Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,218 members, 7,925,776 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 10:58 PM

Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? (8387 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by italo: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
frosbel: There was an old saying , the catholic church 'canonised' the bible in Latin, contradicted it, disobeyed it, refused to have it translated from Latin into any other Language, prevented the masses from seeing it or owning a copy , hunted down those that dared to take them on, killed some, burnt not a few and tortured countless numbers.

Anyway the bible was eventually translated into many languages and so the catholic church was exposed , lost it's grip on the massses, the rest is history. grin

How about answering the simple questions put to you, liar?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
frosbel: There was an old saying , the catholic church 'canonised' the bible in Latin, contradicted it, disobeyed it, refused to have it translated from Latin into any other Language, prevented the masses from seeing it or owning a copy , hunted down those that dared to take them on, killed some, burnt not a few and tortured countless numbers.

Anyway the bible was eventually translated into many languages and so the catholic church was exposed , lost it's grip on the massses, the rest is history. grin

And you kind sir know nothing more than a conspiracy-mongering,hate-filled man who likes nothing better than opening threads and running up and down em

Leave the CC alone...when you have something genuine then bring it up for discussion...

Little wonder you abandoned your thread for long.

Peace
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
Oh well this not even the first time he is opening such threads: https://www.nairaland.com/730303/did-roman-catholic-church-give
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01: Frosbel and Truthislight can not answer the questions because they would expose thier lies against the catholic church. The catholic church might be brutal and oppressive but they cnonized the bible.

It is a sin to lie according to the bible, Frosbel. Tell the truth

CANONIZATION IS A BAIT THAT THEY DISH OUT TO YOU AND USE IT TO CLAIM OWNERSHIP.

ASK THEM TO EXPLAIN WHAT THEY HAVE IN MIND WHEN THEY SAY CANONIZATION YOU WILL SEE THEM ADD SALT, PEPE/SPICES.

I SAID THAT THEY ONLY PUT A STAMP ON WHAT WAS ALREADY IN EXISTANCE.

SHOULD THAT NOT BE ENOUGH CREDIT FOR AN HONEST PERSON? NO. THEY WANT US TO BELIEF THE LIE THAT GOD'S WORD IS A GIFT TO US FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, ONCE THEY SELL THIS LIE TO YOU THEN THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR FAITH.

HOW CAN THEY CLAIM THAT THE BIBLE WAS THEIR OWN WHEN AS FAR BACK AS THE FIRST CENTURY THERE WAS CHRISTIANITY IN PLACES AS FAR AS ETHIOPIA IN AFRICA AND OTHER NATION/?

WHAT WERE THIS CHRISTIANS USING TO STUDY/BUILD THEIR FAITH/

HOW WAS IT POSSIBLE TO DETECT THAT THERE WAS ALTERATIONS IN THE SCRIPTURES IF THERE WHERE NO OTHER BOOK OF THE SCRIPTURES?

WHEN THE APOSTLE PAUL WENT TO THESSALONICA THE BROTHERS THERE WELCOMED HIM AND AKNOWLEDGE THAT THE WORDS FROM THE APOSTLES WERE THE WORDS OF GOD.
IF THE BELIEVERS THEN ACCEPTED THE WORDS OF THE APOSTLES AS THE WORDS OF GOD THEN HOW DO YOU IMAGINE THEY WOULD HAVE KEPT THOSE WRITINGS? 1THESSALONINS 2;13

WOULD THEY HAVE TO WAIT TILL 300YEARS LATER TO BE GIVEN GODS WORD? NO
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

And you kind sir know nothing more than a conspiracy-mongering,hate-filled man who likes nothing better than opening threads and running up and down em

Leave the CC alone...when you have something genuine then bring it up for discussion...

Peace

False doctrine is what stands between our salvation or perdition.

To suggest that we sweep the dirt under the carpet is a subtle way of asking us to shut up and let this confusion continue.

I say Nay !!

Ask your Pope to start another inquisition grin, they have killed millions in the past, must be second nature to them by now .
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by PastorAIO: 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
Truthislight, Why don't you use the Book of Enoch to 'study/build your faith'?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

CANONIZATION IS A BAIT THAT THEY DISH OUT TO YOU AND USE IT TO CLAIM OWNERSHIP.

ASK THEM TO EXPLAIN WHAT THEY HAVE IN MIND WHEN THEY SAY CANONIZATION YOU WILL SEE THEM ADD SALT, PEPE/SPICES.

I SAID THAT THEY ONLY PUT A STAMP ON WHAT WAS ALREADY IN EXISTANCE.

SHOULD THAT NOT BE ENOUGH CREDIT FOR AN HONEST PERSON? NO. THEY WANT US TO BELIEF THE LIE THAT GOD'S WORD IS A GIFT TO US FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, ONCE THEY SELL THIS LIE TO YOU THEN THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR FAITH.

