Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,707 members, 7,914,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:33 PM

Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments (17062 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / PDP Loyalists Burn Their Old Clothes As They Defect To APC In Rivers State. PICS / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by iconaus: 10:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
It is too early to forget the war . we re witnessing the aftermath of the war today in Nigeria. What happened prior to civil war is repeating itself today and you say we should forget the civil war. Obj is not comfortable that nemesis will soon catch with him and other murderers. Can we forget the civil war when Obj and Co are still preventing igbos from getting the presidency . The war is still on . The earlier we face the reality the better for us by coming together to negotiate Nigeria or go the path of reconciliation or go our separate ways . Nigeria cannot afford to continue like until something happens . If not for the civil war lesion , Nigeria would have gone to war 3 times starting from Abiola saga to Boko wahala . OBJ is not a deep thinker and enlightened for making such statement
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by meetmeonline: 10:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
Kslib:
Just look at how to put the word backward blacks as if igbos aint black.. This inferiority complex of a thing is one major problem many black people have.. Always trying to claim something rather than trying to something so that others will claim them.. Ok,lets assume your jewish claim is true,
what has it changed?? Nothing!!!
Did it make your life better?? No!!!
Does it stop the whiteman from calling you a black monkey?? No!!!
Is there a jew inscription on your fore-head?? No!!!
Can you tell the difference btw an igbo man and a calabar/delta/edo/kogi man just by their structure of facial structure?? No!!
You said the igbos are stuck with backward black africans shey.. Pls go check the number of crimes committed in this country(minus the north).look east,west and south and tell me the tribe that tops the list hands down without arguement...
Go check the international crimes committed by Nigerians all over the world and tell me the tribe that tops that same list hands down...
LASTLY,WHAT MAKES YOU THINK BIAFRA WOULD BE ANY BETTER IF NIGERIA EVENTUALLY DIVIDES.. SO OTHERS WILL BE FOOLING THEMSELVES AND SLEEPING WHILE BIAFRA KEEPS DEVELOPING ABI?? PLS WAKE-UP!!
I HATE ANYTHING THAT USES TRIBE TO DISUNITE OR MAKE ANY TRIBE FEEL THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE OTHER.. I HATE TRIBAL WAR AND THE WORLD WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT TRIBE,RACE AND COLOUR,BUT I GUESS ITS TOO LATE..
LET ME END BY SAYING THIS "THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL,I MEAN NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT IGBO PEOPLE".. There are like any other Nigerian out there,the difference is that they have been brain washed to beleive they are better than any Nigerian who aint igbo...
I dont belong to any of the three main languages,but i beleive if Nigeria divides,the south-west would be better than biafra by far.. Just look around and see the conditions/enviroments and visions for the future both have,and you will know what i'm talking about... You dont just have to keep shouting and shouting just show us your present foundation and let us decide how strong the building will be...
IF YOU WANT TO SHOOT,SHOOT DONT TALK..
........My good friend, you started well but ended poorly...your writing feels like you are being intimidated by the high flyer competitive nature of the Igbo man....I see you are writing out of fear of domination (and that's the same national problem over the Igbos).....now ask yourself....if not one with a jewlike nature, which black tribe in Africa can hold an assisted country to war for as long as 30months with few weapons? how many black nation has ever invented a weapon of mass distruction from scratch? Which tribe can bounce back to prosperity and even begin to lead others after getting only 20pounds each just few years back....do you know the western people bought almost every foreign owned business during the indigenisation move just after the war? Now where are those companies they bought? The Igbos have always had the most unfortunate side of the story, yet finish with a leading competitive advantage...people say the Igbos don't go to school yet only Ebonyi in the SE is not among the first 7 in number of university enrolments in Nigeria per state...you say we are criminals, but you forget that all our crimes are targeted toward bringing money (GNP) back home and not as demonic as prostitution and terrorism that earns almost nothing........please do not talk of development because I stand to be corrected that the SE is the most widely urbanised part of Nigeria even though it is not aided by the national petrodollars like Abuja, PH and Lagos... We have almost no place we may call village again in the area as you'll be shocked to find an internet cafe in a place you call village, it is the only place you can almost never find school children without shoes anywhere (find out from any corps member) but you still find them in parts of SW....do not let Lagos make you think the west is developed, Lagos is only what it is today because it held the colony, national capital and has got Fashola. If the west were as you say, why is Abeokuta and Ibadan not as developed as the reviving Onitsha, Owerri and Aba that was badly hit during the war...If you know Lagos well you will understand that after the capital left here, if not for the head offices and the trade activities of the Igbo man, Lagos would have fallen to something like Ilorin...I was at Ibadan the other day and was almost weeping when I noticed that over 70% of the roofs had rusted zinc....a kind of zinc which is almost faced out in SEastern construction....the southwest only dominated when we were healing, but we are going back on top gradually....what I expect you to write is that the Igbos are a bit disorganised and are not united amongst themselves but this is like a tonic cus it makes us improve when we compete with each other.....I cry for those S-Southerners who don't like the Igbos....you have oil and somebody from a dusty village far away will be giving you percentage from oil in your own land and after everything you still beg to work in a company built on your farmland.....I GUESS THE IGBOS WOULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE MORE GENEROUS....we would have doubled the ridiculous 14% you are forced to manage and will not take your money overseas!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by texazzpete(m): 10:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dede1: One of the most idiotic aspects of the speech was the silly attempt to compare WWII with Britain-Nigeria\Biafra civil war. In WWII the battles were fought by independent countries and when the war ended, the combatants went back to their countries to rebuild and re-establish as they wished without little or no hindrance from opposing combatants.

