostle dies? Was that passage referring to the church?

In fact none of the verses you are quoting have any bearing on what is being discussed.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2012
truthislight:

read the bible you will understand.

The pagan bible?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by MacDaddy01: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2012
We all know that the bible/scriptures were not arranged or numbered originally. Who cannonized the bible, frosbel and truhtislight?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2012
truthislight:

You are not making any sense ooo and you didn't answer my question...
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Rich4god(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2012
truthislight:

go through you doctrine and see how many are base on the scriptures.

Basically all of the catholic doctrines are from the bible. Do you mind telling me which of the doctrine that is not from the bible, and i will look it up for you.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
@truthislight

Please did you study logic @ all in school? You just keep posting and blabbing even when you are talking about has no bearing on what is being discussed.

You keep quoting bible passages but has unable to tell me how the books of the bible came about.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2012
chukwudi44: @truthislight

Please did you study logic @ all in school? You just keep posting and blabbing even when you are talking about has no bearing on what is being discussed.

You keep quoting bible passages but has unable to tell me how the books of the bible came about.

The books of the bible came from already preserved scripture which had nothing to do with the catholic church.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
frosbel:

The books of the bible came from already preserved scripture which had nothing to do with the catholic church.

Where are these preserved scriptures today?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Rich4god(m): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2012
frosbel:

Who preserved it, and how did it end up in the hands of the catholic church?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
frosbel:

Please expatiate on this claim.Who preserved it? What year were they preserved? How was the RCC not involved Kindly provide answers to these questions with scriptural or historical proof
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by MacDaddy01: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
Frosbel and Truthislight can not answer the questions because they would expose thier lies against the catholic church. The catholic church might be brutal and oppressive but they cnonized the bible.

It is a sin to lie according to the bible, Frosbel. Tell the truth
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by italo: 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
MacDaddy01: Frosbel and Truthislight can not answer the questions because they would expose thier lies against the catholic church. The catholic church might be brutal and oppressive but they cnonized the bible.

It is a sin to lie according to the bible, Frosbel. Tell the truth

Tell the truth? That liar!

The next he'll do will be to run away and open another thread of lies.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by MacDaddy01: 9:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
italo:

Tell the truth? That liar!

The next he'll do will be to run away and open another thread of lies.

Of course, that is his method
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01: We all know that the bible/scriptures were not arranged or numbered originally. Who cannonized the bible, frosbel and truhtislight?

IF THE CLAIMED WAS THAT THEY "ARRANGE AND NUMBERED THE BIBLE" WE WILL NOT BE HERE TALKING/ARGUING.

NO HONEST PERSON WILL NUMBER A BOOK THAT WAS WRITTEN BY ANOTHER PERSON AND LETTER COME FORWARD TO CLAIM OWNERSHIP.

NOW YOU SEEM TO BE UNDERSTANDING WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

FOR YOU, YOUR CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR ON THIS ISSUE THAT IS WHY YOU USED THE CHOICE OF WORDS ABOVE, ARRANGE/NUMBERED.

SO, GOING BY THE WORDS ABOVE I HAVE NO ARGUMENT WITH YOU.

CAUSE I HAD EARLIER SAID THAT THEY ONLY PUT A STAMP ON WHAT WAS ALREADY IN EXISTANCE. QED
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich4god:
Basically all of the catholic doctrines are from the bible. Do you mind telling me which of the doctrine that is not from the bible, and i will look it up for you.

SORRY MATE.

YOU HAVE THE BIBLE, DO THAT ON YOUR OWN, IF YOU CANT THEN, SO BE IT.
PEACE
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by PastorAIO: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

IF THE CLAIMED WAS THAT THEY "ARRANGE AND NUMBERED THE BIBLE" WE WILL NOT BE HERE TALKING/ARGUING.

NO HONEST PERSON WILL NUMBER A BOOK THAT WAS WRITTEN BY ANOTHER PERSON AND LETTER COME FORWARD TO CLAIM OWNERSHIP.

FOR YOU, YOUR CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR ON THIS ISSUE THAT IS WHY YOU USED THE CHOICE OF WORDS ABOVE, ARRANGE/NUMBERED.

CAUSE I HAD EARLIER SAID THAT THEY ONLY PUT A STAMP ON WHAT WAS ALREADY IN EXISTANCE. QED

What about the Canonised part?

MacDaddy01: We all know that the bible/scriptures were not arranged or numbered originally. Who cannonized the bible, frosbel and truhtislight?

what about these other questions?
mkmyers45:

Where are these preserved scriptures today, abeg answer now?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by MacDaddy01: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

Since you agree that they canonised the bible that you use why would any other church have the right to question the catholcs?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

YOU CAN BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU LIKE, IT IS A FREE WORLD.
PEACE
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

PEACE

You are being inconsiderate and trying to wiggle your way out of these and i will let it be but i got one word for you 'If you can't prove it shut it'
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich4god:
Who preserved it, and how did it end up in the hands of the catholic church?

YOU CAN HARDLY CALL ALTERATIONS AND ADDITIONS PRESERVED!

BUT FOR THE OWNER OF THE BOOK PROVIDING OLDER MANUSCRIPTS FOR RESTORATION RCC WOULD HAVE DISTORTED GOD'S WORD.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

YOU CAN HARDLY CALL ALTERATIONS AND ADDITIONS PRESERVED!

BUT FOR THE OWNER OF THE BOOK PROVIDING OLDER MANUSCRIPTS FOR RESTORATION RCC WOULD HAVE DISTORTED GOD'S

Huh? Why are you failing to make sense? What alteration and addition are you talking about?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
chukwudi44:

Please expatiate on this claim.Who preserved it? What year were they preserved? How was the RCC not involved Kindly provide answers to these questions with scriptural or historical proof

DONT MISDIRECT THE TOPIC.

YOU CLAIM TO HAVE GIVING US THE BIBLE.

THAT CLAIM IS THE BONE OF CONTENTION HERE.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by italo: 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

PEACE

Typical protestant.

You lie, you get disproved, you find an easy and lame excuse to flee.

So it has suddenly become a free world. When you started ranting on what you don't know, it wasn't a free world then, abi?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
There was an old saying , the catholic church 'canonised' the bible in Latin, contradicted it, disobeyed it, refused to have it translated from Latin into any other Language, prevented the masses from seeing it or owning a copy , hunted down those that dared to take them on, killed some, burnt not a few and tortured countless numbers.

Anyway the bible was eventually translated into many languages and so the catholic church was exposed , lost it's grip on the massses, the rest is history. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are Men Of God Above Criticism? / Atheists, Who Generates The Force That Rotates Planet / How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.