HOW CAN THEY CLAIM THAT THE BIBLE WAS THEIR OWN WHEN AS FAR BACK AS THE FIRST CENTURY THERE WAS CHRISTIANITY IN PLACES AS FAR AS ETHIOPIA IN AFRICA AND OTHER NATION/?

WHAT WERE THIS CHRISTIANS USING TO STUDY/BUILD THEIR FAITH/

HOW WAS IT POSSIBLE TO DETECT THAT THERE WAS ALTERATIONS IN THE SCRIPTURES IF THERE WHERE NO OTHER BOOK OF THE SCRIPTURES?

WHEN THE APOSTLE PAUL WENT TO THESSALONICA THE BROTHERS THERE WELCOMED HIM AND AKNOWLEDGE THAT THE WORDS FROM THE APOSTLES WERE THE WORDS OF GOD.
IF THE BELIEVERS THEN ACCEPTED THE WORDS OF THE APOSTLES AS THE WORDS OF GOD THEN HOW DO YOU IMAGINE THEY WOULD HAVE KEPT THOSE WRITINGS? 1THESSALONINS 2;13

WOULD THEY HAVE TO WAIT TILL 300YEARS LATER TO BE GIVEN GODS WORD? NO

No need to type in capital blocks...its offensive

Let me ask you something: Who are those first century christians? How could first century christians have accessed books like esther? What of book of Enoch,Gospel of Thomas,Gospel of Jesus's history? I hope you know most biblical records were in letter form?

And

truthislight:

YOU CAN HARDLY CALL ALTERATIONS AND ADDITIONS PRESERVED!

BUT FOR THE OWNER OF THE BOOK PROVIDING OLDER MANUSCRIPTS FOR RESTORATION RCC WOULD HAVE DISTORTED GOD'S

So you agree that they did alter the bible yes? Thats cool then...

Peace
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Since you agree that they canonised the bible that you use why would any other church have the right to question the catholcs?

THE WORD "CANONIZATION" IS PREGNANT.

DID YOU NOT SAY ARRANGE/NUMBERED?

MacDaddy01: We all know that the bible/scriptures were not arranged or numbered originally. Who cannonized the bible, frosbel and truhtislight?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
frosbel:

To suggest that we sweep the dirt under the carpet is a subtle way of asking us to shut up and let this confusion continue.

I say Nay !!

Ask your Pope to start another inquisition grin, they have killed millions in the past, must be second nature to them by now .

You wish i was an RC....You cannot undermine the historical importance of RC in the bible we have today can you? I asked you severally and i will ask again...Where are the original bible scrolls?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by italo: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
frosbel:

I say Nay !!

*Somebody's trying so hard to avoid the topic of discussion. Somebody's trying to run away from the questions put to him because they'll expose his lies. Somebody's doing the "DOCTRINAL DANCE"*

Typical protestant.

Typical Frosbel.

Typical hypocrite.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

THE WORD "CANONIZATION" IS PREGNANT.

DID YOU NOT SAY ARRANGE/NUMBERED?

Why dont you go ahead and do justice to the word? undecided undecided
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

You are being inconsiderate and trying to wiggle your way out of these and i will let it be but i got one word for you 'If you can't prove it shut it'

TO YOU NO PROOF' BUT TO A NONPARTISANT READER WHO KNOWS?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

TO YOU NO PROOF' BUT TO A NONPARTISANT READER WHO KNOWS?

Its very difficult to understand what you write....Can you re-phrase?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2012

THANKS BROOO
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
@truthislight

The other gospels like gospel of thomas,gospel of mary,gospel of marcion e.t.c has long being in existence. Why do you stick to the roman catholic
canon?even the book of enoch,jubilees preceded the xtian faith yet they did not make it to the catholic canon why don't you go ahead to use it in your worship
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
of course not. can you bring out something clean from something so unclean JOB 14 VS 4 ?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
italo:

How about answering the simple questions put to you, liar?

WHO IS THE LIAR HERE SELF?

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN YOUR HISTORY?

WE JUST DONT WANT TO USE WIKI TO DEFEND THE OBVIOUSE AS YOU CAN SEE, THE BIBLE ON ITS OWN CONTAIN INTERNAL HAMONY THAT CAN DEFEND ITSELF.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
obadiah777: of course not. can you bring out something clean from something so unclean JOB 14 VS 4 ?

Mr Buzugee how many bottles of shekpe today? grin grin Abeg where did we get the word we exegate everyday?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

WHO IS THE LIAR HERE SELF?

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN YOUR HISTORY?

WE JUST DONT WANT TO USE WIKI TO DEFEND THE OBVIOUSE AS YOU CAN SEE, THE BIBLE ON ITS OWN CONTAIN INTERNAL HAMONY THAT CAN DEFEND ITSELF.

I dey laugh grin
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

Peace

HMMM! WANDERS SHALL NEVER END.