However in the case of Nigeria\Biafra, the combatants remained in the same country and the so-called victors made sure vanquish never saw the rays of Sun again. Yet this goofy old fellow wants the Biafrans to forget. What a lapper.

Such an old bitter man you are, yet your ignorance is so nauseating.
In WWII, as a result of the German invasion of the Soviet Union, over 10 million Russians died...and many atrocities were committed. The Russians visited similar atrocities on the german population (albeit on a much smaller scale) and the hatred for the Germans was palpable. The whole of Eastern Europe was brought under the communist jackboot, Germany was partitioned, once-proud old nations like Poland were rendered mere vassals of the Soviet Union...and you say people just went back to 'rebuild and re-establish as they wished'?

Go find out what the Gestapo did to many frenchmen. Find out the numerous atrocities the Japanese forces carried out in China during WWII. Find out the horrific death toll the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki took...or the firebombing of Dresden that killed nearly 100000 people.

All these people have moved on. Israeli jews move and live freely in Germany. There are US bases in Japan and the US and Japan share close ties. German tourist walk the streets of Moscow. Japanese cars are more popular in the US than most American car brands.

people move on.

You demons want to keep sowing the seeds of hatred...shame on you!

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by texazzpete(m): 10:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
icon aus: It is too early to forget the war . we re witnessing the aftermath of the war today in Nigeria. What happened prior to civil war is repeating itself today and you say we should forget the civil war. Obj is not comfortable that nemesis will soon catch with him and other murderers. Can we forget the civil war when Obj and Co are still preventing igbos from getting the presidency . The war is still on . The earlier we face the reality the better for us by coming together to negotiate Nigeria or go the path of reconciliation or go our separate ways . Nigeria cannot afford to continue like until something happens . If not for the civil war lesion , Nigeria would have gone to war 3 times starting from Abiola saga to Boko wahala . OBJ is not a deep thinker and enlightened for making such statement

Nobody is 'preventing the Igbo from getting the Presidency'. It's a democracy...where are the Igbo leaders of note we're supposed to vote for? Orji Uzor Kalu? Why is there no single Governor in the South East that is spoken of with the same reverence as the likes of Fashola or even Oshiomhole? Does it have to be an Igbo Presidency before you feel appeased?

You people blather on and on about war...as someone once said "Only one who has never faced MAchine gun bullets can see war as 'fun'"
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by bankyman(m): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
eAnd what are you going to do about it.... let the sleeping dog lie, like the old man said for every body has one thing or the other to express their grieveance about.

PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ grieveance my sister. It's that admonition to 'FORGET' that irks; nobody (from all sides) should be told to forget, b'cos if we do and issues are left unresolved, then we are just postponing the evil day.....and the underlying simmering resentment would mean we can NEVER be a united country.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by asha80(m): 11:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
texazzpete:

Nobody is 'preventing the Igbo from getting the Presidency'. It's a democracy...where are the Igbo leaders of note we're supposed to vote for? Orji Uzor Kalu? Why is there no single Governor in the South East that is spoken of with the same reverence as the likes of Fashola or even Oshiomhole? Does it have to be an Igbo Presidency before you feel appeased?

You people blather on and on about war...as someone once said "Only one who has never faced MAchine gun bullets can see war as 'fun'"
hehe oshiomole.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by iconaus: 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
texazzpete:

What happened when Ekwueme was at the verge of clinching PDP ticket and OBJ was released from prison to stop him with the support of the ruling class Abubakar, Babangida and the likes? Just tell yourself the truth
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Ngwakwe: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
Apology and compensation should be paid to Biafrans for depriving them of their means of livelihood.

Why should a human with a brain seize peoples wealth after the war has ended, giving them twenty pounds irrespective of how much they have in the bank.

This is pure wickedness.

Restitution is needed from Nigerian Government to Easterners.

bankyman: eAnd what are you going to do about it.... let the sleeping dog lie, like the old man said for every body has one thing or the other to express their grieveance about.

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
aribisala0:
Many Igbos on this forum appear to place so much value in this business of being or not being a coward.I find this funny to be honest. So It is better to NOT be a coward or to prove you are not a coward and sacrifice the lives of millions of people. Cowardice and pragmatism on the one hand, Bravery and recklessness on the other may be two sides of the same coin and different currencies mean more to different peoples I suppose. That kind of resoluteness we saw in the Japanese who would then go on to commit suicide if they had been in Ojukwu's shoes but Ojukwu was not Japanese and people see the world differently.
Again many Igbos talk of Aburi . The reality is that Biafra was not in a position militarily to insist on Aburi or anything. It was defeated ab initio and the macabre dance of death that followed was an inevitable consequence of Ojukwu's choice. The issue is not who was right or wrong but a purely military one. Did the British discuss with anybody before amalgamating Nigeria in 1914? Why did we not go to war. Is it when an armed robber enters your house and point a gun at your son that you display bravery? Machismo is not bravery at all
Ojukwu had a bad hand if I may use a card metaphor. He had no good choices. No one is holding the Igbo down.Did Ojukuwu consult with the Non Igbo groups in Biafra and did they support him. As long as you open a Biafra debate you will find others who disagree with you.That will not change. You can always start the war again or get on with the current reality. What about the killings of Akintola,Sardauna,and others and Ironsi's handling of that affair is that not relevant too. The story has several sides to it.Not just an Igbo side
Col Ojukwu does not require to consult about 30% of non Igbo people of eastern Nigeria before declaring Biafra. It is never done anywhere in the world. Those non Igbo people had their representatives at the Eastern Nigerian parliament and they never dissented to the formation of the new nation. During Biafra's attempt to recapture Enugu from our enemies, new militias were formed for this purpose in 1967 and up to 10,000 turned up for recruitment which includes Igbo and non Igbo. Am mentioning this here because my cousin was one of the commanders of this formations. So through him, I have seen the names of those that were recruited or volunteered and they include Igbo and non Igbo. We can arrange for the details if you want since you reside in the U.K.
On the killing of Akintola and Sardauna, the killings were carried out by Igbo and non Igbo people. Check out the killing of Sardauna, most of the troops used by Nzeogwu were northerners. Even one of them later became the governor of Benue state-brig A. Kpera.
You guys should leave Ojukwu alone, he wasn't on his own but was loved and supported by his people.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by coogar: 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
icon aus:
What happened when Ekwueme was at the verge of clinching PDP ticket and OBJ was released from prison to stop him with the support of the ruling class Abubakar, Babangida and the likes? Just tell yourself the truth