I HAVE NOT SEEN YOU EXTEND PEACE TO SOMEONE BEFORE!
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
Pastor AIO: Truthislight, Why don't you use the Book of Enoch to 'study/build your faith'?

IS HE AN APOSTLE?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2012

When the RCC did not translate the bible why wasn't it done by the people you referred to as the "early christians".

Even would you also say the apostles were also conspiring to hide the truth by failing to translate the scriptures.

The fact remains that greek and latin were the main global languages in the world then and virtually everyone who can read and write were conversant with both languages.
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

No need to type in capital blocks...its offensive

Let me ask you something: Who are those first century christians? How could first century christians have accessed books like esther? What of book of Enoch,Gospel of Thomas,Gospel of Jesus's history? I hope you know most biblical records were in letter form?

And

So you agree that they did alter the bible yes? Thats cool then...

Peace

those people you mention are they christ apostles?

you just dont get it do you?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

IS HE AN APOSTLE?

He was a prophet and he was holy and walked with God...one of the most holiest men in the bible so?

So all bible books must have been written by apostle eh?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

HMMM! WANDERS SHALL NEVER END.

I HAVE NOT SEEN YOU EXTEND PEACE TO SOMEONE BEFORE!

Wow....Someone has been stalking my posts grin grin grin
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

Mr Buzugee how many bottles of shekpe today? grin grin Abeg where did we get the word we exegate everyday?
I done gave up the shekpe. I am as clean as the board of health grin grin .The words were inherent in Adam. However after the fall of Adam and subsequent generations the lord took away the innate ability for the word. The world was hence in darkness while the heathens took over the world and ran rampant putting the Israelites in all kinds of slavery. However amongst the israelites were a few good men inspired by God who later became the elect whom Christ came to die for to give spiritual ressurection so that their spirit will be permanently in touch with the father. these men are the first fruits. the first ressurection. these are the men who wrote the bible. THE ELECT OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL. However they got swallowed up by the greco-roman empire ( revelation 11 vs 7) and then iconoclasm kicked in ( job 9 vs 24 ) ( 1 maccabees 3 vs 48 ) and as a result of iconoclasm all the images and stories got europeanized. which is why the KJV is the only bible to read because it was the version created on the cusp of the european rennaisance. later versions is when the grecoromans had a solid foothold in the world and started making changes to earlier versions. and there you have it monsieur Mkmyers45
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
chukwudi44: @truthislight

The other gospels like gospel of thomas,gospel of mary,gospel of marcion e.t.c has long being in existence. Why do you stick to the roman catholic
canon?even the book of enoch,jubilees preceded the xtian faith yet they did not make it to the catholic canon why don't you go ahead to use it in your worship

my friend,

the NT scriptures are writtings of the apostles.

very simple,

or, cant you get this simple fact?
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
obadiah777: of course not. can you bring out something clean from something so unclean JOB 14 VS 4 ?

hahaha,

good kwession

1 Like

Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
obadiah777: I done gave up the shekpe. I am as clean as the board of health grin grin .The words were inherent in Adam. However after the fall of Adam and subsequent generations the lord took away the innate ability for the word. The world was hence in darkness while the heathens took over the world and ran rampant putting the Israelites in all kinds of slavery. However amongst the israelites were a few good men inspired by God who later became the elect whom Christ came to die for to give spiritual ressurection so that their spirit will be permanently in touch with the father. these men are the first fruits. the first ressurection. these are the men who wrote the bible. THE ELECT OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL. However they got swallowed up by the greco-roman empire ( revelation 11 vs 7) and then iconoclasm kicked in ( job 9 vs 24 ) ( 1 maccabees 3 vs 48 ) and as a result of iconoclasm all the images and stories got europeanized. which is why the KJV is the only bible to read because it was the version created on the cusp of the european rennaisance. later versions is when the grecoromans had a solid foothold in the world and started making changes to earlier versions. and there you have it monsieur Mkmyers45

Wow...You never fail to crack me up grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

is obadiah777 buzugee

but he is not doing badly though grin grin grin
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

Wow...You never fail to crack me up grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Its all biblical brethren. all biblical. scripture is of no private interpretation now. when christ kingdom is established on earth we will not need bibles anymore because the word will be innate in us again. the whole laws statutes and commandments will be put in our soul. its a beautiful thang brother grin grin
Re: Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? by truthislight: 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
chukwudi44:

When the RCC did not translate the bible why wasn't it done by the people you referred to as the "early christians".

Even would you also say the apostles were also conspiring to hide the truth by failing to translate the scriptures.

The fact remains that greek and latin were the main global languages in the world then and virtually everyone who can read and write were conversant with both languages.

the common language in use in the first century ce was greek, and the original NT WAS WRITTEN IN GREEK.
PEACE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? / ‘my Grass To Grace Story’ – Prophet Joshua Iginla Recounts / Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.