why did the igbos vote for obj then if your claim is true that obj was let out of prison to stop ekwueme's presidential dreams? one thing i can tell you though - the yorubas did not vote for obj. he lost even on his street in 1999 so what's the fuss about? falae was the preferred candidate in the south west but the ndigbos colluded with the northerners as usual to put pdp in power!
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by texazzpete(m): 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
icon aus:

Ekwueme was outclassed by superior politics...it's as simple as that.
Why does it really have to be PDP you guys use to achieve your aims? Can you list for me all the South Eastern presidential candidates from the other parties in Nigeria (including APGA) and their selling point?

Where were you when APGA endorsed GEJ for presidency?

Where were you when Ohaneze urged all Igbos to vote for GEJ? Why not hold your 'candidate' to task?
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

why did the igbos vote for obj then if your claim is true that obj was let out of prison to stop ekwueme's presidential dreams? one thing i can tell you though - the yorubas did not vote for obj. he lost even on his street in 1999 so what's the fuss about? falae was the preferred candidate in the south west but the ndigbos colluded with the northerners as usual to put pdp in power!
Very simple. Ekwueme, immediately he lost congratulated OBJ and requested Ndigbo and his followers to support his PDP. During the fight agains military regime, the formation of G32 and up to the formation of PDP, Ekwueme had emerged as the sole recognised Igbo leader. He had won a lot of people's heart not just Ndigbo.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by emmaella: 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
babaolofin: If somebody you hate can not be silenced, you either ignore him or make yourself sad.

It is possible for somebody to be extrovert another might be introvert.
All the points you raised show that you are aggrieved and depressed each time Obj is being celeberated

Firstly, Nitel died out of inability to survive competition. It has enjoyed monopoly all its life. The monopoly set us back as a nation many years back. The story of your grandfather landline on nairaland is for the sick mind at the era when getting a trunk call from Lagos to PH or Kano to Owerri is almost impossible, all you get is "all trunk lines are busy". International call is by the grace of God, even with IDD. Most of the time, I have slept at Nitel exchange to make an international call call . The charge for an international call per minute is more than =N=200/minute after a long wait on the queue at the exchange. Telephone accessibility per person statistics is almost Zero. To get a Nitel line in commercial centers of Nigeria cost above =N=200,000/line (official + Nigerian factor),it is even higher for analogue cell phone (090) with his very limited functionalities and was used as a status definer. Multilinks, Starcoms and Intercellular lines cost over =N=120k/line. It takes months to get these lines after payment. I have fought at their offices several times to get my line after payment. For Nitel in some cities, digital line is not available even if you have money to pay.
Internet is the worst victim, only Nitel provides internet service. About two or three companies existing at the time were buying services from Nitel. Dial-up to these companies frustrated access to internet. Even CTL direct connection at the eve of breaking the monopoly did not help much as the bandwidth is being regulated by Nitel through services provided by GS Telecom. Communication was a nightmare. NCC cannot fully regulate Nitel operations as at that time. Nitel made itself more superior than the regulator.
The deregulation finally liberated millions of Nigerians and businesses currently enjoying access to information interchange. Some people fought this battle and paid the price.

On the Nigeria Airways, how many planes were operational as at handing over in 1979? How many planes were operational in 1999? How much debt both international and local was the airline owing? What is the rate of returns on investment made over the years by government? Who will be paying the staff salaries and those debts? How about royalty to government on the usage of FAAN properties? Should the government continue to run an indebted non profitable commercialized airline as a not for profit organization with the oil money?

Well, with the agenda at the aviation ministry now, we shall see where we are going.
Till date, except history is changed tomorrow, the greatest reforms we have had are those between 1976 -1979 and 1999 – 2003.
If everybody is thinking and acting the way you people do, we cannot survive as a nation, you will still be the victims rather than being victors.

[b]you will still be the victims rather than being victors. no country survives two civil wars.if that war repeats,nigeria will not win. that u and i know too well.even the country nigeria knows that too that is y every1 is talkig peace. so don't say the igbos will still victims.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by coogar: 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Very simple. Ekwueme, immediately he lost congratulated OBJ and requested Ndigbo and his followers to support his PDP. During the fight agains military regime, the formation of G32 and up to the formation of PDP, Ekwueme had emerged as the sole recognised Igbo leader. He had won a lot of people's heart not just Ndigbo.

there you go......
so why are the ndigbos moaning then? if they had kowtowed the yorubas in supporting falae, maybe things would have been better. however, to support a prodigal son like obasanjo who his people did not even want is like shooting one's foot in the foot!
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 11:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
texazzpete:

Ekwueme was outclassed by superior politics...it's as simple as that.
Why does it really have to be PDP you guys use to achieve your aims? Can you list for me all the South Eastern presidential candidates from the other parties in Nigeria (including APGA) and their selling point?

Where were you when APGA endorsed GEJ for presidency?

Where were you when Ohaneze urged all Igbos to vote for GEJ? Why not hold your 'candidate' to task?
Another simple one. Ohanaeze saw in Goodluck Jonathan as a politician from the eastern region. It is like the north presenting a candidate who is not Hausa Fulani. We Ndigbo had accepted G.E.J before Ohanaeze endorsed him.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 11:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

there you go......
so why are the ndigbos moaning then? if they had kowtowed the yorubas in supporting falae, maybe things would have been better. however, to support a prodigal son like obasanjo who his people did not even want is like shooting one's foot in the foot!
PDP was a national party and Ndigbo had bitter experiences of being in the minority party during the second republic. Ndigbo only supported the party at the centre, not just OBJ.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by emmaella: 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
babaolofin: you will still be the victims rather than being victors[/i][/b]. no country survives two civil wars.if that war repeats,nigeria will not win. that u and i know too well.even the country nigeria knows that too that is y every1 is talkig peace.so don't say the igbos will still victims. peace talks are moves by d political class to save/secure their stolen wealths.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by coogar: 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
Andre Uweh:
PDP was a national party and Ndigbo had bitter experiences of being in the minority party during the second republic. Ndigbo only supported the party at the centre, not just OBJ.

of which if they have thrown all their support behind AD, the outcome would have been loads different. letting PDP steal that march on their rivals is the reason we are here today. there's not going to be an end to their dominance. they would rule for the next 100 yrs. ndigbos have nothing to moan about - their wish has been granted!
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by joeyfire(m): 11:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

Don't get it twisted, ekwueme did not lose to obasanjo in a general election, he lost in the PDP primary elections. He lost because ekwueme was an igbo man and the northern military class wanted someone to cover their azzes with someone dirty that they could trust. Obj handed over to GEJ indirectly and because he was weak and was someone he could trust and the return of democracy to this country became compromised and has descended to the shyte we see today

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by emmaella: 11:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
[quote author=babaolofin: you will still be the victims rather than being victors[/i][/b]]
. no country survives two civil wars.if that war repeats,nigeria will not win. that u and i know too well.even the country nigeria knows that too that is y every1 is talkig peace.so don't say the igbos will still victims. peace talks are moves by d political class to save/secure their stolen wealths. [abaoblofin: you will still be the victims rather than being victors[/i][/b]/quote]
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by emmaella: 11:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
[quote author=b[/color][color=#990000]babaolofin: you will still be the victims rather than being victors[/i][/b]]
. no country survives two civil wars.if that war repeats,nigeria will not win. that u and i know too well.even the country nigeria knows that too that is y every1 is talkig peace.so don't say the igbos will still victims. peace talks are moves by d political class to save/secure their stolen wealths. [abaoblofin: you will still be the victims rather than being victors[/i][/b]/quote]
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by emmaella: 12:01am On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=babaolofin: you will still be the victims rather than being victors[/i][/b]][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by emmaella: 12:02am On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=babaolofin: you will still be the victims rather than being victor.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 12:03am On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

of which if they have thrown all their support behind AD, the outcome would have been loads different. letting PDP steal that march on their rivals is the reason we are here today. there's not going to be an end to their dominance. they would rule for the next 100 yrs. ndigbos have nothing to moan about - their wish has been granted!
Forget the moaning, Ndigbo in Nigeria only wants equity, justice fairness etc. If any administration can provide Ndigbo with their wishes, that administration will be supported any time any day. Having an Igbo man as president may even benefit other ethnic groups more than Ndigbo. So what's the point.
I can remember clearly that when Chukwuma Soludo was gov of central bank, all his appointments were to Yorubas, Hausas etc to the detriment of his people.
Even after the overthrow of the civilian regime in 1966. Two Igbo leaders emerged. One in the north led by Nzeogwu. The other in the south led by Ironsi. But guess what, they both sorrounded themselves with non Igbo people. My point here is that if we have an Igbo president today, he will tend to placate Hausas and Yorubas.
What I personally want is someone who will benefit Ndigbo irrespective of ethnicity.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by emmaella: 12:03am On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=babaolofin: you will still be the victims rather than being victor.
. no country survives two civil wars.if that war repeats,nigeria will not win. that u and i know too well.even the country nigeria knows that too that is y every1 is talkig peace.so don't say the igbos will still victims. peace talks are moves by d political class to save/secure their stolen wealths.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by aribisala0(m): 12:13am On Jan 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Col Ojukwu does not require to consult about 30% of non Igbo people of eastern Nigeria before declaring Biafra.
It is never done anywhere in the world. Those non Igbo people had their representatives at the Eastern Nigerian parliament and they never dissented to the formation of the new nation..
I think that says it all so why does Nigeria need to consult Ndigbo who are less than 30% before appointing a President after all that is not as important as declaring a new nation??
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by aribisala0(m): 12:19am On Jan 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Apology and compensation should be paid to Biafrans for depriving them of their means of livelihood.

Why should a human with a brain seize peoples wealth after the war has ended, giving them twenty pounds irrespective of how much they have in the bank.

This is pure wickedness.

Restitution is needed from Nigerian Government to Easterners.

But this is a blatant lie !! Is there a case of one person who came with a passbook or bank document and denied his money because HE WAS IGBO. How come it is only Igbos making this claim? Efiks and Ijaw did not have bank accounts?

You expect banks to pay you money without documents? Where is this done. Rather the Nigerian Government very munificently gave £20 each to millions of people most of whom probably never had a bank account or had emptied their accounts. Where are the bank statements? Did Ojukwu not go to court to claim his property
. What about the money Ojukwu looted from the CBN what happened to it?.
D

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 12:20am On Jan 28, 2013
aribisala0:
I think that says it all so why does Nigeria need to consult Ndigbo who are less than 30% before appointing a President after all that is not as important as declaring a new nation??
You earlier asked if Ojukwu consulted non Igbo people before declaring Biafra. The aswer I gave is yes because they had their representatives at Enugu and those men represented their views. So they were consulted. I went further to let you know that they were also enlisted in the militias that were formed in Nov 67. That further shows you that they like their Igbo counterparts were ready to defend their new nation. Apart from the militias, they were also in the regular army especially the 51st and 53 brigades.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 12:27am On Jan 28, 2013
aribisala0:
But this is a blatant lie !! Is there a case of one person who came with a passbook or bank document and denied his money because HE WAS IGBO. How come it is only Igbos making this claim? Efiks and Ijaw did not have bank accounts?

You expect banks to pay you money without documents? Where is this done. Rather the Nigerian Government very munificently gave £20 each to millions of people most of whom probably never had a bank account or had emptied their accounts. Where are the bank statements? Did Ojukwu not go to court to claim his property
. What about the money Ojukwu looted from the CBN what happened to it?.
D
My dear, it is not a lie. Those who had their passbooks etc did not get their monies back.
About looting, the fed govt changed the Nigerian currency and if at all there was any looting, the loot would have been rendered useless. In terms of looting, the enemies looted our properties, money, books, records and anything they could lay their hands on when Enugu fell. When Umuahia fell the enemy troops even looted yams, goats and other domestic animals in the Igbo heartland. The enemy troops were the greater looters. so don't go there.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by aribisala0(m): 12:27am On Jan 28, 2013
Andre Uweh: You earlier asked if Ojukwu consulted non Igbo people before declaring Biafra. The aswer I gave is yes because they had their representatives at Enugu and those men represented their views. So they were consulted. I went further to let you know that they were also enlisted in the militias that were formed in Nov 67. That further shows you that they like their Igbo counterparts were ready to defend their new nation. Apart from the militias, they were also in the regular army especially the 51st and 53 brigades.
You believe your gospel and I believe mine, short of starting another war we will continue to go round in circles because we simply will not persuade each other. Nigeria prevailed and Biafra is history.Those people who experienced it know it was not a picnic others think it is some macho adventure they can roll the dice again and see what gives.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by coogar: 12:30am On Jan 28, 2013
joeyfire:

Don't get it twisted, ekwueme did not lose to obasanjo in a general election, he lost in the PDP primary elections. He lost because ekwueme was an igbo man and the northern military class wanted someone to cover their azzes with someone dirty that they could trust. Obj handed over to GEJ indirectly and because he was weak and was someone he could trust and the return of democracy to this country became compromised and has descended to the shyte we see today

how did obasanjo hand the baton to jonathan? he left it for yaradua - obasanjo isn't God, how could he have known yaradua would kick the bucket when he did?

Andre Uweh:
Forget the moaning, Ndigbo in Nigeria only wants equity, justice fairness etc. If any administration can provide Ndigbo with their wishes, that administration will be supported any time any day. Having an Igbo man as president may even benefit other ethnic groups more than Ndigbo. So what's the point.
I can remember clearly that when Chukwuma Soludo was gov of central bank, all his appointments were to Yorubas, Hausas etc to the detriment of his people.
Even after the overthrow of the civilian regime in 1966. Two Igbo leaders emerged. One in the north led by Nzeogwu. The other in the south led by Ironsi. But guess what, they both sorrounded themselves with non Igbo people. My point here is that if we have an Igbo president today, he will tend to placate Hausas and Yorubas.
What I personally want is someone who will benefit Ndigbo irrespective of ethnicity.

i don't give a flying fück where the next president comes from......
they are all the same - i don't think any region can provide the messiah that would put a stop to the rot and corruption in nigeria - the messiah would not be allowed to win by the kingmakers - they would only throw their support to a fellow rogue!
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 12:31am On Jan 28, 2013
aribisala0:
You believe your gospel and I believe mine, short of starting another war we will continue to go round in circles because we simply will not persuade each other. Nigeria prevailed and Biafra is history.Those people who experienced it know it was not a picnic others think it is some macho adventure they can roll the dice again and see what gives.
The short period of Biafra is still better than the mess Nigeria is thisday. There is nothing to show that Nigeria has learnt anything from Biafra.
See your Nigeria and enjoy it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo 2016: Obaseki Campaings In Atlanta & New York, USA(pics) / Corruption: Sss Is Protecting Maina, Not Allowing Efcc Arrest Him – Omojuwa / How Hadiza Bala Breached NPA Rules, Exempted Dangote From Statutory Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.